Old 02-22-2006, 06:53 PM   #76  

OK, suffering from stress here.....I had dreams about Red's Turkey Horse. I'm not kidding....
Day 5 for exercise (I think), Day one for goldfish, back to start the beer challenge (see sentence one)
Carla, I was hoping you wouldn't bring up the pound a week challenge....I didn't lose last week so I guess if I don't lose 2 this week, I'm possibly behind to the point where I can't catch up. Maybe not, but we'll see next week. Any thoughts?? Great to hear about YOUR progress! I so want to treat myself to nice clothes and be comfortable in most that I have already....
Tia, Curly and Jolly, sounds like you all are doing great!
Sorry, The baby just woke up and he sounds miserable....
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 245/130/125

Smile Hi all

CBETA - Congrats on the 2lb loss. Sorry to hear that your back is hurting.

Sushi - Congrats on completing 21 days!!!

Surf -

I have completed the 8th day of all of my challenges. I haven't so much as looked at a bag of chips. The water is going down a lot easier. Walking everyday is going well.

TTYL
es_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #78  
banned

Checkin' in for the day! Didn't do the best today...I'm gonna start over with the veggies/fruit challenge (level 1). Here's my stats so far...

1.) Eat 2 fruits/veggies every day (L1) - starting over...0 days done
2.) Exercise every day (L2) - 2 days done, 1 pause day gone, 1 pause day left
3.) No pop (L3) - 2 days done, 1 pause day gone, 2 pause days left

JCT - Thanks for the suggestions! I actually thought about that after I saw you mentioned it. But I figured I'd keep going since it'll give me more motivation to try really hard not to screw up again...otherwise I'll have to start ALL OVER again. LOL. If I start over, I know me...I know I'll use that as an excuse every other time I get the urge to break the challenge. I'll think "Oh I'll just start over tomorrow. But your suggestion was appreciated! Thanks! And good luck with your challenges. Oh and thank you for the good luck! I'm so nervous. I hardly know anything

CBeta - Thanks for the support! And good luck with the challenges, as well as your doctor appointment!

Jollygirl - thank you for the motivation. That's awesome you're on day 17 of no pop! That's incredible...I'm finding it really hard for me, and I'm only on day 2...LOL

Es_angel - Great job on the challenges! No chips?! Ugh, I'd die!! LOL. Hmm...that's a good idea for my next challenge.

And to everyone else, keep it up!
Danzer5570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:00 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Counting carbs was hard... Around 55 for today.
Thank you to everyone for get well wishes... I am home today, just tired at work, ready for a weekend...
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:46 AM   #80  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

S/C/G: 213/206.8/150

Cool Hi there...

Ok.... First things first.... I didn't do my exercises today. I know... "get off your butt.... pull up your Big-Girl panties and DO IT!!!!" I will tomorrow. In my own defence though, I am suffering from TOM yuck.... this is only my 2nd since getting PG nearly 2yrs ago! LOL I am not quite back to the... "normal fact of fertile life" stage. So... yeah... tomorrow i will start at day 1... AGAIN.

Ok... NOW! SUSHI!!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME GIRLIE!!!!!!

Surfdreams! Glad you could join us!

Red.... where are you??

Everyone seems to be doing great... it's too dang late for me to be posting on 2 1/2 pages... SO... Keep Up the great work Ladies!!!!!!

h2o= Day2
Journal= Day6
Exercise= start over
Shiney sink= Day4

JCT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:28 AM   #81  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Hi everyone,
Wasn't able to check in yesterday 'cuz I had an incident with my laptop. . I could only use our stationary computer in one of our rooms (office) to go online, and I don't like to sit in that room, I'd rather use my laptop in our living room. Reformatting the drive was not an option because I did not have a backup and I did not want to lose my files, so I worked on it almost the whole night. I tried everything but the darn thing would not start,and I almost gave up, but with patience I got it up and running again virus free and all. I have also decided to make a back up with norton ghost. But with almost no sleep, I now feel , so I'll have to take a nap later.
Anyway, I did good on all my challenges yesterday, and now I'm on my 4th day, and it's looking good so far 'cuz it's only 1:00PM, and I've already wrapped up my 30mins. exercise. I finally tried the belly dancing video my friend gave me, altho' I'm not sure if I have burned any calories 'cuz I did not break a sweat. It helps to add variety to my exercise routine, if I'm going to be successful in my daily exercise challenge. Actually, I'm not sure if I was really doing belly dancing I probably need to do it in front of a mirror. On second thoughts, maybe I don't want to see myself~ I'd probably die laughing!

JCT~ On your water challenge ~ how will you ever find space for your diet sodas? Just kidding.
Sorry to hear that you have to start over on your exercise challenge, that's OK, just keep on trying.
It is also TOM for me~ altho' I ate the right things yesterday the portions were probably not so good, and I almost skipped my exercise. Didn't exercise til about 9:00PM~ good thing I have this challenges going on to keep me in line. So today I started early to be sure it's over and done with.

Surf~ It's good you've started to post here as well. It is really a great thread.

Good luck with all your challenges everyone.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 02-23-2006 at 10:28 AM.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:57 AM   #82  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Yo, all! I am here, if not in written form, at least in spirit. Hang in there everyone! I will be back soon!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:02 AM   #83  

Good morning all. Just coming in to get my dose of willpower dust for the day. Yorkie - think of how many calories you burn laughing! That could almost double your workout.

JCT - too bad you had to start over with your exercise challenge. Good luck keeping going.

Red - you are here in spirit? Do we need a medium to contact you instead of a thread I crack myself up.

I don't know how long I will be able to keep up the and thinking I can jog. Especially as I think since I walked so much of it, I forget to stretch. Very very bad. I need a to keep me in line.

Everyone, have a great day full of good choices and awesome opportunities. Talk to you later.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #84  
prepare for the BEST time

Day #3----
23 mins. of cardio & wts....gasp!

Jolly, I have had the 2-pc. set of Suzanne Sommers Thigh-master for years....it is actually very effective (and you can hide it in the closet easily so no one KNOWS you bought it for 29.95), HSN had it on a sale-thing years ago.

The pc. for the outer thigh muscle is a little awkward but I keep the shades drawn and the animals don't dare laugh atme..
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #85  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygirl
Yorkie - think of how many calories you burn laughing! That could almost double your workout.
That was a good one. But wait, what good is the double calories for if I'm dead?

That thing about contacting a medium to get in touch with Red was also hilarious. Sorry Red.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 02-23-2006 at 12:05 PM.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #86  
Cynical RedHead

Grr, I had to take my second, and last, pause day for my exercise challenge yesterday. So that is still at day 8. I'm not upset (so much) at not exercising, i did, after all, just work two 20-hours days in a row. Somehow sleeping for three hours each night seemed much more important than working out . I am pretty sure the challenge is still doable though. I can do 13 days in a row of exercise, particularly as I vary what i am doing. I just need to not have anymore uber-crazy days at work!

What I'm upset about is that now my exercise and calories challenges are not on the same day I had 1224 calories yesterday (my midnight omelet pushing me into a reasonable calorie range! And as I was still up, because I finally finished working, I am counting that in yesterday's calories, not today's). So day 9 is done for the calorie challenge.

Tia - I think the idea of your challenge being just "WATP" rather than specifically the 1- mile or the 2-mile tape is a good idea. That way you have some flexibility, without having to start over if you can fit in only 1 mile somedays.

Jolly - sleep is good - as noted above, I miss it I'm back in NYC though, so it's easier to tell my DC people that I am busy here and can't work on anything else. What sort of riding lessons do you take? Are you another horse-gal like Red? Or bicycle? (I, unfortunately, can ride neither a horse nor a bike )

JCT - I feel ya on the Day 1, again, blues. But, we are bettering ourselves every day, even the days we start over. And it is SO nice when we finally get to day 21!

