Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #211  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Ugggggghhhhhh... Girls, I have to get out of this funk! We have doughnuts, Oreos, and Little Debbie cakes in the house, and it's KILLING me. I have no issue saying no to the little debbie cakes, but when I see them I'm reminded of sweet things and I want to eat something else! I've eaten ALL of my daily allotted calories already, and it's 12:30pm. I'm resigned to only drink water for the rest of the day.

Krampus, it is pretty easy for me to avoid eating the cake. Even now, amid my tons of sugar cravings, cake isn't one of them. Plus, I'm going to be working my butt off to make it so I do NOT want to eat it EVER. LOL

Ladies I'm back up to 157. It has to be from all the sugar, and water weight because there's no way I ate 17,500 calories in the past 3 days!!!

I think I need a sugar detox.

Edited to add: A friend of mine was pushing the "Lemon Detox Diet" and I almost considered doing it, even knowing it was totally unhealthy. Ugh.

Edit again: AAaaaaaand my husband just signed me up to do a run with him and his squadron. A run. Awesome right? WRONG. It's the Krispy Kreme fun run. We have to run a certain amount while dressed as Wilderness Girls (like Girl Scouts, apparently) eat a bunch of doughnuts, then run back. I have no problem doing the dress up or running, but OMG!!!! This is exactly what I don't want!! WAAAaaAAaaAHHHHHH!!!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 02-04-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #212  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Oh pintsized. Tell your husband NO about the krispy kreme thing!! He's not being very supportive!! Boo! Stick to your guns....look at your ticker...you deserve to be healthy!! You can do this, girl! Only 34 lbs....you can do that in no time....I mean, what's a year compared to an early death if you DON'T do this, ya know? Think about all that fat clogging your arteries from those donuts, think about heart bypass surgery if you eat those donuts....think about all the bad stuff that comes from that few minutes of sugar. You don't want to do that to you! You are a person with purpose. People need you, people look up to you, people love you. Be here, long-term, for them and don't touch that evil stuff that won't do anything but give you cellulite and an early death. (Hope I'm not weirding you out, but this is the kind of thinking that gets me back on track! )
Old 02-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #213  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I just read up on it, it's a charity run. Ugh. I can get by without eating the doughnuts, but it's "not good sport" according to some. We'll see. Either way, if I eat a dozen doughnuts (the required amount ) and then run, I'll be barfing the entire dozen. I'm totally kidding. I'm not eating a dozen doughnuts. Bleecchhhhhh
Old 02-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #214  

Diana, I should copy your last post and put it on my fridge!

Pint, can you put the junk food in another cupboard that is for kids and hubby only? I know you would know it is in there, but it is not mixed in with your food tempting you all the time? Doesn't sound like you really like that food, but it is tempting you in a way, right? Either that or don't buy it. Kids get enough junk away from home anyways. Maybe you have to be an all or nothing girl. No cheats, nothing, whatsoever. They must make you crave. The doughnut thing, oh Lordy, what will they think of next? Why do you have to eat them? Maybe you could balance them somehow? If that is not peer pressure, I don't know what is. Tell them you are diabetic or hypoglycemic! Little white lie. I just can't even imagine how many calories are in a dozen doughnuts and how long it will take you to work out to burn those suckers off. It is not worth it. Can you just make a donation to the charity, or help in any other way? Can you tell I am a little upset for you? As for the detox, probably nothing wrong with a detox once in a while, but it sounds like you may be looking for a quick fix and that is not it. Just get back on the plan you know works and has gotten you this far. I agree with cutting out sugar for a while though, and anything diet; Get rid of those cravings first and foremost. HTH a little
Old 02-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #215  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! spent the morning at my little one's classroom so I'm just getting my menu planned for the day.

B- kahsi cereal and milk
L- left over risotto and chicken and tomato
D-french toast, sausage and fruit

no left over points for snacks today so it'll have to be some cut up veggies.

Feeling really yucky today. "monster-pause" (menopause) is setting in and the calandar says I should be starting TTOM, but I never know from month to month what I can expect. Woke up today with the beginnings of a mirgraine, bloated feeling, and crampy. Also and extra 3lbs on the scale Going to really try and get motivated to get on the treadmill today, even though it is the last thing I feel like doing. I don't want to get to Sunday (weigh-in day) and have a gain.

Pint~throw those treats away....or at least hide them so they are so tempting! I find if I don't see it I won't eat it.

Sum~lunch sounds good! Don't you love a good accident!

Lindsey~ bring something fun and yummy that you can eat! If others don't appreciate and support your new lifestyle...poo on them!! Hummas with your veggies, or a lowfat dip with baked chips. There are lots of options that keep you in the game, but not ruin all you have been working for!! Good luck!

Mz~Congrats on your success!! It's great that you can see the differences! Keep up the good work!

As for our superbowl plans... we had invited a few friends over but it looks like it is just going to be DH and the kids. Picked up some baby back ribs and so we will do those on the grill. Making hummas for me with veggies and probably some potato wedges. Will definately do some exercise in case I loose control, but I plan on figuring out my points for the day and trying to plan for any pitfalls. My kids are thankfully more about the game and the "competition" than the food... that definately helps!

Make it a great day everyone!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Novel – Thank you! It sounds like you have a great plan for SBS. Guacamole and baked chips might be a good option for me to bring too! Thanks for the idea!

Shells – It’s weird how our minds are…that we still see our “old” selves. Our brains need to catch up because we’re lookin’ goooooooood! I think you should definitely wear the skirts out, you look AMAZING, seriously!!! You’ve worked your tush off and you deserve to show all your hard work off!!

MzJuicy – Congrats on the 5 pounds!!!!!!

Jomatho – I think I’m going to have to bring something that is healthy. I don’t want to get there and there are just unhealthy things!

Pint – I’m sorry you’re having a rough time! I say put the junk food, sweets, trigger foods up in the highest cabinet of your kitchen. Out of sight, out of mind. And certainly inconvenient to get to. Or better yet, throw them out! I think having foods like that in the house can be a bad idea. As for the run your DH signed you up for, if you can get out of it, I would. That is not being supportive of your new lifestyle. For me, doughnuts are a trigger. I try to avoid them; if I don’t see them let alone taste them I’m fine. Now if I had to eat them for an event like that things could get ugly. Good luck!

Belly – You’re right! Poo on them if they don’t like my new lifestyle!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Pint i so agree, tell Him NO. : ) Most importantly sick to Your words.

Ga Gosh i felt your 'scolding' OK that may be a bad choice of word, but heck i listened. lol

I know i saw a post from a 'gal' from Chesapeake VA but i can not find it. lol. Anyhow I'm just a bit south of you. Whoooohoooo

Keep going everyone! debbie
Old 02-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #218  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
berrylonde - Where is your husband from?
He's from Croatia. He came over when he was 23, before Yugoslavia split up (a year before).
Old 02-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #219  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
I did marry a European, I married a Brit! Luckily, I loooove watching the World Cup, but that's as far as sports go in this household (thank goodness I married a geek).

My SO only watches soccer too, so that's it for sports in our house too
Old 02-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #220  

Belly Your so closeeee to Onederland!!!! Keep going girly.

I seem to notice tickers a lot! I so love seeing tickers in the very low 200's and high 190's This is a number that i have not seen in...oohh my gosh... many many years. Sadly i have to lose 83 lbs to see 200, BUT i plan on doing this right in front of everyone here! Sooooo stay tuned.

I try not to look at the great 'big' numbers, as its kinda scary, but its still weight i need to lose. Its the 'big' picture i guess, but for now, i just want -10 then -20 then -30 lol.

Keep strong everyone! I love this group!

debbie
Old 02-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Missed breakfast this morning It has happened a couple of times I need to work on that.

Lunch had a small mix salad with leftover chicken breast made into chcken salad using 1 tbsp of Miricle Whip Light.

Supper was oven baked Tilapia with homemade french fries done in the deep fryer. 398 cal in the fries and only 148 in the fish Everything was weighed. My total for today is 1017 so far. I have a small evening snack. Tonight I plan on cucumber marinated in apple vinegar,

Walked 3 miles in an hour today.

The best news is I lost another pound today.

Larry,
-----------
We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies. ~Roderick Thorp, Rainbow Drive

Last edited by Larry H; 02-04-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #222  

Hey ladies & Larry! Hope you all had a great day! I was kinda having yet another crappy day, but Shells cheered me up! On the plus side, I did get a lot of exercise and moving in today!

Here's the break down for today...

B- strawberry oatmeal w/milk 180, banana 90 (270)
L- 1 1/2 c. stir fry w/pork, noodles and veggies 350
S- yogurt 80
D- 1/2 chicken tortilla salad (greens, corn, black beans, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, chicken, SW ranch dressing) 455, 1 1/2 rolls 150 (605)
S- FF chocolate pudding 80 w/ PB whip 70 (150) My new fav treat!
30 minutes Pilates
1 mile walk (~20 minutes)
~60 minutes of cleaning/scrubbing, laundry, dusting, sweeping & vacuuming

Night! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-04-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #223  

Lindsey Sounds awesome!

Larry Great!

Have a good night everyone!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #224  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

What a lovely bunch of gals you have on this thread. Hope I get to know you all as I continue to post my accountability updates here. Thanks for the thread, it seems to be helping!

Today:
Exercise:
My best, most vigorous workout to date. Skipped all that boring wii steppin and just did lots of obstacle course, cycling, run, and my own Lady Gaga stepping. I was proud, and I'm sore (which I like)!

Diet:
Breakfast:
Yoplait light yogurt and blueberries/strawberries 175
1 hardboiled egg 70
Total: 245

Lunch:
1 whole wheat pita 100
2 eggs cooked in spray w/onions 140 (too many eggs today! - usually only have 1 a day)
BIG salad with 150 cal of dressing, mixed greens, tomato, onion, green pepper, carrots 250
Total: 490

Dinner:
1/4 lb (pre-cooking) lean hamburger 250
small bun (white) 100
1 tbsp blue cheese 40
salad, same as lunch, add raw sunflower seeds and 1/4 avocado ~400
Total: 790

Total for the day: 1525

Woohoo, another day at the low end of the calorie range -- haven't stuck to the lower end in awhile and it is so time! This thread is invigorating me to keep a close track like at the beginning, and I'm hoping for some good numbers on the scale in the next week or 2. Thanks girlies!

Last edited by shannonmb; 02-04-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #225  

Debbie - Thanks!

Shannon - Wow, great meal plan and workout!
Closed Thread