Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #271  

Pint, yeah for the race working out for you and good luck. Did you say how long it was?
Helen, tomorrow is a new day!!!
Lindsey, thanks for the link. One of my Feb goals is to do more yoga! I don't care for Pilates yet, my core is weak and find even the beginning routines to be difficult. I will work into it eventually, but right now yoga is more my speed.
Babsie 56, and congrats on your success so far!
Sum38, glad you are feeling better and hope you feel like exercising soon. Do you know I have never tried sushi? I wouldn't even know what to order!
Diana3271, bummer about DH. Sounds icky, hope it was food poisoning so you don't get it! I will probably struggle when I get near goal just like you. I didn't know what to choose for my goal and have already changed it a few times. I picked a number that fell right in the middle of my "normal" BMI range, then moved it up a little thinking it may be too low and then moved it back thinking I want to get to that! I was thinking I will know when I get there. I think I will feel very comfortable in the 150's, but want to have a good range I can play with for maintenance. I'm rambling, but that is my thinking right now, we'll see if that changes as I get closer. I say go for 155!
Shells, Yeah for DH being back in the swing of the the family! And great job on using restraint with that pizza and beer! A new low too! That's great!!!
Berry, That scale keeps moving in the right direction!!! 10 pounds will feel like a great accomplishment! Not sure on the whole pic thing. I would probably just focus on how far I still have to go . I will think about it. Love, love, love seeing other peoples pictures though, so motivating!
Larry, love your quotes! The current one made me chuckle
LLBold, glad your feeling better and getting back to the gym! Italy sounds fantastic!
Debbie, I highly recommend you try C25K. I did it a few years back and really liked it.
MzJuicy, Good for you starting the C25K! You will get a good burn from that. Sounds like you do a lot of exercising in your everyday life, all that walking and such.
Krampus, I bet you felt soooo much better without all those sugary sweets! Were your moods better and cravings down?

As for me, had a boring, on plan day yesterday. Nothing wrong with that though! Bouncing around the same weight last 3 days, but this week will be a good one if I hold my weight one more day. Can't wait to do my "official" weigh in and measurements tomorrow. I try to weigh once a week, but usually end up weighing everyday, that is why I call Sunday official. And I only measure on Sunday. Had a great workout today. Did a workout I had written down from 1/15/11 (about 2 1/2 weeks ago) and I am proud to say it was too easy, so I had to increase the speeds (intervals). Yeah!

Last edited by jomatho; 02-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

I've been absent a couple days due to crazy life situations. Class crisis, car crisis, family crisis--I'm so glad this week is over. Now to catch up with all of you lovely people.

Pint--That quilt for the baby shower sounds adorable! It also sounds like tedious work The donut thing...I don't even know what to say to that. The idea that anyone should be forced to eat twelve donuts before a race is plain ridiculous. So I'm glad you don't have to. Good luck!

LL--Ouch, I totally feel you about the wisdom teeth recovery. I had mine out almost two years ago and lost over five pounds in a week (NOT water weight) from not being able to eat much or even keep anything down since my body reacted very poorly to the pain meds. I'm glad you're off the mush now, though.

shells--Congratulations on the NSV! What a cute outfit; you look stunning.

LaurenA--Sorry you've had such a bad week. Thank goodness it's over, right?

MzJuicyD--Congratulations on the loss! You look fantastic.

vixsin--I'm loving the treadmill workout! I've been experimenting with inclines lately, too, and you're right, it makes a huuuge difference.

Diana--Oh my goodness, that puppy video. It's so cute, it almost hurts to watch.

krampus--Huge congratulations on no sweets for the week. That's a pretty great accomplishment.

Phew! That was a lot of pages to read. Glad to see you're all still chatty.

My food choices over the last few days have overall been quite good. I've been eating a ton of veggies and choosing healthy alternatives to things. That said, I keep going over my goal calorie range due to over-snacking, but I'm still under maintenance. I haven't binged for a month now, officially, and it's done wonders for my body image--in that I haven't been obsessively hating my body. This has been nice.

I had a bit of an NSV on Thursday. At Target, I tried on some size 12 pants on a whim--and they fit! They were tight, but wearable. This is a good thing; my size 14s are frustratingly loose and my 2XL belt is becoming superfluous (I can almost slip it off without unbuckling it, but it gets caught around my butt/thighs ). Having weight goals that are unrelated to the scale has been one of the biggest motivating factors for me so far. I don't think I look any different, and I haven't lost that many pounds, but the fact that my body is fitting into smaller things is flippin' fantastic. I can't wait to be a consistent size 12 again.

Goals for this week: more exercise, more fruit. Fewer cookies
Old 02-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Krampus – Great job avoiding sweets! That is hard!

MzJuicy – Walking to work is great, I’d count that as a “workout” especially if it’s an uphill walk!

LLBold – Glad you’re feeling better! Congrats on 126.2! I would try whatever you feel well enough for. Both are great forms of exercise!

Jomatho – No problem! Pilates is hard as it focuses on working your core. My core isn’t the strongest, but it’s getting better. That link has yoga workouts I saw!

Eury – Congrats on your NSV!! That’s an awesome feeling! That’s great you’ve been making health choices! I love your goal by the way!

B- strawberry oatmeal w/milk 180, ½ c. egg beaters w/ cheese 90 (270)
S- mixed fruit cup 70
L- leftover 1/2 chicken tortilla salad (greens, corn, black beans, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, chicken, SW ranch dressing) 455
S- popcorn 100
D- chicken and broccoli parmesan w/whole wheat pasta 320
S- FF chocolate pudding 80 w/PB whip 70 (150) I'm in love with this stuff!
30 minutes Pilates

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-05-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #274  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

WHEW!! We're back! Holy cow that race was excruciating! We were awake at 4:45am and started the race at 8:30. The race was a 4 mile, up hills, down hills and around curves race. In the rain. Oh, and it was 36 degrees. I ate 1 1/2 doughnuts. After going that hard in the cold and rain, I couldn't bring myself to eat 2. Not to mention the entire box was rain soaked to the point I had water running out of it. BLECH!!! Including stopping to get doughnuts (in line) and standing and eating them, we made it in 1hr 10min. Not spectacular by any means, but I'm just happy I didn't give up. I soooo thought about it around the 5th time I stepped in a puddle, and nearly puked when I stumbled across some stankin' possum roadkill. I was literally retching until we were about a block away from it, but I didn't give up!! Even though my legs were fried, I ran the last 1/2 mile. I'm hooked. I want to be a runner.

OH!!! One of the girls I was with, a TINY little thing, not only ate ALL 12 DOUGHNUTS, but she finished the entire race in 58 minutes. :O

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 02-05-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #275  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
I'm hooked. I want to be a runner.
Yeah baby!!!!! That's what I like to hear!! Running is where it's AT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
OH!!! One of the girls I was with, a TINY little thing, not only ate ALL 12 DOUGHNUTS, but she finished the entire race in 58 minutes. :O
O...M...G....

Great job on finishing that race! Especially in that weather!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 240/180/140

Height: 5ft3

PINT- Congrats! That's awesome!
I am doing good today. Today it seems like a struggle to even think of going off plan ( I haven't), which is for sure a step in the right direction. I have been telling a few more people about my goals so it kind of forces me to be consistent since I don't want to look like a fool. Yes, it's not a totally healthy way of thinking but whatever works!
I hope all of you guys are getting through the weekend ok. I know it brings out a lot of triggers for many. Keep up the good fight.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #277  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! It looks like whatever DH had is gone. I'm thinking it was food related. He didn't have any other flu symptoms. He had eaten a fast food lunch. He may have gotten something from there. Hopefully tonight will be a better night. Thanks for all the well wishes.

LLBoldAsLove I'm glad to hear you are feeling well enough to go back to the gym!

Sum I'm glad you enjoyed your Sushi lunch.

Jomatho I like boring on plan days. I hate drama and the unknown.

Eurydice Sorry to hear about the crises. That must be frustrating to have all that going on at one time. Congrats on the NSV! Awesome!

Pint Congrats on finishing the race!

Helen Stay strong this weekend against the triggers. Stay focused on your goals and make it happen.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #278  
Trying to live below 200

I am so full tonight! I had Chicken Alfredo w/mushrooms over broccoli slaw. It was so good! I really like using the broccoli slaw in place of noodles. It was a first time for me doing that and it worked out really well.

Total Approx 1605 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (300 calories)
Venti Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
Grilled chicken snack wrap, no sauce 250 calories

Dinner (940 Calories)
Chicken 200 calories
Broccoli slaw + mushrooms 100 calories
Alfredo sauce 300 calories
1/8 apple pie 340 calories

Exercise:
Kim Kardashian's Butt Blasting Cardio Step
500 Jump Ropes
Old 02-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #279  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ok, I keep track of my diet on an iphone app Lose it! (Anyone want to be my friend there? It shares with friends, calories spent per day and week, calories left over for the day/week, weight loss for the week. Great for motivation too!)

Anyway, here's what I ate today:

First breakfast:

Atkins Peanut Butter Chocolate bar - 240 calories

Second Breakfast:

1/4 cup onion 16 calories
1/2 cup cut up red potato 70 calories
1 cup mung sprouts (bean sprouts) 31 calories
1/2 tablespoon canola oil 62 calories
2 eggs, scrambled 180 calories

Noon snack:

4 tablespoons hummus - 93 calories
1 cup baby carrots - 53 calories

Afternoon snack:

1/4 cup dry roasted cashews 187 calories
1/4 cup dry roasted almonds 169 calories
1 cut up piece of dried mango (mixed with nuts) 40 calories

Dinner:

1 cup red quinoa 222 calories
1 serving white corn 99 calories
1/3 cup sliced bell peppers 15 calories
few crumbles of feta cheese 25 calories

After dinner snack:

One medium apple 90 calories
2.5 tablespoons peanut butter 238 calories

Did one hour of step aerobics (low impact) - minus 469 calories

Total calorie count for today: 1808 calories minus 469 for exercise, net calorie count is: 1339.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #280  

Diana3271, did you cook the slaw first? Sounds like a great substitution! I have used spaghetti squash and zucchini cut in spiral cutter, but never broccoslaw and none of them with chicken alfredo! mmmmmmm
Old 02-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #281  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Diana3271, did you cook the slaw first? Sounds like a great substitution! I have used spaghetti squash and zucchini cut in spiral cutter, but never broccoslaw and none of them with chicken alfredo! mmmmmmm
Yes, I cooked it until it was soft, but not mushy. I just boiled it. This is what I used http://www.eat-smart.net/products/product.aspx?id=3 I used Newman's Own Alfredo Sauce.

I make soup out of another one of their packaged vegetables. I use some broth and chicken. It tastes good, and gives you 4 servings of vegetables.

I like spaghetti squash, but I don't like to cook it. I used a special cutter and made "spaghetti" out of zucchini before, but that's a lot of work, too. The broccoli slaw is easy! Just dump it out of the package.

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-05-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #282  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Not the greatest eating day. Lunch was ok since the girls volleyball coach doesn't allow sugary treats and wants lots of veggies and fruit and healthy sandwich options. But when I got home after a very stressful snowy drive home (1hour drive took 2 hours) I ate a little more for dinner than I should have. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Diana~do you bake your speghetti squash. I just cut in half, gut, and bake for an hour or less depending on the size. I also have a great recipe for alfredo that is made with chicken stock, cream cheese, parm cheese and a little flour. No butter. Pretty healthy.

Pint~congrats on the run. My oldest wants me to start running with her but I never felt comfortable doing that at my current weight. By spring I hope to be down enough that I won't feel like a stampeding elephant heading down the road!

Sum~"Step away from the wine"... that is funny. Need to turn up that voice in my head a little!

Well, it is late and I am sleepy. Drinking a little extra water tonight hoping that I'll get the 2lbs off tomorrow. I forget who said it but I really like the idea of binging on water!!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #283  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Belly Buster -- My DD was in Hartland today Your HS hosted solo and ensemble. They had horrid drive home; we live in Lake Orion.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:49 PM   #284  
Trying to live below 200

Belly Buster I haven't cooked spaghetti squash in years. I am the only one in the family that eats like that. The rest eat regular spaghetti and think that my food will kill them. So, I want it to be simple to prepare because of making other foods for the rest of the family. I found the zucchini spaghetti to be easier to make than the spaghetti squash. The broccoli slaw is even easier. Have you ever tried the Newman's Own Alfredo sauce? It's only 90 calories a serving and their products don't contain any preservatives, msg, etc. Again, it's easy. I must sound lazy.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone. I've seen this thread but never joined in. I'm all for accountability though!

Diana, you don't sound lazy. I love love love finding easy things to cook. Frozen vegetables are my life saver. When I need some veggies with a meal, I just throw some in a skillet or steam them in the microwave. I also really like Wal*Mart's Great Value brand of alfredo sauce. Off the top of my head I think it only has three carbs per 1/4 cup, which is really low and it's delicious (I count carbs, by the way). When mixed with some chicken and mushrooms it's a great meal served with a salad.
Closed Thread