Old 10-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #331  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all (Shad's already in bed at this point).

It's a brrrrisk morning here. A bit overcast, windy and chilly. You bet if I was in the car I'd be running the heater just like Ceejay. Good football weather. DH promised we could stoke up a fire in the fireplace tonight - looking forward to that. 2 things I find immensely peaceful are watching the surf break on the ocean and watching a crackling fire.

Sox WON! Sox WON! One game down, 3 more to go. It was a good game. Game 2 tonight by a cracklin' fire. It's pretty cold in Chicago - the game ended just about 10pm it had gotten down to 45 degrees around 8:30. You could easily see their breath. Supposed to be snow flurries today. We love it when teams from warmer spots come to Chicago to play - especially football. The stadium is downtown and with winds sweeping off the lake in the winter it's darn cold - that damp frigid chill that no amount of clothes protects you from. I don't miss it at all. But I am glad to see the cooler weather - love those autumn sweaters.

Interesting that you mention the sea salt Shad. I just picked some up last week. The bottle has a self contained grinder so you can do coarse or fine. I heard if you must use salt, the sea salt is best. Thanks for the tip - I too thought that most work out cramps were potassium related but... if its really hot and you're sweating hard, the salt makes sense too. And as for being young again - I'm right there with you - nothing and I mean NOTHING could entice me to go back to being in my twenties again in this day and age. Hope you did a few gentle stretches and worked the kinks out of the bones and muscles today.

Ceejay why did you stop your thyroid meds? That's not something you fool with. I've been on thyroid pills for 14 years. Most frustrating. They never seem to get the dosage to the point where you actually feel good. You just have to keep pressing along - even if it means changing doctors a few times to get one to sit down and listen to you.

I think you asked Shad why we were painting the walls. The lady who lived here before was REALLY into antiques. She had stuff ALL OVER the walls. When they left they pulled out their pictures and shelves and decorations and left big anchor bolt holes all over the place. In some rooms it looks like a shooting gallery. We think they also had someone come in and quickly paint the interior of the house when they decided to sell it. There were lumps and bumps that were not patched correctly and you know how that looks when the light hits it. It really needed to be fixed. The room is a periwinkle blue of sorts and I love the color. DH cut a swatch out of the wall and we went to go match it. Turns out it's a blue gray with lots of gray according to the swatch but it surely didn't look like that in the room with natural light. We couldn't really match it so we settled on a newer blue we both liked. A few swipes of the paintbrush and DH heard the words all husbands fear - that's not quite right. It was a bright robins egg blue compared to the more subdued periwinkle. Sort of like the difference between THIS and THIS It was not only too bright but clashed with the blue in the wallpaper in the hall. We had purchased better paint and 3 cans of it to boot though I have no idea why so much. I told DH that no way could we keep that color and if we had to, I'd use the paint upstairs on the 3rd floor storage room since it's a hideous dijon mustard brown right now and being that it's so close to the sky, painting it a sky blue would improve upon it's feeling of being closed in - no windows in that room. We trotted back to the paint store and a wonderful young man after some puttering in the back was able to mix in a few more pigments and come very close to the color we wanted. It's a shade or two darker than the original but it looks fantastic. A fresh coat of paint and no lumps and bumps in the walls helps too. I will take a pic when it's done. Since the house was built in the 70's I also have hideous harvest gold tile in one bath. The tile is all cracked and needs to be ripped out and replaced. We talked of renovating the bath but that will cost a bit of cash so DH said if he sells his Harley, I get my whirlpool bath I want. Anyhow in this room of yellow tiles, they have wallpaper that is a red background with green leaf vines on it. The realtor thought it was pretty, I think it's horrid. While I was waiting for the paint guy to work his magic, I started looking at wallpaper books. Came across a few patterns that with some nice wallpaper borders and a bit of paint, we could at least make that room salvageable for the short term. So yesterday was a bit of a hodgepodge of activities - mostly unplanned. Today we will finish the cleaning and laundry things.

Oh and stumps came from the end of the driveway. There is a rather large metal utility box that sits on the neighbors property. Someone long ago planted bushes around it to cover the box. Not a bad idea but no one ever kept them trimmed and they grew to be taller than me. It's right where the sidewalk meets the street so it's was a huge obstruction as you pulled into the street. I almost hit a little dog one day because I could not see it as it was right by the bush as I was pulling forward. Good thing I stopped for the man walking the dog, if he had been on a longer leash I might have squished him. After that I told DH those bushes HAD to come out. Since the neighbor is a divorced woman with a lazy son who does nothing to help, if we wanted the bushes out, we had to do it ourselves. Neighbor was most agreeable - especially since she didn't have to do anything. DH cut the bushes down earlier this summer but they are fast growing so the best way to get them done with was to pull them out completely. We'll have to figure out something to put in it's place. Something guaranteed to be low growing.

Mel, what is a chicken ragout? My MIL gave me a recipe for a beef ragout that DH liked but I can't imagine that translated to chicken. I think ragout is an east coast thing. Did I understand correctly that you're getting snow flurries too? Kinda early for that, don't you think? Things haven't even dried out yet from the rains.

A week of AB? Oh Meadow, you must be in heaven!

Well I seem to have blathered on for quite long. My steel cut oats (THANK YOU LINDA T FOR RAVING ON ABOUT THESE) - are getting cold so I'd best get a move on here.

A quick recap of food for the day as promised to myself in the challenge. B= coffee, 2 small sweet rolls - 1 serving portion as per the package. I wanted more and told myself if I gave in, I couldn't have any at all. L=small grilled chicken breast, roasted vegs, 1/2 cup pasta with parmesan cheese, 1 cup salad greens, 1 tsp Italian salad dressing. D=yum yum chinese food. Snacks - 1 cookie, 1/2 cup gelatin with mixed fruit, 1 small cup cinnamon cappacino (made with low fat milk). Water - 4 and 1/2 bottles. Exercise - upper body and abs workout.

Time to get busy now. Hellos to Tig, Teel, Linus, PW, Linda T, Madcat, Holly and Rose along with all worldly lurkers.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-23-2005 at 11:33 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:15 PM   #332  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

It's a foggy, humid day in downtown Brisbane this morning. We are expecting temps in the thirties (90's) and a thunderstorm and rain tonight. I am expecting the wimp of a cat to come running and curl up on the knee at the first hint of thunder. We could do with the rain tho.

Yesterday was extremely busy. I woke up stiff and sore from the extra weights but a little digging took care of that and I have shifted a patch of weeds from the yard. I've been leaving this area alone because I want to have it concreted however the weeds have become too much so I dug them out and put down newspaper and straw to keep the weeds away until I can get the concreting done. Then I went off to the gym and spent about an hour and a half running and cycling and stepping and on the elliptical, plus a few more of the weights that I started the day before. Stuffed at the end but pleased. How come some of those good people there don't end up looking like a puddle and are all red in the face like me? Came home had breakfast or should I call it brunch, cleaned up the kitchen and did away with a couple of million ants who are obviously expecting rain because they are coming in for a the smallest crumb left around. Pulled up most of the lettuce and chard because they will not last while I am away, cut a bunch of parsley which is also becoming way too big and dug up the last of the tomato plants, pulled the fruit and took all the goodies (3 supermarket bags of it) around to my friends place. I know they will put the food to good use. Went to the supermarket for a couple of big steaks and came home to mow the lawns and shift the pot plants into the shade for the summer. I watered them from the raintank, but the flow is so slow from the tank that it was very boring.
DS2 came to dinner (hence the steaks) and we had steak, spud, carrot and beans with a garlic and herb sauce in front of the tv while I told him all the things he has to do while I'm away. I doubt that he listened, but he said yes in the right places so I guess some of it sunk in. Cat has an inkling of what is going on and is behaving accordingly.

Happy - SOX won!!!! Congratulations SOX! Are you making a trip to the finals if they get there??? Glad to hear they changed the paint for you. It's never impossible. Here they have a computer laser type thing that you can take your desired colour and have is scanned and it tells them the tones and shades that make up that colour. It's amazing. One bloke - last time I was at the paint shop took in a metal tool box painted in enamels a sort of sage green shade and they made up a paint to match for his new tool box to go on the utility tray. Interesting to see a guy matching his toolboxes! The man at the paintshop tells me they have scanned and matched paint to such things as a sweater, gumboots, fence posts, favourite teddy bears and the colour of the MIL's bedjacket. I usually buy a sample pot first before the big can and go home and paint the wall or ceiling to ensure it is the colour I want before I buy large and expensive cans of it. Sample pot = $10. Large can $50+. Anyway it sounds like you are moving along with putting your stamp on the house. I hear you with the patches and lumps and bumps on the walls. I have a heap of them to straighten out. Why don't you get someone to paint a mural on the utilities box and then you have no need of plants around the box. They are an eyesore when they are grey and dull, but around here they paint them with pictures of rainforests and waterfalls and parrots etc. Same with the walls along the motorways and the power poles.

Mel - I hope you now have your a*se out of the kitchen. Too much cooking is not a good thing. Is the ragout a sort of stew thing with veges and stuff?

Ceejay - Orange juice huh? Well I have drinking a little of a thing called smart juice which has raspberry, cranberry, blueberry, apple and grape juice plus wheatgrass and ginseng. Supposed to be good for you - but I have my doubts as DS actually liked it last night. He never likes much that is good for you! Orange juice is also loaded with fructose (sugar) and one thing I have to keep down is the sugar level. My sugar levels are borderline @ 6.1 but they have been stable there for some time because I have cut a lot of sugar and sugar stuff from my diet. My doctor tells me the insulin tanks are running dry so watch it. Since I have no intention of getting rid of the 'miracle' status (diabetes or lack there of) I will continue to monitor the sugar very carefully. Maybe I might try an orange instead and see if that makes any difference. That way I get the juice and some fibre and even better I love oranges. Thanks for the tip.

Time to move along. The gang is arriving for the day.

3 days to go!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:39 PM   #333  

Look what Ralphie Posted:
Do your outer choices reflect your inner values?

Apparently the inner values that are being reflected is that I am HUNGRY. Always. All ways.

After I watch some football with DH, I am going to write in the journals about this. It has shaken me up. It also managed to help me get to bed without eating -- even though I stayed up til 4 am doing digital paintings. Hmm.
Hungry. My. Whole. Life.

I'd hoped I didn't have to examine any more sadness or feelings of 'want.' Don't get me wrong, I've had a firmly "middle class" life with all the accessories... but hungry nevertheless.

Hugs to all of you my chickie friends.
Fall arrived here last night... windows still open but definitely needed jammies AND blankets!
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:49 AM   #334  
Choose your hard

Aha - a dancing carrot in addition to a dancing bananna. A few pumpkin smilies too Mel.

Well my Sox pulled another game off. 2 down, 2 to go. It was a throat in the mouth game - we pulled ahead, they caught up, we scored, they scored, we got a grand slam (home run with bases loaded) to pull ahead. Then we threw it away and gave them 2 runs to catch up. Finally in the last inning we scored a home run to win the game. Good game. I felt sorry for the spectators sitting in the cold steady rain all night. Brrrr.

It's cold here too. I finally turned the heat on in the house. We had a nice fire in the fireplace last night during the game too.

I would like to get a bit ahead of myself this morning so I'm going to cut it short here and pick up later.

Have a good one everybody. IT'S ALMOST HERE SHAD.

Take care too Tig - I hope the hurricane scoots past you. Looks pretty intense down there in Florida.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy--I had to turn the heater on last night also. That's really why I want an electric blanket. The heat makes me miserable at night. I love to breathe the cold air. It was 38 degrees this morning on the way to work. brrrr, I'm loving it.
BTW, I'm taking the Synthroid again. I thought I was taking it. To much on my mind lately.

Shad-- Have you got every thing packed or at least a list of things to pack?

Holly--where are you?

PainterWoman--Thanks for the information. Will be talking to you soon.

Hello to Mel, Roseblush, Tig, Linus, Meadow, and the rest.

I'm trying my best to get into the exercise routine. Got up again this morning and got in 45 minutes of aerobics. Did 15 minutes of upper body toning yesterday at work and will do the same today. Fitday was nice to me yesterday. I was a little under the calorie limit but over the carb limit. I really need to watch that today. I didn't realize how many carbs fruit has in it and I love fruit. Just need to get the right kinds.

I've been at work for an hour and already had to call Tim, my boss. One of the hoses blew in the chemical room. I was just planning on refilling one tank today but now I have to do two. They had cleaned out this line just before it happened so I'm thinking they may have bumped the hose. Oh, the joys of being a water plant operator!

It's time to make a routine check on things.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #336  

HI, i have been reading here all weekend, smiling , encouraging, enjoying....I guess I didn't post.
We have had our fire going for 2 full days and probably for the next few months now.
Shad~ you must be getting VERY excited about leaving on your trip!!!!!

Hello to everyone!!!!

I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!!
I had a completely ON Plan SB day. I had an OP day for the fist time since...well.... last spring!!!!!!!!!!!
Daily Journal
1.My renewal statement for the day. I CAN do it!!!!
2. Weekly weight.~ hovering on the low side of 230, possibly 229....I need to buy a better scale
3. Exercise-type, how long, what level.~ Serious heavy yard work. It was FAB!!! 2.5 hours. I wish I could do it every day. my heart is out there.
4. % fat, carbs, protein.
5. # meals and snacks.~2 meals 3 snacks
6.# fruits, # of veg.~ 5 cups veg!!!!
7. How many glasses of water.~ lots
8. Time of last food intake, time I went to bed.~9pm, bed at 11pm
9. Why and when I ate due to stress or emotions.~ did not!!!!!
10.General feelings about food, exercise, life.~ groovy!!!
11. Any really good events or feelings today.~ YUP! Kids have a lingering cold. I went to church alone. It was peaceful. Had some good convo without someone hanging off my clothes. Gardened for 2.5 hours. Picked a satelite receiver for our old TV for upstairs.Finally found some LF ricotta. I idd buy splenda( EW!!!!) . I would rather use no sugar at all.Tidied up, delivered some Avon. Watched to tube, went to bed ,slept for 7.5 hours!!
12. Overall, how did the day go.~ very nice. Peaceful. Harmonious.
13. How can I improve for tomorrow. I cant !! I will stay on the wave.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:35 PM   #337  
Choose your hard

Good for you Holly for sticking to plan! It's quite a feeling of accomplishment, isn't it? Keep it up

Ceejay - I had to laugh at your remark about the cold. Last night I had the windows wide open and I was snuggled under a light down comforter. I was toasty warm under the covers yet the pillows (and my nose) were freezing cold. Just the way I like it The only problem is getting out of that nice warm bed in the morning. The house was 54 degrees when I got up. I finally broke down and turned the furnace on. Yes, it is kind of sad to think there's carbs in fruit until you realize that sugar is carbs whether natural or refined. Just have to stick with the fruit that's lower in natural sugars. I know watermelon and cherries were high sugar. Plums and banannas were on the low end, apples in the middle. I can look back in my files if you wanted some specifics. Oops got to run to the doc, be back to add to this later...

oooh - that laughing pumpkin is kinda creepy it's like "the better to EAT you my little pretty..."

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-24-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #338  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Do my choices reflect my inner values???

Undoubtedly, not always! Do I choose not to rape, murder, steal or otherwise violate - yes in that respect I choose to reflect my inner values. Do I always, always speak with clear tongue - no, because sometimes my thoughts would literally burn others - not often but sometimes. Do I choose to do what I had instilled in me as a kid always - no, I try to do good where I can, but I am not the patron saint of hopeless causes as my folks expected me to be. Do I make the absolutely and honestly correct food choices - absolutely not! Almost never. There is no doubt that I don't eat a lot of rubbish, however I do love the good things of life and it is not always in moderation that I chomp my way through them. pumpkin being one of them. (dancing or not) are another. Do I give to charities - yes, but I get very grumpy that nearly 50c of every dollar I give goes to administration. Considering that the majority of people in the charity are volunteers, I think that is a bit steep. I would be a great supporter of a central charity committee that pools the many millions of dollars garnered throughout the public and private sector for charities.
All in all - do my choices reflect my inner values? I guess since I can live with myself and my conscience and I sleep well at night - then I'm doing okay with the conflict resolution.
Nice thought Painter.

Woohoo Happy, the Sox are doing it, GO SOX, GO SOX. Heating now being turned on up there hoo boy!!!!

Ceejay, way to go on the exercise routine - well done. It will be a habit before too long and you will be up with the larks and at it. You may never get to like it much (like me) but it will be a habit and get done.
No I haven't even started to pack yet. This morning I did sort out some underwear and nightwear and that is in a pile beside the case. Tonight I will add the jeans, skirt, tops and shoes and then I will start to think about the toiletries. It's not a hard choice. I put out all the things I want to take, then go through the pile and reduce it to 5 sets of undies, a nightshirt, 3 pairs of socks and 3 pairs of tights or knee his, one good pair of shoes, one pair of walking shoes and one pair of sneakers. One skirt, one good pair of trousers, one pair of jeans (one of which I will wear on the plane) follow along with 5 tee shirt tops and one good outfit in case we go out for the evening. Perhaps a jumper or a jacket for seasons like this. I take nothing that needs ironing. I have a fairly large flat toiletry case which fits inside my normal case. It holds contact lens stuff, medication, foot soother, shampoo (decanted into a small plastic bottle as is my liquid cleanser/ soap) toothbrush and small tube of toothpaste). I also add 2 sets of workout clothes - for my early morning walk/ runs. Glasses in case completes the suitcase. Pack everything as flat as possible. Shoes all in one end in plastic bags, toiletries in other end and I am away - 12kg of luggage including the case. Camera, batteries, any jewellery I take (which isn't much) is in the camera bag. Cards, money, passport and tickets are in a waist belt, pulled tight and tucked under the clothing. I'm ready to go. Now that wasn't hard was it?

Holly - way to go with op. Long may it last. Yep, I guess my heart is in the garden as well. I much prefer to be out there than inside.

Mel - are you stuck in the kitchen with the chili - or are you on the loo?

Hello to Meadow, Tig (hope Wilma is leaving you alone) LindaT, Teel, Linus, EVERYBODY.

Email from Chris last night who said it is getting a bit cooler up there. Some of the leaves are starting to turn, they are setting up a light show up the hill a bit where they light up some autumnal Maples which in turn reflect their glorious leaves in the ponds that surround them. Sounds like my sort of photo.

Need to go to the ladies, so I'll leave you at this point.

2 days to go.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:14 PM   #339  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

TO THE NEW SMILEYS!!
ALTHOUGH WHAT A CARROT HAS TO DO WITH HALLOWEEN IS A MYSTERY TO ME!!

HAPPY! THE RAGOUT WAS MADE WITH CHICKEN BREASTS. RED ONION, RED PEPPERS, GRAPE TOMATOES AND RED POTATOES. THE SPICES WERE FRESH ROSEMARY AND A 1/2 C OF WATER AND SOME FRESH PARSLEY ADDED AT THE END. TOOK ABOUT 1 HR TO MAKE AND IT WAS WORTH IT. WE USED EXTRA VEGGIES WITH IT. IT'S FROM MARTHA STEWART'S EVERYDAY FOOD MAGAZINE. GO SOX!!!! BTW..I SAID LIGHT "SHOW" NOT SNOW! YOU CRACKED ME UP!!

PW~ NOT SURE WHAT MY CHOICES OR INNER VALUES ARE RIGHT NOW! LOL NOW YOU ARE WEARING JAMMIES....AS OPPOSED TO NO JAMMIES before?!?!?!

CEEJAY~ NICE AM EXERCISING AND MORE AT WORK? GREAT JOB. WE ARE SUFFERING THE JOYS OF TOO MUCH WATER UP HERE! SEE...IT TAKES A WOMAN TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT!!! GOOD THING YOU SAW THE HOSE!!!

SHAD~ SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE VEGGIES OUT IN THE GARDEN FOR THE ANTS. MAYBE IF THEY HAD A "GROCERY STORE" OUTSIDE IN THE GARDEN, THEY'D STAY THERE! BETTER PUT SUNDAY ON BUG PATROL WHILE YOU'RE GONE!! THE ANTS COULD PICK UP THE HOUSE AND CART IT AWAY WHILE THE DS IS SLEEPING OR WATCHING FOOTY!!!

HOLLY~A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THE OP SB DAY!! GOOD FOR YOU AND IT'S A GREAT START IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!

TO THE REST OF THE GIRLS!
WEATHER IS RAUNCHY SO THE HEAD WAS TOO. I WATCHED DVD'S TODAY AND DID LITTLE THINGS THAT NEEDED TAKING CARE OF. JEN WAS DOWN FOR THE COUNT TODAY ALSO. TOMORROW MAY NOT BE ANY BETTER BUT WE ARE PREPARED WITH MEDS TO TAKE TONIGHT. IT'S ALL ABOUT "PRESSURE". BOTH INSIDE AND OUT.
WE HAD A TALK TODAY ABOUT HOW WE SHOULD STOP COMPARING OURSELVES TO "NORMAL" PEOPLE AND CUT OURSELVES SOME SLACK. JUST GOING TO GO WITH THE FLOW SO TO SPEAK AND BE A LITTLE LESS HARD ON OURSELVES TO BOOT. FEELS BETTER ALREADY!
WELL......I HEAR ALFRED HITCHCOCK ON THE TV AND WANT TO GO AND SEE WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT......GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:03 PM   #340  

To PW's Question..... Do your outer choices reflect your inner values?
Been thinking on this since this morning.
I would say a resounding yes except for the food/weight issues. I come back to the what's eating me concept and I have worked at that for a couple of years and there was a lot eating. Now there isn't.NSV, I suppose. So maybe it is time for my outer body to start to reflect the inner me!

An enjoyable evening read thru the posts. Nighty night.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:46 AM   #341  
Choose your hard

It appears we have 3 cats now. 1) the neighbor's cat who comes round to cuddle and nab some of those good cat treats, 2) a ferral cat whom we've been feeding for a couple of months now and 3) the newest gray and white sorta looks like Holly's cat but with a bit shorter hair tho same colors and marking who has shown up in our back yard recently. She's been extremely skittish from the get go, came here for food but if you looked at her cross-eyed through the door she bolted. However, this the past week she's kept her distance but meowed back when DH tried "talking" to her. He said he'd get her to come to him but I had my doubts. Tonight he was out there and sure enough, she was cuddling with him - cautious no less but definitely loving a good scratching. It didn't take her long to warm up to me too. It's pretty cold out - in the low 40's and I'm sure she's tired of sleeping in the cold dirt under the azalea bushes. We have some fleece throws and we made her a sleeping box. It took her a while to get on the blanket but once she did, she started kneeding it and purring like crazy. She settled down against my leg, had a good wash and curled up to sleep. However I had no intention of spending the night on the porch acting as her heating pad so once I knew she was settled in, I got up and came into the house. Went out a few times to check on her and she was quite content. It's kind of sad, she seems to be declawed on all 4 paws - kind of cruel to let a cat out that has absolutely no defenses. We're not sure where she came from, we've seen no lost flyers posted and if she lived nearby like the neighbor's cat, we're sure even if she came for the treats, she'd find her way home again, especially now that it's getting cold. But she's been here consistently for the last 3 weeks. DH understands the rules tho, she can live on the porch but no way does she make it into the house or he knows the ramifications as we have a deal

Mel, I could have sworn you said SNOW. Man, I'm not only going deaf but blind too - ha ha. PW I hope you are not sitting up late thinking about how hungry you are. I find it particularly difficult when the cooler weather comes in. I call it the winter hybernating bear syndrome. Eat, eat, eat. One of the cures for this is to make lousy meals. You hardly ever want to overeat crappy food.

Yesterday I was kind of busy and I skipped lunch. Had a decent dinner of fish, green beans almondine and cucumbers with dill. I had gone grocery shopping so there were some temptations in the house. All night long I kept thinking "I want... I want... I want". Kept telling myself no. Over and over. Finally said to myself I could have half a banana if I just HAD to have something. I was just looking to be bad, not that I desired anything in particular. I made it all the way to the end of the night and the cravings just hit bad. It was almost 11pm and I was finishing up the kitchen and about to head to bed. Being the idiot that I am, I had decided to have just a few (4) ice cream nuggets. I had the freezer open and was just about to grab the carton when into the kitchen walks DH. What are you doing up???? He went to bed early to watch some TV and was asleep by 9 when I went upstairs to ask him something. His shoulder was bothering him and he put the heating pad on. Since it was rather chilly, he piled on the warmest comforter and then woke up blazing hot and little did he know but he came down to rescue me from myself. I didn't have the ice cream. Sometimes I ask for divine intervention to help me along this bumpy path. I have to believe that last night was one of those little "assists". When you've been eating sugar on a regular basis, those first few days of doing without are hard.

So do my outer choices reflect my inner values? I suppose I can point to the fact that I HATE to give anything up - even if I desperately need to give it up. I buy more clothes than I need and have a hard time getting rid of that which I have no reason to hang on to anymore. If left to my own devices, I will pick that which tastes great over that which is great for me - tho I'm getting much better at that. And even tho I am allergic to cats, on a cold night I will pick one up and cuddle it to bring a little warmth and tenderness into it's life even if it means I'll spend the night a sneezin' and a wheezin'. So there's alot of incidents that I can say yes, but I also agree with much that Shad says where I hold back for the good of society.

And with that, it's time to open the window, let the cool air in and crawl under those cozy covers. G'night.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-25-2005 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:39 AM   #342  

NOT on program. My external choices show that I am HUNGRY. All the @#$%'d time, apparently..... but for what? Well, actually, I know for what... but since the time has passed when i can get that... I guess I must embrace the pain of doing without....

Congrats Holly on your OP day.

Mel: All those smilies make me dizzy! Can you see giving CARROTS to trick or treaters! Yowza.

Bon Voyage (almost) Shad....

sorry this is short... DH came home early and I'm ALL off "schedule"!!
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:50 AM   #343  

Tuesday and it feels like Thursday. Meaning I am ready for a weekend.Yikes. I was low key all day yesterday. Had trouble gettin motivated.I did get some cleaning and sorting done.
I just have 2 toddlers today til noon. DH just left for work but it has been raining. I hope it holds off so I can have 2 hours to myself this aft.
I ate at weird times yesterday and then felt odd by bedtime. I was OP tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daily Journal
1.My renewal statement for the day. I CAN do this!!!!!!!
2. Weekly weight.230
3. Exercise-type, how long, what level. yikes
4. % fat, carbs, protein.
5. # meals and snacks.1 meal and 4 snacks sorta
6.# fruits, # of veg. 4 cups of veg
7. How many glasses of water. 10
8. Time of last food intake, time I went to bed. 8pm, bed at 11:30
9. Why and when I ate due to stress or emotions.- hmmmm.....I ate because I was feeling wonky but i missed supper cause of hockey practise, ate before and after......dont think it was stress
10.General feelings about food, exercise, life.- I am feeling like I can handle eating what is best for my body type and health.- I need to get out and walk,-life is good.
11. Any really good events or feelings today.- The kids were MUCH better today as far as behaviour and cattiness etc. I did so much conflict resolution last week it was exhausting. Hoping it sticks,lol. I used 2 recipes from the SB book.Storytime at the library was nice.I didn’t get pissy about getting DS dressed in his hockey gear for his practise.Had a good chat with some Mom’s. I was feeling wonky so I went to bed instead of doing Avon ordering. I have all day today to work away at that.Feeling thankful for my marriage. DH and I seem to be in a great groove.
12. Overall, how did the day go.- okey dokey
13. How can I improve for tomorrow.- time my food intake better.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:52 AM   #344  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

This morning was more like dusk than dawn. The great wind is whipping the tree branches and the leaves right off them. The greener leaves look like they are fighting for their lives. The day has such a feeling of the typical cold and wet New England October that I plugged in my micro fiber pumpkin lest Icabod Crane lose his way and need a beacon of hope! No more rotting pumpkins with candles on my window sill. Mel is now modernized!
I really have nothing of importance to write this morning. Just wanted to say hello.
Happy~ the feelings in your post about the cats and inner stuff could well have been mine. I find it hard not to pet anything I run across on my journeys. I also try to wash my hands immediately! But you my friend are braver! I never let them touch my clothes if I can help it.....except pants bottoms!
With the treats and cozy bed, at least they know someone cares.

PW~I am starving lately or so I would think. Not sure why except the weather got colder and I feel like food 24/7. Hope the treatments are going well and not too much discomfort. Sending ((((HUGS))))) your way in case you could use a few. If we gave healthy foods to the Treaters we would get Tricked for sure....toilet papered at the very least!

Holly~ hello and glad there has been so much progress for NSV!!! WTG! I have not worked as hard in that area this year. Been too sidetracked!

Shad~ thinking of your trip and soon departure. Have a lovely time. We will miss you but be jealous all the same. Japan! What an exciting thought! A country steeped in tradition. Wonder how they are hanging on to it in the modern world. You will have to let us know the answer. Safe and happy journey little Sister.
Porangi will sit here patiently awaiting PHOTOS!!!!

NAE, TEEL, LINUS AND OUR MISS TIG!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:53 AM   #345  

Default morning all

Is today the travel day for our Shad? Have a great voyage and safe passage, I wonder how long a flight that is for you? I do hope you enjoy yourself and your friend is feeling better to enjoy showing you all around.
The weather here has been so beautiful it is a great Indian Summer and the morning are not even chilly as least not for me yet. So getting up early and letting out the puppy is still enjoyable. Mel I can hardly believe when I saw the storm might push some nasty weather your way in the coming days.
You gals have been so philosophical lately..... but self analyzis is always good if you don't take to beating yourself up about too many things at the same time. I just got back some pics of myself some were good others frightful and that is a good reflection to post on the freezer door for a reality check....yuck!
It was so fun to get my pics back in the mail.... they covered the entire summer and the wedding and pics of the new puppy and Teeka I have some very good shots. My friend is so gorgeous in her wedding poses I am excited to send her copies.
My next trip up North is Nov 3 for a crown prep... yuck and on friday will be lefse making day with my mom.... so fun and so tradional. and this year she going host her own ludafist dinner.... any other norweigns out there know what I am saying??????
I am excited and looking forward to it so much.
How is our little CJ and his mum doing these days? Looking forward to more pics soon!!!
Hope all is well with everyone today and give a smile a word of praise..... kindness is the best medicine.
Blessings,
Roseblush
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote