Old 12-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #181  

FishWoman - I'm at Washington and Lee University and I'm really interested in criminal law, specifically capital defense or public defender. I am only in my first semester, though, so I'm not sure yet.

Not done with my challenges yet for the day - I will post when I either get them done or give up and take a pause day. we shall see!

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #182  

Ok I give up for today. This will have to be my first pause day for walking and my only pause day for water. I'm not going to chug three bottles an hour before bed - the resulting potty marathon is just too unpleasant for me to deal with. Back on track tomorrow!

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Challenge A: Level 2 - DAY 5 (Dec 7) is still in progresss!
Challenge C: Level 3 - Day 4 (Dec 6) was successfully completed. I think Day 5 (Dec 7) can be counted as well.
Challenge B: well, I finished dinner just a few minutes ago, so I will be packing up to the gym, and off I go. Will write again when I return.
Work was so busy and so stressful today.
C.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 PM   #184  

Howdy all. This is Day 6 of both chocolate and wine challenges. So far no sweat.

Sorry about the infrequent posts: this has been a busy week, and by the time I get home from work all I want to do is veg in front of the box. (I don't have an opportunity to use the Internet at work.) It seems it's all I can do to just read all the posts. Fortunately our new members are extremely prolific, taking up the slack for tired Carla, travelling Red, suddenly-off-program Shad... We'll all do better soon.

Marble, it's good to see you back to some exercises, and congrats on developing cravings for healthy foods. I guess this means your a** really isn't as big as Ottawa? Sorry to be slipping up on duties. Next week will be better.

The weather here has turned cold. It was very pretty and sunny today, but with the wind chill was down round 18 below Celcius. Time for boots, winter coats, warm mitts and headbands... Thanks to work I did get about half an hour walking outside. (It would have been twice that, but our lunch break was cut short and I had to cab it home to put drops in Liliput's eyes and then hightail it right back.) Another 7 days of the old eyedrop routine. This had better work! That darn cat has been on one kind of meds or another practically since I got her. Too bad I decided the pet health insurance was a waste of money. At this rate I'll be working until I'm 80 just to pay for her little antibiotics and drops and whatever else they come up with. A friend gave me a little stuffed toy this week: a siamese kitten that is almost exactly the same size as Lily, with the same chopped off tail and tortie points. They look so cute together, almost like twins! (Except the toy doesn't mind being picked up. )

Sushi, you're on the verge of a completed abs challenge - good going! And Stage will soon be wrapping up challenge number two. Wow!

Big Zen is getting pretty vocal about his bedtime snack. I swear that cat has an alarm clock in his belly! Any minute he'll start shredding furniture and knocking things down, so this is it for now.

Greetings to Fish (almost done with ACE, I believe?), Ees, Derry, Chai, Phys, CBETA. Keep up the great work!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #185  

Hello all !!

Today is day 3 of no soda challenge.

I'm acutally doing better than I expected, I made my challenge a no regular soda challenge just in case I had to have a diet soda. But I haven't even had a diet soda!

Today I had bought a french vanilla cappacino (sp?) and I took a few sips and poured it out and got regular coffee because it was too sweet. Funny how I never noticed that before.

I also started an exercise challenge on the exercise thread, I am feeling so good mentally and physically right now.

Well I will check in tomorrow, good luck to everyone!!!
justkeepswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:39 AM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBETA
Challenge A: Level 2 - DAY 5 (Dec 7) is still in progresss!
Challenge C: Level 3 - Day 4 (Dec 6) was successfully completed. I think Day 5 (Dec 7) can be counted as well.
Challenge B: well, I finished dinner just a few minutes ago, so I will be packing up to the gym, and off I go. Will write again when I return.
Work was so busy and so stressful today.
C.
All 3 challenges completed successfully for today.
It felt good to be at a new club, and when I was doing elliptical and even when I walked out I could right away feel that my posture became more upright... tired, and off to bed I go.

p.s. quick question: I will try avoiding using my pause days as I want to be serious and pause as little as possible, but (!) if I am on Level 2 challenge can have a pause day during 2nd and 3rd weeks only? or could I potentially use pause days whenever I like, even two days in a row? Just wanted to be clear on the rules. So far I think I am doing good. This morning right after shower scales showed 266, curious to see effects of exersizing tomorrow morning.

Good luck to everyone!
C.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:03 AM   #187  
Egy Kis Lany

Pilates / Weights = Day 4 completed!

I woke up early again after the 2nd late night in a row and got my pilates in. It was even harder today and I don't feel energized like I was before. I think that I'll have to give my boyfriend an ultimatum -- he can stay at my house ONLY if he lets me get to sleep on time! I mean, I like staying up late as much as the next girl, but not if I have to be working at 7 am... yikes.

Congrats to everyone on their progress! I haven't quite gotten the hang of a big list of individual replies yet, maybe once I read more posts for a few days and feel like I'm meeting people better?

