UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:44 PM   #166  

Yeah I had some unwanted male attention last night when the club we were in was closing and some guy spotted that I'd spoken to him briefly in the club and decided to have a last ditch attempt at pulling on the stairs on the way out!

Think I was his first choice there!

Anyway I thought I would share some positives today-
went into shop and exited shop without any chocolate!
Had a really good workout at the gym- tried on the treadmill AND the bike

There were some negatives but I find it easier to build on success than make up for mistakes!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:27 AM   #167  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'll do the story when I get time, yesterday I racked up something like 18 chargeable hours at work. That's three days worth in one marathon session! I'm planning to run/walk to work as it's the only way I can get to the sorting office while it's open to pick up my new phone (going to the gym and running from there means I pass to early), but my bag is a bit heavy because I have files from yesterday and it's not a proper running rucksack (because I've not got round to buying it) so I'll take it a bit easier than I would like to. It's meant to be Race for Life but I honestly don't think I'll make it there. If I do make it I suspect I'll have to do it on the way home and run it with the rucksack again - I'll just do it for the atmosphere rather than a time (not that it's properly timed anyway). And the fact there is probably chocolate in the goodie bag...

For the train back north last night I bought a copy of Ultra Fit and a half price slab of galaxy. I suspect that's not how it's meant to work

Suspect the rest of the week will be **** too, but I'll try to fit some exercise in where I can
Old 05-17-2006, 04:33 AM   #168  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I didn't get choccy in my goody bag! Just some sweet chilli ryvita snack things and Nivea stuff! I wanted choccy!

I think I'm going to be on TV on Sunday night, the beckham's party thing. All about Tilly's frame. We're delivering tomorrow, and that's when the film crew's there too, so they want to interview me! I shouldn't have eaten all that chocolate yesterday!

I'm stressed. I don't want to work... Can I just go back to bed???
Old 05-17-2006, 06:57 AM   #169  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I got a huge bag of Malteasers last year

I managed to run/walk to work. The first 3 miles were mainly running as far as the post office, then the rest was more of a run/walk. That was just over 5 miles, then I did another 2k of proper running on the treadmill once I got to the gym. It was much harder work than I expected with the extra weight of the bag. Comparing the weight of the bag to the amount of weight I've lost I have no idea how I managed to run before when I was carrying a lot more weight than the me + bag weight of this morning.

Work hasn't been quite as stressful today, although I suspect it will be a long one. I'm not holding out much hope of getting up to RfL.

I've got my new phone, it looks nice and fancy
Old 05-17-2006, 07:38 AM   #170  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I dunno - I've never had a problem dealing with unwanted attention - a quick knee in the groin usually sorts the problem....

After the first time my daughter came home in tears about being harrassed I told her that dealing with unwanted attention was the only time I thought it was acceptable for her to swear - and she did... like a navvy. One time when she was 17 a workmate of DH's drove past her, stopped and asked her if she'd like a lift. She didn't even glance at him - just told him to off. He told me about this because he thought her behaviour was appalling - I told him that it was a form of self preservation and that he was an idiot to invite a young girl in to his car. IMHO she'd done the right thing. Whatever it takes.

All this talk of choccie is making me hungry... I've had two low calorie days and I'm even drooling about chocolate!

Frus, could you let us know what time and channel you're going to be on please - just so that I can say I know someone famous. Will you get to meet the Beckhams? I'd love to know if she had a boob job - they are so out of proportion to the rest of her now.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:45 AM   #171  

Oh I can just see frus on in the News of the World, pictures of her assessing Ms Posh's assets to see whether they are real or not.

What goody bags are your lot talking about? My Ultra Fit certainly didn't come with chocolate

I'm back at work today, and I'm feeling most chilled after my day off.

Oh and I'm wearing "the" trousers today ms frus!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:53 AM   #172  
Consistency + Balance

Woo hooo!! The postie has just been and I got SIX eBay parcels. 3 fit and 3 are slightly too small - which is good because it gives me something to work towards.

One thing is pretty obvious - everything I've bought is white or white with a touch of pink - WHY? I must be nuts!!! I've got two great big BLACK dogs who moult 364 days a year.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 AM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
I didn't get choccy in my goody bag! Just some sweet chilli ryvita snack things and Nivea stuff! I wanted choccy!

I think I'm going to be on TV on Sunday night, the beckham's party thing. All about Tilly's frame. We're delivering tomorrow, and that's when the film crew's there too, so they want to interview me! I shouldn't have eaten all that chocolate yesterday!

I'm stressed. I don't want to work... Can I just go back to bed???

Hmm...I remember you saying about a very famous person in relation to the frame I'll be watching if you're on... ok I will probably watch it anyway! If I can make time due to BB watching
Old 05-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #174  
aka Superwoman!

Oh poo! I'm not going to be filmed! But you will get to see the fantastically PINK frame! It's very VERY pink! I've wrapped it up in all sorts of fancy ribbons and bows! I will take some pictures!!! In fact I will take lots! I don't get to go to the party It's not fair!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #175  

That is most unfair.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #176  
aka Superwoman!

Phew! I've actually been working today! Most strange...

Well I haven't done very well with my eating today! That's what comes of going out about half an hour before lunch!!! Well I got a focaccia from BBs muffins. And a muffin! Actually, I've only cheated on lunch today! I just feel like I've cheated more because I want to eat chocolate! I haven't... yet! However I had to bribe someone to take me out today, with brownies!!! So I will be baking tonight! It's ok, we're on a road trip tomorrow. Normal rules DO NOT apply on road trips! Calories consumed in a moving vehicle are negated by the high speed of said vehicle!

Ah well, should be ok! I hate going up to do ballet frame stuff - I'm so scared that it's going to be a dissapointment!

Oh, I don't know if I told you gals this, but over the weekend I got nits! and last night I put that dodgy mousse on my hair! It was horrible! I thought I'd check with a nit comb to see if I really had them, well I combed a live one out! i've never dropped anything so fast! I'm still slightly itchy, but I think it's the abuse I put my scalp through last night! I'm thoroughly combed now!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:47 AM   #177  

Evil Kykaree! Well at least no on ecan accuse you of being a bunny boiler!

2Frus - tree hugging vegetarian ! I love it!

I must admit we used to have rabbit in a parsley sauce when young. I did not like it - then I got a recipe for rabbit in mustard and cream sauce and we all loved it. However I don't eat meat now and do not miss 'Thumper'.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #178  
Consistency + Balance

Lovely! You've got me itching now!! Where did you get them from? Probably from the kids at kickboxing. You need to mention it to their parents.

I just had a bad experience. DH came home early so we decided to hit the gym even though I did cardio this morning AND walked the dogs for a couple of hours. Anyway..... we did a good workout (about 45 mins) and were just doing cooldown on the cardio equipment - DH decided to use the stepper thingy and his pulse rate went right off the scale. Apparently it went up and up and up through his safety zone to 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 - then the display disappeared. I was on the treadmill next to him when I heard him mumble something and I looked over to see him turn from deep maroon to a very pasty white. After a lie down he was sick then he was okay but his reason for working out so hard is that he didn't want to be outdone by me. Huh? He is SUCH an idiot - I work out every day! I didn't realise that he was trying to work the same weights as me as well.

I am SO ANGRY with him.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #179  
aka Superwoman!

Sarah! What a numpty! Men will be men though! That's a pretty good NSV - working hard enough to make hubby pass out!

I got the lovely lice from a lady at kickboxing who has kiddies! I'm pretty sure it was her! I gave her a hug on Thursday, then over the weekend I got progressively itchier! It must've been her because I don't generally hug people! Other than that I haven't been in contact with anyone other than DF, so I reckon it's her.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:25 PM   #180  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

My Ultrafit didn't come with the chocolate, it was just the WH Smith offer where you get a half price bar if you buy any magazine. How could a girl resist after a 10.5 hour meeting?

Still at work, but not feeling as bad about missing RfL as it's pouring down! I'd have liked to do it, but it probably won't be as good in the rain if people are trying to spend as little time as possible there before and after it! Plus it's on grass so might me a bit muddy by now.

I forgot to say, of the 6 (eek!) excess pounds the scales told me I had on Monday morning, only one and a half of them was still there this morning, which wasn't bad as I haven't really exercised or eaten that well since I got back with all the work stuff going on. Probably take away pizza at my desk tonight too. Still, as long as I get some exercise in (to keep me sane as much as anything else) and eat fruit throughout the day, it can't do too much damage. The main thing is to get back into my proper routine as soon as work allows rather than stressing too much at the moment about stuff I can't control.
Closed Thread