UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #406  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Oh Brid, the wonders of being a woman!
Well I am doing OK swam 50 lengths today. Why is there ALWAYS a few elderly people in the pool who scowl at me because I can't swim backstroke in a very straight line and I interrupt their conversations??
Sven and Magnus( my 2 arthriticky knees) are very much better! Whoop. I am only taking painkillers at night because regardless of how much or how little I have done during the day, they always piggin ache at night!
I have come to the conclusion that it is much more sustainable for me to do my dog walk every day, swim once a week and maybe the odd game of badminton, rather than commit myself to a Biggest Loser style exercise programme that I can't keep up in the longer term.
I have started a bit of voluntary work at my son's junior school with years 5 and 6. I absolutely love it and am hoping hoping hoping to have an opportunity to train as an LSA. I always thought that other people's kids would get on my nerves but they are wonderful and interesting and very very funny.
We were looking at Twelfth Night as the school are putting on a production of it. The teacher asked for alternative story lines and one girl said" We could make Olivia and Viola gay!!!" Oooh modern kids!!
Wow I have rambled......sorry!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #407  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Brid - bless you. But as long as you know its baby weight then you have nothing in that respect to worry about. Scales hate everybody even non-preggo. Just keep doing what you are doing and looking after that bump!

MW - wow!! 50 lengths is amazing! i struggle to get 10 in, but i do improve every week (other people permmiting). I think your plan on the dog walking, and swimmig once a week is much better, for the time being anyway. Give those knees a break and in time they'll get better.

As for me. Well, i tried doing 30 day shred yesterday, however i wasn't feeling my best. snuffly and groggey really. i think the last week and a half kinda caught up with me. So today, i got up, weighed myself and saw 292.8... so a happy dance was required lol. once that was done i watched some biggest loser while eating my breakfast, got inspired, got off my arse and Jillian kicked it!! But, I feel more relaxed, more content and tired now!! Which is great!! I might get a decent sleep tonight before I go to the jobcentre tomorrow afternoon... Which means leaving the house... Which I'm not happy about, but I need to face it sooner rather than later.

So with that, I'm going to have a lovely bubble bath and watch some baaaaaad tv lol.

I hope everybody is well, and I'll be back tomorrow to fill you all in about my adventures lol
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #408  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hello all!

I've missed so much, so I do apologise for that. I would try to catch up properly with all the posts, but every time I read through them I get lost half way through!

I would like to start by saying a big well done for all of you still plugging away, no matter whether you're seeing good numbers or not just now, you will, you will.

Brid, huge congrats on your news

Jose, well done on taking the plunge with the classes and therapy etc

Lozz, really sorry to hear about what happened with your other half, and that you had to give up work. Hope all is brighter with you soon x

For me life is good, hectic but good! Finally move out of the guest house this weekend and will be fully back on the eating plan once I have more control over what I eat! Exercise is good, as I'm now the proud owner of a push bike and a swimming pool membership, and my hob involves walking around a refugee camp built on a hill 4 days a week, which in this heat and humidity is TOUGH!

I'll try and be on here more, and get back to the weighing in thing again soon...!

Take care all x
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #409  
mountain walker

hey hey TC welcome back we have missed you! How are things in the sunny climes?
I would melt...I swear!
Lozz how did it go at the jobcentre lovely? I am guessing that actually getting there was your biggest hurdle.
I have had some serious stress over the last few days with my benefits being messed up and leaving us even more short of cash than we were ( I didn't think that was ACTUALLY possible!) Then hubby started his job experience with Tesco with a hope of getting a full time job so was a stress monster himself. I am doing a bit of volunteering at my son's school and one of the teachers told me rather brusquely that I wasn't needed tomorrow.
Oh and I am due on.
AAAAAAArrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Just saw a funny vid, 'It Doesn't Count If', to do with dieting.

Worth a watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK_RMlY0PkA
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #411  
Calorie Counter

Hi guys. Sorry I didn't check in last night but I was cream crackered. The job centre went well. Getting there and back was less traumatic than I was expecting... Thank goodness. I've just got back from my real sign on appointment this afternoon, which is at a different place, closer and walking distance, 2 miles round trip.
Walking there was tough, and because I was worrying my legs tightened up. But on the way back I was pounding that footpath!! Felt great!!
Anyway, at this place where I signed on, they also have a small gym... It's lovely!! And they have the sane treadmills as the biggest loser season 10 and I almost squealed!! I've got prices and stuff and as I sign on I get a discount. So its all good.
As for tonight, its the usual swim session.

TC - its great to hear you're having a good time. A pool membership is fab, just make sure you use it

MW - I know how difficult it is when they mess around with the benifits. But apparently they've had a system "upgrade" that has turned out to be so slow it may as well have been a down grade lol.

1987 - I've seen that vid too!! It's doesn't count if its organic!! That made me laugh the most!!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #412  
Calorie Counter

I have a confession to make. I didn't go swimming last night. By 7 o'clock came around (the time I usually leave the house to get my swim on) I was yawning and struggling to stay awake, which is TOTALLY unlike me.
I'm putting it down to the 2 miles I walked pretty quickly yesterday. I worked it out and did about a mile in 18mins... which for walking... and for me is quick.
But don't worry. It doesn't mean I won't be getting my swim on at all. I'm going on monday morning and again hopefully on friday next week.
As I said yesterday, the place where I sign on also has a little gym. It's nice. I plan on going 3 or 4 times a week, along with the walking there and back, and Jillian michaels at home, swimming and a rest day thrown in, I'm hoping BIG results will happen. Now it's just a matter of sorting out some finances and figuring out when I can actually get started.

Right I gotta go. I'm sitting rather uncomfortably and my leg is going dead lmao
Old 09-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #413  
mountain walker

Lozz.....rather sexy photo hun! You are looking gorgeous!
You have got a plan now, I think that is the hardest bit!
I think I have sorted out the benefits thing, I will find out tomorrow. I spoke to a proper human being in the benefits office who actually seemed to care that I would be on the bones of me ar$e this week if it wasn't sorted!
TOM arrived on Friday, now I have lost so much weight the PCOS seems to have sorted itself out and I have a proper cycle for the first time in a zillion years. OK it's a 5 week cycle but who's *****in?
I have managed to walk over 2 miles every day and 2 days I did nearly 5 miles and I am going to content myself with that. I am too scared of aggravating my knees to up the ante any more. Should fit a swim in and a game of badminton if hubby is willing....so I think I will accept that as my regular exercise level for a few weeks.
I am a bit worried as my hair seems to be thinning a bit....when I looked it up I am getting enough protein and vits, my diet is very healthy and I NEVER skip meals. It can be associated with PCOS but that has improved.
Does anybody have any insight for me???????
Love ya hug ya squeeze ya
Old 09-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #414  
Calorie Counter

MW - I've noticed that my hair has been doing that too. But since I stopped working its improved. So I'm putting it down to that. How long has it been happening? Could be something that's stressed you out? Or might be worth trying some different shampoos, a strengthening one like, pantene or the loreal one. I personally like head and shoulders, I've always struggled with my scalp and my hair would grease up super quick. But now my hair is lush!!
Oh and thanks for the comment about the picture... It's actually quite old. My hair is muuuch longer now, but its the only pic I like of myself at the moment. Loads of make up to thank for that
Old 10-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #415  
mountain walker

Hi Lozz,
Thanks for the advice lovely.
I have made an appointment to see my hairdresser on Friday as my hair is a mess anyway so I will get her opinion. It may also be that I used to have very short spiky hair and now I have a midlength bob so am not really used to having hair! How's your exercise going?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #416  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

day one back on plan has been achieved, to an acceptable Thailand standard at least! I hand steamed pork dumplings for brekkie, which probably aren't ideal, but erm, cereal is so damn expensive and milk rank here, and I don't own a toaster or cooking facilities so I'm kind of limited! Had a penang curry for lunch with lots of veggies and steamed rice, and then a plain broth soup with some veg, egg tofu and minced pork in it for tea again with steamed rice, and then as a snack a parmelo, I think the English word is? A fruit similar to a grapefruit but not as bitter.

I've cycled around and I went to the pool and did a few lengths, not so many but I will improve!!

Tomorrow I'm in camp, so will be sweating buckets walking up huge hills and such, but I will continue trying to eat well and snack less! No beer either, had far too much of that over the three days of the weekend, whoops!!

MW - great to hear your benefit stresses have been sorted, money worries are the worst I hope your hubby's work experience is going well. I too suffer with hair loss, but as mine is so thick I try not to worry about it too much, I just hate the regrowth, I'd love silky smooth hair that's all one length minus the frizzy re growing bits all over!

Lozz, how's the swimming going? It sounds like you're really keen on your exercise, I hope it helps you to see the results that you want. I loved loved loved my gym when I got into it, even if the numbers didn't move, I was so thrilled with how I felt I stopped caring (as much).

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week Nearly bedtime here, I'm just going to watch an episode of Dexter and then it'll be lights out in my MASSIVE new bed, yippee!!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #417  

Just updated my ticker, my scales have been 13lbs wrong for agessssss so I've adjusted it. Just incase anyone was wondering how I suddenly gained 13lbs overnight

I have now lost 4 stone, and I am 18lbs from being a healthy weight. Cannot wait.

Last edited by 1987; 10-03-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #418  
mountain walker

OK so I have hit 80lb lost about which I am really pleased.......however the next pound which will take me just past half way eludes me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have plateau'ed a bit. My exercise tapered off a bit when my knees were bad, I had a really stressful week last week so I went wayyyyyyyyyy off plan a few times and I am constipated!!!!!
I have committed to walking over 65 miles this month which I hope will focus my brain again.
I also need to keep a closer eye on my calories as I think it is still sooooo easy to get portion sizes completely screwed up.
Hope all is well with you guys....where are you all???
Old 10-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #419  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

80lbs! Oh, you jammy sod, I am infinitely envious. Amazingly well done! Also happy birthday!

The bugger with constipation is it totally masks fat loss. If your poo habits have decreased, then you're carrying more food weight around with you, and it's entirely possible this plateau is just while your body gets used to the new rate of poo. So don't despair, just eat some prunes. And look forward to a lovely whoosh when things get moving again in there.

Having a surprisingly good week here, with my weight at least. All September it gradually crept up, but this week it's alternated every day between 14st 10 and 14st 10.4. I can live with that, although doubtless it will start going up again soon enough. But I figure if I don't hit 15st until my next scan (three weeks today) then I'm doing grand, since I spent the majority of the first trimester between 14st 3 and 14st 6.

Someone said to me on Tuesday that I look like I've lost weight! Aside from around the middle, obviously. No idea if I have lost extra fat or not though. It would be cool, but it's not exactly at the top of my priority list at the moment.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #420  

Hi guys,

MW, yay for the 80lb lost - that's fab

Brid, glad you are happier with your weight and hooray for the compliment

I am feeling pretty good about myself at the mo. Got some new winter clothes this weekend and they are size 12! All of my 2 week old size 14 jeans are also too big for me. This is the smallest I have been since childhood/early teens.

Happy days