I'm really glad that I started doing this 21-day challange, and I'm thinking that maybe every 8th day I'll try and start a new one so that I'm doing up to 3 at once, but I'll build up to it gradually. For those that do more than one: Do you feel that having a few helps keep you motivated? Does it make you feel more stressed/worn out? Does anyone wish that they had more or less?
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:10 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Made my 1800 yesterday - I think that's day 5?

Congratulations on your first day at the gym CBETA and your 4 pound loss!!

Shad - sorry to hear you didn't make your challenge!! Better luck next time! Are you literally moving at the end of the week? Where to?

What's wrong with your kitty Carla??

Ees
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:16 AM   #189  
Cynical RedHead

Default Day 21 is DONE!!!

Another challenge under the belt! I am going to take today off of any challenges while I think of something good to get me through the end of the year.

CBETA - most of the ideas I have are "borrowed" from the ladies here. Ideas for challenges include: calorie (under a certain number); exercise (over a certain number of minutes, or a certain type); alcohol (none); caffiene (none); fruits & vegetables (a certain number of servings); chocolate (none); push-ups & sit-ups (over a certain number); soda (none). I know that Red and some of the others have done no white/refined flour challenges. There have been some other ideas that seemed way too complicated for me, but I can't even remember what they are now.

Chaigirl - so you think you want to be a defense attorney? That's cool. It definitely takes a strong mentality to do that. I knew from day one I wanted nothing to do with the courtroom. I currently practice securities compliance. Lots of paperwork, but you don't have to deal with people or court!

Carla - minus 18 celcius? Brrrr!!! What is that in farenheit? I know it is below freezing, and that is too cold for me. The clock outside my office building said 28 degrees (farenheit) at 9 a.m. today. I am miserable in the cold. Fortunately, it doesn't really get much colder than this. I think the coldest it has been since I moved here in 1991 was maybe 15-20 degrees. I still hate it though! I am cold if it gets below 65!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #190  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi Everyone!

It's cold here (15F this AM)and we expect BIG snow tonight, even cancelled some student exams for tomorrow... I hate cold weather!!!

Day #2 of my Challenge!

I was able to do 4 mins. of upper/lower body (added some Tae-Bo kicks but secure myself by holding the bathroom doorjam) and the big deal is that my arm could actually STRETCH to take my vitamins off the middle kitchen shelf.

Congrats Fish! and congrats to everyone else for your STAMINA!!! (very impressive)

No big-a** Coach-Carla, the Tanita that is so accurate it pisses me off, shows me down 2 lbs. but I refuse to change my tracker as I feel "Le-FLABBY"

Also, ask your vet what people meds can be substituted for kitty meds (but NEVER ASA (aspirin). This is often much cheaper and your kind family doctor might give you free samples
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #191  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysDom

I'm really glad that I started doing this 21-day challange, and I'm thinking that maybe every 8th day I'll try and start a new one so that I'm doing up to 3 at once, but I'll build up to it gradually. For those that do more than one: Do you feel that having a few helps keep you motivated? Does it make you feel more stressed/worn out? Does anyone wish that they had more or less?
PhysDom,
Perhaps I do not feel extra motivation just yet, but by doing multiple I am making sure I do not destroy all the word done by a challeng through another acitivity. It is kind of harder to be successfull, because once you mess up one challenge you might say "oh this day is a pause for everyhting", but so far my mentality has been "no pause days" if I can avoid them.
I have 3 right now: water, no eve food, and excersise, it would be helpful if I started journaling and calorie counting as well, but for now I just try to make better choices. Outside of the challenge I found a support thread that suggested journalling of food choices for the day and I did it for yesterday and today, but so far no challenge. Overall I do not feel stressed or worn out, I am reminding myself, who is the boss! I am in control.... and to make sure to be inspired, I try to read success stories. (hmm, I even took a break from other forums, so that I can fully concentrate on my goal)
Good luck. I perhaps would not recommend starting a new every 8th day, but just start a few when it feels right.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:57 PM   #192  
Egy Kis Lany

CBETA - Thanks for the reply. One of the reasons that I'm wary to start a new challenge is that I already -do- a lot of the things that are easier for me (I journal every day, drink 4 liters water/day, I don't really like or crave sweets or alcohol) so I'm scared that my challenges would be... well, challenging! !

I think that I'll at least wait until I make it through the weekend. I'll be travelling, so I'll have to do pilates on my own -- with no video.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #193  

Day 8 SWN Day 7 WALK
Don't know if it's possible to walk today. I'm booked! Busy day.
Cheers to Fishwoman!!! Way to go!!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysDom
.... I'm scared that my challenges would be... well, challenging! !
In this case then perhaps you need to a. evaluate how much you want thouse changes. b. how much value will they bring to you. If the answer is yes overall, then do go ahead and add a challenge, but perhaps do when it needed rather than every 8 days. As you said this will be very challenging to you, so do not hesitate to make it a Level 3 (as I see it), and allow for potential 3 pause days.

= disclaimer: this is just my personal view.
CBETA
Old 12-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #195  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day #5 _ 1383 calories
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote