UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 207/205/140

Height: 5 foot 3

Hi Everyone,

Please can I join in. I've been browsing for quite a few weeks and reading the posts has inspired me to finally get my act together and aim to lose weight. 10 years ago I lost three stone on Weightwatchers and since then I have put back on the three stone plus an extra one and a half stones!!!

I am back on WW and am on Day 5 so I have a very long way to go. I am also exercising, mainly walking. Reading the forums inspired me to have a go at the Walk off the Pounds DVDs and I love them!

You all seem very friendly and supportive which is just what I need as at the moment the weight loss seems like a mountain to climb!
salba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #272  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Joselo people can be such insensitive twits without realising. It may be that in the past you have joined in with their jokes about your weight and social life. Now though you realise how damaging it is to put yourself down all the time you may be noticing this more in others. You are a work in progress and there WILL be ups as well as downs on those darned scales!
Poppy201 New Quay is absolutely gorgeous. Even if the weather is not as good as this week the beaches are awesome and you can always spot dolphins not far out. We have bought a beach badminton set so will have a laugh with that.
Despite my size I have always swum in the sea and got involved with beach games. I find it so sad when you see women much smaller than me in baggy t shirts and a towel reading a book whilst Dad or older siblings have fun with the kids. Get out there and enjoy it! Swim in the sea and snorkel and play volleyball and to **** with what you look like!!
Brid I bet you are melting in this heat with your own on board central heating!!
Lozz why do people find it so difficult when we decline food? What coz I am fat I give you permission to stuff me full of food like a Fois Gras Turkey? And if I say no just say "ok" not get sniffy or mocking! " ooh somebody's dieting!"
Grrrrrrrr!!
Took my size 26 trousers is again today. Had to undo previous stitching and it really brought home how much difference there is in my body shape already even with 7 odd stone to go! They used to be really ....um....snug!
Trying to up the ante to crack 300 on Saturday before we go but knees won't take too much and I will not starve myself!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 255/159/110

Yeah but like JoseLo, you're morbidly obese still talking about BBQ's and drinking?
In your case you should ask yourself, how badly do you want to live and if you decide that you'd like to live, then I'd do EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING to lose the weight.
It's a huge lifestyle change - start going out more, moving more - I know it's a dread, but really - get a notion in your head, that you've gotta change a lot. And I'm only addressing you because I feel that I've been in your shoes, and just looking at this forum I've noticed you're doing a whole lot of talking, but you're weight is not really moving much... ya know?
ieszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #274  
Emily

S/C/G: 154/152/120

Height: 5,4

*pops in* You know, a great way to exercise and have fun without having to do the silly dancing (I am a terrible dancer) is hula hoop. If you buy a weighted one, they're really good and once you get the handle on it, you can watch t.v while doing it
LegsAreWeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #275  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

I'm going to pretend I didn't see that post from ieszka. That's made me pretty angry I was having a great day until then. I'm not going to rant about it as negative comments have no place here. Just because someone isn't loosing weight as quickly as you did doesn't mean they're not trying and making better choices ieszka. Pfft *walks off*
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #276  

Smile Happy Smiley Love

Hello Salba! Welcome , join the party

MW :I am so jealous I cant wait to start "having to take in my clothes" rather than looking in the mirror and trying to convince myself that my jacket is looser

Jose, you are such a darling, and the only thing I can say in regards to people and their off key comments be it on this site or in your social life is this :

Let he without sin, cast the first stone

Please save your energy for your self and well being, rather than giving just one minute of your time to wondering why people make the effort to be negative or put you down, spend that time visualising yourself at goal and actively engaging in a Positive Mental Attitude, do not allow anyone but you to control your emotions! You hear me!

Thanks Emily for the hula hooping tip, I shall be trying that very soon
EmpressMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Hello,
Thank you Lozz *hugs*. My friends wasn't really making fun just about weight or anything, just was making comments I found hurtful about things about me generally. But then again I am a very sensitive person, so maybe I was in the wrong!! I told them I was upset and I think we have resolved it now, I apologise for ranting on again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieszka View Post
Yeah but like JoseLo, you're morbidly obese still talking about BBQ's and drinking?
In your case you should ask yourself, how badly do you want to live and if you decide that you'd like to live, then I'd do EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING to lose the weight.
It's a huge lifestyle change - start going out more, moving more - I know it's a dread, but really - get a notion in your head, that you've gotta change a lot. And I'm only addressing you because I feel that I've been in your shoes, and just looking at this forum I've noticed you're doing a whole lot of talking, but you're weight is not really moving much... ya know?
Was that for me? I was talking about BBQs and drinking because I like to respond to other people's posts, and MW and Lozz had mentioned these things. Of course I want to live, I have a lovely life and like to continue it... I know I am morbidly obese, this is why I am trying to do something about it. I know it is a big lifestyle change, I am working on that. I do get out plenty though, I have a busy work and social life- I'm not some kind of big fat loser or anything. You say I have been talking a whole lots- I hope I haven't been talking too much for anyone's liking, I am sorry if so, I love coming here and posting, I feel it helps me and I like to talk to people here and try and give what support I can. I was under the impression that people liked my contributions. I disagree that I haven't lost much weight, I lost 12lbs so far and I am happy about it and I plan of course to lose more. I don't find this easy, in fact I find it very and extremely hard but I think despite that I am making changes and progress. Thank you for your views though, I guess I am grateful for people wishing to give me advice and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegsAreWeak View Post
*pops in* You know, a great way to exercise and have fun without having to do the silly dancing (I am a terrible dancer) is hula hoop. If you buy a weighted one, they're really good and once you get the handle on it, you can watch t.v while doing it
Hi LAW, that sounds really fun! I LOVE dancing and it is one of my 3 forms of exercise, alongside swimming and walking. I think it is important to do exercise you enjoy, because it can bring more benefit and more likely to stick to, I think this is different for everyone, yes!

Hello Salba, welcome, you are right, there are lovely people here, nearly all!

Awww, Mimi, MW, I said it before and I'll say it again- as a professional sewing machinist, I would alter all your clothes for your losses if you all lived near me I wish! Well done!
xxxx

Last edited by JoseLo; 07-26-2012 at 04:59 AM.
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #278  

EmpreeMimi and JoseLo, many thanks for your kind welcome. I had my first weighin today and lost 2 pounds this week, it's a small start but it made me happy.

Jose I agree with comments made by others - you sound like a lovely person - try not to let others' negative comments get to you. I like reading your posts, they are very honest. We all have good and bad days and it helps to share them. The main reason I joined the forum was because everyone seemed so supportive - so big hugs to you.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Jeszka - Who were you addressing? And why the he|| are you being so insulting? The people talking about a BBQ were saying that they resist the bad foods even though it was tempting, and that's not exactly easy. Everyone here is trying so hard, you don't know anyone here, how the he|| can you judge them? Everyone is doing the best to their ability and I'm not gonna tolerate some random stepping in here and criticizing their 'numbers'. Either get some manners or split.

Last edited by Marchmallow; 07-26-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #280  
Calorie Counter

Default ok little miss perfect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieszka View Post
1. If you had looked and read this thread properly, you would have seen that it was me talking about "going out more" and having a social life in regards to this BBQ. I DECLINED any sort of temptation that day, but not without hurtful remarks and looks. Couldn't care less what they think of me though. They're all, well apart from my gorgeous hubby overweight to some sort of degree. But I don't hate on them for not changing, its their choice and if they do ever decide to try loosing, then I'll offer as much support as I can. It's not my fault they're ignorant at this moment in time.
2. Don't come on here trying to preach that you're better, because you'll be met with comments back like this. What you do is not support. You ridicule and make people upset. And if those people happen to be part of my online family, such as this occasion, you'll be met by people who will not take being spoken AT like that anymore.
3. Yes, some of us are "morbidly obese", duuuh!!! You think none of us had noticed? You think we've NEVER heard that before?! Just because we don't go to the gym EVERYDAY doesn't mean we're not changing our lifestyles. Guess what, some people can't afford or get to a gym everyday. Some people are actually afraid of going outside let alone a gym!!

So.. what I'm trying to say really is STEP OFF!! if you're going to pick on anyone, pick on on me, because I garuntee you won't win. I've lost too much to let a jumped up little oick like you ruin all the progress I've made physically and mentally.

For everyone else, I loves you all and people like this will come and go but need to be told a.s.ap when its not acceptable. *phew*
Old 07-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

If they was including you in it Lozz or MW, they didn't even look at your stats, you both lost loads, no one could claim other wise. Laaawd! I hope this person comes back and explains themself, then either apologises or leaves. I hope she was talking bout me because how could anyone say that about any of you lovely woman, it is untrue and unkind.

Wow, I had to read it so many times because I am not used to messages like that on here, it is not how we are here.

MM, Lozz, everyone, you go girls, I am always happy to be on the side of feisty strong ladies who will not put up with unkindness, I am glad I am not the unwise person on the other end! hehe!

Thanks Salma! Yes, it is a very lovely group here, so you have been reading around a bit? That is good, because it is a shame for you to get a first impression when there has been a little unpleasantness, so hopefully you have seen we aren't usually like this at all. 2lbs is a great start, well done on your first step!
xxx

Last edited by JoseLo; 07-26-2012 at 11:14 AM.
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #282  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Ieszka was there a particular reason that you seem to have singled us morbidly obese types out to pick on?
The fact that we use this website means that we look to our fellow fat chicks for advice and support and...yes...the odd b*ll*cking.
What is entirely conterproductive is for someone to try to shame us into losing weight. That just does not work.
I am FULLY aware of the amount of weight I still have to lose but as I have lost over 3.5 stone on 3 months simply by eating less, doing more and getting my head in the right place I think I am doing OK thanks very much.
To the others.....thanks for sticking up for us!!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #283  

I know I'm a newbie but I just had to say - Well said Mountain Walker, Lozz, Empress and Marchmallow! I totally agree with you, we're all in the same boat and are here to support one another.

Jose, I can definitely see that the majority of posters are positive and supportive and won't be put off by a lone negative person. I felt annoyed with that post aswell as I thought it was totally inappropriate, uncalled for and counterproductive. I think that poster has been firmly put in their place by people who support you and each other and I am glad.

x
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #284  
Calorie Counter

I think what annoyed me most was the lack of manners and just ripping into individuals who they've never even bothered to say hello to.

I'm not sitting by and letting someone talk about me or any of you like that. This person obviously has nothing better to do than sit on their arse and hate on people who are still loosing weight regularly and have lives to live.

Anyway, enough of the negative crap. If they come back more fool them!! I'll if I have to.

On a happier and more random note... Hot hot hot!!! *phew* I've been drinking spoo much water... That's not a bad thing tho of course. And 3 days with no caffeine... I'm not even missing it lol
Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 180/165/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LozzCowell View Post
I think what annoyed me most was the lack of manners and just ripping into individuals who they've never even bothered to say hello to.
Yeah, this. Maybe she was just going for tough love - or someone once said that to her and that helped her - but a bit of a strange/harsh post to single someone out when you've never even said hello to them! Dangers of the internet, innit.

JoseLo, "professional sewing machinist"? Is that your job? Ugh, I wish I knew how to use a sewing machine - I struggle sewing buttons back on!

I would love to see dolphins, MW! Sounds like it's going to lots and lots of fun. And, yes, you're so right, always get involved and enjoy yourself.

Is everyone looking forward to the Olympics? I'm already a bit fed up of them cos my job is quite heavily involved with them at the moment, and it's causing a lot of work and I'm not sure how it's going to go!
But I'm escaping to Paris on Monday for four days, so looking foward to that. Though concerned about staying on plan... Definitely, definitely do not want to binge, but am assuming I will not lose if I'm drinking wine every night.
Poppy201 is offline   Reply With Quote