UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:14 PM   #196  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Woo hoo! I'm at home, and it's only 10 past 6. After the week I've had I'm so happy with that. I got out one of my agreements at about half three and the other at half four, and really couldn't face starting anything new at that point. Now I've just got to plan my menus for next week and get to the supermarket, I've got enough supplies to get me through til tomorrow lunchtime but I'd rather go to Tesco on a Friday night than a Saturday morning because it's quieter. That's if I get my menus planned before I open a bottle of wine, of course...

I'm planning to do mainly house stuff at the weekend. I'm tempted by a bit of shopping on the basis I found out how much my pay rise is today (they approved what I agreed with my boss), but on the basis I don't actually have it yet I should be at least a little restrained...
Old 05-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #197  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Ky - DH is taking very small steps towards getting fit (so far!) but I think I'm shaming him in to doing more exercise. He's always been happy to walk the dogs for an hour but I know he's getting a bit concerned about the weights that I'm lifting because he mentioned that he'd done some flyes using the 10k weights I'd left on the bench and went a bit quiet when I told him that those weights were there just because that's where they're kept and that if he wanted to see what weights I'm using he should look at my training record folder. Anyway, the next evening I caught him looking at my folder and I just KNOW he tried some of the exercises at my weights. Since then he's been doing 20 mins weights or cardio each evening. I don't know how long he'll stick at it though.

Helen, I always enjoy my food more if I've planned my menu after a glass of wine or two....
Old 05-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hellooooooooooooooo

Hope all is well with you all.

Just a quickie before I go to my bed. I have been out for an indian meal, and
I am stuffed. I had a veggie jalfrezi and mushroom rice, oh and poppodoms, for a desert I had a choccy thing, which was lovely, andddddddddddddddd
I had my first drink since St Patricks Day. Several lovely glasses of Rose. Which went straight to my head and I feel quite merry. Hubby and I
are off to a party tomorrow tonight, so more food but hopefully will do some dancing too.

Still havent got myself together food wise but I'm not gaining although after that big feed this evening I feel the size of a house.

At this party tomorrow my friend's sister in law has had the lapband thingy done I think I shall have to quiz her up and ask how much she has lost.
Please god let me lighter, oh what a cow I am!!!!!

Anyway have a lovely weekend everyone

Goodnight godbless
Michele
Old 05-20-2006, 02:47 AM   #199  
This one got lazyitis

S/C/G: 236/229/168

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
He's slightly annoying but I want him to stay. and Lisa the Manc safe for this week as well
I like Lisa, I think she's lucky she went in the diary room think she might have been nominated first along with Shabaz. He said he's going home this morning the big drama queen. (got my fingers crossed though )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo :)
and me I've not seen any today 'cos of work

They really have surpassed themselves this year with complete nutters/twats/!@@%"! (Delete as applicable) hahahahaha

Pete the Tourettes boy has my vote at the moment
I think Pete might win, I thought he was a right fool when he went in but I think he was a bit overexcited, he seems quite normal now. Compared to the rest of them anyway

Pleased they haven't put loads of kids in like last year. Can't wait til Nikki gets evicted the whinging old moo, crying cause she didn't have her eye make up remover, it's £18 a bottle you know
Old 05-20-2006, 09:48 AM   #200  

£18 I hate Nikki she's such a wannabe I know they all are but she isn't clever enough to hide it she is amusing though.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:59 AM   #201  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm in a good mood now. I've got a kitchen full of fresh fruit and veggies and I'm having a major cooking binge this weekend. I'm only just in the process of making my lunch because I had to wait for a man to check my gas meter, then take my car for new tyres and only then get to the supermarket to get the ingredients. Hopefully it will be worth the wait!

Because of having to wait in I haven't made it out for my run yet either. I was hoping to do it mid afternoon but by the time I've digested my lunch it might be later than that. I'm considering skipping it and just adding a mile or two onto my long run tomorrow, or I might just bite the bullet and get some miles in before Eurovision.

At least it's shopped me clothes shopping (although I did pick up a lovely looking veggie cookbook at one of the shops near Kwik Fit...)
Old 05-20-2006, 10:01 AM   #202  

I just need to get some wine in before Eurovision.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #203  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I already have the wine angle covered
Old 05-20-2006, 01:26 PM   #204  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Who's singing for the UK? Any chance they might win, or will it be 'nil points'?

I got a new video work out yesterday, called core body work out, it's will a ball...I did it last night and it was only 20 mins and I sweated like a little fat piggy...but it was such fun

So with that and curves, I should be really seeing some shape changes in this fat bod

If I could do as good with the food as I should, we should be very svelte looking...but I'm trying.

Swimming in the pool later on, and floating on my new floaty and hopefully get a bit of a colour to this lily white bod...no one would think I live in 104 degrees weather right now, I've been so busy at work lately, the only time I see the sun, is driving back and forth...summer hols time nearly here though
Old 05-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #205  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

No chance. Whatsoever

I feel very virtuous now, I dragged myself to the gym and did 4 miles on the treadmill. I really didn't feel like it, but I'm glad I made myself.

Now I'm making a baked and stuffed butternut squash thing for this evening, I've got a couple of salads prepared in the fridge to go with it, and a bottle or two of wine on standby for Eurovision.

I'm supposed to be doing 9 miles tomorrow, I hope it stops raining before then!
Old 05-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #206  
This one got lazyitis

Even though Daz Sampson is the most cringeworthy bloke in possibly the whole world, he is quite famous in Europe so if anyone is going to win it for us it will be him. I don't think we'll win but he'll do better than Jemini at least
The song is dire though isn't it?
Old 05-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #207  
Consistency + Balance

Totally!

Considering that people from our country write some of the best songs in the World I really do not understand why we go to Eurovision with such songs.

It doesn't really matter though - over the last few years its proved itself to be more political than entertainment. The only thing that makes it worth watching is listening to TW's commentry - I hope he's his usual sarky self tonight.

Long live Terry Wogan
Old 05-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #208  
Consistency + Balance

OMG I just said Long live Terry Wogan - am I turning in to a TOG - definitely middle age creeping in......
Old 05-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #209  
This one got lazyitis

I don't think I could watch it without Terry Wogan

What's a TOG?

The Finnish entry should be funny, have you seen them in the paper? Dressed as giant bats.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #210  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm looking forward to Finland. Has to be better than Switzerland and Moldova. Israel doesn't seem much better either.

Terry definitely makes it watchable...
Closed Thread