UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Ha ha, I wanted an audience! Well we mostly just introduced ourselves and thought about what we wanted to acheive from it, and some explanation about what to expect in the coming weeks. There was a leader person, and 8 people. Everyone in the class was really quite big, because that was kind of part of the referral criteria. I just loved not standing out as the fattest person like I do in just about every situation ever, so that made me feel really confident and not self concious, which meant it is easier to be really honest about things. The other people was really nice, as was the leeader. Talking about our experiences was kind of a bonding thing because it is personal issues to share!

I explained the many reasons i wanted to lose weight, which can mostly be summed up as the just feel normal, and that I have been trying but progress so far is slow and I felt like I was stalling a bit and wanted help with that. The group was very mixed and had all different stories to tell.

Tonight they are going to tell us about exercises classes that are going to be run (for real beginners like me!!) and talk alittle about nutrition. In the coming weeks there is going to be chance to talk about all kinds of issues that we want like binge eating, mobility, self esteem etc, even one to one if we want. I am going again tonight, I am very happy about it!!

xxxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #347  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Joselo...well done for biting the bullet and it was no where near as bad as you thought eh????
Keep us posted!!!!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #348  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

SOunds bril Jose, well done!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Yay Jose glad you enjoyed it and it was a worthwhile experience. Hope your second session has gone well too
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 250/230/150

Height: 5ft 6inches

Hi Ladies may I join this thread please? what lively discussions you have Iv loved reading them all. I feel really inspired by you all
sue owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #351  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue owens View Post
Hi Ladies may I join this thread please? what lively discussions you have Iv loved reading them all. I feel really inspired by you all
Hi Sue, welcome to the forum!

This thread is a bit quiet at the moment, but we're a friendly bunch so feel free to chime into our nonsense discussions

I see from your profile that you're already 20lbs into your journey, well done on the weightloss so far and best of luck with your efforts.

What strategy are using for weightloss?
Old 08-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 250/230/150

Height: 5ft 6inches

I just cut out bread and do low fat, I cant walk much due to a back operation so exercise is out at the mo
sue owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Hello, from a man. That approach is definitely working for you Sue! I hope we can all help you though on your way should you need it!

I weighed myself today, I try to stick to fridays... I lost 2 more pounds, plus the one I gained lst week!! I don't know if that made me complacent because I went to an event where they were selling snacks real cheap; i couldn't decide between burger, hotdog, or pizza slice, so went for all 3. Then another hotdog.Ooops, i regret that.
I am trying week 2 of trying to do a weekly shop (and not eat it all in a few days... I usually shop daily to avoid this but it just ended up that I was buying too much overall). It went quite well last week, I hope the same again this week, for weight loss and money saving reasons. It is not cheap maintaining a 400lb+ body, as if I needed any more reason!
Thanks, 2nd session went well. I am noting down questions for the leader/group that I think of in between so to get the most from it.
xxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #354  

Jose, glad the 2nd session went well! Hope you make some new friends etc. and will no doubt learn a lot!

NSV: I got me a size 14 dress today and it fits perfectly. Woooohoo

And for the first time in our lives, I weigh less than my younger sister. That's a weird feeling!

Hope you are all having a good weekend folks. Very grateful for the extra day tomorrow!

Last edited by 1987; 08-26-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #355  
mountain walker

1987 that is wonderful! How does your sister feel about you being lighter than her? Is she likely to try to compete?
And welcom sue..I have been having something of a meltdown but have got me self together and am back on track!!!
Rain rain and more rain in Wales.......sigh.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 180/165/140

Height: 5'8

Sounds great, JoseLo. Glad you enjoying it. Please let me know if you get any aha! info about binging from the sessions.

Welcome, sue. Nice to have you here.

1987, I love being able to buy clothes in the next size down! I always think that's a really satisfying bit of weight loss, knowing you can fit into something you would have no chance of fitting into before!

MW, I posted in your other thread, but so glad you are feeling better and are back on track. Well done on not letting a bad day disrupt you totally.

Everyone sounds like they're doing well! I have not been great - I managed to pick up a kidney infection so have been in bed for over a week. It was SO painful. I have never experienced pain like it. Ugh. Anyway, on the road to recovery now, thankfully. Am getting SO fed up and BORED being in the house. (Any recommendations of good things to watch on 4od/BBC iplayer much welcomed!) I obviously have not weighed last week/this week, but can't imagine I've gained as haven't been eating much. Although my boyfriend did bring round a takeaway curry last night to cheer me up. (Yes, I know, I shouldn't be using food to cheer me up! But at least I haven't binged, which I so could easily have done the past few days cos I've been bored.) and it was quite a positive experience - I felt full after eating it, but not uncomfortably so, not guilty, and with no desire to binge. Normally in the past if I had something so high-cal/unhealthy, I would go, "to **** with it, might as well eat everything in sight." I just felt really content and satisfied. Like an "aaaah" feeling. I'm really hoping that's a positive change in me for the future.

(Apologies for the essay!)
Poppy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #357  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain walker View Post
1987 that is wonderful! How does your sister feel about you being lighter than her? Is she likely to try to compete?
And welcom sue..I have been having something of a meltdown but have got me self together and am back on track!!!
Rain rain and more rain in Wales.......sigh.
Thank you

I think she is kinda down about it and her weight in general. She had a baby a couple of years ago so ended up with pregnancy weight etc. I do feel a bit guilty but I know she could lose weight herself if she wanted to. I try to be encouraging but don't want to annoy/upset her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy201 View Post
Sounds great, JoseLo. Glad you enjoying it. Please let me know if you get any aha! info about binging from the sessions.

Welcome, sue. Nice to have you here.

1987, I love being able to buy clothes in the next size down! I always think that's a really satisfying bit of weight loss, knowing you can fit into something you would have no chance of fitting into before!

MW, I posted in your other thread, but so glad you are feeling better and are back on track. Well done on not letting a bad day disrupt you totally.

Everyone sounds like they're doing well! I have not been great - I managed to pick up a kidney infection so have been in bed for over a week. It was SO painful. I have never experienced pain like it. Ugh. Anyway, on the road to recovery now, thankfully. Am getting SO fed up and BORED being in the house. (Any recommendations of good things to watch on 4od/BBC iplayer much welcomed!) I obviously have not weighed last week/this week, but can't imagine I've gained as haven't been eating much. Although my boyfriend did bring round a takeaway curry last night to cheer me up. (Yes, I know, I shouldn't be using food to cheer me up! But at least I haven't binged, which I so could easily have done the past few days cos I've been bored.) and it was quite a positive experience - I felt full after eating it, but not uncomfortably so, not guilty, and with no desire to binge. Normally in the past if I had something so high-cal/unhealthy, I would go, "to **** with it, might as well eat everything in sight." I just felt really content and satisfied. Like an "aaaah" feeling. I'm really hoping that's a positive change in me for the future.

(Apologies for the essay!)
Yessss it's fab isn't it?!

Oh no that kidney infection sounds awful. Glad you are on the mend a bit now though! Hope you are 100% again soon!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #358  
mountain walker

1987 it might help her as you can be an inspiration! From what I know about sisters though there is quite a bit of rivalry.....not speaking from personal experience as I only have a brother and he is an arrogant twit.!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

HI GUYS! I've been so naughty, staying away for so long :x Welcome to the new people, hope you're enjoying the forum! It's nice to see everyone making steady progress and sticking to it! I've been largely on track, though I haven't properly counted my calories in a while

How is everyone?! And JOSE! Well done on getting into that class and doing it! It sounds so like the class that I was in, and the support you get is tremendous. Let me know how the exercise classes go!!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #360  
mountain walker

MM welcome back....how are ya?????
Back on track again now...me and hubby played badminton again yesterday and blow me down if I didn't get about the court rather better than when we first started!
Joselo, I think it's your group again today? Hope it goes well.
Hugs peeps xxx