Old 12-07-2005, 02:17 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Well it is almost 11.
Challenge A: Level 2 - DAY 4 (Dec 6) is completed!
Challenge C: Level 3 - Day 3 (Dec 5) was successfully completed. I think Day 4 (Dec 6) can be counted as well.

Well, finally it happened! A 24 hour fitness club opened up relatively near my house. When I lived in the different part of SF Bay Area - in East Bay there were a couple nearby, and went there quite often. Sometimes, I felt the urge and workout out even in the middle of the night or early morning hours.
So this is the time I am going to introduce back the Challenge B: originally I said that I plan on being at the gym 16-17 days out of the 21, but to make it even. I will declare this a 21 day challenge of Level 3, which puts me at 18 days! So ladies here it goes! I am going to the gym tomorrow and making this an official 3rd challenge.

Here is my plan: I plan on having this 3 challenges going pretty much in unison. After I am done I shall intro the intake challenge and specific type of excersize challenge if necessary. I will also see how it goes for the sweets and for soda. I am not a big soda drinker. Truthfully the only time I have it is when I buy food in the cafeteria at work and the meal has it included, lilke today they had turkey and mashed potatoes with a 16oz soda for $6.95. I got the salad, but if I was getting this one w/o soda I would feel like I am wasting money. Sweets I used to be better about it, but as I buy very little of them and keep them at work I rarely have binges. I will review the status of this towards the end of this month. For now I believe I am set.

p.s My friends who visit me quite often just left. Yesterday they planned to come and cook themselves at my house. Today they called saying they will eat at home. Finally they came over w/o eating at home first, and did not eat at my house as well so that I would not get tempted! Though I would not have - I know I can be strong. But this made me very happy, so many people are helping and believing in me, I want to be the best that I can be.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:16 AM   #167  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

chai: thats a really good idea! getting your walking in at walmart!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:19 AM   #168  

Day 8 for me!
Great news! See what staying on Weight Watchers can do? I lost an official 5.2 pounds yesterday at my WW weigh in! I'm really so happy!
It's so nice to have good news to report.
My 21 day challenge is to journal, eat on the ww program and stay in control. So far it's been enourmously successful. I have holidays coming up as do most of us, but I can keep trying!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:31 AM   #169  
Exercise Queen

Linda that is terrific!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 AM   #170  
Cynical RedHead

Default Day 20 Done!

One more day! Then I have to think of a new challenge. I will have time for one more before the cruise - I have been jotting down ideas and taping them around my computer.

Derry - congratulations on the weight loss! Doesn't it feel great?

Chaigirl - where are you going to law school? UVA? I graduated from American University's law school in May 2004. What sort of law are you interested in practicing?
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:30 AM   #171  
Egy Kis Lany

Pilates/Weight lift - Day 3!

I got up early again even though I was up late and was sleepy. It felt good this morning. I've been starting the exercised early during the video ( I start them during the talking/explaining sections) so I get more reps in of each exercise. It's giving me a nice little burn and I'm happy about this!
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Day 5 under 1800 down!

I think I may be losing at 1800! My clothing feels looser and my face looks thinner... don't own a scale, so I don't know. I may be visiting my parents on Friday where I will be able to weigh-in, so we'll see!!
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #173  
prepare for the BEST time

Default Paging *Coach-Carla*....

Coach Carla
(she must be off administering mediciation to the cat----or getting stiches)

Oh I couldn't STAND not participating....and I have to PT my arm anyway

Day #1
2 mins. of wt. work (using 2 lbs. only on the healing fracture to mostly lengthen the muscle and regain mobility) one set of upper body and one set of step-ups

(this is the infant work-out---but I was thrilled to be able to stretch my arm up over my head this morning in bed and now my neck is less stiff!)

onward and upward....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #174  

marbleflys,
I did read previously about problems with your arm and neck. I am so glad it is feeling better. Though as you said this is an infact workout, all the work is baby steps and it is wonderful that you can do it. Congratulations!:
hug:
eesabella,
Great to hear that you feel that you are feeling lighter. I am sure the scales will show you. I believe it was you who mentioned before that you sometime indulge in ice-cream when you visit your parents, so be careful But for now congratulations on feeling better.

Physdom,
Great start!
I've always admired people who can work out in the morning, for me it is so problematic, I feel that my body is still asleep, though I move quickly through the house when getting ready. Congrats!

Fishwoman!
TERRIFIC JOB! perhaps by the time you read this you will see my post. You will be looking great in no time!
You've mentioned that you have written down a few ideas for new challenges: I am curious to know, if you do not mind telling us what are the choices. Perhaps someone can see a great idea and follow it later on.

Linda,
I am very happy to hear that you've lost over 5pounds! It is great! Congratulations, I wish that every next day and every next step was just as easy and rewarding!

C.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Yes CBETA!! My parents eat healthfully... but they do always have ice cream and sugar-ful sorbet in their freezer YUM!! Also, their breads are multi-grain, but usually have high fructose corn syrup in them... which I try to stay away from... and my mom bakes with white flour. I went to Trader Joes yesterday and stocked up on some portable foods - so if I go over there I will bring them with me and won't be as tempted. We'll see how it goes!!

So this 24-hour fitness is literal?! It is actually open 24-hours a day!? That's pretty cool! Be careful going late nights though!! I'm soo glad to hear that your friends are doing what they can to be supportive of your lifestyle change!!

Ees
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:28 PM   #176  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh boy, I've blown my challenge. Too hot, too much to do, not enough time in the day. These are my excuses and I'm hanging on to them. I will be back up and moving at the end of the week. Meantime for the rest of you keeping hanging in there. You all seem to be doing well.
Marble great to see you back.

Gotta blow. Life gets stupid sometimes.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eesabella
So this 24-hour fitness is literal?! It is actually open 24-hours a day!? That's pretty cool! Be careful going late nights though!! I'm soo glad to hear that your friends are doing what they can to be supportive of your lifestyle change!!

Ees
Yes 24 hours is literal, but not every club is open 24/7! For example the clubs in downtown usually open till 11 or midniht, but in subburbs are 24 hours.
If multiple clubs are in proximity of one another, than the bigger one will be open 24/7. They do open most of the holidays for the entire day!
So instead of eating one can go and work out.
I am so worried about my first day of workout today... feel nervous.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #178  
Exercise Queen

Abs Day 18
No Chocolate Day 7
*No Soda Day 24 * Challenge Completed* Goal December 25th.

Today was a good day for me.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:45 PM   #179  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day #4= 1323 calories!!

my workout place had "boot camp" tonight the resistance was cranked way up on all the machines ... it was awesome!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:53 PM   #180  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Completed Day 12 of crunches and Day 19 of running yesterday. Ran for 13 minutes only, but that was after a tennis lesson and half an hour of intensive badminton.

I better figure out what to do next. Haven't had a chance to print those exercises yet...

Talk to you all later
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote