Old 12-11-2005, 11:04 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Challenge A: Level 2 - DAY 9 (Dec 11) finished
Challenge C: Level 3 - Day 9 (Dec 11) done.
Challenge B: I am leaving to the gym in about half an hour.
still sore after yesterday's dancing, but bitter as I went with a friend and she is very thin, now she is on a date with one of the guys we met, I am sure of the reason why I am going to the gym instead of out.... may be next year.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:04 AM   #242  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face

Hey guys, I'm back in Tokyo. Will read the posts and try to get back to you all soon. Hope all is well.

Last edited by redballoon; 12-12-2005 at 04:11 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:52 AM   #243  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Day 8 done and dusted.

Promise I will be back with a proper update tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:41 AM   #244  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

yesterday was day 7 for me...... total of 1346 calories
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:30 AM   #245  
Egy Kis Lany

Well, it looks like I'll have to start back at square one.
I did -tons- of travelling this weekend to help my boyfriend move from his apartment (3.5 hours west of me) back to his parents house (3.5 hours east of me!) and I didn't find the time or the _space_ or the inclination to do my pilates. I don't feel too bad about it, though, b/c I carried a lot of boxes and furniture!!
If we get the DVD player hooked up, then we I can get today in as day #1, or I'll wait for the morning. Ah, well....
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #246  
prepare for the BEST time

Day 6!

I broke a sweat (or had the heat up too high)! 13 mins. of wts./ cardio

there is much improvement in my arm strength/range of motion, but I am staying safe by not overworking the injured part.

back later
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:26 PM   #247  

Great job Marble! I really admire the way you are approaching this! Slow and steady, careful not to over-do! I am sure you will have great results!

Day 11 SWN and Day 10 WALK.
Walk will be challenging this week, DH out of town for some of it and the kids have lots of stuff going on. I hope I can do it with out having to use a pause day!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:27 PM   #248  
Cynical RedHead

Default 1500/30 day one

Hello, all! I am just going to do another calorie control and exercise challenge this time around (because I am too lazy to think of anything else right now).

So, the parameters are: no more than 1500 calories per day and at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. I figure this is a level 2 challenge.

Marbleflys - you are doing so great after all the trauma your poor body has been through! I assume you can properly fasten your bra now?

PhysDom - your BF lives 3.5 hours away from you? That is true love. Anything over an hour away would have put him in the geographically undesireable category for me!

StageMom - doing good on the no chocolate, no soda! You are totally going to make it to Christmas with your soda challenge I had thought about starting a no chocolate, no caffiene challenge and then I went down to the deli and bought a diet coke. As I took my first drink, I'm all "D*mn!" So, back to calories and exercise it is!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:37 PM   #249  
prepare for the BEST time

Hah, Hah Fish---you must be clairvoyant---I celebrated by wearing a new one I had just bought from Victoria's Secret before my fall

Thanks Apple and everyone else too, for all the encouragement and support. It feels good to join in the challenges even if I'm doing minimal workouts. I have discovered that it is true about muscle memory, it seems to be coming a bit easier every day.

tomorrow I'm going to ortho so we'll see what he says about my PT results. It is a relief to be off the heavy-duty pain meds. They have made a mess of my GI tract and stomach, along with dehydration. My skin is finally looking less muddy and this recurrent eye irritation has cleared too.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #250  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Stop the World - I want to get off!!!!!

It is now a quarter to eight and I am already grumpy. Yesterday I found they (being the 'IT security' people) had taken away a lot of my access to view results from running background programs in the training database. They have also taken away a lot of access from others as well. I had it last week. Gone this week. Maybe it will be back next week - who knows. Now I whinged a bit yesterday afternoon, and I am told today I have access to do it in the UAT database. Oh lovely!! Thank-you so much, how long did it take for you to do that? Why? Well I don't have an account in the UAT database. Thats' @#$%##$$$###$$$## well why.

Yesterday I had a phone interview with the mob from the desert about my next contract. It was quite possibly the worst interview I have ever done. So I am not feeling happy about that. Agent rang last night but I was driving home. I rang back but he was now out. Did I get the job, did I not? Who knows, who cares.

Got home to find DB2 on the doorstep with his list of problems and worries. So now I have some other things to sort out as well. Aaaaaah well the list goes on.

I hope you have all done your Christmas shopping! The crowds in town are bad now, next week they will be horrendous.

In fact I am considering taking a lunch break at 11.00 to go to the Post Office and post these cards and letters. Yes I finally got most of the far away and overseas ones done last night. Tonight should see an end to all but the local cards. I may even combine morning tea and lunch and go very early since I have yet to have breakfast and brought no lunch with me.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much lately. I think it is the time of the year when we all get icky and sticky and tempers fray etc. Christmas used to be a time of peace and happiness and serenity. Now all I see is tense, tired faces and tempers rising.

I have done my exercise at the gym and my abs/ crunches and I'm on day 9 of no bread. Up, up and away (pleeeeeeaaaassseee - soon - now would be lovely)

Okay - up, up and away to the thirteenth floor to yell at the tallest man in the building. I have to yell, he is in a different stratosphere. I hope to get back with some personal comments tonight. Let's not bet on it though.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #251  
Never give up

Wink

Hello all. Glad to see so many of you are continuing on with your challenges. I would have and had every intent of but a bad case of apparent food poisoning knocked me flat from Saturday night. I barely got home to Tokyo on Monday. So, there was no way I could do my crunches on Sunday and I had only given myself one pause day and that I had used up when I totally FORGOT to do them the other day. Oh well. I will probably just start over again from today, though I'm thinking maybe I'll do something different. The crunches are too easy really anymore at this point, which I suppose is the way of things with such.

BTW, I've changed my holiday weight tracker again because I nudged it down a bit again. Of course, I know it's because I've been sick, dehydrated and empty, but I'll take it! I love to see the lower numbers and when I hit one I change the tracker, then work on getting there again as soon as possible and lower!!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-12-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #252  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Red, hope you're better soon!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #253  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day 8--- calories 1152
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #254  
Never give up

Sushi -- Thank you!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #255  

It's the end of day 8 for my no soda challenge!!

I have also set an exercise goal of 800 min of exercising so far I'm up to 323 min. I have been alternating between WATP and intervals on my treadclimber. I ordered an indoor bike trainer (it attaches to the rear wheel of your bike and makes it stationary) and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Good luck to all!

Tina
justkeepswimming is offline   Reply With Quote