UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 01:20 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Phat- scary post. It's one of those things that you don't think about but once you do it's quite easy to scare yourself. I've got some lovely cream from Neals Yard so might try some more. Dr Hauschka looks lovely. I tend to buy a mixture of Lancome makeup and Nivea body stuff, so both mass produced (and probably at the same place- the only difference is the colours and the ££££s)

I can only lose properly on about 1500, which is a shame as I've been eating 1800 recently for ages. I'm at a right plateau that I need to do something about especially as I seem to have damaged myself a bit

SQUEAMISH- DO NOT READ.

My muscles are better after the Moonwalk but the enormous blisters on my little toe seem to have unrooted my little toenail and it's held on with a home made splint and a big plaster. And I can't get my feet into normal shoes (grrr- not much fun wearing flip flops in this weather)

Sarah- are you still doing BFL? I've been reading a lot about that and am contemplating buying the book from Amazon as I need structure. What are your experiences?

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:02 PM   #272  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Clareh - I know what you mean about structure and that is exactly how I felt. Yes, I'm still doing BfL and loving it, REALLY loving it. I'm in week 8 and I've never felt fitter in my life. (Its probably the endorphines talking.) You can get all the info you need from the bodyforlife dot com website so you don't really NEED to buy the book. Take a look at the website and if you need any help/advice or just general encouragement then send me a PM.

Tesco have got a 20% of womens clothing sale. I got myself some nice (plain) vest tops for £1.20 each!

Frus, after your words of wisdom about Brunchettas not being clean I binned the lot and have only eaten 'clean' ever since. I'm turning in to the Cottage Cheese Queen of Yorkshire!

About calories.... today I will eat 1.984 calories (that's what I've got diarised) and today I burned off 937 calories in exercise (weight training, yoga stretches, abs and 2 hours of dog walking across rough terrain) - which means that I'm only left with just over 1,000 cals to 'live' on. I'd prefer to exercise more than cut back on calories - at the moment if I ever feel hungry then I just eat more but it has to be 'clean' food and I'm losing 1-2 lbs a week.

Everyone is different.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #273  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
I'd prefer to exercise more than cut back on calories - at the moment if I ever feel hungry then I just eat more but it has to be 'clean' food and I'm losing 1-2 lbs a week.

Everyone is different.
That sounds like me! I'm far happier to run extra calories off than to cut back on what I eat. I don't count calories as such anyway, but I know that I'd need to eat less than I do at the moment if I didn't exercise this much.

I bought some new running gear at lunchtime to cheer me up as work is still really busy. I'm just trying to work out what to do with my Thursday run at the moment. My schedule is to do 3 miles on Thursday and then rest on Friday, but I have an all day (and possibly all night) meeting on Thursday in Hitchin and have to catch the 7.20 train. I could either get up half an hour earlier on Thursday to do the run before the train, or swop Thursday and Friday and hope that we actually manage to get back on Thursday evening. If we don't and it is an all nighter there's a chance that the run would fall by the wayside. I think it depends how late I have to work tomorrow. If I can get home at a reasonable time and go to bed early, the Thursday morning option sounds the most promising and it will wake me up for the day ahead. But if I'm working late it might be best to put it off til Friday and then either run before work if we come back on Thursday night, before travelling back if we stay over and I have time, or after work on Friday (hopefully if it is an all nighter I won't actually have to go in, we'd only get back for lunch/just after anyway so there wouldn't be much point). I'm just rambling now but trying to work it through in my head.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:22 AM   #274  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

That was quite a ramble YP - I got lost in the middle of it and now I don't know what day it is!

I got my BUPA 10K run T-shirt and number and chip in the post yesterday! I'm quite scared!

Oh and PMT frus had to start the day off with a row about washing up didn't she?? I had an area the size of a chopping board to make my dinner on, the rest of the worktops are taken up with dirty washing up. It's DF's job to wash up. Say no more! I ended up doing half the washing up before making my lunch just so that I could move and stop feeling like we're living like slobs.

I'm coming down with a cold, there's one guy off work with it, so if I get worse just in time for belt tests, then there will be **** to pay!

I'm off to the gym tonight, I'm going to try out some HIIT since the scales were being pretty nasty to me this morning! I think I'll do something like abs and tris for my muscles too... I would do leg weights, but I'd like to be able to walk and kickbox for the next 3 days, so I'll perhaps leave that till Friday!

Kickboxing class last night, I think I have everything spot on for my belt test. I think I am the only one doing green belt, so NO PRESSURE! I apparently make it look easy - that's according to one of the other gals there! There is some 18 year old doing her brown and white belt who I've NEVER EVER SEEN! She won't be passing it this Saturday by the looks of it either! Not that I'm at all jealous...
Old 05-24-2006, 06:47 AM   #275  
Consistency + Balance

Helen, I hope you get your run in - OMG your life sounds complicated!

Frus, Sounds like DF needs to learn to hide on certain days of the month.

After many years of extensive research I have come to the considered conclusion that men are born with selective blindness. They are physically unable to see any mess (including washing up) or to hit the laundry basket with their dirty clothes (but they THINK it has gone in because they leave it lying near or on the basket). Another manifestation of male domestic selective blindness relates to a newly washed kitchen floor. Either they walk across it wearing muddy shoes/boots, which they then discard in a heap by the back door - or they allow dogs (who have been digging holes in the garden) to walk across it and then claim they 'didn't notice' that the dogs have decorated the clean (pale cream) kitchen floor with (muddy brown) paw prints.

I'm going swimming this afternoon. If I don't post within the next couple of days you can assume that I've forgotten how to do it.

gurgle, gurgle
Old 05-24-2006, 06:50 AM   #276  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
I got my BUPA 10K run T-shirt and number and chip in the post yesterday! I'm quite scared!
They're giving you chips???
Old 05-24-2006, 06:56 AM   #277  

Selective blindness and deafness - the poor souls!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:08 AM   #278  

I haven't got t-shirt or chips yet

Mine has full scale selective sensory deprevation, blind, deaf, sense of taste, smell and feeling - they're all affected.

I'm stressed again, this job is driving me mad. Two and a half days to go!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:15 AM   #279  
aka Superwoman!

for kykaree... So it's not just mine then?! I REFUSE to do more housework than I do already, but I get so p'd off that I end up doing it just so I can cook dinner!

Are we going to go on a big shopping spree after the big 10K??
Old 05-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #280  
Consistency + Balance

Kykaree - How miserable! I thought you'd gone back to your own job after throwing a wobbly about the stress a week or more ago?

I didn't sink! Swimming must be one of those things you never forget. I was very slow - 30 lengths took 40 minutes - but it wasn't helped by the amount of people who were just standing at the shallow end. Why go swimming if you aren't going to swim? We're going to try and make it a regular 'couple' thing to do - but not necessarily at that pool! I need a new cozzie, its been 3 or 4 years since we last went swimming and I think mine has started to perish - it has a strange textured look to the fabric now.

Whoever mentioned about swimming pool water getting rid of instant tan - you were right! It also seems to have faded my real tan on my arms - so my face looks even weirder than ever being tanned when the rest of me is pure lily white.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:06 AM   #281  
aka Superwoman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
it wasn't helped by the amount of people who were just standing at the shallow end. Why go swimming if you aren't going to swim?
Exactly! Yesterday at the gym - only 3 other people there, STROLLING on the treadmills! And they'll wonder why they aren't losing weight!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:55 AM   #282  
Consistency + Balance

Well, at least they were doing SOMETHING on the treadmills - this lot were just standing in the water having a natter and getting in the way. Some of them weren't even wet from the waist up! Shame really, there's a nice coffee bar there which overlooks the pool and which was empty the whole time - they could have used that.

OMG - my Tesco order just showed up. GROSS!!! I have never smelled anything like the driver's BO in my life, I don't think he had washed in a fortnight! It was like he had poured liquid fried onion with more than a hint of garlic all over himself - gag! Unfortunately the wind was coming from behind him and it blew straight in to the house and has gone through to every single room. DH, who was in the kitchen attempting to unpack some of it, kept shouted that I should check all the bags because it smelled like something smelly had smashed but I was at the front door and I knew it was the driver. I don't know how I wasn't ill. We've now got all the windows open but its lingering...... Bleauuughhhhhhhhh!

DH and I agreed that the best thing to do was to phone the store where the order gets delivered from, when I started explaining I immediately got put through to the Store Manager. I felt a bit bad about phoning but I SWEAR it was lingering on the carrier bags cos after we threw them in the outside bit the pong got a little bit less. Poor Store Manager - he was so apologetic - he's going to have a 'word' with him when he gets back to the Store. To be THAT bad I would think it will have to have been something 'medical' wrong with him.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:07 AM   #283  
aka Superwoman!

Oh dear - how

Don't you just want to be a fly on the wall when he gets back - "Sorry, you're fired 'cos you smell and you're making people sick when you deliver their food..."
Old 05-24-2006, 11:21 AM   #284  
Consistency + Balance

I doubt it'll come to him being fired - they are having a HUGE amount of problems getting staff. He'll have to be told he's got a problem though.

DH works in a warehouse and some of the men there are a bit haphazard with their personal hygiene arrangements so some of them pong a bit but not like this. I still think its a symptom of some kind of illness - heavens knows what though - lets hope its not contageous.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:32 PM   #285  

Oh dear! There's a man at my gym who is like that. He's really cute too, but if you get on the treadmill or cross trainer after he's been on it

I cut a deal where they would release me from this job on 26/05 (two days to go!!) but now they want another week from me. My manager said no way. I'm annoyed they even asked. I even went outside and had a cry today, I am so stressed. Not long now and I'll be in Oz.

I had a great workout this morning, really hard cardio. It was fab!
Closed Thread