Old 12-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #226  

Day 8 (groundhog day) very good so far. Even cooked a nice healthy balanced meal for dinner!

Stage, don't you have a pause day you could use instead of starting over? Or have you already been there?

CBETA, you're right about stress. I have thin friends who barely eat when they're under stress, whereas I eat and eat and eat. And I don't mean salads. There is a theory that stress makes us produce cortisol, which causes weight gain, but I assume it's because the cortisol increases appetite? Good for you for not giving in to that urge to eat your way out of the stress.

Shad, if you're lurking out there, I hope all is well. Any sign of a new contract that doesn't involve an unwelcome move? (I also work as a freelance contractor, which involves travel, but since the contracts are almost never longer than a week it's not a big deal.)

Red, it was good to hear from you - terrific that you can drop in. Are you at the races all day long, or do you get a chance to shop and play? Has HK changed a lot since the handover, or is it still bustling and capitalistic? Be careful with the WTO loonies. Does your little hip flask full of beer set off the metal detector?

Ta-ta 'til tomorrow.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #227  

Sushi, CONGRATULATIONS on completing your running challenge.

Altaeon, you're doing well fighting off the chocolate demons. I gave in yesterday, and it was so not worth it. I'll try to remember how disappointing it was - for another 12 days. And don't let your colleague get you down. She may well be jealous of something about you, and desperate to even the playing field by bringing you down. Just smile enigmatically and let her wonder why you're looking so pleased with yourself...
Old 12-10-2005, 09:29 PM   #228  

Day 9 SWN, Day 8 WALK
I really had to piece together a walk, 10 min here, 10 min there and finally the last 10. I hope I don't have to do it that way again. I walk about 20 min a day to pick up my son from school, but I don't count that towards the walk at all, since it's already part of my regular routine.
TOM and a cold these last few days. Doesn't help the scale move, thats for sure.
CBETA, congrats on the loss!
Hello to everyone! Hope the week-end is going well!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:40 PM   #229  
Exercise Queen

Alas I had already used my pause day for abs. I plan to restart my ab challenge Sunday or Monday.

No Chocolate Day 9
*No Soda Day 27 * Challenge Completed* Goal December 25th.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:33 PM   #230  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Hi ya all

I was lurking but now I am back. I am going for a simple challenge this time as there are family problems on the horizon well actually they arrived Friday night and I need some space and time to sort them. I'm not sure why all the family problems land on my doorstep but I guess it is nice to be needed.

My challenge this time is a stealth one. I've already been on it for about 7 days. It's no bread. I realised after the last loaf that I was feeling very - aaaah shall we say gassy, after eating it. It may be the yeast. Anyway, I feel pretty good without it even tho' it is limiting my lunches somewhat. Tortillas don't seem to cause the same problem so lunches are becoming tortilla wraps or rice paper wraps.

So I'm today on day 7.

Carla, thanks for you thoughts. I haven't been on this thread that long, but it seems a bit like home now.

Better go beat up the brother's head. Might knock some sense into him.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:54 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Thank you for everyone's kind words.
I am pretty happy to see it[weight loss], yet it is too early to feel it.
Nevertheless, I am even more happy about not eating my way through stress, as someone said here... yes the addional 3 pounds is a nice reward.
it is 2:46 am out here, and I just got back after dancing for 4 hours...tired, as anything. But I did well, only one drink - apple martini...and 2 glasses of water to catch it up. Alcohol is dehydrating and therefore it is better if you drink prently of fluids, not only absorbtion rate will be slower, thus you will not get drunk, but for the same reason less calories will go in unbroken...
(fyi, as I mentioned I am russian, and many associate russians with drinking. Partly the tradition existed because of need for various celebrations over long cold winter. Anyway 2nd way of not getting drunk ever - never drink on an empty stomach, a. it is damaging for digestive system and most importantly for kidneys b. you will get drunk faster (absorbtion rate is high) Best foods to intake? - fatty ones, i.e. hearty meats and potatoes work good, or spaggetti and sasauge.... )
Anyway.
Challenge A: Level 2 - DAY 8 (Dec 10) finished
Challenge C: Level 3 - Day 8 (Dec 10) done. (exception: I had an apple martini, so may be I shall consider this a pause day...? not sure)
Challenge B: I did not go to the gym, so technically it is a pause day. Yet, since I went dancing and actually was sweating twice... I think I can be fair and count it in.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:16 AM   #232  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

carla u got ur zelle out ?
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:45 AM   #233  

No, Curly. Zelle is becoming almost invisible from neglect. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:48 PM   #234  

Just my luck. Day one went well, and then on day too, i had back spasms, They were so bad i couldnt even move it sucked. I did well that day too during the day, but then at night i had the back spasms so i didnt go home i went to my mommys house so she can take care of me and i stayed there all week. I did NOT stick to my diet because it is hard there because i couldnt cook my own food, i couldnt wake up to make it either, my parents only have junk food and all my food was at my house. I tried to eat the small portions that i was eating on my diet though. And my doctor gave me pills for my back and they made me nauseaus so it was hard to eat as regularly as i do on the other diet. But i weighed today back on my own scale and i weigh 225 so at least I lost 10 pounds!!! YAY!

Phoesarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #235  

Day 10 SWN, Day 9 WALK
Too bad I'm eating so much. If I could just knock it off I might drop a pound or two...
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #236  

Apple, I can't remember what your SWN challenge is about - Spaghetti, White bread and Nougat? (Okay, so that wasn't brilliant, but it's hard to be clever sometimes.) Actually, I assume it's non-food, since you haven't gone back to Day 1 in spite of your gluttony. In any case, consider yourself thorougly chastised If Red, our were on line she'd give you a pep talk to help you back on track. You'll have to make do with Carla for now. Try to remember how good losing weight feels - much better than all the no-doubt yummy stuff you're shovelling in. On the plus side, as long as you're maintaining instead of gaining, there's no harm done. And since you've been dealing with TOM and a cold, maybe you just needed to be kind to yourself - for a FEW days.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #237  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

lol carla just wanted to c if u were doing any better than me with the zelle..
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 04:18 PM   #238  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi Everyone

I completed Day #4 with an *astonishing* 10 mins of wts/Cardio

Today was Day #5
of wts./cardio and I got to 12 mins.
(my HR is barely up there and I'm not cracking a sweat yet, but maybe next week)

Carla:
Go for a ride on the Gazelle.....
I WISH I could get on my rebounder or Pilates trap set-up, but they are residing in the guest (storage) room for the holidays.....I'm in the process of moving out old living room furniture and waiting for new to arrive and want to shampoo the carpets....

I will haul rebounder out on Xmas day (as I do the Xmas Eve dinner bash---this year I'm doing simple horsdoeurves and caterer for entree)

So I'm working out in the master bedroom with dumbbells, 12 inch step and ankle wts. it's better than nothing
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #239  

Alas I am currently off the wagon - my eating is still reasonable and I am still losing weight (well..I gained a pound this morning, but I know the hazards of daily weigh ins and up/down daily fluctuations...the trend is still downward, though). I will restart at day 1 tomorrow if I'm still feeling ambitious in the morning.

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:28 PM   #240  
Exercise Queen

No Chocolate Day 10
*No Soda Day 28 * Challenge Completed* Goal December 25th.

Whoo hoo I made it to double digits on no chocolate!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote