Old 03-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #211  

Height: 5'8.5"

Day 4 for me completed!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:24 AM   #212  
banned

Hey all. I have some bad news. I've been doing really bad...not just with the challenge, just overall dieting. I'm working on it though. I've just been stressed out with school, my relationship, friends, and just about everything else. I can't seem to find time to keep up with my diet. But I'm working on it. This weekend I'll be focusing on what my goals are and my workout plan, etc. I'm going to change my 21-day challenges to something a little more easy for me...as those three were a little too much to take on for me as a first challenge. I'll update ya'll on what i come up with. Until then...lots of hugs, and keep up the great work.
Danzer5570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 285/196/150

Height: 5'4"

I've completed my first week of at least 8 glasses and day and under 2,000 calories. Yea!!!
karybeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:24 PM   #214  
prepare for the BEST time

Day #5

one set of 10 push-ups
one set of 7 push-ups

and 16 mins. of interval training!

and the best part? I am wearing a pair of jeans today (slim-cut size 10 levis) that I couldn't get over my thighs last year!!!! a couple of months ago they went up but wouldn't button, today they look decent!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:25 PM   #215  

Hi Heather... well there is GOOD news and that is that you CAME here and posted!! That's a great start to getting back on track! Hey we ALL fall off the wagon at one time or another... here we all are tugging you back up onto the hayload LOL.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #216  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile

Day 8 is done. Had to go back and figure out what day it was. So, today, Sunday, is Day 9 and, as I've just gotten up, I still have the crunches ahead of me. Did them last night right before bed. Two pauses left. I would never do these consistently if I hadn't committed to this challenge. I guess it's a good thing....

marble -- You're doing well! How did you get so far along? It seems like just yesterday and you were starting out! I take it you're feeling better, that the stomach problems and queaziness are gone? Slimcut size 10s?!?! Damn! I am jealous! Just what have you NOT been eating? How much more are you aiming to lose? What size clothes is your goal? Oh, and yes, I mean, no, no extra points for the work with a hangover! ....you brought it on yourself!

kary --

Danzer -- I'm right there with you on all the life problems. Dieting is not something I can take right now. But I am allowing those goals to be put on the back burner, NOT taken OFF the stove, however, and yes, I too should be looking at just what I CAN do right now, even if it means just not gaining weight. Maybe you can do that too. I think you're right on track with making your challenges a bit easier. That's what I did, cutting back to only the crunches. Believe me, "easy" is a very relative concept. It is not really easy to get the crunches done either. Yes, actually, getting down and doing them is easy, but getting down to them is not. We have to adjust to our strengths of the time. Good luck!

dance -- Great work on getting through Day 4!!

jolly -- Good going on Day 3 down. I like what you're doing with the attention to what you're eating. Awareness is everything, I think. If you're aware, you are most of the way there! Keep it up!

curly -- Only a week to go! Do you notice any effect of having limited your carbs so much?

JCT -- That is great that you have lost weight! Here's wishing your wee one a Happy Birthday! Is he 1-year-old? And, oh, how sweet that he took his first steps! I'm glad to have you back posting JCT.

tia -- Are you still hanging in there? Excellent work with the water challenge. Day 4 notched!

CB -- Hope things are going well for you. Why are you limiting your calories so much? You know that's not a good way to lose weight. Listen to curly's warnings...you are setting yourself up for major rebound and you are messing with your metabolism on top of undoubtedly losing muscle tissue. And muscle tissues also means tissue from organs like your heart!

Apple -- How are you doing? Last we heard from you you were heading off for a night on the town. How'd it go? An old guy at work just came back from there, but he said he didn't go out at night at all. I think I've only been to Frisco twice, maybe once. Can't remember it well, though I remember I was surprised at how overcast and gray it was...reminded me of home in Pittsburgh. The second time the weather was pretty and we went to the wharf and so. That was I think in like '89. Well, hope you had a good time. Are you doing a challenge now?

angel -- My goodness, when did you do all these challenges? totally stealth or what? Maybe that's the way to go....Well, glad to hear you're doing so well and congrats on the weight loss.

Fish -- You're moving right along too, aren't you? Too bad Barneys didn't bring you anything but good for you for not buying something you didn't really need. Just a few more days on your challenge, right? Keep up the good work!

Sushi -- Hope you're feeling better!

aileigh -- How are you doing? Have you made progress on your challenge? Starting over is OK! Just being here means a lot too, you know?!

Shad -- Hi, there! Glad to hear from you. How are things going for you? Are you doing anything with weight loss or exercise or all that fun stuff yet? Or are you still just taking a break? I hope things are going well for you otherwise. Take care!

Last edited by redballoon; 03-05-2006 at 04:06 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #217  

Hi everyone. Just a quick blurry eyed post. I have to go back to work soon - I had the time wrong. Day 4 complete on all challenges. (Actually, am having some cravings, but if I post this, that will hopefully motivate me to not break down at the last minute).

I am feeling horrid - sinus thing again I think. Yuch

Two good things for today - 1) I got some information on the dietician and personal trainer services from the gym. Not ready to take that plunge quite yet, but want to start budgeting. 2) I think I am going to start a stealth challenge Red will appreciate - my goal is to weight train 3 times a week. I will put $1 in my change jar for each workout, and up it to 5 for the week if I get all 3 in. That money can go towards the personal trainer services.

I might pop back in after work. Have a great eveing all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:49 PM   #218  

Welcome to all the newbies!!

I am rounding up day 5 of my sticking with my healthful eating plan! 16 to go except I have NO intentions of stopping then LOL
Old 03-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #219  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day 15 ----> 37 carbs

Yep Red I am down 3 lbs in the last 15 days! so it must be helping! NOw if Spring would just get here!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:40 AM   #220  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile Nine feels fine!

Hello. It's getting late here on Sunday. I did the crunches. Day 9 is done! Sometimes things seem to be going quickly, other times so slowly. Right now, thinking that I'm not even halfway, it seems slow. Still, the crunches have gotten so easy and they were hard in the beginning. That means something and I'm proud of the progress.

curly -- That is utterly fantastic! 3 lbs down! But, you aren't changing your weight tracker, are you? I seem to see the same number up there. Is that just me being mistaken? Or don't you want to change it? Well, curl, you are doing so well and I am SO proud of you. Keep it up and keep us inspired!

dance -- Good for you for sticking to your healthful eating for five whole days!! Awesome, girl! And thank you for always being so sweet..

jolly -- Yes! Day 4 in the bag! Good going! What's with the blurry eyes? Have you been imbibing? nipping the grape and such? carla?! I want you back here! No, really, jolly, I understand you're tired. And I hope you feel better. Is the sinus problem due to hay fever perhaps? Here, it's hay fever season, the cedar trees and other things, but this year is not supposed to be bad. As for your "stealth challenge"...sounds great....but "stealth" is something we, or I, have used only to mean a regular 21-day challenge that you started and continued in secrecy, popping "above ground" a few days (or a week or whatever) down the line to say, "Heh, I'm on a challenge here." In your case, since your challenge (which I like very much! ) is just one that you don't want to declare officially and doesn't fit the 21-day format...hmmm...what should we call such?! Private challenges, extracurricular challenges, bonus challenges? Let's think of something. In any case, I like it, and I wish you the best of luck with it. You're sounding so good these days, different from the Basics days, and I'm glad for you. How's your horse? Name?! My Heidi is getting worse, acting up because she knows I'm too soft. How do I get her to do a good 4-beat canter?! Left lead and we're both bad. Leave her do it, when I realize it! and it's teaching her how to goof off. Well, I know you're not a dressage person, just babbling here. Well, good luck!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:42 AM   #221  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

no Red i had dropped to 232 .. then went back up to 234 but currently 231
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #222  
Why is this soooo hard?

S/C/G: 187/181/135

Talking

Hi red - thanks for the kind words. Reality is, I think my cheating on my high protein diet is gonna be the hard one.... So I am going to modify my challenges to be more realistic...
1 - Eat more protein and more whole grain (less white carbs) - this is a good one, I think I am mastering this one really (and cheating is going to be okay so long as it is very minimal)
2 - Drink at least 3 bottles still (4 bottles was crazy right now, have you ever drank the water quickly in a desperate attempt to get it down)
3 - Exercise 5 days a week, this one I blew big time because of my cold I got really lethargic at home, but I stuck it out at school when I reported to the gym.... I think my diet will be easier to stick with once I go grocery shopping, right now I have all the bad carbs filling up my cupboards.

Thanks for the welcome Dance, I, like red, notice that you have a super sweet attitude... and it is appreciated.

Good plan jolly, when it comes to money I have no will power and would be spending my money that I put in the jar (I think my next challenge in life will be non-diet and learn to save... ooooo that ones tough for me so I envy anyone who can put a dollar or so aside to where it builds) So kudos jolly.

Congrats marbleflys, I hope one day to post that exact same post

Goodluck everybody.... lol back to day one and hopefully do good this time, I promise I am going to at least get beyond day 2 LOL.... and I am doing all the challenges as one because I can't keep track of 3 separate days lol.

enjoy the rest of the weekend....
aileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #223  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon
[/color][color=darkorange]girlie -- What is the "other white meat?" Mysterious! Is this dog or something? Sorry, I'm out of it and living in Tokyo I think most anything is game...well, being close to Korea and China, that is.
OMG Red! You must have been living in the Far East for a long time to even think that puppies are edible!
In this country it constitutes jail time. I'm a dog lover , and I'm always behind those fighting for animal rights. As an omnivore, I only eat meat from animals that have had a good life~

Welcome to everyone who is new to this thread.

Congrats to everyone who have lost weight, and to those who have successfully finished a challenge and to those who are just like me trying their best to keep on keeping on.

My level 1~ no diet soda challenge is down the drain and I thought it would be easy, now I know better. Next time
I'll make it a level 3.
My level 2~ still on, but I've taken my 2 days pauses, so I'm on day 12.
My level 3~ is good, have not taken any pause day, and I'm on day 14, only 1 week to go.

It is now 7:35 PM here, and dinnertime is over and I have also exercised so I'm practically on day 15.

Good night all.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 03-05-2006 at 02:59 PM.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #224  

Hang in there, Elyn! Two out of three is going great!! Hope you don't have too many days to go on that second since your pause days are gone! Keep going!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #225  

Red, the "other white meat" is pork. A marketing ploy to convince people lean pork is no fattier than chicken, and is not like demon beef. Of course I know you don't indulge in meats at all...

Interesting that my name always comes up whenever there's any mention of alcohol abuse... Particularly in light of last night's well-watered dinner. A good time was had by all, and today I'm "resting", but felt I had to pop briefly out of lurker-mode.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote