Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys!

Shannon... congrats on the great workout! I've been off for three days because of my wisdom teeth, but I think I'm safe to work out tomorrow and I'm SO looking forward to it (and proud of myself for looking forward to it). I just hope that my face is less swollen so I don't scare away the cute boy I've been eyeing at the gym ;-) haha...

Belly... yay for Onederland! You'll be there in no time!

Pint... I know what its like having bad food in the house! I have two lovely roommates who are always willing to share. One is italian and ALWAYS making pasta, the other loves sweets (she made brownies tonight and has M&Ms out for guests... which I've banished to the top of the refrigerator so I cant see them).

_____

Still eating mushy foods, still look like a chipmunk so I'm staying in tonight. But, on a better note, my aunt and I are making plans to go to Italy in May! We're going with her best friend and my cousin (whose my age and basically my brother). I'm SO excited... we're leaving two days after I graduate from law school and we are spending a week in Rome and a week in Florence. So, I spent all day today looking at vacation rentals in Italy. :-) My aunt wants to lose some weight before hand (goal is to go from a size 12 to an 8) so maybe I will convert her to 3FC!

I've also decided that I really want to focus on distance running... when I interned last summer one of my roommates was an amazing runner/cyclist and she's convinced me to do a half marathon with her in Montreal in September. Its plenty far away so I think I can do it! Right now I think the max I can do is like 3 miles, and I've never run more than 7 miles in my life but I would LOVE to be a "runner" ... so wish me luck. :-)

I'm only at about 1000 cals today... so I think I'm going to use some milk to mush up a brownie that my roommate made. :-)

Last edited by LLBoldAsLove87; 02-04-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 240/180/140

Height: 5ft3

Hi all! Congrats on all the good news. And for the people having issues (like me!) just keep saying "tomorrow is a new day!" I really fell off the wagon foodwise. Nothing too extreme, just not keeping on plan. It really depressed me. Ive been working out pretty hard so that's a good thing. Tomorrow will be a new day and I will refuse to do stupid things that don't give me joy either when eating them or after I'm done. It is not worth the harm to my mental or physical being.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #228  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Feeling more sick today... Woke up with 217.5 on the scale though... happy about that... even if it is mostly water weight.

But yeah... sharp pains in my head... congestion like crazy... no appetite for anything except for Sobe Lifewater (Had two today so far... my intention is to only have one a day at the very most... bleh) or Coke Zero (and I've told myself I can have a maximum of three cans/cups a week... so far I've had two... not today... but yesterday and the day before). So... yeah. I've tried just water... and while I'm drinking it... just not satisfying that desire... Might give in and have one coke zero... then again... might be more worth it tomorrow.

The mom has piggy flu... so... yeah. High likelihood of the entire family having it... again... bleh. Not fun.

Nice to hear that others are doing well... and for those that aren't... be glad you're not sick! Haha... just kidding. Like helen73 said... "tomorrow is a new day". Hopefully my new day will be that I slept off the worst symptoms of the piggy flu... then again... I have no idea.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #229  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Evenin' kids!

Had a great workout tonight. Walked/jogged for 4 miles tonite for about 55 mins. I was pumped. It felt really good to run. I was doing intervals again and added just a smidge of an incline while I was running today. OMG!!!!! Just putting it to a 1% incline, I could feel the different muscles working in my legs. It felt AWESOME!!!!!! I burned roughly 600ish calories tonight! I am psyched.

My supper had more sodium than I would have liked but I was at my parents house and was working with what they had. The soup I ended up having was some chicken, bean, vegetable yumminess that mom added some extra chicken to. OMG!!! I wasn't entirely sure of the calories so I over-estimated just to be on the safer side. Needless to say, I am STILL drinking water at 10 o'clock at night. LOL I'm going to be up 20 times tonight! LOL

------------

Helen: Hang in there. Everybody falls off the wagon. Heck, I usually end up getting dragged BEHIND it!! LOL Brush off, and back at it. We're with ya!

Pint: You're stronger than those snacks!! I'm more bummed about that run that hubs signed you up for. The run sounds fun but the donut thing kinda heebs me out. How is jamming too many of them down your throat as fast as you can and then RUNNING fun? Odd. I wouldn't eat any of them. If I felt super pressured, I'd eat 1 and that's it. I hope you get things figured out.

LLBold: Glad your mouth is doing better. I just got over some dental torture myself. Hope you're able to get back to the gym. Oh! And a big yay for the cute boy! I love the eye candy at my gym.

Serb: Hope you and the fam feel better.

Last edited by Vixsin; 02-04-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #230  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I got a lot of my work done today! Hopefully I can get caught up with the thread this weekend.

Total Approx 1455 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (715 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
Steamed Veggies 75 calories
Fruit cup 90 calories
Almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts 150 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Old 02-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #231  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Evening everyone! Turns out, the category the team captain signed us up for means we don't HAVE to eat all 12 doughnuts. That's so good 'cause I'd surely barf. We can put the doughnuts we don't eat into our backpacks and bring them home. Mine will be going to my friend's son and husband. She is in the hospital, she had her baby today! They're both fine and she has an adorable baby girl now!

Wish me luck! This will be my first race EVER.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen73 View Post
Hi all! Congrats on all the good news. And for the people having issues (like me!) just keep saying "tomorrow is a new day!" I really fell off the wagon foodwise. Nothing too extreme, just not keeping on plan. It really depressed me. Ive been working out pretty hard so that's a good thing. Tomorrow will be a new day and I will refuse to do stupid things that don't give me joy either when eating them or after I'm done. It is not worth the harm to my mental or physical being.
That is a great attitude to have! Just because you "mess up" one day, look forward and kick butt tomorrow!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #233  

Serb - Hope you feel better soon! Congrats for 217.5!!

Vixsin - Dang, 4 miles!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT work! I'm SO proud of you! That is seriously amazing!!!

Pint - That is good news! Best of luck to you in the race!

Hey my 3FC buddies! I found this cool website (well I think it's cool anyway ) it's 30 day routines to get started running, doing yoga, pilates, weight training, etc...it's pretty neat. Since I'm focusing on toning, I'm going to do the pilates one. I've done pilates in the past, but I really want to work on my form, so I'm starting from square one as of tomorrow. Anyways, here is the link if anyone is interested in checking it out:

http://exercise.about.com/od/exercis...tartGuides.htm
Old 02-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #234  
Trying to live below 200

Pint Good luck with the race! And avoiding the doughnuts!

Lindsey Thanks, I'll check it out.

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-04-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 225/225/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi I'm new here. Just started my diet this week, eating around 1200-1400 a day, and exercise for 40 mins 4 X week. Have lost 5 lbs so far. weighed in this am at 213. I hope to keep losing and hope to stick with it. Trying to get used to being hungry and not full all the time.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #236  
Trying to live below 200

babsie56 Hi and Welcome! Maybe you can try to find some foods that are less calorie dense and fill up on them. It's not a good feeling to be hungry. I wouldn't like that at all. There are a number of great tasting veggies that are low calorie and filling.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #237  

Diana - No problem! I thought it was kind of neat. For Pilates they have an e-course you can sign up for that has different workouts every week it sends to your e-mail.

Babsie - Great job on your progress thus far! Sounds like you have a great plan in place!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-04-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #238  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning,

I am finally getting better But my little man is sick

Welcome babsie56! Good job on your 5 pound loss

I think I gained a pound while I was sick. Oh well... I can focus on walking again. I will take it easy -- I am a speed demon -- so I will keep my walk a bit lighter speed for the next few days.

I am meeting girlfriend for lunch, sushi. I like sushi because I can not exceed 500 calories, I am stuffed. I made my mealplan and totaling 1400 cal for the day.

Everyone have a FAB day!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #239  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

It's been a rough night/morning, here. Yesterday DH started feeling bad and it went downhill from there. He's been up all night sick. Magnum (our dog) decided at 6:30 am that it was time to get up and play. I have been trying to clean up from where DH was sick. Although I have not had enough sleep, I had a good weigh in this morning. I'm down 1.2 pounds to 159.2. TTOM has started so I am expecting a weight increase from that. I am mentally prepared for that.

I am adjusting my ticker for my new goal of 157. I feel like adjusting it to 155. I still want to stay between 155-160. But for some reason, I want to get to my normal BMI range of 155. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #240  
Trying to live below 200

Sum I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Now that you are feeling better, you will probably drop that extra pound quickly. I've noticed that some people do have a slight gain when they are sick. I think the body is focusing on healing itself and not losing weight. Enjoy the sushi and time with your friend.
Closed Thread