UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

I wish wish wish i could say KFC bargain bucket! Now, I hadn't even much thought about it... I think I am going to treat myself to some luxury bath products! Philosophy bath creme would be nice. I think I'll go to Fenwicks and have a look... maybe get a small piece of cake too, hehehe
xxxx

Last edited by JoseLo; 08-05-2012 at 06:44 AM.
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #302  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

hello did ya miss me??
Well done joselo how blinking marvellous!!!!Hope you enjoyed your lovely relaxing bath with special stuff!!
Lozz 296 looking good kiddo! You probably need to target your thighs with specific exercises when you have a chance to work on your exercise levels.
MM you are doing so well my lovely.
Well.....now on to me!!
Had a lovely holiday in West Wales.The weather was typically Welsh in that the sun came out a bit between the showers but we only had one day which was truly awful...thank goodness for Monoploy and cards!! We swam in teh sea and played frisbee and did all that kind of beach stuff. And yes the sea was blinking freezing!!!!
Stayed completely on plan for the first 4 days but I think I wasn't eating enough to compensate for all the exercise. I had found a lovely 2 mile walk I did every day too ( strange without the dogs!) Then we all caught a bit of a cold so I am afraid I went wayyyyyyy off plan! Nowhere near what I used to do which I was really pleased about. So all in all I have improved my relationship wiith food but I ain't fixed it quite yet!!
The really really good news is that I can now do my daily 2.5 mile walk without my trekking pole as my knee is very much improved! Yahay!Not weighday until next Sunday so with any luck it will be 4 stone lost and 300 pounds cracked.
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Well done MW, hooray for a better knee!

Jose, massive congrats on losing that stone, that's awesome

I've missed lots of posts so well done to all of you for your achievements and welcome to anyone I have yet to welcome!

I am now 40lb down with 30lb to go and feeling great. Had a lazy week exercise wise last week though, so back on it now. Did an hour on my exercise bike earlier this evening so that was positive. Going to try and manage 4 hours this week, which will be a new weekly record for me haha.

Really want to shift 2 more lbs so I can say I have lost 3 stone.

Saw a relative yesterday that I haven't seen since I lost any weight and she said I looked good. Hooray for compliments.

Hope you are all doing well folks xxx
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #304  
mountain walker

Well done 1987.....it is so lovely when people notice! Of course when you are the size I am it generally takes a good few stone before people realise there is less of you!!
Hubby has been great for noticing...and daughter it really helps!!
Now get your butt on that exercise bike and shift that stubborn 2 lb!!
Hugs to all
Old 08-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #305  

That is so wonderful to hear about your improving health and fitness MW, and how this is helping you do the things you love! I am glad the holiday was good. Have you weighed in since?? I bet all the walking meant some losses, even if you did havesome treats! (It is a holiday after all!)

I am going to buy my bath stuff today, shall report back!!

Glad you making good progress too 1987, 3 stone is amazing, must be wonderful to have people notice!

Oh wow, MW, me and you both! I lost a ston now and I have been asking people 'notic anything different??!!' and they CAN'T, then I say I lost a stone and they have to pretend like they can see any difference, hahaha!!! How much do I have to lose before people notice? Ihope it is soon!!

Where is everyone else!!????!!! xxxxxx
Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 216/216/126

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies ... can I come along and join in? I'm new to the forums (I've just put an introduction on the "Introductions" page. I'm from the UK and would love to be involved with your challenge if I can, to help with my motivation and my sanity
TheCrystalFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #307  
mountain walker

Hey crystal fairy....groovy...welcome!!
We need all the members we can get!! Where are you in the UK?
How much weight do you want to lose and how are you doing it??? So many questions!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #308  

Hello! Nice to have you, usually we have more here but it has suddenly gone quiet. I am a man, Ijust thought I will say because people might assume otherwise due to it being mainly women here. The ladies let me join in though, hehehe!! I will go look at your welcome thread.

To reward myself for losing a stone I got a bottle of Philosophy coconut frosting scented bath creme. If I can't eat too many sweet things, i can hav them on my body instead, I'll smell so yummy after my bath!! I am looking forward to relaxing with that later
xxxx
Old 08-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain walker View Post
Well done 1987.....it is so lovely when people notice! Of course when you are the size I am it generally takes a good few stone before people realise there is less of you!!
Hubby has been great for noticing...and daughter it really helps!!
Now get your butt on that exercise bike and shift that stubborn 2 lb!!
Hugs to all
Thank you MW.

Haha I did my cycling today also , so 2hrs down this week and it's only Tuesday. Woohoo! Aiming for another 2 hrs to make it 4.

Welcome Crystal Fairy, we are a friendly bunch so I'm sure you'll settle in just fine!

Jose, your bath treat sounds divine! I love coconut. Bet it smelt amazing.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #310  

Hi Mountain Walker ... thanks for your fabulous welcome!!

To answer your questions, I live in Yorkshire (the place that wins all the Olympic medals ) and I currently weigh 216.4 lbs ... or 15 stone 6 in English. I have a dream to be back at my "happy" weight of 9 stone, but that may be a goal a little too far, but we'll see. I'm just going to take each pound at a time.

As for how I'm going to lose my weight, well - in the past I've tried the Juicemaster diet, where I ate nothing but juiced fruit and vegetables. After two weeks I'd put on seven pounds, so me thinks that's not the diet for me! I succeeded a little at Slimming World in the past, but couldn't stand the happy-clappyness of the group weigh ins. And I put on another three stone since my last group, so maybe the mentality for that wasn't there. So I think I'm not going to follow a specific 'diet' as such - I think the mere word DIET scares the **** out of me if I'm honest. I visualise never being able to eat another pizza or ice cream ever again when I think of diets, and then I panic, and when I panic I eat.

I'm at the end of Day Two now, and I've managed to go with no sugar in my coffee, which is a HUGE achievement (even though I only drank a couple of cups a day), and I've also managed to not eat biscuits. I'm the sort of person who will open a packet of biscuits, take four, go back for another couple, and suddenly within the hour the whole packet has gone and I have to hide the wrapper out of guilt. So I suppose you could say I'm a secret eater.

I'm actually really proud of myself today - every time I've gone into the kitchen to get some food (can't BELIEVE how many times a day I actually do that!!) I've come away with a glass of water. So that has to be a start, doesn't it? Anyway, sorry, I'm waffling.

Moving on - Hi Jose! Maybe it's just quiet because everyone is away sunning themselves on beautiful sandy beaches. Man, I can't remember the last time I sunned myself on a beach, or removed even the slightest item of clothing to allow myself to be sunned! But I digress That Philosophy bath creme sounds divine - I never seem to find the time (well, make the time) for a relaxing bath these days. Maybe after my first stone I will follow your lead and treat myself, too. Congratulations, by the way. A stone is a massive amount of weight to lose - I'm impatient already to hit that target already!!

And finally hello 1987 - I'm so pleased I stumbled across this forum. It's great to meet like-minded folk who know what I'm going through. At home I have total support from my husband in whatever I do, and he loves me no matter what I look like, but somehow that's not the same as speaking to people who know what it's like to be overweight.

Anyway, sorry I've ranted on for long enough. I'll call back each day to say "hi" and have a chinwag. Now I just need to convince myself not to step on the scales until Monday; I'm not going to get weighed more than once a week otherwise I'll go insane
Old 08-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #311  

S/C/G: 180/165/140

Height: 5'8

Hi, everyone, I'm back! Well, I got back from Paris on Friday but work is very busy with Olympics.

MW - Wales sounds great. Good going on getting all that exercise in. Although it sounds like you enjoy it.

1987, 40lbs down is amazing! And it's so lovely when people start noticing and paying you compliments. You must be feeling pretty good about yourself too.

JoseLo - a stone! Congrats. I'm sure people will start to notice soon. Do you ever go to Molton Brown for bath stuff? They have some lovely bubble baths! (Something I treat myself to far too often. I can be in the bath for over an hour with a good book!)

Welcome, Crystal Fairy. I think you sound like you're going for a sensible appoach, not focusing so much on a "diet" and more on changing stuff for the better in your life. Are you going to start counting calories or anything, or just generally make better choices? Even making little changes can affect weight loss, so sugar and biscuits seems a good place to start.

As for me, Paris went well, food-wise, I think. I mostly ate salad nicoise. (And I didn't feel deprieved, the weather was pretty hot in Paris so didn't really want massive hot meals.) Although I did drink quite a lot (OK, a lot!) of wine. As a result, I've only lost 1lb between last Friday and yesterday. I know that's still fine, and every bit counts, and at least it's not a gain... but I still feel guilty...(I'm not sure if that is the right emotion I'm identifying.)

I'm also feeling guilt when I eat out and can't control calories in the same way. Tonight is my bofriend's birthday and we're going to a restaurant and I'm already feeling quite anxious about it. I think the problem is when I'm calorie counting, after dinner, I always feel like I could eat more, whereas in restaurants I feel full and that makes me anxious and guilty. I even considering telling my boyfriend I was sick and couldn't come but then realised how ridiculous (and selfish) that is. Aaagh, no problems with binging still, (thank God) but finding the emotional mind stuff a bit hard at the moment.

What do you all do when you go out for dinner?
Poppy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #312  
mountain walker

Poppy there are all sorts of tricks to avoid meltdown but what works for one...you know how it goes. My biggest thing is not to drink ( I can't now anyway) I have always offerred to drive and being stone sober encourages me to make healthy choices! You could always eat sparingly during the day then you have more of an allowance but you could also go out...enjoy it...and get STRAIGHT back on the wagon the next day...not end up back in bad habit land again.
Crystal Fairy...yes Yorkshire does seem to do well in the Olympics.....less funding to poor old Wales I guess ( only kidding!) I am so glad somebody else has struggled with the " happy clappyness" of SW/WW I always found it soooooo patronising. I am 45....I have been overweight most of my life I KNOW I should have had an apple and NOT a family bag of Maltesers!!!
Your diet sounds intriguing and if I stagnant a stone or 2 down the line I may investigate!
Happy Wednesday Peeps
Old 08-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #313  

Morning all ... just wanted to pop in and say a quick "hi" and Happy Wednesday (although to be honest I spent the first two hours I was up this morning thinking it was Saturday! Wishing my life away)

Hi Poppy, nice to meet you and welcome home. I've always dreamed of visiting Paris. One day, maybe. And well done you for losing whilst you were away. As for tonight, no, don't cancel. I think one thing we all forget is that even when we order a meal at a restaurant, there's nothing to say we actually have to eat everything that's on our plates. Or even half of what's on our plates. Just take it steady and enjoy the birthday celebrations, and if you indulge too much don't beat yourself up. And don't drink!!

Speaking of drinking, MW I remembered I'd cut out something else other than biscuits! How could I forget that dreaded of all evils. Beer. I know going two days without alcohol isn't a big deal to most people, but I think I'd found a rut of a routine, so every evening I sat down with a beer or two. Or a glass or two of red wine. Each night. Every night. Seven nights a week. Damn, I sound like an alcoholic! Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to never drink again, just not going to make it a daily occurrence, just for the sake of it, and just because there's some bottles in the fridge!!

Okay ... m'off out now to see my sister for lunch (she's a WW follower, so shouldn't be too difficult to stay away from crap) and then I think a nice walk over the moor or through the woods. Exercise I believe it's called. Not something I'm familiar with, but I'll give it a try
Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #314  

Hi girliiiieeess!!!!

OMG Crystal Fairy, i know that feeling of the diet freak out!! People say, it is a life long lifestyle change, and that makes me think hardly no more cakes, sweets and takeways etc FOREVER MORE! And that scares me! I think how can I be happy without my treats? Oh wow, I think i need to rememer the many other things in life that make me happy other than chocolate and things. I tried SW too, when I was a teenager, it didn't last long because I found it hard an it was embarrassing because I actually GAINED weight, plus, while I like a little happyclappyness in my life, I did feel it a little embarrassing to get a clap for losing like, 1lb... it's like, oh well only another million to go
Good work in weaning yourself off the sweet things! I hear that once you get used to it, you come to prefer it! I am trying to swap to skimmed milk (I had been having full fat, bad, I know) but I am yet to learn to enjoy it! Great stuff about going for the water only too!! A brilliant start. xxx
Took me bout 3 months to lose that stone, I have found it hard going, but I am very happy... one down, another 17 or so to go... awwww

Well Poppy, if it was me, I would just aim to enjoy myself for the birthday. I'd try not to go too mad but I wouldn't worry too much. Everyone is allowed the odd treat. I am going for a meal for my birthday (4 day till I am 21, just putting that out there big an bold for you all, hahahaha!!) I won't be counting calories!! That said, I am very fat so maybe I am not a good person for advice! I hope you have a lovely time anyways. I think MWs suggestions are very good ones.

I am bad with drink too... I only drink when I am out with friends but when I do I tend to have several. That isn't even the worst bit, the problem is I lose control an definitely going to end up coming home with a whole 12 inch pizza, XL kebab or 3 piece fried chicken meal with hot wings. Something awful like that!!

I hope you have a nice time with your sister CF!

I am off to work now, I want to use the work shop space to finish off some of my designs, getting stir crazy working from home!
See you all later xxxxxx
Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #315  

That came out a bit bigger and bolder than I expected... Oh well, make sure everyone notices, hehe!! xxx