Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

omg, yay!! 173!!! I might actually make my goal of 170 by the end of this month. Of course if I end it at 173. I will not beat myself up!

I think my body liked the ice cream and cake treat.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #257  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Jen- One thing I have learned to do is "sample" things. I will have a few bites of something and throw the rest out. I am happy and satisfied, but don't eat too much junk. Right now I want a Tagalong Blizzard from Dairy Queen. I want someone to go along and share it with me.

Gary- Okay!! What the heck kind of chips do you eat??? I eat chips too, but I have baked Lays on occassion. They are not too bad.

Tomorrow I go to school and start moving my crap. It should be fun. My friend is going in to help me, so that will be nice. I was still 182 even today. Nothing much happening. Let's see what happens with my daily routine changing.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #258  

Height: 5'6"

208 and holding.
And still having very poor nights sleep. That is starting to get to me quite badly now. I need my 8 hours. The fatigue makes me vulnerable, too. I am craving all sorts of fatty, carb-loaded stuff and have a hard time resisting when people put that sort of stuff in front of me. And I have several "feeders" in my everyday life. Most of the time I can say no, but when I am this tired...
I am taking a sleeping pill tonight, I think. I don't like doing that, but maybe it breaks the cycle of poor sleep.

Jen, keep going girl, you are doing great!

Mindy, once you get back into your routine and running after those kids, the loss will speed up. 181 is going in the right direction, though.

Blond, exercise is exercise, whether on a treadmill or doing hard work. Enjoy your class.

EZ - so many good things to eat, so little time- it is very difficult at times, isn't it?

Off to get ready for work.

Have a wonderful day, all!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #259  
mtiger

Wink

Survived my first day back at work. Got most of my stuff moved in and taken care of. I came home TIRED!! I took a short nap. Of course, now I have a ton of stuff to do at home. No rest for the wicked. I was up to 183.8 today, BLECH!!! Must be mid-cycle gain. YUCK!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #260  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi TEAM ~

Woke up at 182 this morning! I first weighed 181.4 and thought....nah....next 2 times 182...I would think the scale was wrong except I could get my wedding ring off...

Not that I tell Angie!! But I can sure tell when I have had too much sodium!!...dang chips! Guess I was better than I thought this week-end...

we shall see in the morning.

Angie and I had chicken cooked in the crock-pot, carrots and rice....and...I worked an hour overtime...

please be nice scale!

Get some sleep DUTCH

You too MINDY

Stay down low 170's JEN

Hello to all
Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Hello fried bologna friends! I have sadly gone astray. Not too badly, but I'm still avoiding the scale like the plague until I get back into an exercise routine! Where's my motivation?? It left me hanging here after driving cross country...

For now I'm making some veggies and flax pasta with marinara sauce and checking in here, feeding off everyone else's motivation! =)
Old 08-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #262  

Hey Iris. Good to see you here again!
I think your motivation met up with mine and the two of them took off on a wild adventure and are enjoying themselves somewhere.
I whistled and called for mine, but it doesn't want to come back yet...
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #263  

lol..mine too dutch!

Today was a whirlwind of activity. It started when I woke up late out of sheer exhaustion (the a/c broke yesterday, and I was still trying to run it overnight without damaging the compressor--so I slept like H&LL because I was afraid the a/c was going to break for real (woke up every hr to check it and I dreamt a wasp was crawling on the back of my leg and if I moved one inch it would sting me...lovely) and I was just too hot!!! I woke up at 6:32 and my son has to be on the bus at 6:40 (I am superwoman) so I grabbed toothpaste, toothbrush, and a brush and hurried him out the door at 6:38. (we organize everything the night before). He had to pee behind a tree. poor soul. Then I got home and collapsed in the bed again for 15 min then I had to get ready and gather health forms for my program and ended up driving across town to get my TB shot read at 7:50 am, the clinic didn't read my test until 8:35 am--I didn't leave until 8:45 am. I had to race back to get to orientation at 9 am. I get to campus to find out they moved orientation, and I don't know where (Thank God for cell phones) so now i have 2 min to get to orientation. Then we sit there from 9-11 am and hear about all the stuff we have to pay for. I was also told the service and phone I signed up for had to be cancelled because it was wrong for the program. Then we had a 10 min pee break with a mile long line to the women's restroom. HAHA. Since I'm super woman I peed, and scheduled the a/c man to come to my home when I got done with the meeting during the 10 min potty break. Then we came back and listened to another huge influx of info. Then we ate. THEN somehow I ended up at the book store shaking my head that I had NONE of my nursing books yet and classes started in 2 days. Next thing I know it, some guy is piling $400 dollars worth of books in my arms. And I end up at the register paying for that. Then I end up at the register again paying for a piece of software in a 5 X 7 envelope that costs me $260.00. After almost falling out at the book store, and staggering to my friend's car in a daze. She drives me to my car. Then I stagger to my car still in a daze. Then we come back to my home. And I help the a/c man dx my sick a/c and watched half a movie my friend falls asleep waiting for me to come watch the movie. So then I am left to try to check the status of a scholarship trying to track down my case worker--cause someone has to help pay for the $260 1/2 ounce envelope I just bought. Next thing I'm off to pick up the kid. We end up at WalMart hunting jeans, because mine can't stay up without a belt and look like bozo pants thanks to the weight I've lost. 2 hrs later...I'm driving home at 8:30 pm. I drag myself inside and end up making a very late dinner for kid, SO, and I....then I am cleaning up dinner barely able to see straight. I greet SO with a huge mouthful of complaint against my caseworker for not having the decency to call me (she called while I was at WalMart). I spend 2 hrs stressed because I know I need a scholarship if I am going to survive in th is track and then I get the bright idea to check the messages. Bing, approved--I have to call somewhere between getting to school and walking to class to set up an appt. go figure. Then I am organizing stuff for my day tomorrow. Somehow I landed in this chair...and seem to be babbling in a half coherent stupor.

I have thoughts of exercise, and strength training. But mostly I have thoughts of melatonin--because that is the only way I am going to sleep tonight.

wow, I think I was on autopilot or something.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Dutchgirl.... if we can at least persuade our motivations to send postcards or something.... it would be a start!!

Wow Jen, what a crazy day! But you DO sound like superwoman to me, you still got so much accomplished. Cheers to that!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #265  

omg, another crazy day. Got CPR certified though. Didn't get any exercise in besides the running around though.

I didn't sleep well last night either...so at least I know I can function well on 4 hrs sleep. I came home and finally died in bed at 8 pm though. I woke up at 9:45 to put my son to bed.

I don't know which classes I have or don't have tomorrow-too much orientation stuff and they couldn't fit everything into our 4 hr orientation on the 24th.-I also don't know whether or not my scholarship will pay for the most expensive stuff in my program either.

I basically felt like I taped my eyelids open and was running on the green tea pill i was taking (I don't drink coffee). hahha. I must be cut out for the medical field right?

well, here's where the rubber meets the road, can I balance losing weight, exercising eating right, with a hectic school schedule, clinicals as well as continue my duties efficiently as a mom and housewife???

I do know I am not a quitter. I need someone to encourage me to push through. I know it's not alot, and maybe not enough. But for damage control I am going to do light strength training before I go to bed again.

so Iriswhispers and dutch--send me a postcard to my "motivation" too ok????
Old 08-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #266  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Take a breath JEN!

Great to see you IRIS!

Helping you look for that motivation DUTCH!

Weighed in at 183 this morning MINDY...up-up and away...

I'm no Superman!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #267  

Hey all.

Jen, you make me tired just reading your posts, girl! Yes, I think you are cut out for the medical field and you are going to do great. Once you are settled into a routine it will be easier to cope. Orientation week is always difficult, with so much stuff to take care of and so much information being thrown at you. Just be sure you find a moment to breathe!

A postcard from our motivations would be great, Iris, and a quick phonecall to say they are coming home even better!
Part of my problem is that I will be going on vacation in a couple of weeks (finally) and though I will be fairly sensible with my food intake, I do let myself off the hook to an extent, I do for example indulge in a few glasses of wine, while I don't usually drink at all during the normal week. And food - well I am going to Italy, so much beautiful food, so little time...
But until then I need to be a good girl even though mentally I am already in vacation mode.

Have a great day, all!
Old 08-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #268  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

hi all just another day on the broken record bandwagon. i need to get somewhere on this and back on track. oh well i know what needs to be done and just need to be done.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #269  
mtiger

Wink

Look what happened. I went back to work and didn't get here to post. BAD GIRL!! Well I have been keeping busy and trying to eat pretty good. I was 182.2 today, not bad. I have some errands to run tonight, plus some chores, plus dinner, plus computer stuff. Starting to sound a little like Jen, though just a little.

I will try and get on later in the week, heck..maybe the weekend, and update better.

Keep rocking it everyone.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Just a quick post myself before I have to get up and start on some things around the house. I'm doing okay. I am tired from being back at work. But food portions are not going so badly. I'm still sore since I'm still doing a lot of physical things that we don't usually do getting the room organized mostly still. So I'm considering that my exercise for right now. Every one sounds busy! I am looking forward to the weekend already! Have a good evening everyone!
Closed Thread