UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 180/165/140

Height: 5'8

Hello, can I join please? This seems like a great thread. I've used your template from the previous thread, in case anyone wants to know a bit more about me. Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!

Most Recent NSV: I had to google NSV! Umm... last night I wore a dress that previously has been very tight on me - to the point of being uncomfortable - and it felt like it fitted me more like it should and wasn't digging in any more. I also think I've noticed a general improvement in my fitness, and I'm not getting so out of breath any more on stairs and when doing exercise vids.

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: This doesn't seem to be so much of a set time limit challenge any more...more a support thread. I've put my end goal as 140lbs, since that's a healthy BMI for my height. But I'm not so concerned with the numbers, really - as long as they go down! I just want to feel good about myself and confident and above everything else STOP binging.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Try not to binge. Try to identify factors that trigger a binge and work out ways of avoiding them. Don't get into an all or nothing mentality and think if I'm not binging I can only eat 800 cals of salad for days on end. Exercise 3 times a week. (I struggle with this!)

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I want to get into exercise more, definitely. At the moment it feels like a massive challenge and I don't enjoy doing it. I used to walk to work every day (about 20mins each way) but our offices are moving, so from tomorrow I'm getting the bus. I going to miss the walks! I don't want to turn completely sedentary. I'm also going on holiday in September with my boyfriend and I'm already worried I will overdo it on holiday, come back feeling fat, and then start binging since I've already "messed up", anyway.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I haven't really told anyone in real life that I'm trying to lose weight (apart from boyfriend) so I think this forum could be really, really helpful for me, especially as you all seem so nice!
Poppy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Welcome again Poppy!

Quiet here right now, no? I am doing OK, weighed myself today, 3 more lbs down!!
xxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #243  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Well done Joselo!!! Well on your way now!Are you finding it easier to manage your calorie intake? I guess you must be!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Hello Poppy, and nice one Jose!

MW, I've been poking through Jose's mfp, and he seems to be getting a lot better at not going for the processed carb options. Clearly it's helping! You should sign up there too, it's fascinating (in a slightly worrisome stalkerish way) to see what everyone's eating.

All goes well in pregnancy-land, although I was intending to just maintain my weight at the moment yet seem to have dropped down to 14st 0.6lbs. I shouldn't get my hopes up, but seeing 13 on the scales would be amazing...
Unfortunately I hear babies need nutrients, they can't be properly constructed purely out of my fat stores. Alas!
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #245  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain walker View Post
Well done Joselo!!! Well on your way now!Are you finding it easier to manage your calorie intake? I guess you must be!
Well, suppose I am getting more idea about what should be eating but to be honest it is still an extremely difficult daily battle with my appetite! wonder if it will always be this hard, hmmmm. I din't think I have had a totally care free privileged life but this is amongst the hardest things I ever did!! The weight loss is a boost though, getting on my way to the first stone, I am trying to look carefully to see if I can notice much difference.

Just saw you there Brid... have you had much advice from the dr yet about eating in pregnancy?
xxx

Last edited by JoseLo; 07-17-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #246  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseLo View Post
Just saw you there Brid... have you had much advice from the dr yet about eating in pregnancy?
Yeah, when I first got in touch with the midwife service I said I could use a few pointers about healthy eating, and someone rang back the other day for a chat about it. I rather got the impression they're more used to people with terrible diets not knowing how to eat healthily, rather than healthy eaters worried about not eating enough. Basically I just need to keep doing what I've been doing, and make sure I eat whenever I'm hungry.

Of course, noticing that I'm hungry can be a bit troublesome: I've got very good at blocking hunger out over the past few months. And I'm still not relishing the idea of gaining - ideally about twenty pounds or so. First proper midwife appointment is in four weeks, and I'm sure they'll give me a good telling-off if they don't think I'm eating enough!

As for battling your appetite, I promise if you stick to it then it will get easier. It just takes time for your body to adjust, and even more time for your mind to adjust. How many pounds are you down now? Is this new three on top of the nine already? Getting very close to your first stone! Any ideas how you're going to celebrate it?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #247  
mountain walker

Joselo your appetite does reduce, especially when it comes to carbs I find. And you rstomach becomes full on less as it is less stretched. I would also say as a binger extraordinaire you begin to recognise fulness and true hunger much better rather than the "what can I eat now" feeling.
Keep going you are doing great!!
Brid glad all is well with impending little person. A few pounds is not going to send you back to where you were. Remember YOU are in control now not the voice telling you to "eat eat eat" !
Just walked the dogs in the piddling rain.....again......WILL IT EVER STOP RAINING??? On the upside, wearing a coat and Jungle Formula meant I didn't get bitten!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #248  

Rain for forty days and forty nights - in the Bible they called it a disaster, in the UK we call it summer. Apparently the wossname stream's starting to move north again, so fingers crossed for some sun soon!

I don't know who's in control right now but it's certainly not me - What To Expect is not kidding when it says the first trimester's a bugger for mood swings! The boyfriend's coping admirably so far though, and yesterday went on a massive cleaning spree just so I'd have less to ***** about. Also yesterday, I had my first bout of randomly feeling sick when trying to eat. Maybe omelettes will have to be off the menu for a while.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #249  
mountain walker

You may be one of those fortunates who doesn't get much sickness. I didn't need a pregnancy test.....I started to throw up which gave me a clue!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #250  

Aah, I hope you have a pregnancy with not too much suffering!! Mood swings, I'll try to remember to stay on thr right side of you Brid, hehe!

Glad you enjoyed your walk MW, I hope the monsoon season stops soon! hehe.

I just heard it is the school holidays next week. I am really worried because I don't know if I can go swimming with all those children about. 1 week might not be so bad but what happens when it's the summer holidays? Hmmmm
xxx
Old 07-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #251  

Most swimming baths have adults-only swimming sessions. You're not the only person who doesn't like kids in the pool! Next time you're there pick up a leaflet with the opening times, it should have all the various different sessions listed.

Boyfriend is handling the mood swings by cooking me steak. I could get used to this!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #252  
mountain walker

Joselo pools in Wales have free swimming in the hols for kids so it is a pain in the bum if you want to swim in the day. However going before 10 or after 4 is lovely! Our adults session ( is it me or does that sound a bit....em.....dodgy?) is 9.30.to 10.30 much to late for old ladies like me who need their beauty sleep! I am soooo a morning person!
IT HAS STOPPED RAINING! I have walked the dogs twice now and not got wet!!!!! Apart from the mud splashing up! Our puppy is almost at the stage where I will be able to let her off and trust her to come back!
This summer is the first year I will be able to enjoy the full 6 weeks with my kids. Last year I had given up work but my mental health wasn't good. Now things are really settled I am so looking forward to it. Does anybody have plans to go away? We are going to New Quay in West wales, we swim in the sea( brrrrrr), kayak and generally have a ball. And despite having a long way to go I will be feeling much better about being in my cossie!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #253  

Ah, i shall enquire about the adult only sessions... hehe, sounds saucy, indeed! Seriously though, glad you are feeling better in your swimming costume. You sound very positive.

In other news, I got chatting to a lovely man on MFP- he is a gay guy like me and he used to weigh about 500lbs and had problems with binge eating... but now he is a healthy weight!! He is really inspirational. I have been talking to him about how he acheived that. It is clear that for people with real emotional/behavioural issues around eating habits, the support and change has to be a lot from that side, not just diet. He told me about how you have to love yourself the size you before you can change it. He seems like a great person to know, am happy I did.
xxx
Old 07-21-2012, 05:02 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

What a great guy for you to speak to, Jose, someone that's been in your exact situation, and can give you advice from his personal experiences. What kind of things did he do? Did he follow any kind of exercise plan, what were his calories? 500lbs to healthy is so impressive. You'll be there soon, too!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #255  

Well, I didn't yet talk to him so much about diet because so far we mainly talked about how he got to the emotional state taht allowed him to lose weight. It sounds like he had lots of counselling and also medication to surpress appetite. It looks like he eats quite a lot but low cal food. The totals are still quite high but I think he must do lots of exercise and things, whatever he is doing it is totally working!

I don't know if I'll be there soon as such, but it gives me hope I can get there. I contacted him because I was having a bad day (The Day of 3 Boxes of Cadbury Fingers!!! THIS is why I think I might not get there so soon D: ) But that is why it is good to talk to someone who has done stuff like that himself in the past, he knows what it is like, because most people find it hard to understand how you could even do something like that... ooops!!

Anyways, am very happy today! Going out to meet a friend for a coffee locally then get my newspaper. Then I have to stop by work for a bit, but Saturdays are always nice. I hope you are well too MM, I missed you on here *hugs*
xxx

Last edited by JoseLo; 07-21-2012 at 05:43 AM.