UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #181  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

DH is fully recovered and is shouting abuse at the TV. He is a life long Arsenal supporter. I have a feeling that the footie game on TV is more likely to kill him than this afternoon's visit to the gym.

I picked up a couple of brochures - one is for Bodypump and the other is for Bodycombat. They both look interesting but DH says he'll only go to one of them and I should make up my mind which I prefer - and I don't know. I don't live near enough to the gym to get there without DH and the bus only runs twice a week. Has anyone done either or both of these? I'd really appreciate any comments about what they are like to do and how effective they are as a form of exercise.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:26 AM   #182  

I've not done pump, but I have done combat. I would say give pump a miss, your weights routine is probably far better, and I think pump is almost dangerous, it's alright for people who have correct form, but I think hoiking weights to music is generally not a great idea.

Cardio is all good, and I think it helps to get your cardio from other sources. Combat is really really fun, it's kinda hard, but it's quite exhilirating, or I find it so anyway.

I don't get my magazines from Smiths! That's why I haven't had chocolate offers! I go to my nice newsagent in Manchester who sells my Australian Womens Weekly, and always smiles at me.

Oh on Saturday I had the funniest experience. I walk to the gym via Bury market. It was late in the afternoon and the big Asian veggie stall was closing up. This (very nice looking) Asian man was tidying up, saw me out of corner of his eye and started shouting a name at me (not my name!) and ran up to me with flowers!!! Then looked embarrassed and said "sorry luv your not who I thought you were", and ran off!!! I thought by this stage he should have just given me the flowers and be done with it!!! I nearly said "it must have been my Impulse" but then thought perhaps that was just an Aussie thing and he would have looked at me oddly!

He now says hello to me every morning and has a chat, but he hasn't given me flowers
Old 05-18-2006, 08:49 AM   #183  

Poor Arsenal fans

Kyk I bet they were for you

I'm giddy like a small child at Christmas Big Brother tonight woo hoo!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:38 AM   #184  
Consistency + Balance

Poor DH - he's been walking around all day muttering 'we woz robbed'. He also thinks Thierry Henri (sp?) is going to leave now which will (apparently) be a major tragedy. I hate football - it caused my first divorce (amongst othe things) so I haven't got any sympathy.

Sorry, Veggie, but I don't watch BB. I think I watched some of the first series and one or two of the second series and after that I gave up.

Just back from a mega shopping expedition to buy some new stock so, starting next week, I'll be back in business properly.

We also stopped in to CBS - brilliant! They had reduced all the prices by half and then, while we were there, there was an announcement that all prices would be reduced by half marked price for the next hour. It was total pandemonium. I got some Reebok tops for £2 and some Cotton Traders linen trousers for £3. DH got a gorgeous Lonsdale winter jacket RRP £79.99 for £4! At the till I paid £40 - and then for some reason I haven't quite worked out they gave me a £25 voucher off my next shopping expedition. So we went went outside, thought about it, then went straight back in and spent the £25! I am very well kitted out for summer now - most in size 16 and a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of Reebok tops in ...... SIZE 14 - they don't anywhere near fit now but one day....

I just realised, I got so excited about my bargains that I haven't eaten anything since breakfast. Scary!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:25 PM   #185  

Woo I must comment that I thought about buying chocolate twice today and managed to walk past both times! I have 2 jobs and have trouble avoiding buying chocolate on the way between them.

Wonder why I didn't post yesterday when we had cakes at work?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #186  
This one got lazyitis

S/C/G: 236/229/168

Height: 5'4"

Veggie, I'll talk about Big Brother with you
I already hate Shabaz and he's immune from eviction

I bought new swimming costumes today (bargain £3 from Asda and £6.99 from JJB) now I just got to brave the pool and I'm a
Old 05-19-2006, 12:06 AM   #187  
This one got lazyitis

S/C/G: 236/229/168

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
I'd love to know if she had a boob job - they are so out of proportion to the rest of her now.
She has had a boob job it came out in a court case about something, and she lied about it on Parky

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

All down to tape and push up bras
Old 05-19-2006, 12:58 AM   #188  

I watched the housemates go in, what a horrid lot. I do like Lisa though, the loud Chinese Mancunian.....but I doubt she'll last.

I went to the gym last night, I don't like going at night, but it was ok. Full of stick insects lifting pink dumb bells. Sigh.

I've got 6 days to go doing the other job that I hate. My manager has secured my release!!! And is providing a buffet in my honour when they finally let me go. I am so fed up of being shouted at. Everyone laughs at me, because I don't take any crap and just shout back!

tomorrow, I can't wait, and then I'm doing some gentle shopping looking at clothes for my hols.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:54 AM   #189  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Yay! It's Friday and it's my rest day from exercise. I'm really enjoying my lie in this morning, I had to leave Spanish mid way through last night because I was just too tired and we were only doing revision of stuff we'd already done rather than learning new stuff. If my lift people had been there I might have stayed, but I knew it would take an hour to get home on the bus and I was feeling really tired and weak so decided to leave. And then someone got onto the bus and sat next to me with a bag of McDonalds stuff, it made me want to throw up!

I'm not going to the rugby tonight, I can't face driving over to Salford and back after work, plus I've got issues with my car that I won't be able to sort out until tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to being able to get to the supermarket over the weekend and finally getting some fresh food in the house. I've been living off frozen stuff and M&S bits all week, but it will be nice to actually cook something fresh once I have something to cook with.

Hopefully today won't be too manic and I'll actually get out of work at a decent time so that I can make a start on unpacking, washing etc. I'm so glad it's Saturday tomorrow!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:12 AM   #190  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

TGIF here too! I'm totally wiped out after double kickboxing last night! I can really say I worked my little tail off! I haven't been to the gym all week, and I ate more than usual yesterday, so that must've peaked my energy levels!

Body pump vs Body combat. Do COMBAT! Pump is lifting lighter weights with higher reps to music. And it's pants. You will benefit more from the weight training you do in the gym than crappy peppy weights class! Plus they probably won't have weights that are heavy enough for you to use. Combat is correographed kicks and punches, and makes you sweat like a beast! Plus if you enjoy it too much, it makes you want to start kickboxing!

Right, where to start???

Tilly's frame was a success! Hooray! Official dates for her on telly (not me *phew!*) Tues 23rd May, 9:25am on ITV and Sunday 28th May, 9pm ITV. You'll see her in the pink frame that I designed! Bless her cotton socks!

We had a pretty decent run out yesterday, we left work at 7am and got back at 10 to 5!!! I left then and rammed round the M25 to kickboxing and worked like a trojan all night, I did more in the ladies class that I usually do - most nights I'm just too hot and tired, but last night I wore one of my dri-fit sleeveless tops instead of our heavy cotton Tshirts, and I drank lots throughout the second class, so I think that helped. I got hit in the face and the neck, but fortunately no bruises. The rest of me is aching though, but in a good way!

We're off to Yorkshire this evening, to see my Mummmeeeeeee and Daddeeeeeeeeeee. I will be leaving work at half 2, because of the early start yesterday, so I will drag my carcass to the gym and do some weighty things before I fall over!! That will rev me up for a weekend of healthy food, hopefully! We are going shopping in York centre for MOTB outfits! I've seen a pretty trouser suit in Long Tall Sally that Mum will like I think, so we'll go and try that on! DF wants to go travelling on the ftr buses/trams that have just started running there - you can buy bus tickets on your mobile!!! WOW! I'm also taking my trainers with me, so I can get in a cross-country run to train for the 10k!! I haven't run since my first RfL!! I WILL go though - it's up a very steep hill and along some bridleways and down a nice steep hill, through the village where everyone can laugh at me, then back down the farm lane and down a nice fast hill! I'm sure it will be interesting, even if I don't manage to run it all! i'm not sure quite how far it is! I'll G-map it, and I'll take my Navman if it works up there!

Ok, I'm up for an easy Friday, net surfing, eating and filing!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #191  

Quote:
Originally Posted by O U 8 1 2

I bought new swimming costumes today (bargain £3 from Asda and £6.99 from JJB) now I just got to brave the pool and I'm a
He's slightly annoying but I want him to stay. and Lisa the Manc safe for this week as well
Old 05-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #192  

Why do these celebrities lie about their boob jobs? How can they claim it is a mixture of diet and t*t tape? It is always the most flat chested ones who suddenly get the "two grapefruits on an ironing board" look. Do they really think we are stupid and do they really think they look natural???!!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:39 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by O U 8 1 2
and me I've not seen any today 'cos of work

They really have surpassed themselves this year with complete nutters/twats/!@@%"! (Delete as applicable) hahahahaha

Pete the Tourettes boy has my vote at the moment
Old 05-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #194  
Consistency + Balance

I dunno! They might as well tell the truth because everyone finds out eventually. My sister used to swear by eating lots of bananas for keeping her chest large, well.... larger than mine. I keep doing exercises supposed to make them appear larger but it isn't working

Frus, have a lovely time with your parents and I hope your Mum finds something she likes.

Ky, Well done for not taking any You don't need additional stress on top of all the commuting that you do. Are you still walking part of your journey?

I've got to wait until my birthday before I can start any classes. DH asked what I wanted for a pressie and I said a push bike and gym membership for us both - and the new Keane CD which I just found out comes out the day after my birthday. How inconsiderate of them to release it a day late!!!!!

We watched The Libertine last night on DVD - with Johnnie Depp - has anyone else seen it? Not for the faint hearted!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #195  

I'm not walking because as part of this deal of doing the other work, I have negotiated later starts, so I have time to get to the gym first. I wasn't going to agree to this unless there was at least a little something in it for me. So this way, I start an hour later, finish an hour later AND get to travel home with dh and have the evening to myself. The only downside is I have to do a job lower than what I am trained for, and have to deal with idiots all day.

I am so jealous Sarah, that your dh is getting into fitness. Col will walk with me, but won't do anything else. I'd love him to come to the gym with me.
Closed Thread