Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry - What about a tankini? You can buy a larger top and smaller bottoms. I have that problem too. I'm still wearing a 36D but a size 6 on the bottom...kind of lop sided. That might be something to look into..?
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #137  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
To add to my workout DH and I managed a 4 mile run. How did he motivate me? "Hey, we can go run by that house we like..."
ooo, that's a good one!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #138  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
Berry - What about a tankini? You can buy a larger top and smaller bottoms. I have that problem too. I'm still wearing a 36D but a size 6 on the bottom...kind of lop sided. That might be something to look into..?
I've never bought separates before because I've never gotten a nice two piece. I love tankinis. Makes getting the suit on and going potty much easier!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #139  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! It's after 11 and I am finishing up with everything. I need to hurry and get into bed.

TXGirl487 Hi and Welcome!

Berry We are making plans to go out of town for the Memorial weekend. The place we are staying has an indoor heated pool and whirlpool. I am so excited. I haven't been swimming in the longest time! The problem is the whole swimsuit thing. I went to Dillard's tonight. I showed the SA my body issues. I don't like the loose skin on my legs and I am really small up top. She looked at me and left. She came back with some things for me to try on. I swear she picked out the most perfect out fit for me! I love it! But I didn't buy it! I didn't want to spend that much money. I had them hold it though. I told my Mom and DH about it. They both rolled their eyes at me and told me I should get it. I will probably go back tomorrow and buy it. The bottom is longer swim shorts. They are fitted and look good on me while hiding what I want to be hidden. I can't find the shorts on their site. The top has shoulder straps. I didn't like the pressure of anything going around my neck. The top has a band that goes under the bust and it emphasizes my boobs to make it look like I have more than I actually do. Here's the top http://www.dillards.com/product/Cari...w_tc3_swimwear I won't be getting the drawstring panty bottoms pictured. I don't even need a cover up since it covers what I want it to cover and I am totally comfortable in it. I will say this, I have had luck every time I go to Dillard's to buy something. I think the SA's there get special training to know how to pick out the best clothes for you.

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-18-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #140  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

K9owner, the WORKED! I ended up with a GREAT day!!! My supper was AWESOME.....grilled catfish (YUM!), fresh green beans (sauteed w/seasoning), steamed broccoli and new potatoes......IT WAS SOOOO YUMMY!! Thanks for the !! I needed that!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #141  
Trying to live below 200

Total approx 1640 Calories +
I'm hoping that my calories were in maintenance range. I'm sure the sodium will mix with water and jump all over me tomorrow!

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
Broth soup 100 calories
Fried Rice 400 calories
Teriyaki Beef 400 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Old 05-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #142  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Berry We are making plans to go out of town for the Memorial weekend. The place we are staying has an indoor heated pool and whirlpool. I am so excited. I haven't been swimming in the longest time! The problem is the whole swimsuit thing. I went to Dillard's tonight. I showed the SA my body issues. I don't like the loose skin on my legs and I am really small up top. She looked at me and left. She came back with some things for me to try on. I swear she picked out the most perfect out fit for me! I love it! But I didn't buy it! I didn't want to spend that much money. I had them hold it though. I told my Mom and DH about it. They both rolled their eyes at me and told me I should get it. I will probably go back tomorrow and buy it. The bottom is longer swim shorts. They are fitted and look good on me while hiding what I want to be hidden. I can't find the shorts on their site. The top has shoulder straps. I didn't like the pressure of anything going around my neck. The top has a band that goes under the bust and it emphasizes my boobs to make it look like I have more than I actually do. Here's the top http://www.dillards.com/product/Cari...w_tc3_swimwear I won't be getting the drawstring panty bottoms pictured. I don't even need a cover up since it covers what I want it to cover and I am totally comfortable in it. I will say this, I have had luck every time I go to Dillard's to buy something. I think the SA's there get special training to know how to pick out the best clothes for you.
That's awesome that you got a great suit on the first try! That NEVER happens. Nice! And yes, GET IT. You are now in maintenance range, so you plan to be able to wear that suit for a LONG TIME. I bet it does look good on you too!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:05 AM   #143  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning! I hope you have a great day!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:05 AM   #144  
Melissa

Morning everyone! I am up almost a pound today, but that's OK. I had stuff with soy sauce yesterday and you know what soy sauce does to you - make you hold fluids. My husband is up a pound too. I'm up .8.

Otherwise it was a fairly low calorie day for me - 1150 and 45 minutes of a mix of cardio and strength training.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #145  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning,

Yesterday was a nice OP day. Around 1400 calories. I did not get to go outside too much though. We had rain all day long.

I am about to go and take my 5 mile walk.

Have a fab day!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
If hot chocolate and a cereal bar is considered a “binge”, I think you’re OKAY!
Oh no no, a hot chocolate and cereal bar were extras that I shouldn't have eaten, rather than a 'binge'. I differentiate because I could easily put away 1000 calories on a binge. I haven't binged this week, and although I'm not eating perfectly, it's a small victory for me to have some control.

I can't seem to get through a day on plan, without having 1 or 2 treats. I know I need to cut out the treats as my weight has been stuck for 4 weeks now, but I can't seem to get through the day eating only healthy food!

I had a bit of a slip (again) last night, went to a gig and had a pint of beer and 2 whiskey & diet coke. Alcohol-wise that's not too bad for me, and my total cal for the day only came to 1600 but I still feel guilty about it today. I also had no time for dinner, so I had a packet of instant noodles and 2 small biscuits on the way out.

On a more positive note, I ran 5.5K this morning (just under 3.5 miles) in a PB time, and spent about 15 mins doing some resistance weights on my arms / legs. So feeling good so far today, here's hoping I can keep it up! Out for cocktails tonight though so not sure how I'm going to work around that. Any ideas?
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #147  

Popping in to say good morning! Had an on plan day yesterday, but had a hard time figuring out the stir fry I made, should have kept the meat separate from the sauce and veggies to measure, but I did the best I could. I am very hungry this morning, so I think I could have been a little under. Plan to run again today, but still not feeling very spunky.
New low today, so close to the 180's! I feel like I am entering onderland again, I spent so long in the 190's, I am ready for a change! Maybe tomorrow! I saw 189 yesterday after my workout when I was dehydrated, but I only count my early morning weights.

Berry, I bought two tankinis back in January from Kohl's, they carry plus sized tops. Not sure of the selection they will have now in the stores, but I be you could find some online. I am very chesty too (8 inches difference between ribcage and boobs so depending on where you are looking I am a DDD, DDDD, E or F) I can't stand one pieces for the bathroom issue you mentioned, also you can pick your bottoms that way, I like the shorts because they hide the inner thighs and don't float up in the water. This is the first year in about 7 years that I have new suits and it was so nice on vacation to have something that fit and flattered me. Can't wait to open our pool!
Gaining, for the great day!
K9, for your great day too!
Lindsey, for the extra workout, and a 4 mile run too!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #148  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Look at you go Jo!!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #149  
Melissa

Just went closet shopping. There was ONE item left in my closet (OK, two... my wedding outfit too) that was too small for me. I tried them on this morning and the linen pants fit perfectly!!! Woo-hoo! It means I really am a size 14 now as everything in size 14 I've tried on recently fits! Wow! Those last 10 pounds must have mostly come from the hips/gut area.

Ok, off to feed the little guy and then off to school and then off to the doctor's appt.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #150  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

berryblondeboys, 14W or 14 misses? I only ask because I know you and I were pretty much in the same sizes there for a little while.....I can do the 14W now (they seem to be a hard to find size) but not the 14 misses.....I'm in an 18 misses.......but the xl shirts fit me now. Most of my trouble is in my hips and butt (we call it my "BIG BERTHA BOOTY")....either way, CONGRATSSSS!!!!!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote