Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #196  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

LindseyLou: This is what I brought to a party a platter full of veggies (raw carrots, different colored peppers, cawliflower and broccoli. Then I made a pesto dip whihc is one HUGE bunch of basil, a can of drained chickpeas, a touch of parmesan, a dash of salt to taste, and then olive oil to a desirable texture. Everyone LOVED it. Or, bring veggies with hummus. You can bring home the leftovers and snack on them through the week. It's totally party food and it gives you an out to eat healthier (I'm with you - HATE wings... won't even try them. As a kid, the wings were the thing you avoided, so HOW they became the in thing is beyond me).
Old 02-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #197  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

LidseyLou -- I feel we got lucky about SB. Daughter has ACT prep class 1 pm, and son has baseball prac. at 6 pm (still wondering how many will show up...considering it is all men who run the prac, and I don't think they realized, when they booked the facility it was SB Sunday )....so we said No thanks to all parties. I am really happy because I would go and stuff myself with all yummy junk food, drink too much and then feel so horrible the following day.

Sooo...What ever game we get to see, it will be at home. I will make some turkey chili. We are not keeping any wine or beer at home, so we won't even end up drinking a drop
Old 02-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Good Morning Everyone...The boards have flown by this past 24 hours! I will do personals later.

I did good yesterday, apx 930 calories, and they were all very healthy. I got out the body bars and did some strength training, and added a bit of walking. I'm feeling better and moving more.

Have a bright day everyone, eat healthy because Your worth it!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry - That's a good idea! I think I might do that. I might be the only one eating it but we'll see! The people that are going and hosting aren't the healthiest of eaters from what I've seen, so I can see them being scared of a carrot. I'll be eating veggies while everyone eats wings and drinks beer!

Sum - You did luck out! It's mean but I wish I didn't have to go.

The other thing that I can see being an issue is the hostess knows I'm on a diet, well she's lost some weight as well on some diet pill but she still eats pizza, chips, etc...(That's whole other story!) I can see her wondering why in the **** I'm eating veggies when I'm on a diet. I don't think she sees the value in healthy eating, I just don't want to be picked on or criticized for the things I choose to eat, if that makes sense. That's on her if she eats that "junk." I ain't doin' it! (Yes, I just said ain't...)

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-04-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Shells you look AWESOME! So close to wonderland!

Diane Keep going!!! YOUR rock!

Larry Your doing super!

Sum i do agree, this is my AA my OA my support group! Its amazing how this group inspires me.

Last week when i weighed in at my Eat smart Move more Weigh less group the weight recorder said 'I'm so proud of you' I have used those words all week to keep me going. So you never know when your words will inspire someone to keep going!

debbie
Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #201  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Super bowl weekend? Marry a European - you'll never watch a football game again in your life unless it's soccer kind of football and thank goodness the World Cup is only every four years!

I like football (Go Pack!), but not enough to turn it on and watch it. And none of our friends are sport fanatics either. I'll be home hanging out with the family.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-04-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Super bowl weekend? Marry a European - you'll never watch a football game again in your life unless it's soccer kind of football and thank goodness the World Cup is only every four years!
I swear I married a sports fanatic, he likes to watch football, basketball...I could careless. I barely can understand the rules!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #203  
Fat to Fab and Fit

berrylonde - Where is your husband from?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #204  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone!!

TGIF! For sure!

Stacy - WOW! That is a BIG TIME workout!!

LL - OMG! Those cakes look INCREDIBLE! I bet they tasted delicious!

Shells - You look so amazing! Keep up the good work!

Diana (LA) - Are you sure about those calories? They seem REALLY low.

Lauren - Hope you have a great weekend! It's been a rough week for me as well. I'm looking forward to some relaxing.

Vixin - YAY! Congrats on the loss!!

Debbie - Glad you are feeling better!!!

Lindsey - First, CONGRATS on the loss!! Second, Super Bowl. We are having a party and we worked out the menu last night. We are making vegetarian chili with tons of different types of beans. So...very healthy. We are also making hummus and guacamole and having tortilla chips and pita. So those are both relatively healthy as well. I am just gonna have to be keeping my eyes on the portions I am eating.

We have a housewarming party tonight and then Super Bowl on Sunday so I will probably go into my weekly WW points. I just don't want to gain to be back in the 190s. I've been OP religiously this week and tomorrow I am sticking to plan so hopefully the damage I do tonight and Sunday won't be significant enough to cause a gain.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! I know I'm on about it!!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #205  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Thanks everyone. On a day like today where I feel like I still weigh 260lbs, it's nice to see the difference between the two pictures. It's amazing how uncomfortable I still feel in a skirt. I have yet to wear one out! I guess in my mind, I still see myself as huuuuge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I did marry a European, I married a Brit! Luckily, I loooove watching the World Cup, but that's as far as sports go in this household (thank goodness I married a geek).
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #206  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

I am so overwhelmed this morning! Not in a bad way at all! I tweeked my diet this week and focused on high protein foods (with low cal lol). I lost 5 pounds this week! Im not sure what protein does but it works! For the first time this morning I could notice a difference. I looked at a pic i took from Halloween 2010 and I looked at the pic I took today. I almost cried! Down 22.6 pounds total! Never lost this much before!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/mzjuicyd/
Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #207  

Sum, I think it's the roads, very windy last night and today and the country roads are still icy, then the snow drifts back over them. Funny because in town where we live the roads look just fine. Kids aren't complaining one bit. Teased my youngest, woke him up an hour later than usual and said "hurry, we are really late"! He jumped up and said "oh noooooo" (my kids don't like being late for anything, don't know where they get that from.....). Told him "kidding, snow day again". He was mad at me, but thrilled of course.

Gaining, I love that your DH is getting excited over your emerging body. Besides noticing changes yourself, when DH notices it is the best feeling in the world, isn't it?

Vixsin, way to work that upper body!!!

Lindsey, definately bring something healthy to the party. You cannot be the only one trying to be good/on plan!!!???? Just tell that hostess that you are making lifestyle changes, not just dieting and those foods just don't fit into your plan right now. I agree with eating before so you aren't so hungry, but save some calories in case you want a bite of this or that.

Deb, I agree, kind words are a strong motivator. One compliment lasts me days!

Superbowl: DH out of town , so I will make the boys something with hot sauce (I don't care for that) and I was thinking make your own mini pizzas on pita bread. They love those pizzas and I can make mine pretty low calorie, under 400 calories I am thinking, 500 at the most. And prob. fresh veggies or my daily salad, looooooooove my salad before dinner every night.

Anyone have Valentines day plans? Only 10 days away

Okay, I am procrastinating, I have got to get my butt on that treadmill!!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #208  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

WOW! Lots of posting this morning! I can't keep up! I feel pretty sure about those calories I listed. It asks me my age, height, weight, activity level, how much you want to lose per week (my goal is 2 lbs), etc. and it tallies up how many calories you should eat. So far I've lost between 2 and 2.5 lbs per week, so it must be pretty accurate. 1178 calories (or whatever it was) seems low though! I'm wondering how I'll manage it. I'll figure out a way. I'm not having much problem with being hungry as long as I eat all my meals. If I skip, I'm in trouble!

Anyway, I have a ton of stuff to get done at work and I haven't even started. I'll BBL!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #209  
Fat to Fab and Fit

DianaLA, better get Back to work

I just made a really yummy lunch by accident.

I watched Dr. Oz, (maybe) last week, when he had a guest who said everyone should include Asian mushrooms to their diet. I was at the market last weekend and bought some Bunapi and Maitake Mushrooms (4 oz each bag). I tossed those in frying pan, put 1 TBS olive oil, ½ cup 99% Fat free chicken stock. Sliced about ¾ sweet onion in, and let it simmer maybe 20 minutes. I had big over ripe tomato, and mashed that in and let it simmer a few more minutes. Then I tossed in some citrus grill seasoning, red pepper and 6 oz large frozen raw shrimp. 5 minutes later I had this creamy lunch.

Total calories 502 19 g fat, 30 carbs, 44 protein….. BUT I split the serving in half (for later or tomorrow). Had a side salad… I am full, and I felt I had a yummy tasting meal This would have been good over rice or as a fish taco as well.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #210  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Woot Woot!!!!! 217.5 this morning. probably mostly water weight, but seeing this idiotic temperamental scale actually go down... Feels good.
Closed Thread