Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 09:57 AM   #151  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
He still likes to lick his plate clean--and I do mean LICK. We snuggled up on the couch and watched a couple of Lifetime specials (he disagreed) and then we found a winner "Ace Ventura jr Pet Detective" funny and cute!!! My two cats snuggled up with us. So it was the 4 of us piled on the couch with the rain banging on the roof and windows...ahhhh..
Aaawww! That just makes the sweetest picture in my head!
And yes, I blame the ramen noodles too. I am drinking a barrel of water today to flush it out asap.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

hahha...in between the cuteness my cat Naomi bit my wrist 3 times...I was moving too much for her liking..i kept throwing her down saying "NO BITE MOMMY" She just jumped back in my lap.

Plus my darling 10 year old cried and whined about not getting to watch wrestling...I had to convince him HE REALLY wanted to watch movies and cuddle with mom. and he did. He laid in my lap too. Then my cat Naomi jumped up and threw her chubby self underneath his head. They fought over my lap. while my other cat Abby sat in his lap and stared at Naomi like she wanted to "off" her--(they're twins)huge sibling rivalry between those two. so all in all it WAS cute and probably funny to watch.

Last edited by jendiet; 08-01-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #153  

And not entirely unfamiliar, I only have my 2 cats and they generally fight over who gets to sit on me and who has to sit next to me.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #154  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I was at 183.8 this morning MINDY

DUTCH...I can't relate because I had a great relationship with my mom. I miss her. My daughter walks an elderly lady with alzheimer's twice a week after work. She is the grandma of a friend of hers, her friend spends a lot of time with her grandma but needs a break! My kiddo "babysits" for a couple hours a week for her friend. The lady she watches is very healthy, other than the alzheimer's. She usually calls me after seeing her to tell me "Harriet stories"....This poor lady is helping to create conversations with myself and my daughter...which we have always had...and she doesn't know it!

JEN I would whine too if I couldn't see wrestling! I am lucky....only one of my golden receivers craves attention...the other is ok all by herself. The kids around here, years ago, used to sprinkle the powder of the noodles over "dry" noodles and eat them...yuch!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #155  

omg, that was us. we would break up the noodles and pour the packets over them. That was our riding down the road snack.dutch. cats are such funny creatures. I love all animals though.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #156  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Gotta say I don't get the Ramen thing. I don't like them any way shape or form. You guys can have em all.

Gary- 181.8 today. Gotcha! Of course TOM is about 1 week away so there is no telling what craziness will happen this week.

Dutch- Sometimes you just have to have some "forbidden" food. Ice cream once in a while is good for the soul.

Jen- I would love to see you barreling down the road.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #157  

lol...tiger, I landed at the bottom of one of those hills on the grass...with my feet in the air....heh.

Congrats on that scale moving...come on Gary!

I got some HIIT and some strength training and 1620 calories. Woohoo!
Old 08-02-2009, 02:30 AM   #158  

Mindy, you're doing great on the weight!
And Jen, way to go on the exercise and the calorie count.

The flavor packet on dry noodles? I do hope they were at least cooked?
Otherwise: YUCK!

holding steady at 206. That's ok, as long as it doesn't go up.

Have a beautiful Sunday, all!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #159  

nope not cooked. those were the equivalent of flavored chips in my family. lol.

Well, i hate the scale right now. I am going to continue going at it though, and I am going to hope for better numbers soon!
Old 08-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #160  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

MINDY ~183.8 again this morning...

DUTCH ~No...not cooked. I remember picking my son up from his first year of high school, a group of girls walked by my truck and they were eating top ramen out of the pouch....I asked my son "When did top ramen start making snack packs?"...he busted up..."Dad that's just dry top ramen with the packet sprinkled over it...all the kids eat it like that at school." Getting close to the 100's girl!

JEN ~Don't worry too much on those numbers dear. As long as you keep doing better things...over a peiod of time...the numbers will reflect that. Don't panick if the scale doesn't move....you know if you are "improving" ...energy...attitude...confidence...comes along with the journey.

We had turkey burgers last night....but I had chips and some leftover potato salad from last week's party. I have already made cheese enchiladas for tonight and Angie is making some of her beef ones now...not gonna be a low cal Sunday evening dinner for me...Mindy you are in luck!

Have a great week TEAM!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #161  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Gary- I was back to 183.4 today. 3 slices of pizza last night are probably to blame. Tonight though, a burger, cottage cheese and some beans. I worked my tail off outside today and have a long walk/jog planned. Hopefully it looks better tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #162  

well, I definitely ate different stuff today to shake it up. Got 1380 cs. Feeling kind of bloated. TOM is due the 4th. I may be on vacation when it hits too...that would suck.

I like turkey burgers yum. WELL, I'm wearing jean capris that I haven't been able to in years! They are a little tight, but my "fat pants" that I lounge around the house in are too big! That feels so frigging good.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Well TEAM I am BACK! I am very tired but it was a very good and much needed trip. I have no idea what I am up to since we ate out a lot my aunt's treat but I don't really care. It was worth every bit of it. I did learn a lot from my aunt though this past week since they are "dieting" at their house which I hate that word but anyways she had me try lots of grilled vegetables and I liked just about every one of them which was really great for me to know.

Dutch-I am so sorry about your mom. I'm close to my mom so I can't imagine. But I'm glad you bought her ice cream and had some with her. HUGS.

Anyways I am off to go rest. Night!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #164  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Good job getting that walk/jog in MINDY...when does school start?

JEN...congrats on the "tight" jeans!

Turkey burgers are not my favorite...We tried them again last night after not having them for several years...same old story...I belch 'em back up...dang!

BRAT'S BACK!! Grilled veggies! Totally awesome...hope you had fun!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-02-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #165  

Hi all
just a quick early stop, having breakfast and then off to work.
Gary, Enchiladas? Yummie!
Jen, the scale will move again. Very soon. You are doing great! and the capri's, that is a non-scale victory!
Mindy, where do you get all that energy from? Hard labor outside and exercise on top of that?
Hey Blond, glad to hear you had a good time. Grilled veggies are delicious!

The scale is inching down, but not a whole pound yet. so, 206 and holding. I roasted a chicken yesterday, so I will be eating that for several more days. yum. Back to the chiropractor tonight. It really is paying off now, painfree periods are increasing. Well, have to get ready for work. Seeya!
Closed Thread