Old 12-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #196  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Completed Day 13 of crunches and Day 20 of running.
17 crunches! And I for 15 min 20 seconds without break, hurray! ))

Oh oh hoh - just noticed - today is Day 21... dang it, I don't want this challenge to be over yet!!!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:09 PM   #197  

End of day 4 no soda challenge !!!

It's been freeeeezzzzing cold here this morning was 12 degrees, our cold water pipes were frozen, and we live in a house!

Good luck to all!!

Tina
justkeepswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #198  

Today is Day 7 of both challenges, so far no pause days taken.

Curly, love the new straight hairdo!

Ees, my kitten is happy and healthy, BUT she has runny eyes, it looks awful, and could cause problems later in one of her nine lives. So the latest "cure" is a course of antiviral drops. Six more days of it.

Yay Sushi! On Day 21 at last! Don't be too sorry it's almost over - you can always start a new running goal tomorrow.

And Fish has swum all the way through yet another challenge. ACE'd it, in fact!

Marble, thanks for your advice about meds for Lily. Of course, with the doctor shortage here, by the time I got in to see my GP for free samples, she'd probably already be in the big cat house in the sky. (Very few new docs are opting for Family practice - not enough money in it with the government fee schedule.)

Tomorrow is weigh-in at the diet doc. My chance to find out how quickly overdosing on almonds shows on the scale...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:49 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

CONGRATS to Sushi and Fish.... !!!!

p.s. when I wrote it first I thought sushi, then of sashimi, and then wrote fish. If I am not misstaken sashimi means fish...right? sorry please do not take it as a mean poak..... I really love fish, sea producs, sashimi and sushi.... and I like all of you guys in one week i feel better...thank you for being here.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:27 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

I am off to a workout.
Challenge A: Level 2 - DAY 6 (Dec 8) is still in progresss! (if I count a glass of water with ice at the sushi restoran this afternoon then I am done already)
Challenge C: Level 3 - Day 5 (Dec 7) was successfully completed. I think Day 6 (Dec 8) can be counted as well. (Note today I finished dinner at 7:25 as I was interrupted by someone from work, but I will still count it in as a good one...)
Challenge B: On my way right now.
Work was even busier than yesterday. Stress is starting to bild up and tempers have started to run high.... .
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:12 AM   #201  

Barfle Barfle Barfle! day two off of the wagon for me - back to square one tomorrow on both water and walking. We're in the midst of a nasty ice storm here and I'm off to sleepyland.

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:11 AM   #202  
Exercise Queen

It's very late, rehearsal was grueling, I'm seriously pms 'ing!

Abs Day 19
No Chocolate Day 7 Pause - see above note about pms
*No Soda Day 25 * Challenge Completed* Goal December 25th.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:46 AM   #203  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello all! I'm in Hong Kong now and yesterday totally forgot about doing my crunches. This may be the biggest problem, just remembering! That means I've used up my pause day, the only one I allotted myself on this Level 1 challenge. Let's hope I can remember and do them the rest of the 2 weeks. Not done yet today. This would be Day 10. Wish me luck!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:32 AM   #204  

Well, I blew it yesterday. I'm not sure what a pause day is, but I choose to return to day one, I guess. I made it up to day 11, though.
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #205  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Linda, a pause day is a break day. You decided on your Level, right? So, Level 1 gets one pause day, Level 2 two days etc. There's no reason to go back to Day 1. The idea is to get through the challenge, after all. Of course, it's just a game, but why not? A pause day just means that you pick up counting again the next day. Day 11 --- blow it...so Pause Day -- Day 11 again. We call it "groundhogging it!" The reason some people may not take a puase day is if they think they''ll blow it again before the 21 days are up and so they choose to start over. If you only have 10 days left...carry on!!

CBETA -- I just saw your question about the pause days. Yes, you can take them whenever you want, split them, all together, whatever. Ok? And btw, "sashimi" doesn't mean fish, it is just the word for thinly sliced raw fish or shellfish. "Sakana" is the word for fish? Like that little Japanese lesson?

Last edited by redballoon; 12-09-2005 at 07:32 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #206  
Egy Kis Lany

Pilates / Weights = Day 5 -- not yet!

I woke up early but had to do laundry and pack b/c I'm leaving work at noon and then am travelling. Lucky for me, I have the pilates video memorized, so I can do it when I arrive at my destination. (I don't remember what level I placed this, but I'll check before I go home... maybe use a pause day? Though I guess I'd rather not.)
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Made it (just barely) through Day 7 under 1800!!

I've been sooo hungry lately. I think it's because I'm in the luteal phase of my menstral cycle, ugh! Miraculously I have been staying away from the sweets! Yay!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Ees
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:42 AM   #208  
prepare for the BEST time

Day #3 for Me!
(indulge me with the dancing carrots)

I did 6 mins. of wts./cardio and was rewarded by being able to use my bad arm to actually wash my hair in a stand-up position in the shower. My range of motion is definitely increasing, it feels wonderful! and I haven't had to take narc. pain meds all week!!!!

Carla, perhaps you can get your vet. to treat you and Lilly together for a package price? In the US, regular medical school is a 4 year program, and veterinary school is a 5 year program...Who knows more?

Just joking, much time at vet. school is spent on farm animal/large animal and chicken farm management, disease control, etc. One vet did a subspecialty in snake care.....

(I'm just full of trivia)
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:18 PM   #209  
Average White Girl

Default Hercules

It's been awhile, but I"m still keepin' on...today is day 11 of no soda and day 7 of no chocolate. The other day I had to close at work. In my office, there is an obscene amount of chocolate and other not so healthy snacks: cheetos, chocolate bar, chocolate covered stuff, marshmallow stuff, ho hos...but, even when I was alone, I kept away from it all. I hid it in the cupboard so it was out of sight. I felt like hercules. Since then, I had to work two hours later than planned because someone got sick. I didn't have enough food with me, so I admit to having two cheetos. I didn't like the taste, and had some regular crackers..even with that, it wasn't tons, I think it was about five.

I had to think how long it's been since i"ve had soda. It's not so much of an issue with me anymore. I got a new water bottle which is much easier to clean than my old one. As far as carbs go, I do not consider it an official challenge, but I am just trying to be more mindful of what I eat. I have started to eat oatmeal for breakfast. It holds me over much better than my usual breakfast of an egg, bacon and toast. There may be soup involved because I'm so cold and it's damp outside, but again, since I am knowing what I am eating, even if I eat more than I should, I am aware of it and can deal with it.

I am going to dinner and a movie w/ my MIL..I was going to go to the Chinese place, but that's just asking for trouble. I"d rather go someplace with some better options, and where I won't be tempted to eat the whole thing and then some.... at the movie, I'm just going to bring in my water. If I can't, I'll buy a bottle there...

This whole idea of challenges has really helped me. I think it's the best thing I've come across so far. At work, there is a woman who never fails to let me know what size she wears and what she weighs. She does it to be mean to me, she makes snide comments when i'm there and if I'm not. She can be nice, but I think she's jealous of me because I am better at my job and more liked by patients than she is ( I've been there 5.5 yrs longer), so she takes it out on me in one of my weakest points...now I don't let it bother me. I figure slow and steady wins the race. I lost lots of weight before, but because I didnt' keep up wiht it, it's coming back...but now it's slowly receding. I'm much happier about this, and about myself;. This whole challenge thing does a lot of one's self esteem.

My husband is across the country for the next week (leaves Sunday), but I am not gong to use that as a free for all like I did before. Last time he left I dropped him off at the airport, and stopped and got a whole package of oreos with the intent to eat the whole thing.

Well, I've taken up enough room. I applaud everyone on thier efforts. This is infectious.
alteaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:20 PM   #210  
Average White Girl

Default weight goals

>>>>>>>just wanted to say I noticed that many of us have the same goal in mind: 135-150 or so....that's neat.
alteaon is offline   Reply With Quote