Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:46 AM   #211  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all.
Finally had a good night sleep, so i'm feeling much happier today. The scale is inching back down a bit as well.
EZ, I rarely have dessert either, if I do it is something like berries and yoghurt or a pear icelollie. The sweet stuff is easy to forego for me. The savory stuff is tough. Yesterday someone at work celebrated her birthday and brought sausage rolls from a really good pattisserie shop and there I went... It sure was delicious though and the first one I have had since January in spite of them being on offer on a regular basis.

Tiger, enjoy your trip. Alone-time can just be sooo good sometimes.

Blond, slow down girl! You made me tired just reading that.

Jen, Yaey on the scale and the exercise.

My first walk onTuesday was a disaster. I came home, put on my running shoes and started walking. After about 5 minutes my right hip joint started aching. WTF? That has never given me grief before!
so I kept going but it kept hurting.
I thought about it afterward and decided that maybe my running shoes are no longer good for me now that my body has more or less been repositioned.
So next day I put on my indoor trainers, pulled out my WII Fit and did 30 minutes of free step at a really good pace, enough to break a nice sweat.
NO PAIN!!!
I think I will get some good walking shoes for just the walking outside. I won't be doing any running for a very long time anyway, and we will have to review the shoe situation then.

Last edited by dutchgirl; 08-14-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:18 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

dutch, I am so glad you are going to get into the swing of walking again. I hope your body starts cooperating more.

I am tired today. goodnight all.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Well my day has been a bit rough. I dealt with a lot of hospital/medical drama while trying to get my mom home from the hospital today. I had scheduled myself plenty of time to get back home and get ready for the party that I was going to go to tonight. But all the drama ate up the extra 3 hours I had allotted that I was going to sit down and just chill out. So I got ready in a rush and drove back to where I was before to pick up my husband at work and bring him clothes to change into. We get to the restaurant and we call the birthday girl to ask about if she had reservations made or a room reserved at the restaurant it's at. We get told the party isn't until NEXT Friday. I must have misread the invitation. So I am a bit aggravated and keyed up from running around so much today. I put over 100 miles on my car yesterday and today again just from driving around in the Dallas Metroplex. Plus all that on the go I've been eating a lot of fast food crap these past two days since it's too hot here to pack food up and leave it in the car and the areas that I have been in these past two days I was told to not leave anything and they stressed absolutely ANYTHING in my car too. I'm glad tomorrow will be back to normal for me eating wise. My stomach has not felt the same. This weekend I WILL be getting the treadmill out of the garage. Anyways night all!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #214  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

BRAT...hope it cools down for you. At least you will be ready next Fri. for the party!

DUTCH shoes really make a difference...at our age!!

JEN get some sleep.

Well Angie and I went to our regular Mexican joint for dinner...leftovers for me and only 1 beer there...(there....winkl)...should be OK for the scale in the morning.

Be good!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #215  

well, woke up crampy and sore from the abdominal shred I did. great. scale was up 177.2. I know I ate more carbs and more food...but 2 pounds?? come on. Plus my love handles are sore again.

Brat, I hope you get some MEEE time before that party.

EZ you did so well!!! pat yourself on the back.

Last edited by jendiet; 08-15-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #216  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hit the same 'o 183 again this morning...

Just had leftovers from last night for brunch and Angie is making halibut tonight...

but she leaves in the morning for 3 days....I am on my own...

no one to control my portions....

could be trouble
Old 08-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #217  

EZ let us keep you accountable. You will be ok. stupid 183. I hate 176 myself.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #218  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Back from my very enjoyable trip. The weather was great, the beach was awesome. Lake Michigan is COLD!!! I was out in public in a swimsuit. No idea how many bazillion years it's been since that happened. I wasn't even uncomfortable. I really had fun. Maybe I should do that more often????

COme home to a broken air conditioner. OMG!!! It is HOT in this house. It is really muggy too, since storms and rain are on the way. Hopefully my ex can fix it tomorrow. If not, I'm running away to a hotel again. LOL!!! I am hoping that when I get on the scale in the morning it will give me good news. I worked out on the treadmill one night and swam a few laps in the pool.

Gary- Good job maintaining buddy!!! Hey, it's better than gaining, right??

Brit- Sounds like you have been very busy. Slow down and relax a little sometime.

Jen- Hope your plan is working for you. I usually gain a bit after anything strength, but lose after and all cardio workout.

See ya tomorrow. I am just going to go sweat my butt off now. HA!! Wouldn't that be nice???
Old 08-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #219  

well today I got to see the lovely 1-7-4 on the scale. It was 174.8--but oh so beautiful when it graced me with its presence. today was my higher calorie/higher carb day. I took in about 1700 cs compared to 600 yesterday. I was just not feeling food yesterday.

tiger! I hope your a/c gets fixed. I would just die. the sweating will make your metabolism kick in more to try to keep you cool.

Last edited by jendiet; 08-16-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Mtiger and Jendiet- I am trying hard to slow down and take some time for myself. I've already turned down several requests to go out for happy hour this past weekend and for after work this coming week. I just don't have the money as well but I want to go home as soon as possible after work and sack out and take care of myself.

Mtiger-That's awful! Glad you had a nice time but isn't that the pits coming home to a broken AC? That happened to my parents and me one time after we came back from Florida I believe. It was awful! Hope your ex can fix it for you!

EZMONEY-come on! Stay strong

This past Saturday and today I've pretty much done nothing and have not left the house and have just laid around watching tv resting. It's been nice actually and been doing some cooking. Tonight we are going to put the treadmill in my bedroom and I will get back on track. I'm sure I've gained weight since this past TOM was a difficult one in comparison to others due to the other infections I had and so I indulged too much. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning to assess the damage and report back. I start back to work tomorrow as well.

Have a good night!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #221  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Well I got a call from my son yesterday afternoon asking what I was doing. I told him Angie was going to a beach yoga party that I opted out of. He says why don't we go out to dinner, since my daughter in law was cheering down at the Charger game...he gave his tickets to my ex-wife and my daughter. It was a pre-season game and his mom hadn't seen our dil cheer yet.

Well we went and it was a calorie train wreck!

We went to our local sports bar to watch the games....it was buy one pizza get one free night and discounted beer....guess what I had "plenty" of We did bring one of the pizzas home and I sent 1/2 of that home with him....the rest I took down for breakfast/lunch today.

Angie made it to Vegas safe and sound so I am on my own for dinners....I can behave....without eyes on me...if I want to

Seriously, she never says a word to me...just shows by example.

I did make a vegetarian chili this afternoon for my lunches....seems to be pretty good from the samples I had of it. It better be I made a huge pot! A lot of hominy, zucchini, pinto beans, chilies and onions in it.

Glad the trip was fun for you MINDY ...hope it cools for you too and the air conditioner is a cheap fix!

JEN for the 174! I would be estatic to get back to that number.

BRAT I am proud of you for passing on the HappyHours. Glad you were able to have a relaxing week-end!

HELLO to the rest ot the TEAM!! Hope all is well DUTCH ~ MRSAUGIE ~ SUPER J ~
Old 08-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #222  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I must be getting old and need glasses. I read this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
JEN for the 174! I would be estatic to get back to that number.

as

"JEN for the 174! I would be elastic to get back to that number."

I thought EZ wanted to be a rubberband or the waistband of a pair of my old pants :|
Old 08-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #223  

lol. Well, Maybe Gary does want to be elastic too...heh. Too cute. well the 174 is a little dampened by that .8...but I'll get rid of it...mwuhahhahha.

good for you sending 1/2 of that evil pizza away. Don't worry about the beer binge. It's great your son took you out! Your making up for it with the veggie dinner. yay for Angie being safe and a good example.

Brat yay for down time!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #224  

Height: 5'6"

Jen, way to go on the 174!

EZ you CAN get there too! The chili sounds nice.

Blond, good for you for taking it easy this weekend. You needed that.

Mindy, your trip sounds so good, glad you had some fun. Not so nice that your AC quit.

I had a lovely weekend, the BF was here and even mundane stuff like getting groceries and going to the hardware store can be such fun together. I was not good on the food-front, but at least I didn't gain.
Have a great day everybody!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #225  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hey!! Here is good news. The AC was easy to fix and my ex did it in about 10 min. for free. YAY!!! The scale is being very stubborn. I was 181.8 today, so back to my lowest but I was hoping for 180 or 179. I just don't understand why this is so difficult this past month.

Jen- YAY for you. I hope to join you there soon.

Brit- Good job slowing down and relaxing. Work will start soon enough and things will be crazy.

Gary- Glad you had fun with your son. Sometimes we just need to kick back and relax a bit. Just get back on track now!! Alrighty???

Dutch- How nice to be able to spend time with the BF. Enjoy it while you can.
Closed Thread