Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #136  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Mind if I join you ladies? I haven't lost in 2 weeks and I'm getting frustrated, even though I've lost 10 lbs total for January. When I read something like that from other people, I think, "wait for the whoosh, weight loss is not always linear, you've lost 10 lbs this month, yada yada yada". I know all this is true, but I want to keep myself totally accountable to be sure I'm still on the right track!

Yesterday:

EXERCISE:

Exercised for 45 minutes, intervals of light weights/calistenics and cardio -- really stepping up my workouts this month and really proud of it! BUT, spent a lot of the rest of the day snowed/iced in (daughter and hubby both had snow days as well), so how much did exercising accomplish if I'm going to sit on my butt the rest of the day? I can't wait till SPRING when we can be out and about!

DIET:

Breakfast:

1 whole wheat pita 100 calories
1 egg cooked in pam with veggies ~75 calories
1 yoplait light with blueberries ~150

Total: 325

Lunch:

1 whole wheat pita 100
5 oz fresh turkey breast ~ 150
1/4 avocado 70
3 cherry tomatoes 25
1 tbsp green goddess dressing ~65
Large bowl of homemade turkey noodle soup ~350?
1 med apple 75

Total: 835

Dinner:

5 turkey meatballs with reduced sodium/sugar free spaghetti sauce ~350
1 med potato baked in wedges with pam and Mrs. Dash 160
LOTS of brussels sprouts (3 cups?) 180
2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream 50

Total: 740

Daily total: 1900

Okay, lunch was more than I imagined. I have been doing this pretty loosy goosy till now and losing well, but you CAN at +/- 300lbs. I like a calorie range of 1400-2000, but lately I must admit there are less 1400s and more 2000s than at the beginning. PORTION CREEP! How would I even know if I'm not figuring it up daily?!

I am proud of the changes I have made in my diet, and of my progress thus-far. But I am absolutely willing and able to start tracking more closely if necessary and tweaking. I've told myself that from the beginning!!! I think it's time!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #137  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

And I had a HUGE bounce up this morning of 2.2lbs to 216.6 I was expecting the gain yesterday after all of the exercise. I am so incredibly sore from shoveling. I could only do half of my sidewalk yesterday. So I'll have to do the other half today. Admittedly, I was snackier than usual yesterday and my day was heavier carbs than normal. I'm not scared though, I'm going to the gym today. I have to shovel today too so that'll take care of my upper body work. The scale will get moving again. I'm not skerrrrd!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #138  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

shannonmb Hi and Welcome!

Vixsin You are so letting that scale know who is in charge!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Breanne Way to go!!! ~dances around with Breanne~I like what you said about staying on track for the rest of the week. I mean, sometimes my goal is to just be healthy for the next hour, or evening, or day or week. Its a lot easier to be healthy One day at a time, then thinking i have another 20 years of being healthy and perfect. LOL Kinda like i can't lost 40 lbs, BUT i can lose 10 lbs 4 times.

Vixie LOL I'm not skeeered eighter!

Shannon Welcome!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Cheering Diane on for her next .6 lb loss!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Novel - That's awesome!! Congrats!

Shannon - Congrats on your WL thus far! Sounds like your workouts are awesome! You'll see the scale move again soon!

Vixsin - Darn scale! You'll see the scale move again soon!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-03-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #142  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone

So I had handed in my gym registration package today and did my fitness assessment so I am already to start on Monday! Yay. My physio recommends me starting off with something that is low impact, just so I don't do anything to my back, so I am probably going to start with the elliptical and adjust week by week depending on my progess.

Here is my plan for the day Thurs 2/3/2011

B - 1 WW multi-grain thin bun with natural PB + 1 choc.soy pudding + 1 banana

L - Whole wheat spaghetti w/ pasta sauce and ground soy (I added a ton of extra veggies to the sauce)

S - 1 small apple + 1.5oz dry-roasted cashews, un-salted

D - Stir-Fry w/ mock chicken in a sesame based marinade + kale and broccoli on brown rice

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
Old 02-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #143  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Lauren - BTW…love your avi….my I dog crazy
Thanks, that's my furbaby Kammi, she's the cutest!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Stacy,

You can do it, we are all rooting for for you.

Larry,
-----------
There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity. ~Washington Irving, The Sketch Book, 1820
Old 02-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #145  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Lauren--I love that picture of Kammi. She looks like such a happy pup!

Lindsey--Great job on getting that 10 page paper done. Wow! How's the running going?

Vixsin--With all that shoveling, I bet you used muscles that don't normally get a work out and now they're retaining all that fluid to repair themselves. You tell that scale who's boss!

Shannon--I love tracking my calories too, because those calories do sneak up on me! I'd hate to know what I was consuming before I started calorie counting. And welcome!

Breanne--Congrats on the loss!!

Berry--Walk It Out can make me sweat a lot, especially if I go into the settings and put it to fast songs only. I do find myself a bit skeptical on their calorie burned estimation. It always seems so high.

Debbie--I've been doing this since Sept and I still struggle to find the right balance.

Diana(LA)--Oooh, still a loss! You go girl!

Diana--LS and I had a date this afternoon. I think I'm going to stick with her for the next few days. She says in this DVD that it's the workout to do to lose inches and bust through plateaus. My weight is creeping down, so I don't consider myself on a plateau anymore, but hey...any little bit helps, right?

Stacy--That slip isn't a big one at all. You've come so far and I know you can keep on keeping on. Just think of how we used to snack before our healthy lifestyle changes. I would have eaten a bunch of sweets, chips, or something and only stopped until I gorged myself silly. Toast and cheerios aren't that bad at all. And, as someone once told me, it takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound. In the last two days, you haven't eaten 7,000 more calories than you've burned to create two pounds of fat. So, take heart...it's just a normal fluctuation and probably just water.

Again, thank you everyone for your kind words and support, yesterday. I was having a very down day and y'all brightened it up. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #146  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post

Berry--Walk It Out can make me sweat a lot, especially if I go into the settings and put it to fast songs only. I do find myself a bit skeptical on their calorie burned estimation. It always seems so high.
I don't pay attention to their calories burned - no way is that right. I've just gone through the play list and eliminated all songs under 130 beats per minute. I think I'll eliminate under 140 tonight... though might keep BOOM BOOM Pow! as I like it and so does my 5 year old.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #147  

NSV alert! I tried on a size 6 pants and they fit!!!! They are a tad tight in the tummy region, but they fit perfectly on my thighs and rear!
Old 02-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #148  

Shells - Yeah, that 10 page paper was killer!! So glad it's done! Running is going good. My right knee is bothering me again. I haven't ran this week because of it. I've been focusing more on weights and Pilates. How is the running going with you?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Linds - WOOHOOO! Great job and congrats .

Lauren - Good job getting the gym registration in. You're ready to start through!

Vixsin - Sorry for your gain, but it'll come off before you know it with all that shoveling

Shannon - Welcome . Portion creep, I like that - suffering from the same problem . The only thing that helps is portion weighing, portion weighing, portion weighing...

novelista - Woohoo! Congrats on your low!

Well, another no-gym day as I was working for 12 hours and simply didn't FEEL like it . Still on track for my M/W/F routine though.
Food intake for today was:
B - 2 slices of bread with cream cheese and jam
S - Latte with skim milk, no sugar
L - Plain low-fat yogurt with blueberries and 4tbs grape nuts, bite-sized piece of candy
S - banana, 3 hard candies (is that what they are called? )
D - 2 egg omelette with lean ham cubes (2 tbs) and cheese (1tbs), 1/2 slice of bread, coffee with skim milk
Old 02-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #150  

Just checking in, waiting to go get my hair cut, been stuck in this house for two days with the kiddos on snow days, so I look forward to getting out. My scale was kind to me today, down another 1.6 from yesterday!!!. This may end up being my best week of weight loss to date, love that period after the period, if you know what I mean (sorry Larry, TMI)! We will see how the rest of the week goes. I am so close to my first mini goal of 207# (10% weight loss)!!!
Workout: 60 minutes treadmill with intervals to up the burn, baby
Eating: on plan, will up my calories 14-1600 to cover the workout.
Had a chocolate craving last night and enjoyed a dark chocolate cup of cocoa 60 calories and it was mmm mmm good! Will take magnesium today, have read there is a connection between chocolate cravings and magnesium deficiency. Anyone else heard that?
No time for personals, will check back later.
Closed Thread