Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #181  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm now in the second half of my menstrual cycle, so as is the case for me, the scale is my friend again. Down a pound today (really, more, but I don't count those until it's a full pound.). So, 8 pounds in one month and one day. That's pretty darn good without going hungry (eating about 1700 a day) and doing exercise I love!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #182  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

I had to share this with you guys. It's a pretty big NSV for me, because I avoided skirts and dresses like the plague. The first picture was taken at my highest weight and the last picture was taken about a month ago. (please excuse my messy room, I promise it's clean now )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shellie2.jpg (31.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg shellie.jpg (14.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #183  

Wow, kids home for third day in a row!!! That is unheard of in our small district. I am feeling lazy today, but I will get to my workout sooner than later and that will perk me up. Weight is same today, eating on plan, no chocolate cravings last night .
Kim, good restraint with those choc chip cookies. When you described eating them really slowly, I could almost taste them!
Shells, "stress snacking" I think we all know about that!
Stacy, your workouts ROCK!
Shannon, yes, I do the Wii, usually to try to mix things up when I get bored with my workouts
Sum, no fun being sick when the kids are off on snow days! Feel better soon!
DianeLA, I try to eat the lower end of my calories if I don't workout too. It just makes sense to me and my body seems to agree!
Lindsey, nice intervals! I love my intervals, but your high point is much higher than my high point. Course, I am lugging a little more weight than you too .
Serbrider, feel better soon! I have the same problem with lunch. Sometimes, I just forget about it until its too close to dinner, so I just have a few nuts and wait for dinner.
Pint, I seem to always be working on my projects at the last minute too. I had a few t-shirt quilts for Christmas that I didn't know if I would get finished, but I did somehow. Haven't sat back down at that sewing machine since, sick of it for a little while.
Lachele This is a fun place to be accountable and get inspiration!
Diane3271, down .2 and down .2 again? Wooo hoo! you are so close! (Except you keep pulling that carrot farther away )
Berry, what a great month, congrats on down 8!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #184  

Shells, WOW. If I could whistle over the computer I would. If that isn't inspiration, what is? You should be so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want a before and now picture (whining)!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #185  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Shells you are looking great!!!! Good going and keep chugging along!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #186  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well, I guess I could consider this a small victory: I take an Rx fluid pill for my blood pressure. I forgot to take it yesterday (which spells fluid retention BAD enough that they had to put me on the fluid pill to begin with) and this morning, I've neither gained NOR lost (which means more than likely I've lost). THAT is a good thing! I'll probably double up today (I do that sometimes, it never has hurt me, but usually makes me feel better) so maybe tomorrow will be a good day weight-wise. DH says he can definitely tell I'm losing, and quick. He's excited to see how my body changes....I kindof am, too. I can't ever remember my body NOT obese. I've been chunky for as long as I can remember, even as a child. I sooooooooo don't want to quit until I reach my ideal body weight. Originally, I was stopping at 160, but I'll be within 13 lbs of "ideal" when I reach 160.....why not finish at that point, ya know? I hope I stick with it that long!!! (I think I will!)

Everyone else is doing really well, too! I think this board helps...a LOT! I've been a member of 3FC since 2005 and I have NEVER attended a thread here that was THIS motivational (or maybe I just haven't been so determined before?) I think I probably am a lifetime 3FC junkie now.

We were supposed to wake up to 3" of snow this morning, which is HUGE for Louisiana....it didn't happen (like always....our weathermen are terrible at predicting this kinda thing because it NEVER happens)....we got a slight dusting, at best....not even enough for a snowball. Not gonna ruin my day though.

Will be glad when these knots go out of my tummy (from the nerves).

Have a GREAT day everyone! We can do this!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #187  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Ser -- It just means your focus is changing! Yay!

Diana: Patience -- The virtue! I have no patience I want things NOW...lol ou are almost there!! TODAY will be the day!!

LL - Your cake is gorgeous!

Shells; You are looking WOW!

Jo: Another day off? Are roads bad or too cold? My kids wanted to stay at home.

