UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

I don't think her 'tough love' feels very loving, I don't know about anyone else but I just do not respond to that sort of thing at all, it doesn't help me. I like honesty, I really do, but not nastiness.

Yeah, I mean my job is mending and altering clothing and also making things which we sell in the shop, also helping in classes and for people who come in and like to learn or use the machines. I love my job, it is very useful skill too!

What is your job Poppy? I must admit the Olympics are of no interest to me-I mean, I admire that the athletes can do all that and everything, but dislike watching sport almost much as I dislike playing sport, haha! I hope you enjoy your holiday, sounds wonderful! Is it a romantic break? When I went on holiday, I had a few nights off drinking because I know I have less control when I've been drinking!! It is a balance I guess, you want to have fun on holidays, but not sabotage the efforts!

I am having a lie in, I am so exhausted, I think maybe because I ate not so much the last 3 days, I am desperate to lose the 2lbs I gained. I am going to weigh myself later. The good news is, I found some scales in the big Boots in town that go up to my weight, so I don't need to travel as far as I had been, just to weigh myself, because it was proving a bit of a hassle... mind, it is far less discrete than the one in the clinic I was using, so it depends on whether I dare! I am sure I can... suck it up!!

Glad you are enjoying the warm weather Lozz, maybe send us some in the North? hehe! Well done on the caffeine withdrawal!
xxxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #287  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

OK I admit it....I am really looking forward to the olympics..... may be it is because I don't live in London!!!
Also my little boy has done alot about it in school and that has sort of upped the anticipation level! As we are on hols next week we will only catch an hour or two in the evening.
Went to the Gower yesterday just past Swansea. It is lovely and only takes an hour to get there. We were in the sea by 9.15........brrr!! We had a fab time and came home thoroughly exhausted. It was a good way to prepare for our holiday. Please please please let the weather be OK next week!!
Joselo I bought a sewing machine a few months ago and went to a beginners sewing class which I found most helpful. My Mum was an amazing seamstress but sadly hasn't passed it on to me!! I am still practising getting a seam straight!
Have a good day peeps.
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #288  

That's fab MW, I wish you lived in the same city, you could come to our workshop space and use our things and get advice and help! As it is, please feel free to ask me if you want any help or anything. Sewing is so great!!!!
xxxxx
Old 07-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #289  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Thank you so much Joselo.
Well off on hols tomorrow so probably won't post for a week.
Keep on the straight and narrow youlot.....and move that butt!!!!!
Hugs
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 180/165/140

Height: 5'8

No, JoseLo, you're right - I don't think this is the place for the tough love, but was just trying to work out where she was coming from! Your job sounds fun! And very skilled. How did you get into that? I'm always very envious of friends that can knock up dresses and the like. I work for the BBC producing subtitles for the deaf. It's interesting (most of the time) but can be stressful with long hours. The Olympics is terrifying (to me at least!) cos there's so many athletes and terminology to teach the software.
Did you end up weighing yourself? I'm sure you will lose those 2lbs soon. And you're still lighter than when you started!

No, I'm going to Paris with my old flatmate from uni so not romantic. Should just be a lot of fun, I hope. Just have to get through my weekend at work first! It's only three days so I'm hoping to be OK with not going crazy with food. I think I'll be OK with not eating bad things when I'm drunk, I'm just a bit anxious (OK, pretty anxious!) it will trigger a binge when I return. I haven't binged in 8 weeks! Urgh, part of me almost wishes I wasn't going. (Which I know is ridiculous.) But I feel fairly in control and the moment and I can't bear the thought of falling off the wagon cos of a three-day break!

MW - hope you had a lovely time on your hols! (Since I guess you won't see this till you get back.) Hope the weather stayed good for you and you saw some dolphins!
Poppy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #291  

Morning!!
Poppy, I got into sewing because when I was a teenager there was a big craze for customising your clothes, and I was into that, I suppose especially since I've always been into fashion and love to find my own style and dress up... especially since big men's wear tend to be so ugly!!! It is a useful skill. So I got more into crafts and everything. Mi mamicita knew how to sew and alter things and she showed me. I didn't do well academically at school (i am not so brainy!!) but I loved doing this and being creative, so I got a City and Guilds qualification at college, then begin my career! I love it!! I am learning to make clothing from scratch, my boss is helping me with that. One day I hope to make all kinds of fashions, including for plus size and big people. I might be trying to lose weight but I totally disagree with the idea that overweight peple don't care about clothing or shouldn't be able to look nice.

Awww, have fun in Paris!! So jealous... are you going to see the Moulin Rouge?? I would do that!! What have you planned? I know what you mean about triggering a binge,- I went on holiday with friends recently, i didn't like to show myself up so I ate mostly quite controlled (by my standards!) But when I got home I basically ate terribly for 3 days, because I had found it hard being so restrained and I snapped a bit. Had been thinking of all the things i wished to eat but couldn't!, and I felt the urge to eat all the things I thought I'd 'missed out on'. I would say try and eat balanced but don't deny yourself things to much. it is a holiday after all! I think it is less about what you eat, but feeling you are in control. Hope that helps!

xxxx
Old 07-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #292  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Poppy - you'll love Paris!! I've only been once when I was a teenager, but it was great fun! Make sure you go up the Eiffel tower. That's so scary lol.

So... I can see the .1 on my ticker!!! Omg!!! I'm Dow. 1.2lbs since last week. It seems to have slowed down... But as long as that number keeps getting lower than I'm not going to complain. I think once I start getting some more exercise in, now that work has calmed down, I should start seeing good results again.

I'm loving the Olympics!! I really enjoy the gymnastics, men and women... But men mainly, muscles... Nom!! And the equine competition too. I'm a horsey person anyway lol.

So, I got a tax rebate back dated from 6 years ago, £400 worth... And I've spent it... Ok I used some of it on bills like a good girl... But I bought so many clothes and a new pair of shoes for work which I really needed, so I didn't waste it all. The best part was asking for a top in an ever smaller size... I've done down a total of 4 and jumped down two at a time. Only thing is... The bottom half of my body is the same size... I mean I'm losing weight on my legs, but the top of my thighs and hips are still more or less the same. I wonder when they'll start catching up... Any ideas guys? Lol

I hope everyone is having a good weekend too. I'll be updating the spreadsheet again tomorrow night. I'm just gonna keep doing it because I like seeing how much I've lost and how far I've come every week. It keeps me inspired.

Xxx
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Lozz - I had to drop thirty five pounds before shifting a jeans size from 22 to 20. Still haven't made it into an 18 despite being nearly sixty pounds down. So be prepared, it may be a long wait. I guess you're losing off your top half first? I haven't dropped a single size on top, so you're beating me there.

14st 3.2 today, so I'm still doing alright - been maintaining between 14st 1 and 14st 3 all month. Forgive me not being around much; all my losing-weight energy seems to have been refocused into worrying-about-baby energy. But even if I'm not around much until it's born, it's all good, because that means when I do the shifting-all-my-baby-blubber thing you can all astound me with how awesomely you've done.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #294  

Hi Lozz... wowowow! Am so jealous! Even more pounds lost, and many £s gained, hehehe! That is fab, glad you enjoyed spending it!! I can see why the lack of loss in your lowe half is annoying, but they do say storing fat in your hips is much less unhealthy than in your belly. Plus curvy hips, smaller waist is generally considered a nice look! Can I get involved in the spreadsheet? How can I?

Brid, glad you doing well, I know you got lots to think about right now!

I told my boss I need to talk to her tomorrow, so I can't chicken out. I am going to tell her about the time i need free for my weight management sessions that the dr refered me to.I am really nervous to tell her, I don't know why, just am xxx
Old 07-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello lovely Losers. Hope everyone is well and still in that saddle. Welcome to any newbies too!

I've been madly busy with work as well as getting happily into the Olympics - been to the park and am off to an event tonight too.

Staying on target has been a battle. I've been up and down a bit but still within the 3lb range SW allow me. I did think about maybe going for another half a stone but have decided that might be overdoing it so am just aiming to maintain for the time being.

I saw some rather rude comments a few pages back. Just wanted to say that those posters should walk a mile in our shoes before casting their stones. Losing weight isn't easy and no matter how you're doing it, as long as you're trying then it's a good thing. At the same time, we all still have to live and if that includes BBQ's and a drink (you all know I like my drinkies! ), then so be it! Making healthy choices doesn't mean you can't do these things.

Big Losery hugs to you all x
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone! I just noticed that my last post here was flaming that rude little interloper, haha. But I wanted to update that I'm down another pound, making me 159lbs! Hello 150s!! Two more lbs and my total loss will be 40lbs, I can't wait! I'm past half way and so stoked. Just wish it would come off a bit quicker!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #297  

Hi Elliemar! I always admire the maintainers, that must be a challenge. Just getting on with living your life, but sticking to specific number, that is tricky! Glad you doing well and also enjoyng the Olympics. The football is happening in newcastle it is very busy here!

Oh MM, that is just fabulous, you are going milestone after milestone. That must be so great!

I told my boss about needing some evenings off for weight management sessions (starts 20th Aug!!). I found the conversation very upsetting, because she asked why, and I said I had a note, which I gave to her, and just said that the doctor wants me to do this weight management thing. I said I hoped it didn't seem like I was demanding all this just for some diet class, that is was important for me. Then my boss said she was not annoyed at all, in fact she was happy for me doing it because she had been worrying about me a bit because she noticed I was finding it difficult when I have to bend up and down and kneel down (a whole lot of that goes on in my job, measuring people and things, if you an imagine!!), and on a personal level she had been concerned too, but did not want to say anything. I found that really upsetting because I hate the thought of people worrying about me, and the fact she seemed to be saying it impacts on my job. That is very hard to hear, it was awful. But she was very nice and I am glad it is out the way and I hope if it is ever mentioned again it will be in a positive way for people to say they noticed my progress!!

On the plus side I haven't had takeaway in over a week!! This is a really big acheivement for me!!! I am reeeeealllyyy fancying some pizza or fried chicken, but I am not going to, I will try and make it 2 weeks!!
xxxx
Old 08-05-2012, 05:56 AM   #298  

Why so quiet? Where is everyone??

I don't know if anyone sees this but... I LOST A STONE!!! I am getting a tracker I think
xxx
Old 08-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #299  

Test...Yay, got a ticker, not I have something to put on it! Fly,little butterfly!

Last edited by JoseLo; 08-05-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Nice one, Jose! Now, how are you going to celebrate? (And don't say with cake!)
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote