Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #451  
Starting Sept 16,2010

S/C/G: 210/189/180

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks for the welcome!

How often does everyone weigh themselves?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #452  

Good morning friends,

My Wednesday:

breakfast - 2 waffles made with whole grain organic mix, almond butter, a few slices of banana and peach. Mmmm!

lunch - dal (curried lentils) with veggies and rice. Water to drink. A small fudgsicle for dessert...only 60 calories and I get my chocolate/icy/creamy fix. Nice find!

snack - two pieces bread with cheese...shoulda gone for some fruit or something less carby but was hungry and in a hurry.

dinner - homemade lasagna. Lean ground beef, pesto, noodles, canned tomato sauce, spinach, sweet potato greens, onions, garlic, shredded carrots and low fat ricotta and low fat cottage cheese. Not as decadent as something drenched in mozzarella, but very tasty and satisfying and much lower in fat than regular lasagna.

snack - (I'm admitting it) about 7 spoonfuls of cookies and cream flavor jello brand pudding...someone in my house had made it and it was there in the fridge. Okay, at least limited it to seven spoonfuls.

exercise: one and a half hour dance class. Glorious and fun.

scale: 199 I love my 1!

Today's crazy busy because I fly out early tomorrow morning to go to MN for a family wedding...still figuring out what clothes I want to wear to show off my smaller self to family members who haven't seen me in a while!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #453  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

meggoat - Wow! That's A LOT of exercise! Great job!

Shells - I just recently swicthed to soy milk when I became vegan and I actually prefer it to regular milk, it is nice and thick and sweet. Exercise, has always been a challenge for me, I just really don't enjoy it, I hate sweating! The only thing that I actually really do enjoy is my daily walks with my dog. I think you just have to find something that YOU enjoy. Everyone is different. Have you tried something like Zumba?? It is a great work out and it is really fun!

Diana - You really are amazing! I love that you will put up a fight for what you know is best for you and not let silly little things discourage you. You are in inspiration! Great job on making it back into onderland! And yes, I hear you loud and clear!!!!!! The weekend is almost here!

Quiet - That is a great idea, grilled zuchinni slices with pizza toppings! I just may have to try it out.

raven - Bacon salt?!? That is interesting. Vanilla Butter Nut sounds delicious! mmmmmm

Kris - Closet cleanouts always make you feel so good! Being able to fit into things that you couldn't before and throwing away things that you will never go back to! YAY!

Kaonashi & Cinm - Hi and Welcome to the thread, great to have you aboard!

dallas - 5lbs lost in 12 days is great, you should be very proud of yourself! I sure am

Penguin - Hello :flower2:

roxanne - You made some great choices on a busy day, well done!

abidabbi - HaHa thanks! I am glad I can inspire people to want to eat healthy food! Great to see you being accountable. AND I am doing great thanks

Vixsin - Great job on that 1.2lb loss!

Last edited by L R K; 09-16-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #454  
CanadianVeggie

blue - Your breakfast sounds absolutely yummy!

cinm - I think everyone one of us is different! I weight myself about twice per week

Last edited by L R K; 09-16-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #455  
CanadianVeggie

Hi ladies! Let's make it a great day!

Here is my plan 9/16/2010

B - Homemade breakfast scramble made of tofu, red pepper, onion, kale and a "cheesy" sauce made out of nutritional yeast and a few other ingredients + 1 banana + choc. soy pudding

S - Carrot and Cucumber sticks w/ hummus

L - Morccoan Couscous + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 Apple

D - Veggie stir-fry on brown rice

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: It's supposed to be raining all day so if it does stop tonight I will go on my usual walk with the dog

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #456  

Diane - congrats on seeing your '1' again! YAY!

Cinm - welcome! I am a daily weigher (except around TTOM and if I know I've eaten something salty the day before which will cause scale to be artificially high). It keeps me on track, but daily weighing means seeing fluctuations so if you do it you have to have the discipline to not let those ups and downs through you off.

Vixsin - on the happy weigh in. I told you that water weight would go away quick. Congrats on staying OP.

MamaP - congrats on your wardrobe adjustment - it's a great feeling to be able to get rid of those older big clothes!

Roxanne - way to resist the junk food...that is a real victory but every time you choose against it you're helping to form positive habits. Good luck with your studies and getting through everything on your to-do list.

Dallas - congrats on journaling...it takes discipline, but as you can see, it brings results.

Okay...going to get as much work done as I can so I can get home and pack for my trip. I know there will be alcohol and sweets (or at least wedding cake) this weekend so my plan is just to keep things in moderation and get lots of exercise in through dancing, and swimming (I think there is a pool at the hotel). I want to have fun with my family, and am going to focus on that being the important part of the weekend, not the food. Going to find the balance between celebrating and having fun but staying strong and making smart choices. because I want to see that one on the scale when I get home. Not sure if I'll be on Fri, Sat and Sun but will definitely check back in on Monday when I am back in Virginia.

To everyone I missed: have a great next few days!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #457  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Cinm I weigh daily. Everyone is different, though.

Lauren Thank you for the support!

Blueridge Enjoy your trip and time with your family. Have fun!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #458  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Ugh, I meant to mention earlier that I'm sick!! I caught whatever my youngest has (he's now on antibiotics, because it developed to fluid in the ears and a sinus infection for him). I ache, my throat hurts, ect. What do you guys do when you're sick? Do you exercise through it anyway? Do you rest? I'm so afraid of falling off the wagon if I take a day off... Blah!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #459  
CanadianVeggie

Shells - If you're sick, you shouldn't be exercising as your body needs to rest and recover. Drink lot's of fluids and try to eat what you can.

Last edited by L R K; 09-16-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #460  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Cinm: I also weigh daily unless I know it will hurt me mentally... like 2nd day of TOM, etc.

Good morning All! I'm holding at 241... Had a english muffin (120) with jam on one half and sandwich chicken on the other. A very small piece of organic butter.

A banana

350 calories so far... I'll probably drink some orange juice so add on another 100-150.

I brought a lean pocket and a chunk of tofu for another snack... A company called Melissa's puts out "tofu cutlets" marinated in a Hawaiian flavor. If you can find a place that sells them, they're pretty tasty with a small amount of teriyaki sauce or in a stir fry.

I had to take an early morning phone call and spent over an hour putting out a work fire so I'm feeling groggy this morning. I haven't had coffee since Saturday (good to know I'm not as addicted as I thought).

Shells: I'd save my energy for recuperating as quickly as possible. If you push yourself too much, you may just make it last longer.

Blueridge: Good luck finding your balance this weekend! Sounds like fun times ahead.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #461  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Abi: 1300 calories is great!

Dianne: Congratulations on the 199!!!

Lauren: Your menu's are amazing but so not accessible to me! Are you a food professional? Serious question.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #462  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Abi - I think it may be a little low, I did better yesterday and ended up with around 1500. If I wasn't getting so hungry I wouldn't worry about it but I do get hungry so am adding more things to my diet. I don't want to feel stuffed but pleasantly full. And like I am eating healthy

Diana - WAY TO GO!!!

Shells - Not even close, I still have so much to do. I spent 7 hours straight studying and only got about a quarter of my stuff finished. I'll be studying all day today as well. I hope you feel better soon! I hate being sick

Cinm - Welcome! Portion control has always been my problem too. I finally caved and started measuring everything I ate. Once you are used to sizes you can figure well that is about one cup but until you, measuring is your friend. Lol, the kids even know to set out measuring devices at the table without me even asking.

Vixsin - Congrats!

Blue - a small treat isn't a bad thing as long as we don't overdo them. The one is an awesome thing and have fun wowing your family with you new low size!

I didn't exercise yesterday, I was so busy. I forgot. Sigh.

I don't have any plans for meals today! I forgot to go grocery shopping. I think we are just going to clean out leftovers. I'm not too worried because there aren't many bad leftovers in the house since I have been cooking nutritious meals.

So I think I'll do this

B: Special K bar

L:
Shrimp fried rice

D: Cabbage rolls

S: 100 calorie snack packs x2

Total for the day: 1007

Since I will be home studying I can allow myself some more flexibilty in eating when I am hungry. I have some asparagus waiting for me plus the snack packs. I might also add desert with the Special K fruit bars with 100 calories. I have about 500 to play with. As long as they are healthy!

Ok got to run, taking baby girl to the dentist to get a couple teeth removed

Roxanne, oh and I am POSITIVE the scale is down a pound now. Still hard to tell with my ancient scale. Lol, I have got to replace that soon!

I'll pop on later

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
1st mini goal: No binging for a month started 9/13
2nd mini goal: 10% loss
3rd mini goal: Walk the beagles every day for a month started 9/14

For every 5lbs lost:
Can't wait till I get to put one here!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #463  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Angry

Ughhhh... TOM, TOM, oh how I hate TOM
Day 4 of TOM gave severe cramps, backache and worst of all- .6 lb gain I know it's probably just water weight, but part of me wonders if it was the lean cuisine pizza that I replaced one of my entrees with yesterday... It had a few more calories and carbs than my entrees have, but even so, I still stayed under 900 calories. So tomorrow I'm still hoping that day 5 of TOM will bring me back that .6 lb loss that is rightfully mine. It's mine, I tell you- mine!

LOL, ok enough venting

I hope you guys are all having a wonderful Thursday! BBL for personals tonight
Old 09-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #464  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Cinm: I am a daily weigher but, like Blue said, if you choose to go that route you must be prepared for the inevitable fluctuations. Especially around TOM. Weighing daily helps me be accountable everyday. I know that if I gorge myself on this or that, it is going to show on the scale tomorrow morning. I always was afraid of the scale and weighing daily has helped to show me that the scale is a tool in my journey. Nothing more.

Blue: Your breaky on Wed sounds so YUMM!!!!!! I think I am going to have to try that. Sounds like your weekend is going to be so fun. Dont worry too much and make sure to have fun!!

Diana: Glad you got your 1 back!!!!!

Shells: I hope you feel better soon. I always take it easy when I am sick. Maybe a light walk just to get outside and feel like I'm doing something. But if I'm knock-down, drag-out sick, I stay at home and wait for my body to feel better again. I have exercised when I was sick like that and it didn't go too well. I ended up sick longer.

Dallas: You're doing great!!! Your menu sounds yum! Good job for planning! I would be LOST without it. Journaling is the greatest thing in the world!!!

Roxanne: Nice job with the leftover plan. It looks yummy!!! WTG

Raven: Don't worry about that pesky .6!!!! It's just TOM flexing his muscles. You'll kick it to the curb in NO time!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #465  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

OH!! And I forgot to post this in my weigh in thread, but I can post it here...

I had a total NSV (non-scale victory) today!!!! A while back, I bought some clothes online and said in my head that I "would be" able to get into them someday. Well today I put on the first purple shirt that I bought in that batch!!!

It fits. It's not super tight and I have to fidget with it. I am super proud and can't wait until I can put on the next article of clothing from that spree. There are about 4 more things left to put on. A couple with smaller sizes.

VERY exciting, girls!!!!
Closed Thread