Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #616  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning!!

Thank you all for your encouraging words yesterday! I'm definitely taking what y'all said to heart and am going to simply stick my tongue out at the scale. You all had me laughing yesterday, thank you!! I think the lack of sleep had gotten the best of me.

Yesterday's accountability:

Exercise: 4 fast miles LS
Breakfast: fatfree yogurt, grapenuts, banana
Lunch: bread thins, lowfat muenster, slice of turkey, lettuce, tomato, hummus, pickle
Snack: grapes
Dinner: Healthy Choice portabello marsala pasta, hot chocolate
Calories: 1,132

be back later!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #617  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Girls!!

Thank you for the encouraging words yesterday. I am learning how to deal with the constant fluctuations. I am also learning to take heart in the little things like the confidence I have in my meal plans and the changes I am feeling happening in my body. I am also learning that the scale is just a tool and the number doesn't define me. Big and often difficult lessons for me. I went a very long time being deathly afraid of a scale and thusly never stepping on one!

Today moved down .6 to 239.4 so that's nice to see. I have my day planned so I have no worries foodwise. I have also begun to add some more exercise to my plan. I have been doing a nice 30 min walk around the neighborhood and yesterday I added 10 mins of Pilates. I can feel it in my core for SURE today! I am excited to go on another walk and do pilates again today. I look forward to getting better at it and being able to do it for longer times.

Mama: LOVE the tat!! I have a rose on my hand and vampire bires on my left shoulder. yep, I sure do. It's back from my "Goth" days. LOL

Shells: Glad you're feeling better.

Roxanne: Well done on resisting the oreos! I would like to think I'd be able to. But....I'm not so sure. LOL

Raven: Your food sounds so yummy! Glad your day is better.

Meg: Nice job on that exercise!

Quietstorm: WTG on being on plan for over 2 weeks! I love those kind of victories!

to everyone else. I need to get to work. Check back later.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #618  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'3

Hi, I'm a new member, but the daily accountability of this thread is great, is it ok if I join in?!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #619  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Ebanz!!!

You're always welcome here! Just jump right in and start posting! We love that!!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #620  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'3

Thanks vixsin!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #621  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Mornin' Ladies! Hope everyone has a great day.

Vixsin ~ thanks. The tattoo was supposed to be small and discreet ha ha. It's a little bigger than I had planned and now that I've lost so much weight and my wrist is smaller it looks even bigger. But, it has a lot of meaning so that's okay. Vampire teeth, huh? I want to get another one but I want it on my ankle and because of my job I can't so not sure it will happen. I want two little M&M guys - like a big brother/little brother. I call my grandsons my little M&Ms because their names both start with M.

Last edited by MamaP; 09-22-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #622  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Welcome Ebanz!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #623  

My Tuesday:

breakfast - 1 small waffle made from whole grain organic mix, 1/2 small apple, 1 slice of peach. Coffee w/ splash of skim. Smaller than usual breakfast...would've had another waffle but didn't make enough mix.

lunch - 1 hamburger homemade with our local, organic, grass-fed super lean ground beef. Tomatoes and sauteed onions from garden, and lettuce, and mustard. On 2 slices whole wheat bread. Yums. I had a 250 calorie dark chocolate dove ice cream bar for dessert - I bought an individual wrapped treat and decided it was worth the calories. Funny how since I was eating sweets while I was away at the wedding, now my body has become accustomed and yesterday was craving it. Probably part stress, too.

snack - some leftover whole grain pasta with pesto.

dinner - (small, cause I had a big snack) scrambled eggs w/ sauteed sweet potato greens, onions and tomato. One slice of toast. 1/2 serving of homemade pear crisp to celebrate the first day of fall.

snack - 4 squares of ghiradelli chocolate. After long stressful day, took a hot shower, watched a netflix and ate chocolate. But reasonable portion, and I savored it. Felt like self-care.

More sweets than usual, but think it balanced out calorie-wise. Didn't get any exercise in, but took a dance class Mon and have another one planned for tonight, and planning a run on Thursday.

Scale is continuing to go down from its distressing Monday am high after my long weekend away for the wedding - just goes to show the scale fluctuations happen. I could've freaked that the scale said I had gained 7 pounds in three days, but clearly that didn't happen and now, oh look, I am back to my usual range of scale fluctuation two days later. Fully expect to be back in onederland by the end of the week once water weight is gone.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #624  

Ebanz - welcome! Glad to have you!

Diana - thanks for your encouragement. Wow, to think of myself as an example...that makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Vixsin - sounds like you are learning to deal with scale wackness...great job, important skill to develop on this journey.

Raven - thanks, but my body isn't there yet...would love to lose a few more pounds before the trip. But definitely in a place where getting my picture taken isn't traumatic...which is good b/c my Dad is one of those photograph every second kind of travelers. Kind of worried about gaining while I am gone, but I figure we will be doing lots of walking and I can always do situps and pushups and stuff in the hotel room. Will think about it more as date approaches.

Quiet - congrats on staying on plan...when you stick to it that long you are forming new habits.

To everyone else keep up the great work and make it a great day!

Okay, more later, gotta go to a meeting...
Old 09-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #625  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

ebenz315 Hi and Welcome!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #626  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

blue - Going away again! I have to say I am very jealous, Peru will be amazing!

fashin - It seems that everybody is having a busy week. I will be so glad when the weekend rolls around.

quiet - Well done staying strictly OP for 2 weeks, that is awesome!

nicole, meggoat & dallas - Hiya

raven - Glad to see you having a great OP day

Diana - Only 2 more days until the weekend! Yay

Mama - Is that your tattoo in your avatar??

shells - Sometimes threatening the scale works for me

Vixsin - Vampire bites eh .. that is an interesting tattoo, where exactly is it??

ebenz - Welcome to the thread, glad to have you join us!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #627  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post

Mama - Is that your tattoo in your avatar??
Yeah, that's the tattoo on my wrist. It doesn't look as good as it used to because of the weight loss.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #628  
CanadianVeggie

Hello girlies! Happy Hump Day!

Ok so my food changed a little yesterday. For lunch I ended up having a veggie sandwich on multigrain bread w/ a side salad and the for dinner I had a homemade veggie noodle bowl w/ soba noodles, lightly steamed kale, broccoli and snow peas, marintaed tempeh and a tahini sauce. The noodle bowl was sooooo yummy! Glad I changed my mind.

So today for lunch and dinner I will be having what I was supposed to eat yesterday.

Not sure if I mentioned it yesterday but I brought my tickets for my Australia trip on the weekend! YAY! Soooo I will be gone from Dec 22 - Jan 11, away from the awful winter to a lovely Australian summer. It will also be the first time I meet my nephew which I am super excited about! I can't wait, I miss my family a lot and it has been way too long since I have been there to see them.

Here is my plan for the day 9/22/2010

B - Homemade breakfast casserole thingy w/ tofu, vegan sausage, wheat bread and whole bunch of other things + 1 choc.soy pudding

S - I didn't eat a snack in the morning because my breakfast was so filling

L - Lentil and sweet potato stew on whole wheat couscous + cucmber and carrot sticks w/ hummus + 1 banana

S - Organic tortilla chips w/ organic salsa

D - Veggie Burger w/ grilled onions, mushrooms, vegan "cheese", tomato, lettuce and ketchup + side salad with mixed greens, tomato and cucumber

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: 30 min brisk walk with the dog

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
Old 09-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #629  
CanadianVeggie

Mama - How long have you had your tattoo for??

Last edited by L R K; 09-22-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #630  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post
Mama - How long have you had your tattoo for??
I got it three years ago this month.
Closed Thread