Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #271  

Default I got my 1 back!

Hello friends,

I got my 1 back! Even better - I saw a whole new number today: 198.5!

This is my first loss since hitting onederland and stalling with a month out of town for grad school, then birthday, then vacation...but back on track and so thrilled to have a loss to report. That makes it a total of 37.5 pounds. Can't wait to get to 196 and hit that '40 pounds gone' mark - that's the next number I'm setting my sights on.

My Thursday:

breakfast - leftover pasta with tomato and meat sauce, coffee with splash of milk. (okay, occasionally I like pasta for breakfast...)

snack - I went out to a coffeeshop with a friend, and only got brewed coffee with skim milk (no cream, no sugar, not one of those crazy concoctions with chocolate and whip and all that) but also got a blueberry muffin. I didn't eat the whole thing, but still, more carbs and sugar than I need.

lunch - because of the muffin, wasn't hungry and just had a bowl of cucumbers in yogurt sauce.

snack - (pre-run) small apple, 1 slice bread with almond butter

dinner - big salad with spicy garden greens, carrots, peppers, cauliflower, and 1/2 can of tuna with 1 Tbsp of Hellmann's olive oil mayo. Went for a carb-free dinner to make up for more carbs earlier in the day.

Exercise - 40 minute run, about 3.75 miles. Didn't have time for my usual hour run because a work meeting ran late, but managed to squeeze it in instead of saying, "oh, I don't have an hour so I just won't work out." Also hung out with some friends in the evening and did some dancing.

Scale: 198.5.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #272  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

GettinFit - Hi

dallas - Aren't food journals great! They really open up your eyes to what you are actually consuming. And great job getting to the gym

Wysteria - You go girl! Your day looks fab

raven - You are doing great, glad to see you so excited

Kris - Hey Mama!

roxanne, abidabbi & nicole - Helloooooooo Keep up the good work!

Diana - HaHa! I want your job!

Jer - Well done! Great to see the scales moving in the right direction, awesome

Shells - Yay!

blue - you're awesome!

Last edited by L R K; 09-10-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #273  

Okay, time for personals.

Jer and shells - glad my words were an encouragement...we all can remember to come back to those words and ideas that inspire us when we feel discouraged.

And shells, congrats on the scale moving - see?!? You did it!

Jer - I hear you on the carbs, I'm in the same boat. I've found I do best when I no refined carbs (sugar, white flour, white pasta) and limit even 'good' carbs like oatmeal, whole wheat bread, cooked whole grains, etc. I always try to link carbs with protein - that's what is recommended in the "Insulin Resistance Diet:" no more than 30 grams of carb at a time (excluding carbs from fiber) and always paired with protein. Even if you don't have insulin resistance, you might be interested in the book as it has recipes and ideas for lower-carb eating.

Roxanne - way to go with posting on the chips...accountability only works if we're honest. I've been in a similar situation, of not wanting to include that glass of wine or cookie, so I am impressed at your courage. And I encourage you to try out an elliptical - it's a lower impact cardio machine, sort of like a treadmill but there's less pounding on the joints than if you were actually running. I've heard it's good especially for folks who find treadmill or bike or other machines to cause pain in hips, knees, ankles, etc. I use one from time to time when I'm working out in the gym and find it's a good way to get my heart rate up. I think Abidabbi's description of it is good!

Diana - I know what you mean about more and less busy times of the month - I've got that going on at my job, too. happy goofing off.

Raven - glad to know you are stoked about your food. I agree, that's low calories, so make sure you are taking a multivitamin to get nutrients in, and let us know how it goes.

Dallas - congrats on your workout. Glad to know you have access to a good gym - that is so helpful. Universities often have nice ones, bonus if they're not too crowded and you don't have to wait for cardio machines.

Wysteria - congrats on your eating.

Okay, TGIF...have a great Friday, friends! Let's keep up the great work through the weekend. I plan to remain in onederland and to be able to continue to post that lovely '1' in my daily reports!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #274  
CanadianVeggie

Oh boy am I glad it is Friday.

Yesterday evening was less than pleasant for me. I was feeling awful when I got home from work, I ate some soup and bread for dinner because I was actually hungry but that was such a bad idea - it went straight through me. I felt like puking all night too. Yuck. Then of course my back decides to play up again at the same time so I was in pain from that too AND to top it all off I was having (and am still) having the worst TOM cramps.

Today is just not a pretty day - I am tired and crampy and bloated. Arrgh.

Not going to weigh again until probably Tuesday - TOM is being a serious ***** and I know what he is going to do to the scale.

Here is my plan for the day 9/10/2010

B - 1 small whole wheat bun w/ natural peanut butter + 1 banana + 1 choc. soy pudding

S - Edamame

L - Veggie Sandwich on multi-grain bread w/ side salad

S - 1 Apple

D - Going out for Thai - probably share a veggie pad thai and another veggie dish with SO

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water + 1 diet pepsi

No Exercise

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend
Old 09-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Struggling today...worried about gaining.
B - toast x 2 (200)
L - salad sandwhich (200) mushy peas (100)

Total - 500 cal.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Abi - Thanks for the info!

Jer - Congrats on the downward movement! You bring up a good point, I wonder what is a "target" number for carbs each day

Diana - Good morning and TGIF to you as well

Shells - YEAH!!! congrats!!!

I ended up doing better than I thought. I wasn't as hungry as I thought so I cut out 1/2 cup of rice, 1/2 the corn on the cob and the extra snack of a peach. I got my total calories down to 1267. Do you realize, this is 1/2 the calories I have been eating on a normal basis? And I was full! I couldn't believe it!

We went shopping for weekend meals (I shop twice a week) last night and my SO was laughing at me because I was shopping based on calories and was checking everything. One of our meals this weekend is going to be cajun chicken pasta and the sauce I usually get had like 150 calories per 1/4 c. So I started looking at all the other options till I found one that was 50 calories per 1/4 c. He said he has never shopped that way by looking at calories (lol of course not he is a guy and a skinny one at that! ) I made the precaution of loading up on the broccoli for that meal! Now my question for everyone....don't laugh Ummm, how do you cook fresh brocoli? Can I steam it in the microwave, and if so how?

I also decided that if we are eating more salads I am going with my blue cheese. I am not fond of salads but blue cheese dressing makes them ok. So I switched to a low calorie one. I hope it tastes ok. So just curious, what type of dressing does everyone like? I have tried ranch, french and italian. I LOVE blue cheese. Not fond of ranch, despise italian, french was ok. Give me a good recommendation or two, I wouldn't mind branching out but am really picky about dressing I guess.

Anyway, my son has a doctor's appointment this morning, I've got a paper to research about Florence Nightingale and then school this afternoon. I'll see everyone later!

Have a great Friday morning/afternoon

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
1st mini goal: No binging for a month
2nd mini goal: 10% loss
3rd mini goal: Exercise every day for a month

For every 5lbs lost:
Old 09-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #277  
CanadianVeggie

abidabbi - Hang in there honey

roxanne - I can't help you with the broccoli thing because I just can't eat cooked broccoli, something about the way it smells ewww. But I love eating it raw with some hummus yum yum!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #278  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default YAY for Friday!!!!

Happy Friday Everyone!

Today is starting off well for me. I am 236.0 which is down .8 from yesterday. Feeling good and coming back off that wierd gain I had. I was 100% on plan yesterday and I will be again today.

Today's eats are more of the same while I am here at work. I think I may go for a kashi pizza for supper tonite. I looked up the nutrition info and for 1/3 of the pizza it's 290 cals. They are pretty light on the cheese so if I added a little bit more and then piled on the veggies, I bet that would be pretty good. Also if I can find a good organic cheese pizza for my boy, I bet he would have fun adding some extra cheese to that one.

Roxanne: you can steam broccoli in the microwave by only putting it in for short amounts of time until you think it's done. You can also cook it on the stove the way I cook my vegetables. I use a frying pan (big circle one) and I dump in my veggies and put in about an inch of water in the bottom. just enough water to cover the veggies about halfway. then I boil that water. add more water if you need them to cook longer. I usually add some organic minced garlic and it really gives them some good flavor. Good luck

Abidabbi: Hang in there, hon. You'll come through this.

Lauren: I can relate to TOM! Do you want...we should rough him up a bit? Hang in there.

Blueridge: Great job on the new number!!!

Shells: Glad the scale moved in the right direction for you!

Jer: Great job on the lower carb working out for you! Glad that scale has listened!

to any that I may have missed! Let's all have a great day today and keep up our good work through this weekend.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #279  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

September 9,

coffee 100

chickfila grilled sandwich 300
apple 75
PB 200

chicken provancal soup 200
bread 240

ice cream 200
banana 100
cupcake 200
reddiwhip 80

Total = 1,765 ~ little higher than I wanted.

Exercise
Ped = 5,880

Weight,

The phone woke me up this morning and I'm groggy!

Roxanne, Not much help here either. I buy frozen broccoli florets. Those I either steam in a steamer or microwave in a dish. I try not to eat salad, but like spicy ranch, honey mustand or just balasalmic vinegar. My poor Hubby has gotten pretty used to the label reading by now, if I want to compare something we'll each grab a box and compare numbers aloud.

Abidabbi, don't worry about gaining, concentrate on healthy eating

Lauren, sorry to hear you feel so badly

Blue + Shells, congrats on that loss
Old 09-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #280  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Roxannestags The program that I am on is called HMR (Health Mangement Resources). It's a program that one of my local hospitals use in the weight loss center. I went to an orientation on the program there and I was hooked! The program has 2 levels: Medically supervised and home delivery. With the medically supervised program, they do bloodwork and tests on you beforehand to make sure you are in good condition for this program. They also require you to go to weekly meetings. The program is the most expensive. The home delivery program is where you order your food and it is shipped to you. No doctor involvement or weekly meetings required, thus making this program cheaper. Since I had these tests about a month ago though a check up, I know I am healthy enough for this diet. So I am doing the at home program since it is so much cheaper. That being said, it still isn't cheap. 3 weeks worth of shakes and entrees are $270. BUT, I don't have to buy any other groceries for myself. The medically supervised program costs about $350 for the doctors/ tests before you start, then the food, then a $80monthly fee for your weekly meetings. The shakes contain all the vitamins and nutrients that you need, but I still take a multi-vitamin just to be safe. Hope that helps!

Shells, Jer, blueridge Congrats on the weight loss!!!

abidabbi Don't worry; you are doing a great job! A little fluctuation on the scale is aggravating, but normal
Old 09-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #281  
CanadianVeggie

Vixsin - YES! We shoild def. rough him up! Great job on the loss, you are doing great!

Penguin - Helloooooooooo
Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

I just got to say how much I LOVE this board. It's great to have a support system.

Thanks to all for the answers for the elliptical. I'll give one a try if we do the gym membership.

Raven: Thanks for the answer on the program. It may be expensive but really not too bad when you factor in that's all your food for 3 weeks. Not too bad really.

I had the worst time this morning. For the life of me I could not force myself to eat more than a quarter of a banana for breakfast. I'm not much of a breakfast person anyway, but this morning was worse than usual. So now at 10 I am starving. I finished the other half of my banana but I don't want to eat anymore because I don't want to throw off my lunch. I'll probably have another snack though because I don't like being hungry because it makes me really susceptible to snacking on not so good for me things.

Anyway, just procrastinating for a few moments. Back to my research on Florence Nightingale.

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
1st mini goal: No binging for a month
2nd mini goal: 10% loss
3rd mini goal: Exercise every day for a month

For every 5lbs lost:
Old 09-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #283  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Congrats blueridgegirl, shells, and Jer!

Lauren, hope you had a better day today

Abidabbi, it's dancing for fitness, it's really great fun, I'll definitely give it another go.

Todays -

B: Bowl of fruit and fibre, low fat yoghurt
L: Brown rice and vegetables
D: Homemade vegetable curry (spinach, green beans, pepper, peas, onion) with brown rice

Exercise - 75 mins spinning bike, 30 mins treadmill, 15 mins cross trainer

Have a great weekend everyone!

xx
Old 09-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #284  
CanadianVeggie

roxanne - I know how you feel on the breakfasts - sometimes I really just don't want to eat breakfast but I force myself to eat it so I can avoid any unwanted snacking.

Cardboard - Wow! You got in a lot of exercise! Good job!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #285  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Lauren: I'm with ya! :cracks knuckles: He won't know what hit him!

Raven: Your program sounds great! Good job with having the shakes to go with and the multivitamin. It sounds like you'll be taking good care of yourself while you do this. Great job! You should be excited! I am excited for you!

Hi Penguin!! Hope your day was good today!

Roxanne: I agree 100%!!! I use this site and the 3 boards that I am a "regular" on for my support. I have a couple people in the real world that I can talk about eating healthy and stuff with but not like this place. I look to this site as my main source of support. No one understands my food issues better than the people in this place!!!

Cat: Way to go on that exercise! WOW! That's really great! You're homemade veggie curry sounds supper YUM! How do you make it? Is it spicy?

I think that's going to be about it for me today. I leave work in about 30 mins.

Everyone have a great weekend and I am hoping to be down the 2 lbs I am excited about!!!!! Wishing all of you kind scales and on plan days!!!
Closed Thread