Old 10-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #181  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

It's going to be another stinker, they are predicting 36C, around 102F, today and with hot blustery winds. Well thanks guys. That means a heap of dust. Aaah well put up with it, summer is here. The bugs are coming back as well. Last night I rushed around and cleaned the house and did the washing. This morning I have done an hour in the garden clearing weeds and rubbish from an area I am going to have concreted this summer - provided the pennies are there. I shall have to get a couple of quotes shortly.

So today I can concentrate on the challenge, the dining room ceiling, getting some meals in the freezer for the DS2 and working on the taxes which must be done by the end of this weekend. I put a chicken in the oven this morning while I was out in the garden. So that will be a couple of meals when I get veges in there with them. I've got some lamb roasting at the moment. Should be finished in half an hour or so. There's another couple of meals as well. I'll pick up a couple of ham steaks at the store on the way home and he can have some pilaf with ham and veges. I'll have to think of a few other things - this kid is not domesticated and if I don't cook, he will but the resulting mess will be nasty. Easier if I do it and clean up behind me.

It's time to go do something before I go to gym. Back later to comment.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:56 PM   #182  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

The weekend is here! Yeowww, Shad! Bugs, dust, and 102! I wish you could just paddle on over. It's only 82 here. I'm relaxing with a glass of little Boomey cabernet while the oldest dog is relaxing with me; the youngest dog is trying to entice me to play ball by throwing it for me (truly!); and the girly dog is relaxing with Slim, the love of her life. Is the gym going well for you? Our next race isn't until the end of the month. Creaky Bones 5K for the Arthritis Foundation. We are saving our pennies to go to Okinawa in June 2007. We talked to our DDIL last week. She said The Thugs are already speaking Japanese and she takes them shopping with her when she goes into town. I can't wait to hear about your visit!

SMellie has the grandbirdie for the weekend! Are you going to take the little chirper to see Chicken Little? (Might be too intense.) Sounds like you are doing great with your challenge.

happy, I hope your knee is doing better. Are you icing it and taking it easy? Hope it isn't annoying that I'm hovering. Knees worry me - I'm not so convinced by the back theory, I guess.

Holly, what was your modified SB diet? I'm really interested because one of the side effects of my new medicine is that I have a different view of food. It sounds like you had a really great day. You definitely deserved that!!

Linus, thanks for peeking in. And your dear wee one is precious.

Poor ceejay. I haven't had chiggers in years, but it sure made me itch reading about yours. Alchohol still for them or is there a different, more humane for your skin, remedy these days?

Nae, I'm glad that Toby decided to listen to you about challenging the deer. Are the deer traveling through or are they inhabitants of the area? Is it unusual that there are so many? I'm always very interested in the animals.

Happy Birthday Month PainterWoman! You are Entitled to Celebrate all month.

Meadow, you are always so expressive with pictures. I really admire your visual talent. I liked the balancing act. I think that's my job at work. That and Herding Cats and evidently making people cry and forcing them to throw temper tantrums. At least that must be part of my job description because they happen at least once or twice a week!

Hello to anyone that I missed. It was old age, not intentional. It sounds like everyone is doing great with the challenges.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 10:09 PM   #183  

Shad~ I love the way your day is shaping up. Sounds like a nice blend of food prep and garden!!
Your hairy friend the other day was a hoot.
Tig~ I found I couldn't go full phase 1, which is detox with no carbs ,fruit etc.
Phase 2 is more reasonable to me,adding in good carbs. They have food lists on the the forum here. Easy to use.
So, I am eating small amounts of fruit, no sweets or bread and small amounts of whole grains, 4 c of veg a day and 2-4 oz lean protein at every meal.Nuts for snacks.
I really weant to try some SB specific recipes.
Bread, ice cream,crackers,chips are binge foods for me so I am doing none. I feel good about the control. The scale hasn't shifted much.
The comment to meadow about making people cry and have tantrums is making me chuckle....my week was a little like that,I triggered a few people.

Mel~ be good to that winged friend. You sound like it was good although busy week. Now you can relax. Your visit sounds lovely,too.

I went and picked up thanksgiving fixins while DD was at gym. I will cook a turkey, stuffing,potatoes,carrots and pumpkin pie on Sunday. DS asked if we could sit in the diningroom!! Well, of course.
He plays hockey tomorrow but i am not going.I will be sleeping in, puttering, gardening and maybe some crafting.weehee!!
I picked up a glorious huge deep burgundy garden MUM!!!

It is the front right corner colour.They bloom til it snows.

Have happy day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mums.jpg (3.7 KB, 16 views)
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:18 PM   #184  

Had a good day... although if I'm to keep up with my water I'll be up peeing all night!!

Congratulations to all who are still on challenge (or who've stopped beating themselves up!!).

Linus-- I understand completely... Tell the relatives that if they REALLY wanted to be helpful they could pump their OWN breast milk... maybe that'll keep them out of your hair. My daughter wouldn't do breast AND bottle, so I was stuck. But #2 child, DS, would slurp anything from any source. Perhaps when Mr. Munchkin is a bit older he can be taught to be similarly adaptable... for your sake.

CJ... ewwwwwwwww I hate chiggers. I'm a fan of clear nailpolish and LOTS of benadryl or antihistamine. Hope yours appreciate your generous offer of a return to their native territory.

Shad... great monster... sorry your day was tough. It has only just gotten cool here. I was going to twist DH's arm to go to State Fair of Texas (www.bigtex.com) which is an amazing spectacle... but this weekend is a big rival football game... so we might have to play hookey in a week or so.... Neither of us are big on crowds... especially college aged ones full of beer.

Mel... what an awesome present for your friend... so thoughtful and understanding. I must say, though, I'm lost about the identity of "john" Hope his return/visit goes well anyway.

I felt well enough today to wear low heeled pumps to the MD and movie. EGAD... I must go back to sneakers or slides tomorrow. Who knew my calves had gotten so lazy.

Happy weekend all.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:20 AM   #185  

Default Day 2 of 21

It's been a good day. Didn't get as hot as I thought it would although the telly tonight said it reached 38 and well over 40 out west. Obviously, where I was, it wasn't that bad.

Garden got dug,
Lawn got mowed,
Hedged got trimmed - now I need to do the top
6 Meals got plonked in the freezer. The freezer got cleaned out. Have another 4 or 5 to go and that will be it for the lad.
Had an hours siesta with a book on the bed
Went to the gym 2 hours
The dining room ceiling is tomorrows effort.

Painter - Hope you got to walk again today. It is so good for you and you can do the bonding thing with DH - two things in one go. Watch the shoes if you haven't been wearing heels for a long time. It does get up the back of your leg.

Holly - Thanksgiving dinner sounds nice. Hang on a tick I'll be right over. The chryssies are a lovely colour too. Glad that you are having a bit of time for yourself today gardening and crafting. Good stuff.

Tig - Go on, get out there and play with that dog. They are not there forever - Shad the dog used to love to play ball. Even when he was starting to deteriorate in the spine he loved to get out there and pretend he was still as good as ever if only for a short time. I take it little Boomey is a breed of Cabernet wine???? I thought the balanceing act was the necessary ingredient in Projects - as for the tears and tantrums. Well I've had a few of them myself - where they throw up the arms and declare it is all too hard, burst into tears and run from the room - and that's only the blokes.

Mel, I am glad you made it - well done. It always annoys me when they don't have a preventative maintenance plan. It may be expensive to install and take two years to come to full bloom, but the money it saves is amazing. Prevention always was, always is, and always will be better than cure.

Falling asleep at the computer here. Time to call it a day and go to bed. Another busy day tomorrow.

More of the same,
Food, Exercise, Water, Portions, carbs.
Garden
Ceiling
Cooking
Hedge if time and inclination
Taxes. Uuuugh. But I have put them off for too long.
Wash the car - the birds used it for target practice at gym today. Although I may give in and take it through the car wash when I fill it up with petrol in the morning. It will certainly save me the time to do it myself. And I can sit in it and watch the water come through and remember when it used to rain like that here.

That's it from me. Catch you same time same space tomorrow.

Last edited by Shad; 10-08-2005 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:01 AM   #186  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I SEE SHAD IS ALREADY WELL INTO HER WEEKEND WITH A LIST OF TO DO'S!!! MY EX CALLED IT THE HONEY DO LIST. FUNNY HOW I ALWAYS ENDED UP RE-DOING THEM!!! LOL 102!! YIKES!!! I WILL BE NEEDING SOME OF THAT HEAT SOON ENOUGH! GET THE A/C OUT!!! SAME TIME, SAME SPACE SAME BAT CHANNEL.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE TAXES! AND WHERE IS THE HAMMOCK OR IS IT A WEE BIT TOO HOT FOR THAT?!?!?

