UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by takingcontrol View Post
Hey tc, how's life?
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #332  

*watches a tumbleweed go by*

Quiet in here today!

I have popped in for a little moan, so please excuse me

Over the last couple of weeks I feel that my weight loss has stalled. I am probably being silly but I am aiming for 2lb a week and this pesky 1lb is keeping me away from my 3 stone goal.

I've been eating similarly to normal and last week I even upped my exercise. Not sure what is going on but really hope to see the scale go down again soon as it's annoying me!

Obviously not going to let it demotivate me but I am a bit scared I am going to experience my first plateau.

I've lost nothing in 8 days. What is up with that?!

Oh well, off to do my exercise now. Fingers crossed for a loss soon

Hope you folks are all having a good week xxx
Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #333  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

1987 I wondered where that tumble weed had gone!
We are keeping really busy spring cleaning the house ahead of me starting to study. I am determined that my exercise level won't drop so I really will have to get my sh*t in one sock and be organised!
Well I may have been unable to exercise much this week thanks to my exploding bottom ( sorry if you are having a snack ) but goodness have I ever lost weight!! I know that once I start eating normally a bit may come back on but I am due on AND I will be able to get back to exercising at my normal level next week. In fact I am doing an Olympics Week at home for my 7 year old and have promised to join in so that will help.
So all in all I have lost 62.25 lbs and I am blinking thrilled. You know when people say "oooh it's DROPPED off you" ? And you want to to shout " It's been pigging hard word thanks very much ...every pound grips on for grim death!!!!!!"
Sorry to get so excited when you are in a bit of a plateau 1987. Are you recording your cals accurately?
Where is everybody?????
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #334  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain walker View Post
1987 I wondered where that tumble weed had gone!
We are keeping really busy spring cleaning the house ahead of me starting to study. I am determined that my exercise level won't drop so I really will have to get my sh*t in one sock and be organised!
Well I may have been unable to exercise much this week thanks to my exploding bottom ( sorry if you are having a snack ) but goodness have I ever lost weight!! I know that once I start eating normally a bit may come back on but I am due on AND I will be able to get back to exercising at my normal level next week. In fact I am doing an Olympics Week at home for my 7 year old and have promised to join in so that will help.
So all in all I have lost 62.25 lbs and I am blinking thrilled. You know when people say "oooh it's DROPPED off you" ? And you want to to shout " It's been pigging hard word thanks very much ...every pound grips on for grim death!!!!!!"
Sorry to get so excited when you are in a bit of a plateau 1987. Are you recording your cals accurately?
Where is everybody?????

Thankfully I wasn't eating when I read that hope your 'exploding bottom' returns to normal soon.

Olympic week sounds fun! Gotta keep those kids entertained in the holidays eh?!

62.25lbs, what an achievement! well done

After my moan yesterday I weighed in this morning and the 1lb has been banished at last! I have officially lost three stone now, woohoo! It's seemed like a slow few weeks but I am still losing so that's the main thing really.

I've actually lost 8lbs over the last 28 days which = 2lb a week so I am still on track actually. I was just worrying over nothing silly me.

It's the weekend now, yay. Hope you all have a fab weekend
Old 08-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #335  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Default Where do I start?

At the beginning i suppose... I started at 324lbs and officially on here at 314...

So, for the last 2 or 3 weeks I've been staring at this brick wall in terms of weight loss. I fluctuate between 297 and 296lbs on a daily basis and never getting lower... Okay, so TOM has been present and we all know what sort of effect that can have, but I'm so confused.

Confused because last week I did my measurements for the first time, and did it again this morning. I've lost 2.5inches from my waist and 3.5inches from my hips. Everything else has stayed the same, and yet the scales remain so static.

Yes I've been swimming every week when TOM isn't around, and I LOVE it. But any other kind of working out really does fill me with dread as my right foot and ankle are still so weak. I want to start Zumba, but I cant do that for at least another 2 weeks (bills and stuff are due next week and I'll be lucky if I have anything left).

I guess all this shows that, for me, the two stone I've lost was excess water, water retention or however you want to put it. Now I'm on the fat burning road, I really don't know where to start.

I've lowered my cals down again now down to 1200, after watching the Hairy Dieters (or as they're normally known as The hairy bikers). They'd basically lost a stone each and went to see a doc, and the doc said something along the lines of "Okay, we've lost the first easy stone, now we need to step it up a gear, 1200 calories a day now."
And I swear, when I heard that, a huge light bulb went off in my brain. I'VE LOST 2 STONE!! If I keep eating as much as I did to loose that 2 stone, of course I'm going to hit the wall after some time!! DUUUUH!!!

I was told by a young lady on youtube (DivaSlimsDown), who has lost well over 100lbs in a year, that it really is a numbers game.

So here's my plan of action... *takes a deep breath*... 1200 cals a day, and no more than 120grams of carbs a day. When it's a work day for me ie Monday to wednesday I WILL do at least 20 mins of other exercise other than walking to and from work etc. Days when I'm not at work? Well, MORE EXERCISE!!! At least 1 full hour on the Wii and jogging. Fridays nights are still my swimming times, well until the school starts again... Will their summer hols ever end???!!!!! lol

I hope this all makes some sort of sense. All this will start tomorrow TOM permitting, the first 2 days are hard for me, and the last day too for some straaange reason, I suppose it's the muscles.

If anyone has any tips or advice, you know I will welcome it with an open heart and open mind.

And don't think I've forgotten what happened back in june when I went down to 1200 cals, the headaches, the moods etc. At the first sign of any of that rearing its head I'll up my intake to 1300 or 1400... something's got to give

Sooooo sorry for the essay that this post turned out to be, but I think more than anything I needed to log it down somewhere that it will be seen by others not just me.... accountability i think is the word. If you don't see the results on my figures, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE poke me, prod me, kick me, i don't care lol
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #336  
mountain walker

Lozz I think it is so hard when you reach this point. You have made great progress during a stressful time ( you lost your job remember) and instead of sitting round on your butt bemoaning you started a new healthier life.
You have started a new job ( more stress) stress will make is harder to lose weight...there is lots of evidence for this ( unless you are my mate Julie who loses weight when stressed...wierd!)
Youre working within the physical limitations of your crummy ankle.
I bought a little trampoline to use at home as it greatly reduces the impact through your joints......somebody you know will have one in their garage....or an exercise bike....ditto.
Can you wear a strap or support on your ankle?
You know I had terrible knee pain walking even when I had lost 3 stone but I seem to have turned a corner and my knee is heaps stronger and 1000% less painful.
Have you seen a physio for specific ankle strengthening techniques so you have more faith in it?

I have gone on a bit and I am sorry ( Welsh bird you see!) but give yourself some credit and increase the exercise slowly. If you lived closer I would drag you on my dog walks!
Take care my lovely...you are doing great!!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Lozz, you have reached stage 2 of wieght loss fabulousness, and it is onwards and upwards!! That sounds like such a tiny amount to eat though, I wish you luck, you are stronger than me, I could not do it!! I look forward to following the rest of your transformation!

LOL, MW, you are so funny how you phrase thing, well done on your pigging hard work though, how fab for people to notice!!

You all doing great!

I weighed myself yesterday, gained a pound I think it is because I slacked off for my birthday, and trying to get back into it, also that I have not been swimming much because of the business at school hols. Somtimes I can't face the looks/comments etc, or maybe I am just making excuses :/

On the plus side though, my NHS wiehg management course starts on tues!! I am really looking foward to it because I think it will be so helpful and everyone there has been referred like me because the got big weight problems so everyone is in the same situation, and, who knows, maybe for once I can walk in a room and not be the fattest there! I hope this will help m start losing weight faster because I am not going fast
xxxxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #338  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

HI all!

Well 7 weeks away, and 6 of those weeks eating greasy canteen food three times a day plus snacks and not having (making) time to exercise have proved to me that the weight doesn't stay away if you abuse your body. Sigh! A good wake up call before I go back to Thailand I gues...... A healthy lifestyle is for life, not just until we hit goal..... SOB! 23 days until I leave the country and 23 days to get well back on track so that I can keep going beyond!

Good luck Lozz! I love your determination! I couldn't sustain at 1200 every single day though, what about calorie cycling? Intermittent Fasting? or similar? You need higher cal days worked inot your programme I believe? Unless at that amount everyday you also plan to eat super lean and green and step away from all things sugary, fatty and processed? Then I guess the cals would go further? I really hope your new regime gets you back on track, you can do it!

Jose, a belated happy birthday Make today the day you get right back on plan, NO EXCUSES!

MW - hope ou're feeling better now Congrats on the loss so far, you're dong fab!

1987 - Hi! Hope you are back to losing ways soon

We can do this team, COME ON!

PS, right now I'm 9.5lb OVER my ticker weight, sob! But, I was about 4lb over it before I went away, and I was 13lb over it on Friday morning, so I'm hoping with some discipline and clean eating I can melt away the 9.5 and get back to having that pesky last stone to burn!!!

Last edited by takingcontrol; 08-19-2012 at 05:18 AM.
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #339  
mountain walker

TC welcome back honey. Don't worry about the lb's you know they will drop off once you are back in the zone!
Joselo you hadn't posted for a few days and I was worried you had given up...I am so glad to see you back on here....now get yourself back to the pool young man!!!!!Putting a pound on over a big birthday for a man who knows how to party is pretty darned good.....
When you start you weight management course just remember to be honest with the counsellor...it's easy in here to admit to eating/drinking too much...much harder face to face. How did your boss take the news about you going to the course?
Lozz TC is right...try varying the calorie intake a bit...it's what I do. I have run out of slimfast stuff now( I bought a job lot from shopping TV) but I still have a low cal day or 2 a week of around 1100 with my normal intake around 1600. I can't cope with less than this as it takes alot of cals to haul my substantial butt 2.6 miles every day!!
We played badminton yesterday. Me and disabled hubby against gorgeous fit 16 year old daughter. Cor it was hard! Because of my weight I burned....get this.....600 cals in an hour!!!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #340  

S/C/G: 180/165/140

Height: 5'8

Congrats, 1987, on the three-stone mark! I hope you are feeling rightfully very proud of yourself.

JoseLo, a gain of 1lb is hardly anything. Like MW says, it was your birthday. The important thing is to get back into it, which I know you can do! It's great you are excited about your course. I hope you get lots of good info from it.

takingcontrol - I'm so jealous you're going to Thailand! Are you moving there? Best of luck getting back on track.

Lozz, sorry to hear you've stalled. It must be so frustrating for you. I do a very vague calorie cycling throughout the week. So some days I eat 1100/1200 calories and then up it to about 1400 and I have about 1600 on weekends. On the 1200 days, I definitely notice I am more hungry. And I personally couldn't sustain it for 7 days a week. The only way I don't mind having less to eat on those days is because I know the next day I can eat a bit more and it all balances out for me. What about doing something like that? You also sound like you're more active than me so you might feel really hungry on 1200 every day.

I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. I haven't binged in over two months, which, considering I was doing it at least three times a week, I am so SO thankful for. I don't know what will happen when I get a serious urge to do it again. I'm not naive enough to think I'll never binge again... But I suppose I'll have to just not let it push me back into old behaviours. I'm now at 165lbs
Poppy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #341  

Awww TC, sorry to hear that, but you did it one, you can do it again, I am sure Youknow what went wrong and i think you have the will to do it! Your life always sounds so exciting and jet setting!! Yeah\, am going swimming tomorrow afternoon, I promise myself that... and you all!!

That is a great burn MW, and sounds really fun for you! I wish I could enjoy sport! .
I guess I came close to giving up, i think the thing that saved me was knowing I had this course, it was like a source of hope! I just hope I can be honest, because this has always been my problem like when I was a teenager and they tried to get me into all kinds of weiht loss support, i would just lie all the time to the nurses and things. At least here I have been nearly always honest. I hope it is the kind of place where I can admit it without feeling judged, I have a good feeling it is. My boss has been soooo nice, she said it is not a problem at all, in fact she is real pleased I am doing it. Telling her was so hard because she was really sweet and things, but said also that she had been concerned herself (so why she is glad I am addressing it).Also there is a lot of kneeling down for extended periods of time in my job (no jokes anyone! hehe), which we have already talked about alot and found ways to help me managed/avoid it. But wiehgt was never mentioned at the time, but now she said that she thinks this problem is related to my weight. She was really nice and everything, but I find it hard to hear people are CONCERNED about me, or that they feel it impact on my job- i don't like to cause worry to people or anything, or have my ability to do my job questioned. It is just bad to hear. I worry that people are talking about it, and I just want people to not even notcie my weight untill I mention it, which is why things like that is hard to hear when I bring it up.. Oh well. Now that she knows anyways, all the more reason to suceed so that she doens't feel I asked for all this for nothing!!

...and yes I do know know how to party, I hope that doesn't have to stop, hehe!

Poppy, that is soooo impressive about the bingeing!! I used to do it nearly every day and I feel I have reduced it, but a week is probably the longest I have gone yet. And they are seriously BAD. How do you do it?? I am desperate to stop!

xxxx

Last edited by JoseLo; 08-20-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #342  

Anyone like to hear about my weight management class thing? Am going again tomorrow
Old 08-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #343  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseLo View Post
Anyone like to hear about my weight management class thing? Am going again tomorrow
Meeeeeeee
Old 08-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 180/165/140

Height: 5'8

Me too! Am taking it by the dancing carrots, the first session went well?

As for stopping binging, unhelpfully I have absolutely no idea why I've been able to go this long without doing it. I've wanted to stop for ages and ages and haven't been able to do so for more than a week/2 weeks so I'm not sure what's changed. I do find the longer I go without doing it, the less I am tempted to do it...but I know if I do it once, I'm likely to fall back into doing it all the time, so that's quite a frightening thought. So I'm *thankful* I'm not doing it at the moment...but I wish I could work out internally what difference there is that's meant the urge to binge hasn't been as strong.
Poppy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #345  
mountain walker

Come on Joselo....spill the beans...how did it go?????????