Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #211  
Jer
Began 8/11/17

S/C/G: 187.8/ticker/148

Height: 5'7"

Just felt I wanted to get a little inspiration, so I got on again, even though I'd planned to wait until tomorrow.

love2b: I'm experimenting. I'm going to go back to low carb for a day or two. If it seems to get the weight moving a little, I may alternate low carb (with calorie counting) days with just days of limited calories and not being so strict on carbs. I've had good success losing weight and keeping it off in the past with low carb eating but it can be pretty monotonous. This time, I want to get down and keep it off, and it needs to be liveable and healthier than mostly protein, so I'll have to experiment some to see how to do this. I DO like peanut butter, though! Also, there are hot dogs now without nitrates or nitrites. I wouldn't eat hot dogs very much before, but now I have these new ones more frequently.

Shells, maybe reading through different threads you might find some others who had the same degree of difficulty losing weight and find out what has helped them. I lose pretty slowly and gain quickly these days, and think I'm insulin resistant (a lot of indicators). I DO find that breads, pastas, and sweets slow weight loss for me, and cause me to quickly gain. Even more than a little bit of fruit, even as part of a low-calorie diet, can cause me to not lose weight. It was such a nice thing to realize this as a fact so that I didn't feel so clueless about how to possibly lose weight and powerless when the scale would climb. Perhaps, if you haven't done so already, you can find out if there are certain foods that are tripping you up--not that you eat a lot of them, but that even the amount that you DO eat is what is causing weight to be stubborn. I surely hope that you can begin getting some good clues so that your body will start really responding to your great efforts! Don't give up!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #212  
Jer
Began 8/11/17

Wysteria! Failing at Food doesn't cause most of us to feel any sympathy for you when we see that you weigh 136 and are getting into skinny jeans!! I think UK 8 is a US 6 (small in any country!). Congrats! Look for me, I'm coming, too!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #213  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Jer - thing is, I'm not eating anywhere near enough and the whole point of me posting in this thread is so I can actually log what I eat so I eat enough and don't die from starvation. Not eating is the unhealthy way to lose weight so... yeah. Urgh. And I'm only 5'5 (and a half!) so if I lose too much I'll just look ill. I'm not looking for sympathy!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #214  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Kris popcorn does smell really good when it's cooking, ummm

Shells it's not crazy at all. Glad you got it out and I hope that when TOM is gone you'll have a great whoosh There are times when we ALL put out the work and don't lose but thank goodness for the people here to build us back up and let us know this too shall pass, we just have to be patient

Wysteria, I'm excited with you on the jeans. OK this may be a dumb question, what is a jacket potato? Is it a potato with the skin still on it? Oh and does peppermint tea relieve gas? If so my goodness I need to get some. Everything I eat gasses me up and Beano is a joke

Jer I want to try it and see what happens. Do you have another days menu planned. I could copy (lazy I know) Also what brand are the hot dogs? thanks

Last edited by love2b150; 09-08-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #215  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Oh I came back to tell you that today is my DAY 100 of sticking this out. I am up .8 at 169.6 but that's OK. And I thank ALL of YOU for your constant support and inspiration
Old 09-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #216  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Love ~ congrats on your day 100 . . . way to go!

Popcorn does smell great and the girl ended up cooking a second bag. Pure torture! And she left the bowl sitting on her counter so I've had to walk past it probably 10 times. But I resisted!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #217  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: H:226/215/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Woo hoo! My HMR Quick Start kit finally arrived today and I am PUMPED! I start my new diet, eating habits, and lifestyle tomorrow.

Gettinfit, Blueridge, Diana, Vixsin, Jer, love2b, shells and anyone that I left out Thanks for all of the support and pats on my back; I really needed them this week.

Bluerige Still got my fingers crossed for the big "1"!!

To the New Ones Welcome!!!!

I wish I could say that the day started off this well! Last night, our A/C broke! The guy came out this morning and told us he couldn't get the part here until next week!!! Luckily, a friend of my husband had a spare part and they were able to get it fixed up. Thank goodness! Although, I did probably lose some water weight by sweating, lol.

Breakfast: Slimfast
Lunch: Chicken Enchilada Suiza Weight Watchers
Snack: Dill Pickle- I've got to learn stay away from sodium!!!
Supper: TBD
Snack: TBD
Old 09-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #218  
Doing this MY way!!!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'2.5

Its been a while since I have been here!!! I see a lot of new faces!

I have been going through a breakup so I have been a little down for the past week or so. I went off plan only a little bit but I am definitely back on track. I have lost about 3 more pounds since my last post and I'm definitely back and ready to lose more!!!!

I'm giving myself an 'exercise every day' challenge for this month. I have only missed one day so far because I went on a little trip out of town and somehow ruined my scheduling but I will definitely make that day up. Anyway, its good to see everyone doing well!!!!!

B- mock muffin, 2 eggs
L- cabbage & chicken breast
S- 1 oz cheese
D- pizza made with zucchini crust, 1 c broccoli
Dessert - 20 calorie sugar free creamcicle (sp?)

Water: 34 oz (left my water bottle at home)
Exercise: 50 minutes yoga
Old 09-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #219  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

I just had to jump on here to thank you Blue and MamaP. My hubby hasn't eaten all day and wanted to bring me home a hot fudge sundae and fries tonight. I said "Ooooh, ok!", then thought about it and said "Uh, no...no fries.". Then I thought of you guys and how you stayed strong in the midst of temptation and I said "Actually, no thanks to either of them.". He kept asking me "Are you sure? Would you eat it if I brought it anyway? You've been so good lately, you can splurge once". Little stinker.

So, I'm having a nonfat yogurt while he's being bad. Thank you girls for keeping me strong!! (it was so hard)
Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #220  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

9-8-10 check in

80+ ounces water
Exercise: Single Arm Shoulder raises (a "My Trainer Bob" challenge) ~ 30 to the side (15 each arm) and 30 to the front. Then I did some other arm exercises with my weights but don't know what they are called.

Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Lunch:
Baked Chicken Leg Quarter
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots & Cheese
Dole Fruit Gel
Cheddar Cheese

Dinner:
Chocolate Peanut Butter protein shake (so good)

Total calories approximately 1430.

Last edited by MamaP; 09-09-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #221  
Jer
Began 8/11/17

Wysteria, I am sorry that what I meant as a compliment came across as something else. I was truly admiring your weight loss, and thought that you were concerned because you hadn't done well and it could throw off your weight loss. I was trying to tease with you in a tongue-in-cheek manner, but it must have come across to you differently. I didn't intend that, and I'm sorry for any discomfort it caused. I will try to be careful about trying to joke.

Love2B: I'd be happy to share some of the types of things I might eat in a low-carb day, but it does get heavy on the proteins.
Here are a couple samples that might give you the general idea:

B: 2 scrambled eggs w/cheese, 1/2 c. skim milk or
2 tablespoons peanut butter on 1 piece rye toast
L: Salad with low sugar dressing (ranch, caesar, oil&vinegar), grilled chicken or a hamburger patty or fish (not breaded) or
chili with sour cream
D: Hamburger w/cheese (no bun), green beans or asparagus, small salad w/ low-sugar dressing or
Large Grilled chicken caesar salad (don't eat croutons)
Dessert: 1 sugar-free Blue Bunny Krunch bar or a sugar free pudding or some sugar free jello

I'll tell you how my experiment of lower carbs goes!

quietstorm and MamaP: Good for you guys!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #222  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! Wow, there's a lot going on here today. I am posting my foods tonight and I will chat tomorrow since it's getting late.

DH is doing a lot better today! We thank you for the well wishes.

Total Approx 1625 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (260 calories)
1 cup of cottage cheese 180 calories
tropical fruit cup 90 calories

Dinner: 1000 calories ? High Sodium
Teriyaki Beef bowl w/white rice 1000 calories

Exercise:
~TF Fire 30
Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Default Day 1

Ok so this is my first day really trying to stick this out and make it work and I almost torpedoed it today as well.

I had a good breakfast and lunch. Left for school with the crockpot full and just needing to be turned on at 1 by my oldest son who goes to school online.

Was proud of myself. Get home at 5 and woah and behold, my oldest turned ON the crockpot....but didn't plug it in! I have 4 hungry kids that want to eat now. We ended up getting pizza. sigh. I grab a salad thinking that I'll get by with that. Well, I forgot that I don't really *like* salad. So after choking down part of it I say forget it, I'm gonna have a slice of pizza. In the back of my mind is the bag of chips in the pantry that I want to binge on as well. I'm thinking well, since I already blew it today, I'll really blow it.

I didn't want to change my food journal...but reluctantly did. I took off dinner and added the 1 slice of pizza I had. And was AMAZED that I stayed in limits!! and according to the exercise counter I used 1000 more calories in just my simple routine than I ate. (And I still have my 15 minutes of exercise that I insist I do tonight after the kids go to bed). So despite the unhealthy dinner, I did it! AND I didn't binge on the chips. I'm so proud over that!

Here is my meals today

Breakfast: 1 banana and 1 cup of cereal with 1/4 c fat free milk

Lunch: I skinless chicken breast, 2 cups watermelon and 1 small homemade pina colada muffin

Snack: I medium peach

Dinner: Half a cobb salad and i slice of pepperoni pizza

Liquids: not enough. 10 oz water and 10 oz diet pepsi. I really need to up my water intake but just hate drinking water.

Exercise: I will be doing 15 minutes of Wii fit hula hoop.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a place to post. I just wanted to post to *someone* about my struggle and today's success. I know pizza shouldn't be considered a success but I still view it as one.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #224  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'6

love2b150~congrats on the 100th day!!

This week isn't going as well as last but here we go

1 1/2 serving low sugar oatmeal
celery with 1 tbs peanut butter
1 serving tortilla chips 4 tbs salsa
panera bread~ smoked turkey on sourdough with mayo on the side, 1/2 cup strawberry lemonade smoothie
yogurt
pack of whole wheat cheese crackers
2 servings tortilla chips 2 tbs salsa

wayyyyyy to much sodium today, plus i went over my points by i think it was like 8, i really need to focus here cause we go to Chicago this weekend to a football game and i know the sodium i ingest will be higher then normal (im going to do my best to stay on plan) i just want a loss on Monday so i need to make sure im buckling down the rest of the week
Old 09-08-2010, 11:59 PM   #225  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

September 8,

coffee 100
banana 100

turkey sand 120
2 cookies 130
cheese slice 70

chicken cutlet 300 http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html
2 cups mac and cheese 800 http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html