UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #121  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

joselo it is really hard on holiday to keep any sense of proportion so you did very well. Don't beat yourself up about your binge. You are home now, back with us on 3fc and the only way is up......or down...if you see what I mean!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Jose, you did so well on your holiday! I am impressed that you only had one blip. many people that go on holiday go for an all-out blowout (a friend of mine did recently and set herself back terribly). And to top it off, you had a great time!

I can empathise with you not wanting to go out into the craziness of London after a long day. I did what you did last year, and I shared a hostel room there with three friends (I stayed in the Strand Continental, where did you stay?) and I stayed in the room while they went out at midnight. The difference is, they all had huge KFC takeouts while I was packing my suitcase and listening to music, haha!

As for the urge that you say you're having - take a long few moments to think about why. Is it because of the change of environment, are you feeling the post holiday blues? Do not let food have the power over you as some sort of comfort tool. Because it isn't. Think about the harm that binge-eating does to your health, your weight loss attempt and your self esteem. Just focus on how proud you're going to be later on when you tell all of us how you were tempted, but resisted - because you can do it and you're strong. Take a walk and drink a big glass of water. We believe in you. <3
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Awwww, thank you all!

I definitely did plenty of dancing, we had some AMAZING nights out (I even got a kiss, ME, seriously!! heheheheheee!), and I was so happy that I resisted pigging out when drunk!! Aww, MM, I am so glad I am not the only one who found the pace of London hard! I just wish I had resisted eating. Like you say Brid, maybe I can get away with this one, but it is embarrassing with friends I am not great with disposing of food packing when I have serious binge... it is like I don't want to think about or acknowledge it so I just hide the packets somewhere. Of course though before leaving my friend Hannah was tidying very carefully and found like, several chocolate bar wrappers and packets from crisps/sandwiches etc down the side of my bed. She didn't say anything, she is nice like that, but she saw... cringe

On a not particularly related note, and a happier one, I found out that a new show is coming to London, from Broadway... Bring it On the Musical!!! If anyone does know, Bring it on was a film about rival cheerleaders, I used to ADORE that film in my teens, I knew all the chants and everything... OK I still DO!! I was so excited about a stage show of it, my friends were laughing at me so much at how delighted I was!! I would definitely go back to London if it was to see that.

I don't know why I feel the need tonight, just it is like I feel I have been resisiting all week and I have an urge for blow out. I'm just thinking of all the nice things I wanted to eat but didn't. I need to think of something else to treat myself. Sadly, with this weight loss thing, it involves sometimes not being able to have the foods I want and I still really really want to have cake, biscuits, SWEETS, fast food etc. Hmmm.
xxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Jose - if it were me, and I were craving really badly, I'd sit down and have a think and pick just ONE of the unhealthy foods I wanted - preferably the lowest calorie one - and have a small portion. I don't have binge-related issues to contend with though, so it's a bit different. Do you think you'd be able to cope with just one small thing, or would it be too risky right now?

Also, I'm usually checking in here every half an hour or so (oh, the joys of being unemployed) so if you need help resisting do give me a shout. And remember, all those nice foods, they're not going anywhere. Today isn't the last time you'll ever have chance to eat them. Put them off for now, and tell yourself maybe tomorrow, if you're still craving. And then when tomorrow rolls round, tell yourself the same thing again. You can do this.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #125  

That is true... I hate to think of life without my nice food ever. Unfortunately I've already had 2 Greggs' pasties and a sausage roll. But I will try and stop there! Thanks *hugs* xxx
Old 06-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #126  

Urghhh, after having a poorly tummy early this morning, I didn't eat until after noon - but I've made up my calories all right. 1405, with a protein feast and roasted vegetables for dinner! But.. that was two and a half hours ago and my stomach still really hurts from eating too much at dinner! I remember this feeling of being stuffed, and I used to accept it and think it was normal.. but I realise now, as I'm lying on my back and feeling like a bloated balloon, that it's really a horrible feeling and I should have stopped eating sooner. I didn't even finish what was on ly plate and I'm this stuffed - that's how big it was! Check it out on My Fitness Pal!!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #127  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

Flying visit to say bye bye! I am leaving for my summer job on Friday morning, and have a mad day tomorrow preparing for it. Then my life, including food and exercise are somewhat up in the air until mid August. I'm taking a break from the scales, and going to do my best to make good choices from the canteen (provided free and no cooking facilities of my own) and do my damn best to work out a workout routine once I've seen what I have available to me. Thne, I hope when I'm back, I'll see a happy number!

Keep up the great work people! Might get on while I'm away, might not, I really don't know about internet access and time and such things!

byeeeeee x
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #128  

Awww *hugs* I am sure it is OK... you can get away with a big meal occasionally I think. That is an interesting point you raise; about thinking being very full is normal and educationg yourself out of that. I frequently eat til it is almost painful. I just don't know why or how I got to this as desirable. I hope you enjoyed the meal anyways despite after effects. We love you MM xxx

Today has not been good, I don't have any excuses, it was just awful. Oh Gosh. I am going to face the scales tomorrow, I hope it will be OK. And then I am making a doctor's appointment because I am really desperate for help about this becuase I would be doing OK with this if it wasn't for having days where I just have massive binges, and that is 2 in a week. Not only is it ruining my diet, but they make me feel so so awful
xxx

Last edited by JoseLo; 06-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by takingcontrol View Post
Hi all,

Flying visit to say bye bye! I am leaving for my summer job on Friday morning, and have a mad day tomorrow preparing for it. Then my life, including food and exercise are somewhat up in the air until mid August. I'm taking a break from the scales, and going to do my best to make good choices from the canteen (provided free and no cooking facilities of my own) and do my damn best to work out a workout routine once I've seen what I have available to me. Thne, I hope when I'm back, I'll see a happy number!

Keep up the great work people! Might get on while I'm away, might not, I really don't know about internet access and time and such things!

byeeeeee x
Best of luck TC hope it all goes well for you xxx

Jose, welcome back to the forums. You were missed! Glad you had a lovely time away.

Sorry to hear you've not had a good day however, but remember that tomorrow is always another day to start afresh! Maybe that Dr's appointment is a good idea
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #130  

Good luck TC!! x

Jose, you're such a sweetheart love you too! And as for the tummy pain after eating a lot.. if you frequently eat to that extent, you are training your stomach to hold greater capacities of food, and what does that end up as? Hunger - ever increasing hunger. Your stomach requires more and more to feel full. So that's why it's a good idea to not eat till you get that horrible stretched feeling. The way to do that is make smaller portions of food so that you don't have enough food on your plate to give you that horrible feeling even if you eat every scrap. Easier said than done, I know, but the old trick of using smaller plates can really help.

And yes, yes, go to the doctor about it! Not only will he refer you to the local weight management scheme in your area, but if you mention your emotional attachment to food then he'll likely refer you to a therapist, too. All of us here love you and will advise and support you as best we can, but a real therapist will really make a difference.

Oh! And don't forget to get back in that swimming pool this week! <3
Old 06-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #131  

Best of luck also TC xx

Thank you so much MM... I will try again tomorrow. I am realising I still have a long way to go with this, there is no miracle change, the change this time is I will keep going. I just feel so bad.

I am calling the doctor tomorrow. And the day after, i will swim! I hope to get back into that. Also weigh myself tomorrow.

I have to thank you all so much, I know I keep saying, but people, in my experience, can get sick of me in this way- they are supportive of my diet, but the same old story i fail and keep slipping up and they lose patience with me and don't like to put effort into being supportive if i am not making an effort with thr diet. It is me throwing it back in their face. I understand that. I just feel so sorry for that reason when I do this, and I am so humbly grateful to you all for putting up with me!

On a happier note, did I tell you I got a KISS?? OK, is probably sound very bad but it did make me feel good about myself that someone wanted to kiss me hehehehe xxx
Old 06-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Yes, you did tell us about the kiss - but we don't mind you telling us twice cos things like that are always great at showing us we're not on the scrapheap and that we are fab!

As for your binge issues, have a sit down and really think about why you do it, when and what are the triggers. That's the first step to avoiding said triggers and then the binges, especially if they make you feel that bad. I find that avoiding having trigger foods around helps. I had a monster binge yesterday to celebrate my latest loss and feel dreadful today - bloated and sluggish - and wish I hadn't done it. The trouble with me is there seems to be no off switch - once I start I don't stop but if I only have a little treat around the place then I can only eat that little thing. Maybe do one of my other thigns - promise yourself a little blow out once you reach a mini goal. It's all about re-training yourself and your habits and the more you manage this, the less you'll feel like going mad. Your hol sounds fab btw.

Well done the ladies falling into the overweight catefory - great feeling, isn't it? What a fab motivator as well. keep at it!

TC - good luck and we look forward to you dancing back into the room!
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Just a short post to say I have FAILED UTTERLY at healthy eating today. Was planning tea and cake with an old friend. Cake was awesome, some sort of toffee explosion. Except all of a sudden it was 6pm - after an 11am start - and I'd picked up seven stamps on a brand new loyalty card, and the sun had come out and we were MELTING and Belgian fruit beers were deemed necessary. Heading to the pub involved passing the chip shop, and the smell of vinegar so nearly got me. Decided to go the healthy option (after two pints) and make chips and beans at home. Got home to discover boyfriend had bought the two biggest steaks known to man.

I seriously think I may actually explode. If I never post again you'll know I've died of steak. Oh god, I'm not sure I can even move.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #134  

It is severely flooded all over Newcastle!! Oh my Loooord!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #135  

Brid, it's okay - one day of blipping isn't going to ruin your efforts. we're all allowed the occasional indulgence!

Jose - I heard on the radio that Newcastle was flooded and I thought of you! Hehehe, you won't need to go to the pool, you can just swim down the street. ;D

I already posted about it on MFP, but I bashed my knee good and proper yesterday, by climbing a cemetary gate after hours to get my stupid cat! It's all swollen up and going blackish-purple today, haha!