TIG IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO SEE YOU AND GLAD FOR THE UPDATE ON THE THUGS. AHHHH TO BE YOUNG AND LEARN A NEW LANGUAGE. I HOPE THEY'RE ALL HAPPY. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE.
I HAVE SOME CREAKING GOING ON AND MAYBE I COULD ROLL ALONG SIDE YOU!!! I COULD CARRY THE WATER! GOOD LUCK!!

PAINTER~ JOHN IS THE MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR I FILLED IN FOR. HE LEFT ON A CRUISE WITH THE DW FOR HER BD. HOPE HE HAD A GOOD TIME CAUSE TUESDAY HE'S GETTING YELLED AT! LOL I WILL STOP BY BIG TEX LATER AND CATCH A GLIMPSE OF THE FAIR....DOES TEXAS DO ANYTHING SMALL?????ROFLMAO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND! LOL

CEEJAY~ HAS THE TRAINEE BEEN CRYING YET?!?! LOL
HOPE YOU GET THAT MANUAL COPIED. IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO LOSE ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S SO USEFUL TOO! I REALLY THINK TIM WOULD TRULY BE LOST WITHOUT YOU...IT SHOWED WHEN YOU WERE OUT WITH YOUR FOOT. YOU ARE THE WATER NYMPH OF THE PLANT!!

HOLLY~ CUTE THE DS ASKED ABOUT THE DININGROOM. FUNNY HOW KIDS GET. WHEN JEN WAS SMALL ALL THE GOOD STUFF HAD TO COME OUT WHEN GRANDMA CAME. SHE LOVED HOLIDAYS AND BEING MORE FORMAL....WONDER WHERE SHE GOT THE HOLIDAY THING?!?! ROFL I HOPE YOURS WILL BE FILLED WITH HAPPINESS AND GO SMOOTHLY. YOUR MUMS ARE GORGEOUS. WE USED THEM HERE ONE YEAR WITH THE ORNAMENTAL KALE AND IT WAS A REAL TREAT FOR THE EYES!

LINUS~ I THINK OF CJ ALL THE TIME!! I ALSO KEEP FORGETTING TO SHOW JEN THE PICTURES SO I'LL PRINT THEM OUT TODAY AND MAKE COPIES!! REST IN BETWEEN THE WELL WISHER VISITS AND I KNOW YOU WILL DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR BOTH OF YOU WITH THE BREAST FEEDING. JUST DON'T WEAR YOURSELF OUT....

HAPPY~ I SENT IT WITH THE US POSTAL SERVICE AND I AM AS STUNNED AS YOU THAT IT GOT THERE. MAYBE CAUSE IT WAS LIGHTER THAN THE FIRST ONHE I SENT?! WHEN I SENT THE BIG BOX, IT TOOK FOREVER AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A GONER!!! BUT IT FINALLY GOT THERE. THIS ONE I PUT 2 OUTFITS IN A MUCH SMALLER BOX AND HOW IT GOT THERE IS A MYSTERY TO ME. MAYBE MARY(WILLY'S WIFE) SENT IT 1ST CLASS? I DON'T KNOW?!?!?!? YOU ARE ANOTHER BUSY GAL!!! WOW!! IF I HAD YOUR JOB I'D BE COLLAPSING AT NIGHT. WHEN I HEAR YOU AND SHAD TALK ABOUT ALL THE "HEAD STUFF" I GET JUST READING IT!!! LOL NOTHING TIRES ME FASTER.....I'M A MORE "PHYSICAL" KIND OF GAL. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SOME WARMER WEATHER AND ENJOY THAT YARD TOO. YOU AND SHAD NEED HAMMOCK TIME!!! LOL
PS: THE PARTS FOR THE CHAIR HAVE YET TO ARRIVE!!!

MEADOW!~ THE AVON LADY WAS A DELIGHT....THE COLORS REALLY POPPED OFF THE SCREEN! HOW IS THE NEW HOME GOING? ARE YOU ALL SETTLED IN AND UNPACKED? SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU DID A GREAT AMOUNT OF WORK IN A VERY SHORT TIME!! I AM IMPRESSED WITH THE SPEED IN WHICH IT WAS ALL DONE! HAVE YOU FINISHED WANTING TO YELL AT THE CONTRACTORS?!?! I OFTEN THINK OF YOU WHEN I WORK WITH THE GUYS.....CAUSE I YELL ALOT!!! I USE THE PHRASE: WTF WERE YOU THINKING....MANY TIMES IN THE COURSE OF ONE DAY!!! BUT I LOVE THEM

NAE~ I FEEL SORRY FOR THAT DOG THAT HE HAS TO GO HOME. THEY'RE NOT GIVING HIM ENOUGH ATTENTION!!! LOL THEN YOU COULD HAVE TRIPLETS!!! I MISS JEN'S BIRD WHEN HE'S GONE BUT WHEN HE'S HERE I THINK OF BIRDY STEW!
WITH ALL THE SNOW BLOWING UP NORTH, HAVE YOU SEEN ANY? I WAS SO SURPRISED TO SEE SOME PICS ON THE TV!!! GET THE SHOVELS READY!!!

GOD I HOPE I HAVEN'T MISSED ANYONE EXCEPT TEEL HOPE SHE'S HAVING A GOOD REST AND ENJOYING THE VISIT.
I SLEPT TILL 7:30 AND WAS SHOCKED THE BIRD DID TOO. IT'S DARK AND POURING ALL OF SHAD'S RAIN ON NJ THIS MORNING!!! I WILL SEND SOME TO HER! I BOUGHT ORGANIC BURGERS, HASHBROWNS AND VEGGIES. GOING TO MAKE IT A VERY EASY 3 DAY WEEKEND! I MIGHT NOT EVEN DO ANYTHING AT ALL!
HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT AND STAY WELL!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-08-2005 at 09:05 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:12 AM   #187  
Happy September

LINDA~ I ALMOST FORGOT YOU!!! AND I THOUGHT OF USING YOUR PROD THIS WEEK TOO!!! I COULD HAVE USED IT MANY TIMES IN ALL THE OFFICES!!! WE ARE A LAZY BUNCH DOWNSTAIRS!!! LOL I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN YOUR EXERCISE CLASS BUT ALAS MY INTERNET SERVICE DOESN'T START UNTIL ABOUT 8AM!
SO I WILL HAVE TO PASS ON THAT ONE!!! I HAVE ALSO TRIED MANY TIMES TO GET HOTCUP OVER HERE!!! MAYBE WHEN SHE READS ALL THIS SHE'LL COME. MAYBE I SHOULD TRY PUTTING A GUILT TRIP ON HER!!! ROFLMAO WE E-MAIL A LOT AND STAY IN TOUCH THAT WAY SO I KNOW SHE'S HOLDING HER OWN
HOW IS THE JOB GOING? I THINK I HAVE MISSED SOMETHING ABOUT IT?!?!?! HAPPY WEEKEND!!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #188  

Being as it is Thanksgivng, just thought I should express how thankful I am for each one of you and your unique gifts and talents and brilliants minds!!! We are a lucky bunch here on this thread.At least I am lucky. Some days it is like having 4-5 great Mom's. I adore the guidance, feedback, being challenged and supported.
Okay, enough mush, LOL!

Shad~ I can honestly say I do not envy the heat. I have good old scottish blood, transplanted in Canada. Cool and drizzly is okay by me.

PW~ you are sounding wonderful!!! Heels even!!!!

I have invited Java too.She has a very sick kitty right now.

Mel~hope you are relaxing.

HUGS to everyone!!

I slept way in!!! Just having a coffee. I have 2 of my boys here. The Mom's Grandma died and the funeral is today. They are just like family. The oldest, DS and DH are going to hockey any minute. DD and the 2 yo and I will hang out.
DH has been tidying the kitchen every night AND he cut the back grass. I think he wants to get lucky and doesn't want to hear that I am too tired or stressed out from house work!
I realy need to do bookkeeping. I really dont like it. I am quite capable but like Mel I am a mover and shaker. I would way rather clean a toilet.

I am soooo happy to be home with no pressing engagements. I still want to roughly plan my day out. I really dont like to misuse valuable time. Gawd I am a geek.

HUGS chickies!!!

Last edited by Hollyhock; 10-08-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #189  
Happy September

AND A

Old 10-08-2005, 11:12 AM   #190  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chickies,
Right now it's a sun shiny 53F/12C. Guess Shad would call that a cold winter's day in the tropics but it's actually a lovely invigorating day. Get your autumn sweater on and go rake the leaves or plant some lovely "chryssies".

I know the color you speak of Holly - should look gorgeous in your yard. And they are so full and lush. Happy planting!

Happy Thanksgiving to Holly and Meadow and Ruthie and Madcat. Hope they are enjoying a nice warm day since they pushed the cold all down our way

Poor Mel. I have just looked at the weather map and the entire east coast from tip to tip is covered in rain, heavy rain Good day for you to whip up a pot of soup, sit back and enjoy those videos. Might want to hold the umbrella over your head in case birdie decides to do a fly by over your head again! I don't think Mary's much into posting on a thread but thanks for inviting her anyway. Maybe we should set out some turtle flakes and lead a trail over here.

Shad did you make all those meals for the DS while you're away? Is that his incentive for watching the house and cat for you? One more week and you're on your way. Betcha can't wait! I know what you mean about the taxes. I used to file ours a week after we got the paperwork but now I've left it up to DH as he does it via the computer. I support the one flat tax rate, take it off the top, no deductions, no filing. If you're going to stick us, minimize the pain.

And you asked what are chiggers? They are tiny little mites that gather and bite the skin causing red bumps and intense, savage itching - worse than 100 mossies biting you all at once. Some areas are more prone to them than others. Not something you prefer to encounter in your life. Sorry to hear that you ran into a gang of them CJ.

PW good to hear you're holding your own on the challenge. It doesn't take long for those leg muscles to cramp up in heels.

Teel, if you're peeking, we miss you and wish you'd come back.

Linus, good of you to check in too. I think people don't realize that when they gather together to "help" you out they are interfering far more than they are helping. Perhaps you should take the wee man and go sneak into one of their houses while they are over at yours

Tig, thanks for the concern on the knee. It's the back of the knee that hurts. Kind of like when you stub your toe and you walk a bit off center - those muscles hurt because you aren't walking properly. That's what it feels like. Today I will wrap it for some extra support, it's just hard to wrap a joint - the bandage is either too tight or it keeps slipping. They come up with such cool names for your races. What a great way to stay active and involved.

CeeJay, enjoy your trip with the family. Make those plans quickly for your sister's visit. Air fares are going up, schedules are getting cut. They are making it harder for us to fly.

Rose hope all is well in your part of the states. Enjoy the deer and the puppies.

Hello to Linda T who will no doubt put me to shame having already probably got her day well underway. No, no, no - I'll do better - no cattle prod for me

DH is pestering me - I said I'd get up and take my car in for an oil change this morning - I keep forgetting and I'm overdue for that. He's an up early get things done kinda guy (like Shad), I'm a wake up, have a coffee sluggish person myself. But I do have lots of plans for the day and they don't get done sitting here in front of the computer. So on with it.

Later chickies...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:32 PM   #191  

Default Onto Day 3

It's blowing a gale out there today. Started sometime in the night when the hammock frame blew over and wrapped itself around the hot water cylinder. I got up and went and had a look but since it could go no further I left it there and went back to bed. It's a lot cooler now as well. But because of the wind, I shall have to revise the plans to finish the hedge trimming (up a ladder) and working outside digging bone dry dusty weeds won't be too great either. And to make matters worse the wind is blowing the wrong way for sanding the ceiling - all the dust would get blown back into the house. Plan B appears called for. At this stage I have no idea what plan B might be, but I will think of something. All I know is that the gym opens at 8.00am this morning and I will be there.

Happy I still have 18 days before I fly away. I simply started early with the cooking. If I leave him to it, the DS2 will either eat junk or cook and make a mess. He needs something in a hurry because he works nights from Midnight to 9.00am and then from 10.00 to around 5 at his second job. So in order to get enough sleep, he has to eat quickly, no time for good hearty stews or roasts. Therefore it is the least I can do to make sure he eats well while he is doing me a favour. I put 6 in the freezer last night. I'll get another couple done today. I'm only away for 13 days. He can eat out over weekends or whatever. I guess I should get his old room ready for him as well. That's something I can do today - sort out the futon. Some of the slats are coming unglued and unpinned so I could get my trusty screwdriver and fix them all back up again.

And to all our wonderful Canadian folk and their families on this and other threads. Thanks for being our friends and .....

Old 10-08-2005, 06:16 PM   #192  
Radiate self!

My computer has gone for a dive again. The video driver has pixilated everything, I can barely make out some things. I'm going to try and use the boot disc the shop guy gave me, but if you don't see me in awhile you will know the reason.. I blew up the computer The boot disc didn't work, couldn't get it to work actually I changed the video setting to 32 bit colour and that seemed to have fixed the hiccup, somehow it changed itself to 16 bit somehow. Computers are strange and mysterious things.

The teachers here are on strike so my kids didn't have to go to school on Friday. Monday is our Thanksgiving, so long weekend here We are going to my inlaws for an early ham dinner, nobody here really cares for turkey. I will miss the stuffing though, love that

Last edited by Meadow; 10-08-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:02 PM   #193  
Radiate self!

We had a lovely day here today, sunny and warm. I hope a rainbow appeared somewhere for all you lovely ladies that had rain today

Mel-those turkeys in fishnet stockings are hilarious No cooking for me this weekend, it is all going to be the MIL. Good luck with the bird sitting, perhaps you should find an old Baretta rerun so it can see one of its own that made good in Hollywood I doubt that I will ever feel really settled in this new place. How long before a place feels like home? I took the girls up to get videos today, 79 cents each for the cartoon ones, so I thought I could splurge

Holly-doing the "Martha Stewart" version of a meal I remember seeing a show of Martha's where she baked a turkey for all those hours and then baked it again covered in flake pastery Beautiful Chrysanthemum, I have three bright yellow ones planted out front here such hardy bloomers for the fall.

Painter-what movie did you go to? You know the new Zorro is coming out the end of this month Nice to read you are feeling so chipper.

Tig-I love that title for the race "creaky bones" Okanawa huh? Are you speaking Japanese as well as the thugs? They will use it against you if you aren't

Teel, Linus, Ceejay, Linda, Rose and gosh anyone else who pops by to visit HELLO! How was your day? Smile someone is watching you

Shad-your to do lists make me tired I have a cold trying to catch me which is my excuse for not being up to much of late. I have done exercise three times this week and am drinking more water so I'm doing alright challenge wise.

Happy-how many of your "plans for the day" came about? did the car get its fix of fresh oil?
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:05 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello every one
The week end was great. I enjoyed babysitting the 2yo. She was adorable and so easy to keep. I got in my exercise playing with her. Can you believe that she can count to 5! I was impressed. It's been a long time since I've changed diapers. My niece is almost 15. The last diaper I changed was a cloth diaper and had to use safety pins. I put hers on backwards. I wondered why those tabs were hard to close.

Not sure who asked but I renewed the air plane ticket on Thursday and talked to my sister who lives in Dallas today. I was scheduled to visit in December of 2004 but got snowed in so I'm set to go. I have a vacation sheet filled out but need to put it in Bud's box for him to ok it. He'll have to fill in for me that Monday.

The chiggers are just about gone. YIPEE. Thank goodness for clear finger nail polish.

Shad you make me tired just reading your posts. I forgot about the challenge today and bought a coke. This time I'm going to take a "bust day" and start again tomorrow.

Mel You are one busy lady. I'm glad you are back. Good for you on making 7 out of 21 days of this challenge. Your bird incident reminds me of the saying "May the bluebird of happiness fly over you" I think you're right, it likes you.

Holly Happy Thanksgiving.

Hello to the rest.

I have a full 4 day week end this coming week end and I'm looking forward to it.
Aunt and uncle are going on vacation. They need a few day's just to themselves.

I'm preparing my food for tomorrow. It's the only way I can stay on plan. All I've had today is starches and my blood sugar will show it.

Have a good day/night.::

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-08-2005 at 09:16 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:12 AM   #195  

R&R RULES!!!!!
OMG a well rested and relaxed Hollyhock!!!! Woooohoooooo!!!! An entire day of no pressing engagements. Putter and more putter. I completed ALL of the Avon bookkeeping!!! We had the loveliest family time. No whining from anyone including me!!! A great morning so far.
Going to church and then cooking my heart out with the the Thanksgiving fixins.
I want to do a a tidy thru and vacuum and pull out my fall decorations. Better late than never.
I had a wonderful chit chat with my co chair from school council. I really needed some feedback on my "talk" the other night. She thinks I covered things well and remained emoitionally dettached. There have been some personal attacks flying around. Hard not to be upset.This is challenging in a good way.
It is 0C outside and 15C in the house( 32F and 60F).I wore my granny flannies to bed, pulled out the extra blanket and wooly socks!!!!!!
I did some weeding and transplanting yesterday. Once the bird in in the oven I will mulch and water those bits.

Meadow~ no flakey pastry here just a flakey Mom. Beautiful pic. VERY Canadian!!!!
Happy turkey day to ya( or is that ham day). Have fun at the inlaws.

Ceejay~ you sound happy and peaceful. Glad the chiggers are leaving you. I ahve never hear dof them either. Glad you enjoyed the toddler time.

Shad~ hope you haven't blown away.

Waving hi to everyone!!!!