Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #481  
Starting Sept 16,2010

S/C/G: 210/189/180

Height: 5'4 1/2

Good morning everyone and thanks for the warm welcome !

So went to Wal-Mart yesterday and they had nothing in fitness videos off to future shop best buy to look tonight.I went and bought some food yesterday and I ended up having to eat lunch some where so I had a ham and suiss sandwich from Tim's that was fine but I had an Ice cap with it I should of just stuck with water.
so total calories for the day were 2040 I am trying to do better today now that I have groceries.Did my morning walk 2.4km it was 3c could of used some gloves and very windy.My ankles are killing today and the muscles in my butt hurt also..lol

Today
Breakfast
Tortilla 75
1egg and 1 egg white 100
1slice of turkey bacon 35
chesse 50
2 tsp of red peppers (I have no idea)
one small cocktail tomato
ketchup 10

265 for breakfast
Old 09-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #482  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning everyone!

Ugh, I'm so tired this morning. Dh sleeps with a CPAP and he kept me up almost all night. I finally gave up around 3:30am and slept in the room that I've been painting. A bit fumey, but hey, at least I got to sleep for a couple of hours. I'm also drinking my coffee without sugar this morning. But, on a positive note, my throat barely hurts at all today!

Diane--TGIF indeedy!!

Thanks, Raven! I really pushed the fluids yesterday and it seemed to help. EEK about the snake. I HATE snakes!

Quietstorm
--I'm sorry TOM is being so wicked this month. Feel better soon!

Roxan--Hehe, that is too cute!! I guess the tiger spit must have worked, because I'm feeling better this morning! How's the school work coming now?

Did I mention how tired I am? I did? Oh well, I'll mention it again. I'm cream crackered! TGIF! Hopefully, I can catch up on some sleep this weekend. Until then, I have a room to paint and a house to clean! I'll be back later.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #483  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

nicole - great job on the exercise - bike riding is a lot of fun

Diana! It's Friday! You know what the means ....

Shells - I hope you feel better for the weekend

roxanne - Great story, tiger spit It's amazing hpw our bodies react to foods we used to it eh - but it's nice to know that we are changing

Kris, Meggoat, Quiet, Penguin & abidabbi - Hiya

raven - I am ok with snakes, but spiders *shudder* I hate spiders!

Cinm - If you like Ice Capps you should try Starbucks, they can make it any way you want, non-fat milk, skim milk, 1%, 2%, Soy - you can cut a lot of cals that way but still enjoy a frozen treat sometimes.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, TGIF! Sorry I was not able to post yesterday I was crazy busy! When I did finally have a second, I just fell into bed and went right to sleep. I'm about to go to a meeting at work so I will catch up on personals and my today in a little bit, but here's my yesterday:

9/16/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (330)
large cup of coffee w/ 3 tbsp Coffee Mate cinnamon bun creamer- 105
1/2 pkt original instant oatmeal made w/ water and mixed w/ 1/2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp peanut butter- 105
1 large banana- 120
H2O- 0

Lunch (435)
4 oz leftover baked chicken w/ 3/4 cup brown rice, 1 cup sauce, and 1 cup steamed broccoli- 435
H2O- 0

Snack PM (170)
1 light raspberry yogurt- 70
2 squares 50% dark chocolate- 65
5 almonds- 35
H2O- 0

Dinner (500)
Lean Cuisine chicken Parmesan- 310
2 tsp grated Parmesan- 20
1 garlic breadstick- 170
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,435 calories

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 09-17-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #485  
CanadianVeggie

Almost the weekend ladies!!!!

Anyone have any exciting plans??

Down another 1.6lbs today! Yay!

Here is the plan for the day 9/17/2010

B - Homemade smoothie w/ banana, strawberries and soy milk + 2 slices WW multigrain bread w/ almond butter

S - Cucumber and carrot sticks w/ hummus

L - Veggie Burger and Salad

S - 1 Apple

D - Not sure, going out somewhere

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: 30min brisk walk with the dog

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #486  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Friends!!

Lauren: Rock on for the 1.6!! Go You!!!

Hi Fashin, Diana, Abidabbi, Quietstorm, Meggoat, Kris

Shells: You are most welcome for the advice! I am glad that you got to be able to do something and not miss a day of exercise like you were worried about. Also really glad you're feeling better. Sorry that you are so tired today though! Hope you get to bed nice and early tonite!

Cinm: Glad you were able to get out on your walk! I love walking outside. I am excited to do it as the weather gets colder too. I love the crispness in the air. You're doing great!

Penguin: woo hoo for your 1 lb!

Dallas: Sounds like you had a great dinner and a great OP day! Great job!

Raven: A snake? I don't do snakes. I would have been on the roof of the house SCREAMING for DH to come outside and find it and kill it. I'm glad you ventured out and took charge! Your avatar always makes me smile! I have been meaning to tell you that. Where did you get it?

Roxanne: I think you did great for being so busy. Some days are not perfect and we do the best we can, right?

So I am up .8 today to 238.6. I'm not too freaked out by it. I figure my body has had 2 whooshes in a row so it's normal for it to be freaking a little. I was 100% on plan yesterday and will be again today!!

Breaky: greek yogurt w kashi, kashi granola bar, apple = 430
Lunch: turkey meatloaf cupcake, steamed g beans and carrots, salsa, sandwich round, apple = 290
Snacks: baby carrots, 2 apples, bag of cut up green and red peppers = 190
Supper: I have a date tonite! So I went a little light on the lunch calories so that I can have a great dinner. I have 500-600 to play with, I think that's plenty. I've already looked at their menu online and I am going to get seafood because they broil it. I'll pair it with a salad and make sure to ask for my To Go container right off the bat.

I have healthy habits in place for the weekend. I'm getting together with a friend and her son for dinner on saturday night. We're going to be doing the cooking so it will be UBER-healthy. I am so excited about that. Not sure for Sunday yet, but will be grocery shopping and it's always easy (for me) to cook a healthy meal after I just got back from the store.

I'll check in later on before I leave work. Have a great Friday!!!

Last edited by Vixsin; 09-17-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #487  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Woo hoo Lauren!!! That's great!

I fell off plan with some tortilla chips last night... The scales were nice and remained the same this morning, but they're digital and I know they were tempted to go up. lol SO, I've really gotta get the before-bed-eating taken care of. Anyone else struggle with this? I mean, do I WANT to go bed full and guilty? What's the pay-off?

I had an english muffin with tomato/cheese/chicken for breakfast. 200 calories. Brought my broccoli soup and crackers for lunch and a banana for a snack.

Will check in later!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #488  
CanadianVeggie

fashin - Hellooooo

vixsin - Have fun on your date tonight

dallas - I used to have a problem with eating before bed but I got over it by making sure I had a satisfying dinner. On days where I don't make a good enough dinner, I often get the munchies, you just have to learn what makes you feel satisfied.

Last edited by L R K; 09-17-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #489  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Abi: Lol tiger spit made me laugh as well. It was the most priceless saying. The kid that used it was 6 at the time. He is 16 now and we still use it.

Cinm: I made some unhealthy choices yesterday as well and my calories ended up around 2400. It's ok we start again today

Diana: TGIF to you as well

Shells: Glad you are feeling, see, the tiger spit is a magical antidote! Makre sure you get more rest, don't push it today!

Lauren: Congrats on the 1.6 loss!

Vixsin: The great thing is that I am picking up today and going on. It's not going to kill me. My tummy hurts this morning (which I think is amazing because it shows that my healthy eating DOES make a diiference!) and my meals today are MUCH better planned!! Have fun on the date tonight!! Good choices for meals today

Well, yesterday I totally let my healthy eating fly out the window! After the bad morning eating, I still would have been ok calorie wise if I had eaten a sensible dinner. But we had a really stressful evening. My idiotic son put a hole in the floor (don't ask!) and before we killed him we decided to go out for a little while.

As neither of us had eaten dinner and it was 9pm by this time we went to have dinner. I lost my willpower battle and had deep fat fried shrimp, fish and french fries. sigh it was the all you can eat special. The one thing I did like was that not that long ago I could have eaten 3 servings. I had one serving and was full. And SO ate part of my one serving. But it still pushed my calories up to around 2400 for the day. So I step back up to the plate today, eat healthy again, but I am pretty disappointed.

Oh and lets top off this wonderful story by saying that I stepped on my new scale and you guessed it, the calibration on my old one was off. I was afraid of that. I am now 285.4 That is a .4 gain from where I thought I started! So I reposted with 290 as my starting weight because that adds the 4 lbs that I lost and it is also the weight that my doctor had when I went to see her.

I'm glad to have a working scale but how sad I was that heavy and didn't realize it. The last time I went to the doctor to get weighed I was at that weight too but I remember at the time, I was in total denial about the number (it was clothes, water weight, those scales aren't accurate like they say).

Oh while I am confessing here, with my studies so horrid the last few days I haven't made time to walk! I could have taken the time but it was hard to try and fit it in. This week has been awful exercise wise. I want to look into getting an exercise bike that has a reading stand. At least that way I can get some of my studying done while I am exercising!

I have at least been making sure to park waaaay back anywhere I park at though so at least it adds to the pedometer! I'm thinking of getting one of those and at least start adding steps. I think making sure I add a few more steps at a time won't be as overwhelming to me.

I thought about the gym membership but now especially with the new hole in the floor I need to fix I don't think we have the give in our budget! Truthfully though, I need to get creative about this. I hate exercising but know that I won't be successful unless I get off my butt and move. Never thought I would say this but the eating part is easy compared to exercising!

So here I am today, feeling like I am starting at the beginning.

Plan for today:

B: special K breakfast bar

L:
1 c grapes, shrimp bowl

D: Cabbage rolls with homemade bread (2oz) and 1 T butter

S: two 100 calorie snack packs

Total for the day:

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
1st mini goal: No binging for a month started 9/13
2nd mini goal: 10% loss
3rd mini goal: Walk the beagles every day for a month started 9/14

For every 5lbs lost:
Can't wait till I get to put one here!

Last edited by roxannestags; 09-17-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #490  

Fun weekend plans... Tonight is 1/2 way to St. patty's Day. lol We have two criminal justice professors that own an irish bar in my town... And I haven't been out in ages so think I'm going to do that with a lot of friends that are in town. I don't plan on having more than 2-3 drinks. I work my part-time job all day tomorrow and then studying for a French exam on Sunday. I work at a Uni so continue to take classes for fun. This is my 6th french class and I'm still nowhere close to comfortable speaking it. Some day, it WILL click.

Had the banana and eating my broccoli soup and crackers now...

Anyone have a good recipe for healthy broccoli/cheese soup? I made the 98% fat free version and added broccoli, but it's too sweet... Lauren...suggestions?
Old 09-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #491  

Roxanne, You're hardly at the beginning. You're now equipped with so much more information that you'll need to win at this. You've still lost those pounds and the pedometer can be a good tool... I have a friend who wears one on her ankle EVERYWHERE She goes! Even if it clashes with a cute summer dress and causes people to stare at her like she's a convict on the loose. :/

I know that must really suck, but don't let it get you down... and that one portion of dinner is awesome. We all know how easy it is go to back for more...
Old 09-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #492  

Thanks Dallas! It's so nice to hear encouragement when you are feeling kinda lousy about your choices.

Roxanne
Old 09-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #493  

OK, I am sharing a link for about.com calorie counter. I have been using it for a while for good information articles and inspirational stories. They have always been reliable. They posted this today and I thought it was interesting and thought I would share. What do you guys think?

http://caloriecount.about.com/can-yo...obref=obinsite

BTW, calorie counter has no stake in this product, it isn't sold through them.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #494  
CanadianVeggie

dallas - Try this

I can't eat this anymore (because of the cheese) and I haven't made it in a long time but I remember it being good

Ingredients
1 medium onion, chopped finely
1 small carrot, chopped finely
Splash of olive oil
3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups 1% or skim milk, room temperature
1/2 pound chopped frozen or fresh broccoli
2 cups chicken stock (reduced sodium if you can find)
1/2 pound of low-fat cheddar cheese (old cheddar would work best), grated
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation
1. Heat olive oil in soup pot on medium low heat.

2. Add onion, carrot, and salt. Saute until onions and carrots are soft.

3. In separate pot, melt butter on medium low heat.

4. Add flour to melted butter a bit at a time. Mix well to prevent lumps.

5. Cook flour and butter mixture for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.

6. Slowly add milk to flour and butter, mixing thoroughly as you go to remove lumps.

7. When all the milk is added, return it to the heat, and gently warm it up.

8. When the milk, butter and flour mixture (white sauce) is hot, begin to add the cheese a bit at a time. Allow it to melt in before adding more.

9. When onions and carrots are done cooking, add chicken stock and broccoli. Turn up heat to medium-high.

10. Slowly add the cheese sauce to the soup, mixing thoroughly as you do so to avoid lumps. (If you can't tell, I don't likelumps!)

11. Add pepper, and more salt if necessary.

Tip: When you are making the white sauce (butter, flour and milk) it is best to have the milk at room temperature. This lets it combine with the flour more easily, which prevents clumping.

Enjoy!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #495  
CanadianVeggie

roxanne - That was very interesting, thanks for sharing - it would be fabulous if it worked! Especially for someone like me who hates working out.
Closed Thread