Day three being sick. Feels like I may be getting a bit better. Kids are back to school. Scale went back down to my Monday's weight. Those 2.5 pounds yesterday freaked me out; I think it was all the water and tea I was drinking. So I was relieved this AM.

Everyone have a FAB day!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #188  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Diana in LA...this is my AA If I want to eat, I come and read posts and I put the fork down It definitely helps. When I am wearing some sexy little numbers, I wanna come and give each lady here a huge big hug!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #189  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Sum38....hehe.....your AA. That's about right for me, too!! Isn't there really an overeaters anonymous?

I just tracked my weight again at livestrong.com. It decreased my calorie intake from 1190 down to 1178 because of my 2 lb loss. Before long, I'll be at no calories, I'm tellin' ya'll!! 1178?!?! For real?!?!?! The 1190 were hard enough!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 02-04-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #190  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I think we have OA in town, maybe. This is a LOT easier than getting a coat on, drive there.... Just one click, and voila!

That is not very many calories. Bummer. I am using my fitness pal .com...all one word, and my allowance is 1400 cal per day. I lost 11 pounds last month. Are you feeling okay? Not light headed or overly starving?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #191  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

This week has not been a good one for me. I just want to go home, cry and crawl under the covers of my bed and sleep for a day... TGIF *sigh*

Here is my plan for the day Fri 2/4/2011

B - 1 WW multi-grain thin bun w/ natural PB and organic jam + 1 choc.soy pudding + 1 banana

S - 1/2 cup raw broccoli & 5 low-sodium Triscuts w/ hummus

L - Not sure yet

S - 1 small apple

D - Not sure yet

Drinking: At least 2L water + At least 2 cups green tea

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend
Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #192  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

BTW Shells you look fantastic!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Pint – Holy cow, you’re one busy chick!! That’s great you have someone hiring you to do a birthday cake! I would ask what she wants and call around to other bakers to get an idea of what they charge. When I made handmade jewelry and sold it, I looked around at what others were charging to get an idea, then there is the whole profit thing and how much time it takes you to complete it…

Tina – Aww, I’m sorry to hear about your uncle! That’s so nice of you to go and help and work those muscles in the meantime!

LLBold – Aww, hope you feel better soon! I remember when I got mine taken out, it was not fun eating all the “mushy” or liquid stuff. That cake is SO cute!! I’m impressed!

Larry – Wow! Nice work getting that mile in!

Iwant2- Hello and That is too funny that you can’t sleep…I was the same way! I fell in love with it here! I think you will really love 3FC and this thread!

Krampus – It looks like you did well yesterday. Your workouts are always awesome!

Diana - for your downward trend!!

Shells – Don’t take this the wrong way but you are smokin’ hot!!! (whistles) You look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jomatho – Thanks!

Gaining – That’s great!!!!

Sum- AA… I do the same thing!!!

Lauren - I hope next week is a better week for you my dear!

: 148.2# (27 lost!)

Excuse me while I go jump for joy.

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-04-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #194  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Looking GOOOOD Shells!!!!! Foxy Lady!!!

I let go of some of that water last night and was down .8 today. I'm still sore from shoveling but my sidewalk is now finished. Until tomorrow's storm....oye vay!!! LOL I remember saying a secret little prayer about wanting to do more upper body work but this is NOT what I was talking about! LOL

BBL
Old 02-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm interested to know what everyone's plan is for Super Bowl Sunday? Not that I care a lick about football...but, I am going to a "party." They are having the usual unhealthy stuff, wings (yuck!), dips, chips, snacky stuff.

What is your plan of attack?

I think I'm going to eat before I leave and then snack on a little bit of the stuff to look social. I loathe these kinds of things. For one I hate wings, I have a thing about what I call "gnarly" meat, and it seems like when you bite into a wing you have to decide to chew, shallow, or spit out. I would rather just avoid that, and not eat them. DH wants to bring a cake to the party or some kind of sweets... Can't I bring some low fat yogurt and apples for everyone?! They would probably kick me out...
Closed Thread