Old 12-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #256  

I have one of those bike things, they are great. Unfortunately we don't have room for it in the house so it's out in the garage and I don't like being out there, too far away from the kids!! I used it alot before I had children though....I'm sure you will love it!!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:21 PM   #257  
Exercise Queen

No Chocolate Day 11
*No Soda Day 29 * Challenge Completed* Goal December 25th.

Declaring a new level 3 challenge- No Desserts/Treats
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:21 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Let me begin today by saying that I am really happy to be a part of this group. It is nice to sit down and read your reports, events and event complaints. I feel safe and I am very glad I came here. It's been about 10 days and I see some nice changes: like over the weekend and today I easily did not care when girls ate apple turnovers. I just did not care for them. Of course I have my case of slip up for exercise on Friday... but I think water and 7pm challenges are going good. I am not doing a sweets challenge, as I only allow myself a few and only on the weekend, when my activity level higher than sitting in a chair all day long...

Challenge A: Level 2 - DAY 10 (Dec 12) finished
Challenge C: Level 3 - Day 10 (Dec 12) done.
Challenge B: Level 3 (-1) - Day 3 (Dec 12).

I've been doing good on food at home, and during lunch. Except today's lunch. Somehow I desire something hot, so I get into the hot food line, and forget that pasta with cheese cooked in oil is very high in carbs and callories, it practically swims in sauce... yuk. Yet after standing in line I feel terrible switching to the salad line, and after paying 8 bucks for it, I feel bad wasting it. I shall get it through my head... only salads everyday. If you want hot, take a soup.... repeat repeat repeat
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:56 AM   #259  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

im working on a plan to dynamite my scale...
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:43 AM   #260  
Egy Kis Lany

Back in the Saddle!!

Pilates / Lifting Challenge : Day 2 Complete (3 pause days left)

After work yesterday I did some cardio and then had a nice, "What the heck, I'll go for it!" moment and did my pilates... and then I did them again this morning. I feel good, my tummy feels good... hurrah!

Good luck to those starting a new challenge, sorry about the food poisoning, hurrah for being able to wear a bra!, and sad faces for far-away boyfriends....
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:15 AM   #261  
Exercise Queen

No Desserts/Treats *Start Day*
No Chocolate Day 11
*No Soda Day 29 * Challenge Completed* Goal December 25th.

I just wanted to say Good Morning!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:23 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Hey Everyone!!

My internet has been down, ugh! So glad it's back up!!

CBETA - I'm glad to hear that you were able to pass on the apple turnovers!! Good job!! It feels so good in the moment too doesn't it? When you sit back and watch other people eating something delicious, but feeling totally satisfied without one bite!

Red - BACK!!! ! Hope you had a great trip!! Was it a vacation or business trip? Sorry to hear about your food poisoning! Yuck! But I'm glad to hear that your crunches are getting too easy! I'm inspired, I may have to do crunches for my next challenge.

Joy -
Quote:
I think it is the time of the year when we all get icky and sticky and tempers fray etc. Christmas used to be a time of peace and happiness and serenity. Now all I see is tense, tired faces and tempers rising.
I HEAR YOU! I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster with my holiday emotions. One minute I can't sit still I'm so excited (getting the Christmas tree, decorating), the next I'm freaking out (all the stressful stuff that comes this time of year). Ugh!! Well, most people I've run into have seem to have been bitten by the Christmas cheer bug rather than the scrouge bug, so that's good!
Quote:
the tallest man in the building. I have to yell, he is in a different stratosphere.
you funny!

This group is so busy there is so much to catch up with !! Sorry to everyone I missed saying hey to - congratulations Sushi and everyone else who completed a challenge!

Update on me... Yesterday was day 10 under 1800 calories. Saturday was a pause day - my parents took me out to dinner. I kinda wish I had been good and tried to order and eat healthy... actually, I ordered decently healthy. We had mussels, yum! Then tomato mozzerella salad with artichokes. Then FRIED calamari, waaahoops! I tried to make up for it by ordering snapper for my entree. It was the only seafood dish that didn't mention pasta on the menu, but it came with delicious, thick linguine, YUM. I don't regret it too much, that was a really good meal!!

I bought a scale - it says I am 153 naked, 155 clothed... 5 pounds less than what my parent's scale usually says. Their scale is weird, I stepped on one time this weekend and it said 158, the next 160, then 156... So, whether I lost weight or not, I really don't know. I feel and look a bit thinner :-P. My starting point may just be lower though. I know for sure that I was 175 3 years ago, so I am just taking the 5 pound loss, even though it may have happened a while ago.

I have a question - my period is due 3-6 days from now. I tend to get REALLY hungry around this time. I have blood sugar issues I think, but only just before my period. I eat often enough, but I wonder if 1800 is cutting it because the past two days I have been waking up in the middle of the night with pains in my tummy because I'm so hungry. I also seem to be hungry for more of the day than I was at the start of the challenge... so I guess my question is, has anyone else noticed a need for higher calories just before her period? I'm skipping the slim fasts until I'm not as hungry - are there any other changes to my diet that I can make to help me stay under 1800? Like high fullness factor snacks or something?

K that's all I gots to say! Ees
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:13 AM   #263  
Average White Girl

Default Carb challenge question

Even though I am still doing well w/ my challenges of no soda ( day 15 ) and no chocolate ( day 10 ), I have noticed that I have started to eat more carbs. It reminds me of when I smoked, I stopped smoking, but then substituted something else for it. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm eating wheat bread, oatmeal, fibrous cereals, but I notice that even though my choices are good, there are a lot of them. I realize that part of it is that I'm not paying enough attention to when I"m full....for those who have made a carb related challenge, how have you done it? Only so many grams? Only so many servings? I'm starting to think that the carb challenge is going to be the hardest one, not the chocolate one. I have one box of Russell Stover's, and two bags of Dove chocolate for gifts, but I have no desire to eat it...
so, any advice on the substitution of carbs would be great. I think I may have to start a new challenge sooner than I was planning on...it may be the only way to save me on this one.
alteaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:39 AM   #264  
Cynical RedHead

Default Day One done!

Day one of my new challenge is under my belt.

Red - I hope you are feeling better. Food poisoning is awful.

Alteaon - sorry, I don't have any advice about the carbs. Hopefully someone else will be more nutritionally aware. I only count calories, and then try to make healthy choices that will fit into my allowance for the day. That doesn't always work, but I try each day to eat healthy.

Eesabella - maybe try more salads and soups around your period? I know that I get cravings for stuff, but I'm not necessarily hungrier than I normally am, I just *want* stuff like chips or candy or whatnot.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #265  

Day 12 SWN and Day 11 WALK.
Eating too much still. I've been hungry all day. And its not munchies, I'm craving real food. Like CBETAs pasta...
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:31 PM   #266  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Exclamation New thread started!!!

STOP!!!!! Do NOT post here!!!
A NEW THREAD is up!! Click the link below and see you there!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...75#post1042475

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote