Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #436  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Cleaned out my closet tonight and tried on everything. I have a huge pile of stuff to get rid of that is just way to big to wear. Kept a few things that are borderline too big but I need to keep - gotta have something to wear so I will keep things until they are just too hideously big to wear in public. I have some things that I haven't been able to wear for a long time that I can now wear and some things I've NEVER been able to wear I can now wear. I decided it was time to go through the clothes because this morning I was looking for a pair of pants for work and found a pair with the tags still on that I've never been able to wear and thought "cool, these will work" but turned out they were too big and looked awful. I am never going back up in size so I'm getting rid of all the fat clothes. My closet is very empty and I'm not looking foward to coming up with the money to replace my wardrobe when I reach the point of having nothing that fits, even though I will enjoy the shopping.

9-15-10

80+ ounces water
arm exercises

Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Snack:
Grapes
Sliced Roast Beef with light cream cheese

Lunch:
Cottage Cheese
Hard Boiled Egg
Grapes

Dinner:
Chipolte Chicken Chili (I will regret the sodium content tomorrow).

Total calories approximately 1275.

Last edited by MamaP; 09-15-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 306/240/140

Height: 5'5

I've been eating...not-so-good things lately. Too many chips. I'm beginning to think that nuts are a MAJOR weakness for me, and I may have to stop eating them because I'm noticing a definite lack of control on my part!

The good news is that my weight hasn't gone up despite all of this. Time to get back on track!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the get well wishes! I had a lot more energy this evening and feeling a bit better. I even took my dog on a walk at a park.

Today's food choices were the leftovers of less intelligent choices the last few days... I'm sure you all can tell as I'm not detailing everything.

Positives were grapes, caramel apple, & craisins in place of really bad sweets. 21-2200 calories daily total. I bought some more fresh fruits and veggies at the store so hoping to increasingly move the bad stuff out of my diet.

The scales gave me a 241 this morning. If it sticks, it's 5 lbs in the 12 days I've been food journaling. Definitely encouraging.

I'll check in tomorrow! Goodnight!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #439  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

September 15,

coffee50

½ turkey sand 120
carrots 30
fudge 200

cheese 70

homemade tomato soup 180
Sweet Pot risotto 280
bread 360

fudge 50

choc milk 320

Total = 1,650

Exercise
Ped = 4,432
50 min cardio
30 min yoga

Weight,
216.6 up .4
Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Hi all~
Just a quick hop in. Don't have time to respond to all. TOTALL overloaded on schoolwork and working to get it done tonight. Or at least a quarter of it. I want a free weekend and am not going to get it without putting some serious effort in.

I made a few substitutions to my diet today. Didn't eat all the meat rolls I made. They weren't that appatizing after all. Still felt starving after eating my lunch. Came home early and did not want cabbage adn rice so grabbed a low fat salmon with spinach and cheese. I also grabbed some 100 calorie snack packs. I notice that in late afternoon I get starving and I wanted some snacker stuff to tide me over till dinner.

I passed up real orea cookies, soda, stayed away from the candy and ice cream isle. I did pretty good. I didn't go the the fruit and veggies because I had a ton from the other day. I also made sure every bit of snacky food, even if it was better than normal junk, was packaged in a single serving size.

Ok back to studying. Will check in tomorrow.

Roxanne
Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Roxanne - well done on the good shopping skills I totally agree on the protein, I keep some chicken and cottage cheese in my fridge just in case I need to add to my meal if Im feeling really hungry. Is 997 a little low on calories? We want you to be healthy

Nicole - I think you'll be fine hun

Quiet - Im going to have to try both of these now for sure..thanks for the recipes Yey on the noticing the difference, it's a nice feeling isnt it?

Shell - mmmmm...smooothie *dribble* Nice menu! I think as you work and work it gets better as a general trend, but there are certainly crappy days. The real test is going back the next time after a bad session, keep it up!

Dallas - aw, glad you're feeling a bit better, hope you continue on the up

Kris - :waves: Nice food, keep it up and congrats on the empty closet

Therex - mmm..chicken You're doing great, keep it up I'm sure we will be able to tell hun, especially seeing as you said other people are noticing.

Penguin - I know that 'let's get it out of the way and eat better again feeling'. It's awful but I'd rather eat a 1/4 of a cake today and none tomorrow than 1/8 cake both days, so I know where you're coming from.
You're still doing so well, so I wouldn't fret and I et it was nice to have a treat

Lauren - you're menus always make me hungry (in a good way, for healthy stuff) I'm doing fine thanks and how are you?

raven - woop! Congrats babe! You'll get there soon I bet.
BACON SALT?!?! Erm...YUM!!!

Blue - I think you did brilliantly to resist cookie dough and have a small bag of chrisps...well done And I agree about the exercise thing. What a great stress substitute than the dough eh? Your job sounds amazing!

Vixsin - Woop on the 2.2

fashin - hi, how are you?

iammare - Lauren put it perfectly, we are all awesome hehe But really, dive in

LOVE - I'm glad you're back, we missed you! I think you're doing fine, keep it up

Wysteria - YUM, is mostly the word I'm using to describe what you just said

meggoat - hiya!

Diana - well done on your cals

Koanashi - welcome aboard You can do this
Old 09-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #442  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning Everyone! The weekend is almost here! (You hear that Lauren? )

I had a good weigh in this morning. I'm back down to 199.6!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-16-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:23 AM   #443  
Trying to live below 200

Kris I'm know that's a great feeling to be able to clean out your closet and get rid of the bigger clothes. I just don't have the confidence to do that. I'm working on it though.

Kaonashi Hi and Welcome! There are certain foods that I call "trigger foods" for me. Unfortunately, they are foods that I cannot eat in moderation.

Dallas Great job of journaling. I look forward to seeing your post today that you are down 5 pounds!

Penguin Hi

Roxanne Great job avoiding the temptations and staying accountable.

abidabbi Thank you. Every day is a new challenge, isn't it?
Old 09-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #444  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Diane--Way to go! What a fighter's spirit! I know you can bust through this and we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Quiet--Thanks for the advise on the yoga. I'll give it a try again, but maybe try and find something easier and modify it for myself. I do want to build up my strength and flexibility. I have the flexibility of a tree stump at the moment. Sorry about the cramps. I hope TOM is kinder to you today.

Raven--A eggnog shake is perfect for the changing season!

MamaP--Great job getting rid of all those old clothes. I'm all up for shopping for new and smaller sizes.

Kaonashi--Nuts are my weakness too! Once I start, it's so hard to stop. I know they can be good for you...but in moderation.

Dallas--5 lbs is awesome! Way to go and keep up the good work!

Penguin--Hi!

Roxan--Did you get everything done last night? Great job in avoiding those bad food aisles!

Abidabbi--Thanks for the encouragement! I will definitely keep it up. Though, I had to mute Leslie Sansone, so that I wouldn't reach through the TV screen and slap her for all of her chipper "I love sweating!! Exercise feels soooo good!!" comments. Hehe...
Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #445  
Trying to live below 200

Shellsbrood Have you ever heard of Debra Mazda? She has a walking workout, too. I like her. I find her to be motivating without being too chipper. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...lking-fit-5727 Click the button where it says Play Clip and you can get an idea of her style.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #446  
Starting Sept 16,2010

S/C/G: 210/189/180

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi Ladies,

Can I join you guys!I just started today eating better and started exercise
I got my but in gear and did 2.4km I did a good fast walk I was breathing heavy and sweating and legs had that burning numb feeling.I know it is only 2.4 km but it is up and down hills and walked in the looser dirt in the side of the road off and on (really makes a difference).So I am off to Wal-Mart to buy a dvd maybe jillenne Michaels if they have and a kickboxing video.

I think my problem is portion control and what I am eating I don't have many bad habits(so I think)I don't eat at night,I drink diet Pepsi only when I eat out usually at home water and Ice tea(stopping that).I like veggies not a huge fruit eater(trying to improve)
Old 09-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #447  
Trying to live below 200

Cinm Hi and Welcome! We would love to have you join us. I understand about the portion control.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #448  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi Cinm Welcome

Shell - you're welcome

Diana - it is, but I'm sure you're going to get those rewards because you work so hard - congrats on your weigh in

Stayed OP yesterday but for dinner had a quick cheese toastie instead so 400cals...total for yesterday 1300 which I'm ok with

Today
B - toast (300)
L - veggie sausage casserole, broccili and a corn on the cob (400) followed by the little chocolate crunchy do-dahs...need to cut em out really but staying honest here otherwise whats the point!? (200)
D - 400-500 for dinner tonight, proably veggies and rice

So total hopefully - 1300-1400
Old 09-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #449  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Friends!

More water went buh-bye! I was 237.8 this morning! Down 1.2

100% on plan yesterday and sho-nuff will be today too!!!

BBL for personals. I promise.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #450  
Trying to live below 200

abidabbi Thank you and for the support. Great job of staying on plan.

Vixsin Great job on the loss and for staying on plan!
Closed Thread