Yorkie - I tried belly dancing a few times! It seemed pretty cool, but I agree that what the dvd people do and what "we" do, are not always the same thing . But if you like it, keep at it! When I started doing yoga I was so depressed because i felt as if I would *never* get it. Now, a lot of the poses are still hard, and i definitely cannot go as deep on many as the instructor does, but I can feel in my body that I am so much better and stronger than when i started.

Hello to everyone else! I never was able to catch up with the weekend posts . Now this week is practically over. Oy vey, life is hectic. Talk to you all later!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Morning of Thursday I am still at home...must run to work, or soon it will be 11am!... I've been so tired and lazy lately, I think because of lack of excercise... I might need a good kick to get me into the challenge mode again.... Motivation has been lost partially...
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:45 PM   #88  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

S/C/G: 213/206.8/150

Heh heh heh. Yorkie and Jolly... you are crackin me up girls!!!! Thank you for the :willpowerdust: Trust me yorkie... I float to the bathroom all night... : (how do you do all those other smilies??? I don't have any coding experience... I have to pull up the menu in order to do these posts anyway!) Speaking of Belly dancing... I talked about that on the last post... they have instructional vids on OnDemand cable here... I was laughing at myself so hard I had to stop...I was in danger of waking the baby.

Red.... I hope your Spirit graces our emails very soon. Take care of you.

Marble... heh The thought of you hiding in a dark room to do thighmaster, like some sicko, had me busting up laughing!!!!! heh heh heh "Hello.. Margaret?... It's me again, Margaret... eh heh heh heh"

Fish... You are doing great though girl... I don't know how you handle those hours!!!!! Are you back on day 1 agin??? I got lost. Thanks for the pep talk I will be ticking away soon.

CB... good luck girl! I hope you find the Mover bug!!! and get yourself feeling motivated. Perhaps it will bite me once or twice too!

Hugs all. I am working on my challenges but thought I would check in you all! TTYL!
JCT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:13 PM   #89  

Hey Everyone!!
I have been lurking the past few days, but now I’m back and ready with new challenges. New challenges for a new thread! Yay! I’m restarting a water challenge because my little trip off the wagon resulted in a great deal of water backsliding – I’ve been sipping one soda per day and not having any other water, so I’m back to the 80 oz/day challenge of old! I’m working on menu planning, but I don’t think that I’m ready for a challenge based on that one yet. My other challenge is putting all my food into fitday – I was really good at this at the beginning, but as I began to slide a bit, my journaling slid right along with my eating habits. Sooo – for now, my challenges stand thus:

Water Challenge, Level 2 – Day 1
FitDay Challenge Level 1 – Day 1 (assuming that I input my dinner, which I will)

Sushi! HOORAY! Challenge completed!

Tia: That’s great that you’re feeling ready to up the ante on your exercise – my butt isn’t even going to the gym these days. Don’t get discouraged with the gain, though - it happens to the best of us and you just get back up on the horse and try again.

Losingit: I love your wardrobe savings idea! I might have to start a little savings for myself, too!

CBeta: wow 700 calories/day is really low – I really like the protein powder stuff – I used to dump a tablespoon or so into smoothies. Hang in there with the carb monitoring!

Angel: Day 8! Woot! No Chips is hard – my boyfriend keeps tortilla chips on hand all the time and I just have to pretend they’re not there at all – otherwise I would stick my head in the bag…

JCT: have you thought about getting on some meds to regulate your cycles? I was super irregular and it turns out I have a hormone imbalance that is also part of why I’m fat and that can lead to diabetes – getting on BCPs to regulate it was one of the best things I ever did – it regulates moods and all sorts of other stuff for me, too.

Girlie: Wow that’s persistence to save your comp from a crash like that!

Howdy to everyone I didn’t mention and Welcome to the new folks!

Hang in there everybody!

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:58 PM   #90  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Day # 7! 50 total carbs!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote