Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #226  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

K9owner That was awesome!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #227  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Stacy Congrats on the 173 sticking! Yay on being overweight!

Rachael How is your DD feeling? The double ear infection sounds awful!

Themilesawaygirl Today is a new day. I hope you had a better day.

Vixsin I was busy this week and wasn't able to do personals. I'm sorry to hear about everything you've been going through with the vandals. I hope you find out who is doing it. If it's those kids you mentioned, maybe they can make restitution to you for the damages.

Diana(LA) Hang in there. You can do it. Remember this is a lifestyle change. It has taken me 3 years and 4 months to get to goal.

Zoodoo Sorry about you having a rough week. Could it be hormones? Sometimes it feels like we are on a roller coaster ride with everything that goes on in our lives. Jo is right: Fake it until you make it. I have done that many times.

Jo I will probably order the 8 oz fillet. I think it comes with a salad bar and one side. I will trying to stick with the basics on the salad bar and keep the dressing light. I am eliminating foods in the mustard family, so I cannot have the collards. I would normally order them. I will probably have the stewed okra and tomatoes as my side.

K9 We always stay in Brevard during the Christmas holidays. The last two years we had problems with snow and ice. We couldn't do much. I know some people that have gone on the train ride and liked it. I saw some negative reviews about it. I've been wanting to go on the train ride for a while. We haven't been up there when it's warm in a long time. I figured this is the perfect opportunity. It's not cold and not too hot. Some time in the future, I want to go back and stay at the Biltmore house. They don't allow dogs and Magnum goes everywhere with us. We will have to put that trip off for another time.

MzJuicyD Congrats on the new low!

Sum Didn't you mention about shopping at Chico's? I went there tonight for the first time ever. It was so funny. When I walked in there the SA mentioned they had just put some items on sale. She said the 0's start at the far end. They have different sizing, but what was so funny is that she looked at me and new my sizing was at the smaller end of their scale. That is just so odd for me to hear/understand. I bought 5 t-shirt type shirts. The sleeves are a little shorter than 3/4 length. I love them. I just bought some new shirts a couple months ago. They weren't that expensive, but I like the ones from Chico's a lot better. They are more fitted and figure flattering. My other ones are more square and boxy. I don't want to wear square and boxy.

Gwen Hi and Welcome!

Aggie Did you add much salt to your steak? The gain could be from the sodium or if you are sore from working out. Also, daily fluctuations happen.

Larry Congrats on your pound! Great job on the sodium!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #228  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

You guys are amazing! Even though I'm not able to be here lately in a very active capacity, I'm still coming here and atleast reading (and posting when I can)......and it's enough to keep me motivated!

MzJuicy, I'm so happy the scales moved for you! Won't the 250's feel INCREDIBLE?!?!?! I am soooo excited for you, girl!!

Berry, I think I'm kinda big-boned, too....If I stretch, I can get my fingers around my wrist....but it's a STREEEEETCH! When I'm laying down on my side, you can tell that my hip bones are WIDE....even DH has commented about them. I'm thinkin' I may be one of those that will never be a size 2.

Had an NSV today.....one of my son's former teachers (she IS a size 2...or maybe a 0 LOL) commented to me at a birthday party, "Girl, you look GREAT!" I told her I'd lost almost 40 lbs.....she said, "It SHOWS! You really look GREAT!" Inside, I said, "YES!" I was soooo happy!! Had someone else yesterday tell me, "GIRL, you're SHRINKING!!" People everywhere are really starting to notice.....it feels GREAT!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #229  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 700 Calories
Grilled Chicken Breast 400 calories
3 Orders green beans 300 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Old 05-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #230  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

Default Mindless Eating -WHY does it happen????

I didn’t watch what I was eating last night AT ALL. OK, I watched it going in, and in, and in again… bits of this - bites of that… WHY?

I told myself to stop, but I just kept eating anyway. I was making macaroni salad for Jasmynes party, so of course I had to taste, taste, taste to get it right. Then I ate another fajita burrito even though I had already eaten at 5:30 and was NOT hungry - just wanted to TASTE it again. I told myself NO, but ate anyway.

Then the mindless munching began around 10pm (as usual) 2 Dove chocolates, cranberry/nut mix, on and on bite by bite. I was so full when I went to bed at 11 that I still feel full and sick this morning. And I’m SO ANGRY at myself! Aside from the scale being up 5 lbs from yesterday morning I’m just feeling like a discusting PIG.

Yesterday had been such a good start - 45 minutes of intense HIIT on the treadmill followed by 30 minutes of leg training. I felt SO good, SO strong and proud of myself for pushing through on the treadmill. It was great to finally add running into my routine, and cross over footwork… felt 20 again!

I’m getting so strong and full of energy. WHY do I go on mindless binge runs? WHY???? Why do I want to sabotage myself???

Last edited by Gwen; 05-21-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Gwen: Why I go on mindless binges... boredom, thirst, my period, stress, lack of feeling satisfied.... just need to find alternatives... but, I forget too sometimes. Just get back on you plan as fast as possible!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #232  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Hmm, I've dropped down lower than my maintenance range. I don't want to drop any lower. Today, Saturday, is always a higher calorie day for me. Next weekend we are going out of town. It's very difficult to stay 100% within your calorie range out of town because of all the variables and things you cannot control. I am going to just play it by ear for the next week and see what happens. I might have to adjust my calories up a little. We'll see.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #233  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
I saw jomatho on another thread and followed her over here... You are all very inspiring!

Jomatho: you are showing such a steady weight loss, and I wanted to ask you how you are doing it. I see that you are running. How about diet and other forms of exercise?

I've been stuck at 192 - 195 for 2 months and it won't budge. I've been trying all different approaches to exercise - switching it up to keep my body guessing. But maybe I need to start running and leave it at that?
Gwen, first, ! You must have seen my post on the Memorial Day challenge thread that I keep forgetting to post on , I just posted there on Monday.
The secret to my success? This thread! Jump in here and these girls (and Larry-we have one token male in our group ) will get you there! Seriously, I wouldn't be where I am without each and every one of them! My plan is calorie counting and my calorie range has changed because I have struggled just like you. Right now, for May I needed a kick in the pants so I am aiming for 1200 (up to 1300 is ok in my mind) and I am running, nothing else (except an occasional bike ride and yard work when it isn't raining). I have set a goal of 90 miles running for this month. I run 3 days, take one off. I just get as many miles as I can for that day, but I am very slow, so I takes me a while, and I sweat out buckets.
I started this journey on Dec. 1st, 2010 with a goal to run 50 miles by Christmas, no change to my diet, except that once you work out you certainly don't want to go eat crappy food and ruin it, so I did make some healthier choices that way, I lost 13 pounds. Then, after holidays, I started calorie counting. Did pretty well until about mid Feb (I think). Decided I needed to change it up, started weight lifting and doing intervals 3-4 days/week, did all right, but not as well as I had been. April was crap, went on vacation, Easter, lost my mojo in there somewhere and depending on what you look at, I hardly lost anything in April, so that brings me to May and so far I have lost about 6-7 pounds (My computer crashed and I lost my daily weights, so I have to go by my weeklies and those don't always happen the last day of a month). I think for me, I have to burn the calories and sweat, and running seems to do that for me, that coupled with lowering my calories back down near 1200 has gotten me jump started again. So as you can see, I have had my difficulties like everyone else, but when you look at the big picture (my weekly weights posted on the challenge thread), it looks alright. My goal for that challenge, 185-175, which I set back in January, is looking pretty challenging since there are only 10 days left, but I will get there, even if it is a few days late. I hope this helps you in some way, sorry I babbled, but I certainly don't have the secret, it is all trial and error and over time, it comes off. The only thing I know for sure is calories in/calories out matters the most for my body, not necessarily how many carbs, sugars, salt, etc. (I do try to watch those things though).
So, jump right in, tell us what you are doing yourself, what you are struggling with and maybe we can help, even if it is to just give you moral support to get through this plateau. Stacy just got through a three week one herself, maybe she could give some insight. Good Luck!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:18 AM   #234  

Gwen, oops, I didn't see you second post prior to my reply. We have all done this, DianaLa calls those BLTs (Bites, Licks and Tastes ) Do you log your food? This helps me sometimes, knowing I will have to log it/write it down or look up the calories, makes me avoid it. Most importantly for me, is when I am going to splurge, I still make myself log. It is unawareness that has gotten me in trouble in the past. I seem to be an all or nothing girl, once I splurge, in my mind, I may as well splurge some more. How stupid is that thinking? I am working on that!
Today is a new day, stay on plan all day today, drink lots of water and get in a good calorie burn, you will feel much better! Let us know how you did later.
Diana3271, for the figure flattering tops! I like them now too, I used to shop for boxy to hide the rolls! I bet you look hot, hot, hot! Good choices off that menu too! And what a nice problem to have, to be below maintenance right before a vacation! Way to go girly!
Stacy, good morning! What's the workout plan for you today? Another for you for getting off your plateau!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #235  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I have manipulated in my mind how I wanted the information I am about to share to come across, but the only formulation I can muster is honesty. So here goes…

After Thursday’s ridiculously low cals (945) and intense HIIT exercises coupled with a pathetic excuse for an attempt at Ab Ripper X, I felt HORRID on Friday. I had already decided Friday morning I was having pizza (my favorite food on the planet) for lunch, and since I had been so low in cals on Thursday, I reasoned with myself and said, “I have extra cals, so this will not be a problem.”
One would think I would have gotten the clue last time I decided to eat pizza that it is just not a great choice for me, b/c I have zero control over myself when I eat it—but NO! Not me! I’ll spare the details of the chain restaurant and selection, so as to not tempt anyone or myself, but let me just say, it was the yummiest, fattening thing I’ve eaten since the last time I ate pizza! I didn’t stop there! I was feeling so overly-enthusiastic, I decided to have dessert too! Why not go for the COMPLETE gusto!!
4 pieces later, I was completely FULL. Not in the usual..”I’m full and don’t want anything else healthy to eat”, like I normally am. Nope! It was more like..”OMGosh, I am so stuffed if I even look at another slice of pizza I will hurl right here!” disgusting type feeling!

Needless to say, after an hour, I felt HORRIBLE! My abdominals were sore from P90X, as were my upper thighs from doing “bicycle and reverse bicycle”. I had taken a Zantac, but I still felt like pizza was middle ways in my esophagus (gross). I felt like I couldn’t swallow it (even more gross). On top of this… I had ZERO motivation and even less than ZERO energy. I was completely DRAINED!

I drank some more water, but it clearly wasn’t helping. Then my trainer friend called—chipper as ever--and suggested tennis! WHAT??? You’re kidding right? I can barely lift my hand to drink a glass of water, much less play tennis! I decided to go. Why not? I already felt terrible, let’s add a little insult to injury!

I knew immediately I wouldn’t be able to participate, so I begged for a walk around the park twice. I burned 250 cals on the walk, considering the time, it was more than just a joke! However, 250 cals is 250 cals. After this, I decided I wanted to try to play, b/c I felt so bad, but walking had indeed helped. We played for 30 min. I am so glad I did! Not only did it loosen up my tense, sore, achy muscles, I burned 185 cals in the process and regained some motivation and strength.

I am really, really beginning to HATE Friday’s!

Total Approximated Cals: 1800
Exercise: 435

There is a certain psychological factor that goes with weight loss, when the numbers don’t add up and I (personally), just want to say “forget it!” Luckily, I didn’t. This morning, it’s back to work as usual! Bring on the
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #236  

Can I have a drumroll please? Guess who is now in the 180s? 189.8 this morning! Just barely there, and may pop back up, but man, I am enjoying this today for sure!
Today's plan: this is my day off from running, but have a project started outside that I started yesterday, so I will be burning some good calories there. Eating still 1200ish calories, and my timing should be a little better with no games today. DH coming home today, .
Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I have manipulated in my mind how I wanted the information I am about to share to come across, but the only formulation I can muster is honesty. So here goes…

After Thursday’s ridiculously low cals (945) and intense HIIT exercises coupled with a pathetic excuse for an attempt at Ab Ripper X, I felt HORRID on Friday. I had already decided Friday morning I was having pizza (my favorite food on the planet) for lunch, and since I had been so low in cals on Thursday, I reasoned with myself and said, “I have extra cals, so this will not be a problem.”
One would think I would have gotten the clue last time I decided to eat pizza that it is just not a great choice for me, b/c I have zero control over myself when I eat it—but NO! Not me! I’ll spare the details of the chain restaurant and selection, so as to not tempt anyone or myself, but let me just say, it was the yummiest, fattening thing I’ve eaten since the last time I ate pizza! I didn’t stop there! I was feeling so overly-enthusiastic, I decided to have dessert too! Why not go for the COMPLETE gusto!!
4 pieces later, I was completely FULL. Not in the usual..”I’m full and don’t want anything else healthy to eat”, like I normally am. Nope! It was more like..”OMGosh, I am so stuffed if I even look at another slice of pizza I will hurl right here!” disgusting type feeling!

Needless to say, after an hour, I felt HORRIBLE! My abdominals were sore from P90X, as were my upper thighs from doing “bicycle and reverse bicycle”. I had taken a Zantac, but I still felt like pizza was middle ways in my esophagus (gross). I felt like I couldn’t swallow it (even more gross). On top of this… I had ZERO motivation and even less than ZERO energy. I was completely DRAINED!

I drank some more water, but it clearly wasn’t helping. Then my trainer friend called—chipper as ever--and suggested tennis! WHAT??? You’re kidding right? I can barely lift my hand to drink a glass of water, much less play tennis! I decided to go. Why not? I already felt terrible, let’s add a little insult to injury!

I knew immediately I wouldn’t be able to participate, so I begged for a walk around the park twice. I burned 250 cals on the walk, considering the time, it was more than just a joke! However, 250 cals is 250 cals. After this, I decided I wanted to try to play, b/c I felt so bad, but walking had indeed helped. We played for 30 min. I am so glad I did! Not only did it loosen up my tense, sore, achy muscles, I burned 185 cals in the process and regained some motivation and strength.

I am really, really beginning to HATE Friday’s!

Total Approximated Cals: 1800
Exercise: 435

There is a certain psychological factor that goes with weight loss, when the numbers don’t add up and I (personally), just want to say “forget it!” Luckily, I didn’t. This morning, it’s back to work as usual! Bring on the
We have all been there, we have all felt that! The good news is you are back in the game today and you are not letting this derail you! What's you plan for today?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #238  
~Krystal~

Gwen:
As you can tell by my above post, I just came off a similar “high”
My rationale: The #s are NOT adding up, I want what I want—and preferably—NOW!
Just as quickly as I got up on THAT high horse, I stumbled my way back down to the ground, humbled myself, grabbed my food diary, and began to plot out the healthy/correct schedule for the rest of the weekend.

I have learned that just as easy as I can choose unhealthy, I can choose healthy.
I can choose being fat or being fit.
Today, I have a choice and today, I will choose more wisely than yesterday!

So glad you have found your way over to this thread. You’re among those of us who struggle, educate, learn, grow, and ultimately—succeed!!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #239  
~Krystal~

Today’s Plan
I got up bright and early at 3am. Yes! You read correctly! I’m insane, you’ll learn this the more I post! I cooked my entire meal for tonight when I go to work, so that I am NOT tempted once I get there.
I will sleep from about 10am-5pm (1700).
For dinner tonight, I made green beans, steamed broccoli, mushrooms, and zucchini. I cut up and measured out honeydew, but I am thinking maybe not taking it, b/c my carbs will be to much—we’ll see. I’ll take dry tuna as well.
Already, I have eaten:

MN-7a: Edy’s Fruit Bar, Diet White Chocolate Bliss 165
7a-Noon: 1 Wheat Pancake, 2 tsp Polaner AllFruit, 1/8 c SF Syrup, Greek Yogurt, Benefiber 257

The Diet White Chocolate Bliss is a drink I made using 1 pkt Hershey’s White Chocolate Bliss and 2 pkts Diet Hot Cocoa Mix. I don’t like tea and thought maybe this would help satisfy my mouth instead of putting something mindless in it. Even though it is realistically 3 servings (3 packets), I make 4 servings out of it. What do you all think?? Should I try something different?

The nutritional info for all 3 packets are:
Cals: 190
Fat: 2
Sugar: 28 g
Carbs: 34 g
Sodium: 550
Fiber: 2
Protein: 9
Old 05-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #240  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I hope no one gets mad at me for not doing personals, but I only have internet on my little non smartphone but I'm so excited to tell someone... I'm down to 283.5 this morning! That's down almost six pounds this week! I wasn't trying to lose that much, but I'm thrilled
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote