Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:54 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Sorry your rootbeer float wasn't all you had hoped for Dutch. Although I stay away from them now...I love them using Henry Weinhard root beer or their orange cream soda and vanilla ice cream....oh my goodness!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Dutchgirl-Sorry about your root beer float.. Never really liked them but my husband does.

I just got home from the vet and taking the baby (lab) to get his second round of puppy shots. Now he's very excited to be home. The vet and I talked a bit about exercising him and I think I have a better idea of what he needs and how to handle some things I've noticed since he is totally different behavior wise from my other dog due to the breed. I think I have a lot of work ahead of me with him and I think I'll be getting more exercise for sure. He gave me a bit of a hard time today. I definitely need to work on my upper body strength as well after what happened today ha :-). I at one point had Rowdy in a headlock trying to get a look at his mouth after finding what looked to be a huge industiral type metal staple in his mouth and he was just chewing away on it. That just didn't work out very well-me having him in a headlock ha as some of you can imagine. No clue where he got it either. I'm doing good eating I think. I'm definitely resisting the urge to munch which isn't too hard right now considering I don't really have any junk to munch on. I am just not buying it plus it saves on money. We have a Walgreens by us and it is basically the only store that is close by and it is a lot of people's in the subdivision including me little mini grocery store and I've been going in there a lot like once a week for like one item that is needed like today I needed hairspray since I forgot to get it and coming out later with 30 bucks worth of snack food like chips soda and just junk. I didn't do that today with the junk food it was magazines this time but still it's money that's going out of my pocket. So that's stopping. I'm going to take Rowdy on a walk later tonight probably by myself so wish me luck!

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 07-07-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #18  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi!

So, being on all these meds makes me feel OLD and WEIRD. Today I felt like working out again. I looked at my car...I have been doing nothing but binging on fast food for the past MONTH and I feel gross. So I weighed myself. 205. *sigh*

Back to the gym tomorrow. IT's been nearly 2 months. I've just been so out of it.

Let's see if I can run ANY length of time, haha.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #19  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I also took my old dog to the vet. He is 13 now. He has lost 20 pounds, has problems falling down, just getting old. We got our first dog 11 years ago and haven't lost one yet. It's getting hard to think about his time coming. Hope he hangs around a good while yet.

Just finished a 3 mile walk/jog. That is always a good workout. TOM should come and go this week, so I am hoping for a whoosh.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #20  

Super J - glad to see you back. we missed you. Good for you for getting back to the gym. Don't fret about the weight, it will come off again.
I need to get moving again myself. I still can't run because of my back, and I find it very difficult to get a different exercise routine going and sticking to it.
I need a plan...
I also need some inspiration. (not to mention perspiration)
Old 07-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #21  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

*hugs dutch*

Why is crap food so good???? lol
Old 07-08-2009, 12:44 AM   #22  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hey team....

we need WORK!
Old 07-08-2009, 01:39 AM   #23  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

3 hours of dance tonight Tired and sore.. but weigh in is tomorrow and I have a good feeling about this!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #24  

Jeannette-Glad to see you back and yes crap food is just way too good at times because of all the sugar especially when I'm feeling sorry for myself is when it seems to taste the best to me lol..

Mtiger-HUGS for you and your dog!

Weegreenlassie-whoohoo

Dutchgirl-come on let's go! I started my walking back up this morning.

I'm a bit tired already and it's only 9:30am here. I've already been up and walked the lab on a short 20 minute walk. I should have gotten up earlier and gone earlier since at 8:15am it was pretty muggy already. I'll do it again later with the dog tonight if I'm not tired from doing heavy duty house cleaning to total 40 minutes. I have company coming over tomorrow for a visit and lunch. Then I went straight to Walmart and got some food for the recipe I'm making tomorrow and dog toys/bones to keep them occupied. I don't plan on weighing myself this week since I'm very very bloated this time for some reason and my monthly visitor is here. Oh by the way I seem to have found about 7 pounds lately while apparently this past month my husband has lost about 10 without even trying. He is now 200 on the nose which was very exciting to see last night considering his height since he is only 5'7 himself. Everyone have a great day!

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 07-08-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #25  

Just saying good night, the weather finally broke, it has been raining cats and dogs and my house is getting cooler.
That might give me a fighting chance at a full night sleep so I am dragging myself off to bed.
EZ, you are right.
We need work!
but not tonight
Old 07-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #26  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

hope everyone is having a good day. i know that i am. i think i did really good the last couple of days with the eating aspect. the exercising side of it i still need a little bit of work on other then doing some lawn mowing and wood stacking. i have been struggle with that for the last year and i am not kidding on that.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #27  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hey TOM has arrived here in michigan also. I am hoping that means a few pounds will be coming off soon. That is my plan anyway.

I need to do a workout yet tonight. I am bored with everything I've been doing. I also need to eat some more food, since I'm only at 1000 calories right now.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI TEAM ~

Well things are going as expected here...for every loss...there is a gain I go down a couple then whammo 4th of July hits....and although I wasn't that bad on the 4th...the chips, hot dogs and potato salad stuck around the house for lunch and dinner for a couple of days....but hey...it's all gone now!

My daughter came up yesterday and we did our 2nd annual Father Take Your Daughter On A Walk Day...a nice easy one this year...not too many calories burned but a nice evening with my kiddo, who will be 26 years old next week.

I am pretty darn sure I will not make my 2nd anniversary goal on the 23rd...but I am really trying to be "better" on my choices...even on the 4th.

SUPER J ~ Yep good food is bad

DUTCHGIRL ~ I hope you woke up to sunshine today

MINDY ~ Yep...you need fuel to exercise!

MRSAUGIE ~ Maybe you should look around for an exercise you might really like.

BRAT ~ good to see you up and walking...those dogs...and you...will be better for it.

KAT ~ Hope you danced your butt off
Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #29  

Still raining a lot, but that's fine! Mother Nature was thirsty after some long hot dry weather. I had my first reasonable sleep in about a week with the house cooler, and that feels much better.
When I am tired and lack sleep I am much more likely to go for quick grab meals and for high carb snacks (like rootbeer floats ) In a well rested state I do tend to make better choices, in food and everything else for that matter.
time to start getting ready for work.
I wish you all a very happy healthy day making good choices
Old 07-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #30  

Dutchgirl-Hope you get some good sleep. You have a good day as well!

It's 8:15am here now and I took Rowdy on our walk at 7:25am and was back at 7:40am. Whew.. he had me walking fast, faster than yesterday morning and I am a tad bit sore in my thighs and rear today. If he could have been running I think he would have been even happier. I didn't get to take him on a walk last night and I should have but after cleaning the house and being on my hands and knees for that and I'm still not done and getting dinner on the table so late I just took a nice hot bath. I'll definitely be walking him tonight two times around our usual route since the 15-20 minutes is not cutting it for him and I can survive being sore. :-) I wish I could handle both of my dogs walking them both at the same time but I just can't. Oh well I guess more exercise for me lol. I need to get up and get going. I've got my company coming over at 10am and I still need to clean my bathroom. Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread