UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 01:40 AM   #241  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Cat, where've ya bin?

I've tried reaching in there, I think it's a gonner! It is so tightly entwined, I can turn it, but not find the end to pull it back out, and it's soldered shut, so it's time for a new one...

How was the beer tent? And why is it a long weekend? Holiday?

Ok, time for bed, last week with the kiddies this week, some are going to kindergarten, and I shall miss them

I've just had a nice bath, coloured my grey's and will now be young and youthful looking when I get up in the morning....

You can all stop laughing anytime now
Old 05-22-2006, 03:12 AM   #242  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I'm an oompa loompa - I went to bed all pale and interesting and woke up this morning looking like I've been tango'd. How do you get rid of instant tan? HELP!!!!!

I used the Avon stuff I didn't use last year and it is not at ALL the same colour as the (natural) tan I've got on my face and arms, since when has a tan been orange?? DH brought me a cup of coffee when he left for work at 5.20 and laughed so hard he nearly spilt it over me when I sat up and asked him what my tan looked like.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:24 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Oh sod it.

Good morning everyone I just wrote my post somehow did it twice and tried to delete it then completely lost it.

Sarah sorry to laugh I too have been all shades of baked bean to satusuma.
There isn't a fake tan on this earth I havent tried. The best way to remove really is a soapy flannel. Swimming will do it too. A couple of years back I faked it really well (my tan that is) my friends and I had this woman come to her house with a spray gun. You stood in your knickers and she sprayed you all over. You felt a big eejit at first but soon got over it but the results were great.

Anyway go and give yourself a good scrub oh orange one !!!!!!!!!

Michele
Old 05-22-2006, 04:04 AM   #244  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Poor Sarah - pale and interesting is my look du jour!

I had a nice weekend, I'm completely though,

I saw dove has a mildly tinted moisturiser out - I think I might try that this year, or just be pale and interesting!!

I don't have much to say today, just too tired I guess! Must get on and do my photo-montage of Tilly!
Old 05-22-2006, 04:14 AM   #245  
Consistency + Balance

Oh dear! I used the rough side of my shower sponge - had a good scrub at it - and now I'm all patchy. Sort of tango camoflage. Thank goodness its too cold to wear anything but jeans and a jumper so all the patchy orangey bits are covered up. If it hasn't faded by Thursday then I'll try swimming - it should go beautifully with my Baywatch red cossie.

Frus, glad you had a good time with the parents - did your Mum find her MOB outfit?

I will keep trying the instant tanning stuff - my face and the bits of my arms not covered by a T shirt are quite brown - the rest of me is usually lilly white (currently orange) - and I'd like for at least my legs to be not quite so blindingly white when I wear shorts.

Is this the fourth or fifth day of rain? Its pouring here and I need to take the dogs out for a LONG walk SOON before Fred chews anything else that he shouldn't. In the last few days he has destroyed my mobile, the Sky box remote control, George's bed (not his own!!) and I'm a bit worried about some cheques which various buyers swear they have sent but which hasn't arrived - its too much of a coincidence that several haven't arrived so they are probably in Fred. Little
Old 05-22-2006, 05:08 AM   #246  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

No MOB outfits yet - we got to the shop 10 minutes after it closed! Damn Sunday opening hours! Some shops 10-4, some 11-5, some 12-6, I wish they'd just all sort themselves out!!!!

Can you get one of those wire boxes to put over the back of your letter box to stop Fred eating the post?
Old 05-22-2006, 05:12 AM   #247  

Ha ha! Poor Sarah Ann! You should have got hubbie to put it on you so he ended up with orange hands -that's what my SIL did. But of course you say you are orange in other areas - hmm - too much put on? too dark a colour?

Never mind - move to Essex - you will not look out of place - but remember to wear white stilettos!!
Old 05-22-2006, 05:49 AM   #248  

you can get correction wipes, baby wipes work too
Old 05-22-2006, 07:34 AM   #249  
Consistency + Balance

I think I'll try the wipes before trying swimming - BABY wipes? OMG if they can get this stuff off then what on earth do they do to delicate baby skin?

Frus, we did have an outside lockable mailbox but some buyers send me cash or uncrossed, unnamed postal orders so after we thought Fred had grown out of chewing we removed it. Normally he's okay, its just because he gets bored staying in so much.

Anyway - just back from a 2 and a half hour walk in the pouring rain - quite enjoyed it really.....
Old 05-22-2006, 07:38 AM   #250  

Could try a pan scourer and Ajax or Vim!! (no, don't try this at home! Do they still make VIM???)
Old 05-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Oooh Vim! That did strange things to my enamel bath (I know I should've read the instructions) so wouldn't like to think what it would do to your skin!! Doesn't lemon juice bleach? I too look like I've been tangoed in places- I went to one of those places where the machine sprays you with fake tan (thus being v cheap compared to the proper posh spice fake tans) Unfortunately it pooled all round my feet so my soles are mainly tangoed. That couples with my blisters meant that DH had to 'shroud' them with a cushion when I wanted to put my feet on his lap affectionately.

I am a fraud being on this website today- I have a day off work to recover from the Moonwalk so went for a late lunch and had.... a croissant with cheese, parma ham and tomato and a glass of wine! Lovely. I was going to cook wholesome veggie soup this evening but now can't be bothered. Back to the grindstone tomorrow methinks.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #252  

Aah! You are not a fraud - we all go there (where we shouldn't) occasionally. As long as we get back on track all will be well!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:27 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

I know, but I liked it a bit too much!!

And croissant is wrong enough without adding lovely cheese. Anyway... try and blank that memory out of my mind!!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 PM   #254  
Consistency + Balance

I think you owed your body that croissant after your marathon walk. A little bit of everything.... strictly in moderation, of course!

I'm coming to terms with being orange. At least I didn't pay much for it - and at least its not hot weather so that my orange-ness is not on show.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a proper honey tan looking instant tan? One that develops overnight and doesn't stain the sheets.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #255  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
I think I'll try the wipes before trying swimming - BABY wipes? OMG if they can get this stuff off then what on earth do they do to delicate baby skin?

Frus, we did have an outside lockable mailbox but some buyers send me cash or uncrossed, unnamed postal orders so after we thought Fred had grown out of chewing we removed it. Normally he's okay, its just because he gets bored staying in so much.

Anyway - just back from a 2 and a half hour walk in the pouring rain - quite enjoyed it really.....
little story about baby wipes my mates kid got paint all up her next door neighbours brick wall. It wasn't quite dry but babywipes got it all off nothing else would. The cheap ones are evil.

http://www.healthypages.net/forum/tm.asp?m=210749 some fake tan info for you
Closed Thread