UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:08 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone! I've been negrecting this thread like Lozz, hehe. I'm glad to see everyone's doing well and fighting the good fight.

Lozz, I completely empathise with you, I have been stuck on the same pound going up and down for like three weeks. ONLY this morning did I finally drop down! You will drop it, and your milestone will be all the sweeter.

I personally hit a milestone this morning too - my BMI dropped to 29.8!! I'm not obese any more!!

Did Jose say when he would be back from holiday? I hope he's being good and resisting the temptations, hehe!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #107  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

MM well done my lovely!
I am still in the super obese category and have 0.3 bmi to lose before i can even be classified as morbidly obese!!!
So please I can report I am back to the walking although I do flinch when anything loud and buzzy flies near me!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Now that's an achievement, Marchmallow! I hit the same milestone a few days ago myself, so I can understand just how happy you are. Incredible, isn't it?

Jose didn't say precisely, just that he was spending a few days in... Bristol? And a few in London. I suppose his idea of a few is a bit bigger than mine, because I was expecting him back by now.

Meanwhile, I am exactly the same weight as I was on the 20th. Stupid body, what are you doing?! Up 0.6 on yesterday too - I hope this is just backlash from drinking the other day. Mind you, haven't had a single gain since I started working through this stone on the 8th, it was bound to all go horribly wrong in the end!
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

MM - well done - that is definitely a milestone to be celebrated!

Lozz - keep up the fight! Sometimes it just works like that and then suddenly you get a big drop. If you're doing lots of exercise (great) then maybe look at your food/calorie intake? Maybe keep a food diary for a wek - that often helps me spot where I'm going wrong as it's easy to forget things when you don't write it down.

I'm happy to report a 2.5lb loss. Sudden mini whoosh just in time for wi which is always welcome. I'm just 2lb off my target now. OMG. Will probably take me another 6 months, mind hahaha.

Enjoy the fabulous sunshine everyone! x
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #110  

Nice one, Ellie! I'm doing a stupid little dance of glee in your honour.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #111  

Haha thank you Brid. I did a few little glee-like dances myself last night with a large glass of wine!

Actually I might move my target by 1lb to make it 75lb lost and get me to 9st 13lb. For the first time in about 20 years!

Last edited by Elliemar; 06-26-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #112  

A full 75 lost would be pretty cool, but how would that work out when you're doing the maintenance thing? I hear one generally ends up maintaining within a few pounds' range, rather than staying exactly the same all the time. If you aimed for 9st 13, would you be okay with the mental strain of it popping up over 10st regularly?

Ack, must get off the computer and go sign on! It's a mile walk each way, excellent extra exercise!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #113  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brid View Post
A full 75 lost would be pretty cool, but how would that work out when you're doing the maintenance thing? I hear one generally ends up maintaining within a few pounds' range, rather than staying exactly the same all the time. If you aimed for 9st 13, would you be okay with the mental strain of it popping up over 10st regularly?
I have to say this is a really good thing to think about. I had this problem for a long time (before I needed to lose weight) with 9st just literally because the stone number would go up it used to freak me out.. so for a long time I'd gain above 9st, freak out then lose weight again, then I'd naturally go up again and freak out, lose etc etc etc.. and it was just a miserable situation to be in.
PaintedButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #114  

Hmmmmm. A very good point, ladies. Psychologically that could be a real killer. I think it's a case of stick to original target or go for the 5 1/2st marker although that might be even worse as I don't know if i could reasonably maintain that weight.

Thanks for pointing this out - I think I'll have a good think about it over the next few days and then decide.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #115  

Have you checked out the stickies over in the maintenance forum, Ellie? Could be some handy info there to help you decide. I also spotted a thread about whether you pick the maintenance range or the maintenance range picks you, which is worth bearing in mind - quite a lot of people in that thread mentioned having goal weights that their bodies just weren't prepared to stick with.

In terms of an easier psychological ride, having an upper limit of 10st would work well, because if ever you creep back up to that point it'll freak you out enough to work your way back down, but will your body go for that? Depends on how you're doing at the moment too - if the weight's still coming off slowly but surely then perhaps just keep doing what you're doing for now. Let us know what conclusions you come to!

I've just been looking on the mybodygallery website for people my height. After about ten minutes of dividing everyone into "too thin", "too fat" and "about right" (in terms of how I want to look when I'm done), I realised a lot of my judgements had nothing to do with size and everything to do with what they were wearing. So I still have no clue what my final goal should be.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Well done on your losses guys and Marchmallow, hoorah for no longer being obese!

Today I achieved my second mini goal, I have now lost two stone so chuffed! And according to my BMI and a weight loss chart that I found, I am 2lb away from falling from the 'obese' category into the 'overweight' category. I've never been so excited to be overweight haha.

xxx
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #117  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Elliemar, well done on your fabulous weight loss my lovely. Are people supportive or have they started saying that you look too thin??
That happened to a freind of mine and she found it sooooo annoying!
Joselo said he was away for a week in Brighton I think. Hope he is OK
Have a good wenesday folks
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

I'm baaaack!! I missed you all, seriously! I am so tired, I will have a proper read and catch up later. I had 6 days away; 3 in London, 3 in Brighton, with 2 great friends. I had a lovely time, I haven't weighed myself yet though!! Anyways, shall fill you in later and read what you ladies have been up to! xxxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Wow... well it sounds like you all still losing! I might have known! Awww MM, how wonderful to not be classed as obese! That must feel amazing.

Well, I had a lovely time on my holidays, enjoying shopping (I bought so much fabric that I plan to use for my work!), galleries, beach visit and going out dancing and partying!!! We had a few nice meals out where maybe I over ate a little but in generally the trip wasn't too food orientated because the 2 friends I went with are very slim and do not overeat. Plus, it was my holidays!! I resisted the urge to get takeaway after a night out, my friends were very wonderful in helping me with that.

There was only one evening I felt was BAD. The last night in London was quite hard for me; I like London for a visit but I find it very busy and noisy and things, and after a long day out I just wanted to hide away from it all and I felt a little upset in a way I couldn't explain... I guess I am a sensitive little bunny hehehehe. Me and my friends shared a room just to ourselves in a hostel. Sophie and Hannah my friends went out for a few drinks and I stayed in with my book (I know, right hehe!). But of course I ended up going to the fried chicken place down the street and the corner shop and buying a whole load of junk food and basically had a big binge. I don't know that that in itself will do too much harm, but I got even more upset than I already had been that I couldn't control myself. I think Hannah realised what I'd been up to aswell, which was embarrassing. However, we went to Brighton the next day which was amazing, I think that half of the trip was the BEST!!

I am home now... I feel it was very good but after a whole week of being in my friends' company mostly, and having to control my eating for appearences (even though I had one bad evening), I feel right now a strong urge to eat everything in sight... oh, I do wish I wasn't like this!!
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #120  

Welcome back, Jose! We missed you. Sounds like you had an excellent holiday (aside from that one little blip). And dancing too - excellent exercise as well as fun!

I hope you're right that that one binge won't be too bad in the scheme of things. If you ate well the rest of the week, then you should be fine, because it all averages out. And the bonus of being the size you are now, your body needs quite a lot of calories to maintain, so you've got a lot more space to play with when it comes to creating a calorie deficit. I reckon you'll be fine. Just beware of water weight, although if it's been a few days since London even that might not be an issue either. Fingers crossed!

You sound a lot more positive about that blip than you did about the last one too. Very good to see!

1987 - looking forward to you joining me and Marchmallow in the overweight club! It's a fun place to be, once you've consolidated your grasp on the place (the first couple of days, of bouncing up into obese every time I ate anything, weren't as fun as they could have been).