Old 10-10-2005, 10:50 PM   #211  

Hello!! The turkey and pumpkin pie had been eaten and massively enjoyed and on to an OP diet day tomorrow.
It was fun to read everyone's happy news and chit chat!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:00 PM   #212  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy - why are you now an Old BAT? I like bats - I'm a bit bats myself. Are we going to get the old bat bit right through to Halloween????

Holly glad the turkey and pie have been eaten. For the life of me I can not imagine eating pumpkin pie!! Pumpkin is good with the roast potatoes and is yummy with cheese sauce and great in soups but pudding???? Can you tell I am from downunder??? Teel would be saying something like - Pumpkin - ugghghghghgh feed it to the cows!!!

Just went out to lunch - bought a MYO salad and frittata and went to the gardens. Got sidetracked by 4 bearded dragons. They were having a wonderful time trying to get me to feed them. There's a couple of turtles there too. They were watching from a distance and the ducks and waterfowl sort of ducked around the dragons who thought that they were the kings of the crumbs.

Better go get a coffee and do some work.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #213  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I like bats too. Without them we'd be wading through a layer of bugs 1 meter (3 feet) high. They sure do eat alot!

It was either old bat or great pumpkin for seasonal Halloween. Will have to think of something turkey like for November.

You have to remember that our pumpkin is not like your squash. I would not even dream of making a spaghetti squash dessert or an acorn squash pie. Yet most of us only know the humble orange squash known as pumpkin as a dessert - pie, pumpkin squares, I've even heard one girl on the threads raving about a pumpkin (milk) shake. I think pumpkin is getting more popular here with people touting soups and other sorts of tasty bits. Still can only get fresh pumpkin 1 month out of the year - kind of limits the time for creative cooking choices.

Wish I could have been sitting with you on the bench at lunch - sounds peaceful yet entertaining too.

Hellos to all the chicks, wiggle those fingers and set to typing a bit here, ok? I'm off for a good night's snooze. Sweet dreams all and a pleasant afternoon to Shad.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:01 AM   #214  

The pie is a delectable blend of the orange pumpkin pulp cooked to a mush, whipped up with some eggs, brown sugar,cinnamon, nutmeg,ginger ,milk poured into a pastry and baked for an hour. mmmmmm
I use butternut squash to make soups and other "pumpkin" recipe. I do know of a good lowfat bread recipe.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #215  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Pumpkin and Mincemeat pies! YUM!!!

Ceejay~ hope the foot gets a good look at. Funny thing is that yesterday I was going to ask you if it still bothers you....guess you must have "heard" me!!! LOL It must feel just grand when you exercise! Hope the holiday weekend was restful at least.

Holly~ Funny how all the food just tastes so much better on a Holiday isn't it? Glad the day was a great one.

Happy~ Think there are many singing and dancing geckos in Oz? Maybe we could become agents for koalas instead....start a whole new trend of insurance commercials. Or the Cockatoos!!! Baretta all over again!
Sans the creep Robert Blake of course. Hope the dr get you all "straightened out". Can't be nice to have the feet going in a different direction from the body!!!

Shad~ Sunday would love me cause i would be giving her a lot of attention to keep her away from Happy! Happy might just toss her out the door!!!
I love pumpkin pies with all the spices in it. Have you never had a PROPER pumpkin pie?! Delicious :eat1: :eat2:
MEL<----works cheap for food! Isn't it grand when the kids recognize perfection?!?!?

Good thing there are only 4 of you this morning cause I ran out of welcome signs
I too do not know why we have so many welcome signs and no pumpkin men!!! Must be an influx of newbies coming and 3fc is getting ready for them all!
No shopping today, bad night, bad sciatica and who the f*ck knows what else. Change of weather stuff so this too shall pass!
Jen is coming down for a chat and pc games. I will recline in my chair and she can lull me to sleep with her own brand of cursing each time she misses at the games.
Hope everyone has a great day! to the rest!!! too!

PS~ Happy, I am afraid to change my avatar cause I never want to lose wheels of fire! I wouldn't know how to get it back there again......and would anyone recognize me without it! I love your bat and love holiday decorations!!
<----really not sure what these are for but I do feel compelled to use them. After all someone went to a great deal of trouble to give them to us! and I have had ones that I love dearly in the past
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #216  
Choose your hard

Bumping us up on the thread. I would LOVE Sunday the cat - even if she did make me all sneezy. Reminds me of our dear departed Kitty who lived 22 years with us. I love cats, just can't live with them in the house anymore. All the better if she's affectionate too.

Argh - rant of the day. Wish people would LEARN TO USE A FAX MACHINE! People don't put the number in right and then walk away (like they can't wait 2 minutes for their fax to go through). The number doesn't dial right and the machine is really loud and it keeps trying the same bad number, irritating phone noise and mechanical message over and over and over. Probably the same people who run a giant copy job, don't make sure there's paper in the bins and then take off. Meanwhile all our print jobs get stuck waiting on the inconsiderate co-workers. I am not as brave as some of my counterparts who just come along and hit the big ole DELETE button Actually I am brave, it's just that I won't mince words tangling with the offender so I just avoid the confrontation.

'k - gotta go earn my pennies now.

No more talk of yum yum pies ok, we're supposed to be suffering here.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi chicks,
Shad--I' m trying to get organiszed. I don't know how I got so unorganized but I did. It's probably from all this running around I do on week ends.

Mel--I started giving into my left foot last week. I'm praying that the podiatrist will give me another injection but I know that the question is coming so I'm prepared for it,after the holiday's doc. I have 2 trips planned in November (Texas and Missouri) and one in December.(Suppose to go to Kentucky for Christmas.)

For those who haven't read my journal's last year, I found out that I had heel spurs and bunions on each foot. The podiatrist did surgery on the right foot and I suppose it's time for the other. It's been a little over a year but I'm just not ready for that yet. However, I'll be lucky this year and just have 2 surgeries instead of 3. Did I ever have a sore foot! Do not even want to think about it.

Happy--I like the new avatar. You must be getting ready for Holloween. That's one event I just wish would disappear.

Holly---Your pumpkin pie sounds yum.

I went to bed a little earlier last night, and this morning I got up and did my exercise before 6 a.m. You know it's not a real challenge and at the end of the day the best part is that I don't have a guilt complex for not doing it. BTW, I prepared part of my food for today last night. I have a small oven so I can cook simple things at work.

I've been reading LindaT's journal for over a year. I see a routine in her day's as well as organization. I know what I have to do to loose this weight but I have to get organized.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-11-2005 at 04:28 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #218  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Day 6 of 21....15 days to take off

Day 6 and still doing okay. I'm on about Day 19 on the other challenge. Yesterday:

Food
Exercise
Water
Lo Carb and Portions

Trucking on....... and on..... and on.

Ceejay - LindaT's journal (where's she go to by the way - someboday say something to her???) has been an inspiration to many and yet she has kept it a personal reminder of her days and struggles. She's obviously organised and strong minded and determined to do things properly and well. There's not much doubt in my mind that that determination and singlemindedness has led to a few other outside problems for her as well both personally and professionally, however she just works on it and at it (nagging as she would say) until whatever it is either goes away or comes around to her way of thinking. Awesome.

Happy - I feel that rant. Happens here all the time. Don't fill up the printer or copier, don't feed toner to the fax, don't bother to check the fax number just guess! Oh and while we are at it, let's just put a password on the large and cumbersome spreadsheet that the whole project uses and let's neglect to tell anyone what it is and let's go on a study break for 3 freaking weeks.
I like the bat and the moon. I have the objection to the old bat bit. We are not old, just moving along the edges of our prime time.

Holly - the pumpkin pie sounds nice. Not doubting that, I was just brought up with pumpkins (all year round) that we ate because it was a cheap and easy vege to grow. We have a variety of the orange firm flesh pumpkins starting with Jarrahdale (also known as Ironbark because it is so big and hard - I can remember my father chopping into it with an axe - and it takes forever to cook) and working through Queensland Blue (forget what the NZ name of it is, Jap, Butternut to the very tiny yummy Nuggets. Squash was and still is the acorn squash, marrow, spaghetti squash and all the attendant varieties. We tend to only use them as vegetables. Love 'em.

I see Mel's got the WELCOME mat out. Maybe the sisters are taking their own tip and not putting the smilies up until it is closer to the day.
You can come and cuddle Sunday anytime but be sure to wear non colour clothes - she leaves fur all over everywhere. Anything for cheap food huh Mel. Endure a 10 - 15 hour flight for cheap food. Goodonya.

Here the gecko's sell tyres. There is a gorgeous green cartoon one selling a particular variety at the moment. Gotta love it when he has a good deepbellied laugh - looks like before he starts banging the floor with his fist.

Tonight is the last night of exercise for the week. I really look forward to Thursday and Friday off. And it seems like the exercise goes faster too. But boy do I need those days off. I am really, really tired come Wednesday night.

Last night I went home and hung out some laundry. All the gym gear etc. This morning it was grey and cloudy and the forecast was 'chance of a late storm or afternoon rain' so I went and bought it in again. Not quite dry, but better than dripping. Anyway as I drove to the station it got finer and finer, so now it is hot, sunny and scarcely a cloud. Grrrr I should have left it out and tempted the rain. Yes I hang my laundry out in the sun and wind Happy - probably one of the few who do. I love the feel and smell of sun and breeze dried towels and sheets.

Brought in a big salad and some chargrilled salmon for lunch today. Lettuce, tomatoes, beetroot all from the garden. It's such a productive little garden. Gotta love it. Not sure if the last lot of tomatoes I planted will come to much - what with the water restrictions and now the heat. I won't give up on them just yet tho. Rocket has all gone to seed, so has the coriander. Guess I will have little plants popping up everywhere shortly.

I guess Meadow's computer has bitten the dust again as she hasn't been back, but where is the Painterwoman? Tig it's time for a wave Teel, I know you are back home again, where are you? Linus & CJ

for us all.

Last edited by Shad; 10-11-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #219  
Radiate self!

My computer is hanging in there, this time it was the cable/internet company doing upgrades or something, plus my kids are home because of the teacher's strike, doesn't look like they will be going back anytime this week. So my exercise has gone down the tubes, still drinking the water though, doing a little instead of just opting out of it all like I would have once upon a time

Ceejay-Would be nice if we could absorb some of the determination that exists on this site and make a pill to give to us less than focused folk Sorry about your floorpads, that sounds very painful. Surgery, wow, I hope it gets fixed for good and you can forget about that area for awhile

Shad-Who is a goer? Cogratulations on keeping the challenge working Sorry the weather tricked you into bringing your clothes in. You are right, there is nothing like the smell of the wind in your clothes. You would think that would make me want to run around outside more wouldn't you I haven't had spahgetti squash in ages, hmm, should look into that

Mel-Does Jen's birdy like the Baretta bird? Is there chatter? Sorry about your Sciatica, AB suffers from that too. Do you have a hotwater bottle? That can help sometimes, at least might allow you to get a bit of sleep. to Jen and I hope she is able to take your mind off things and maybe lull you to sleep

Happy-Faxmachine bandits! The rotten so and so's, must make a sign that says "check your number" to hang over the area or sticky notes, I love the pink ones You can say all sorts of nasty comments on them but because they are on a pink background they appear so much friendlier

Holly-I suppose you make your pumpkin pie from scratch and don't buy the in a tin stuff? Why aren't you on that Martha Stewart apprentice show? Baby you have it so nailed How are you doing with the kids? Have they tied you to a tree and pretended to be Indians yet? Locked you in a closet and run around the house screaming its snowing while throwing popcorn at each other? I made chocolate chip cookies and forgot a cup of flour in the first go round so I had one batch of flat cookies and the next of little rounded up ones Martha doesn't want me

Hi de ho! all you dedicated, stunning beauties out there!
I took a walk in the quote garden again and came away with these lovely boquets of words

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. ~Author Unknown

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking. ~Buddhist Saying

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday. ~Author Unknown

Last edited by Meadow; 10-11-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:16 AM   #220  
Choose your hard

Ok, no more old bat. I have changed my title to something of a tribute to Mel and her wonderful classic movies.

Was a long night tonight - homeowners association meeting ran way long. Busy night. It's almost 12:30 and I'm not in bed yet. Will be horrid trying to get up tomorrow. Will catch up later...

Oh and I totally blew my challenge today. No exercise, bare minimum of water. Slip, slide, bumpity bumpity bump back to day one. Fail to plan, plan to fail...

MEL - you've changed your avitar! LOVELY! I will always have a copy of wheels of fire around so don't you go worrying about losing it!

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-12-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:49 AM   #221  

Hi, Y'all. Boy... I skip a couple of days and you are PAGES AND PAGES ahead.
There's not much news here.
Re: Challenge -- I'm back to day 1. my feet really hurt... swollen ankles... so I didn't exercise... didn't even stretch. Didn't drink my full 8 glasses of water, and I didn't write things down.
Re: Surviving --I had another MD adventure today and it was more of a challenge than I expected. (I'll probably make a journal entry... I haven't sorted it all out yet.)
Re: Baby Surprise Jacket-- only have one seam to do and a few ends to weave in. Guess what... Mine doesn't look "like the picture." I don't think a baby will mind though... especially if I knit a cute matching hat to go with it.
Re: NHL: My local team (Dallas Stars) WON!
Re: "work" --I've got a staff meeting tomorrow. Not really interested. Blah blah. feeling sorry for myself. I should get back to doing my online newsletter or other marketing because I hardly have any clients.

Last but not least, Mr. Marston was in top form today but after I read it I just had a personal tsunami of cynicism.

If you don't see me right away, I'm probably out eating worms somewhere.

Fill your moments with action, and there will be little time
left for worry. Fill your moments with meaning, and there
will be little time left for despair.

Fill your days with discovery, and you will fill your life
with valuable knowledge. Fill your hours with caring,
compassion and respect, and you will fill your world with
love and friendship.

Fill your thoughts with positive possibilities, and the best
things in life will surely be within your reach. Fill your
words with encouragement and enthusiasm, and you'll often
find people and circumstances lining up in your favor.

Fill your efforts with purpose, persistence, diligence and
integrity. And your life will be filled with valuable
achievements.

Fill your heart with a love of truth and goodness. And your
soul will be filled with the treasure of wisdom.

Your life is a most precious gift. Fill every corner of it
with the best that you can.

Ralph Marston
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:58 AM   #222  
Choose your hard

Oh dear. I daresay we are about to teeter on the edge of a grand mal funk-a-rama here. I can just feel it.

Ok everyone - to shift that mindset - post 3 things you are grateful for - right here, right now at the moment.

I am grateful for:
1) my delicious orange flavored coffee I am enjoying right now
2) that a warm shower and a good stretch pulls the ache out of these bones and ligaments and tendons
3) that even tho my bones ache and I might be a bit stiff, I can still move around. I took a quick peek at People magazine this morning waiting for the coffee to brew. There is an article about a 19 year old boy who after partying with friends, feel asleep on railroad tracks and was hit by a train. He lost one arm and both legs at the knee. He has prosthetics and now competes in marathons (running AND swimming) and is more athletic than prior to the accident.

When I get in a blue funk, I always seem to find someone way worse off than me who doesn't let life stop them. The old "I cried because I had no shoes but then I met a man who had no feet" thing.

C'mon ladies, take my hand. We're headed up to Mel's where it's been raining like crazy. I'm in the mood for some serious (rain) puddle jumping -- are you in with me? Got flavored teas and warm apple cider with cinnamon to warm us after and cuddly soft afghan blankets while we sit around the fire and tell funny stories. Are you with me?
Old 10-12-2005, 08:41 AM   #223  

Default Hooray

You ladies make me laugh and smile and think good thoughts. I would love to go over to Miss Mel's for a chatter and a cuppa anything! Let's go!!!
I am feeling so pleased with myself....the newsletter is done done done.....hurrah!!!!! It is off my list and I feel the weight of it over..... finally..... geez that to do list is looking better all the time.
I have another long day today and Toby is not going to like it.... he started to scratch the corner of the bathroom rug last night by the time I got home.... I felt so bad.
the challenge is still going well and I will be off to montana tomorrow for a little break...which should be fun!
Hope everyone has a great day....
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:00 AM   #224  
Happy September

I could do with a cuddle, hot cocoa and maybe even toasted marshmallows! 3 things I am grateful for:
1-that my 2 wheelchairs are both running
(I think the old one has to go into a recycle pile...no parts)

2-that I have enough $$ to run extra radiators cause my butt is freezing!

3-that Jen, Richie and I are in good health and 99% happy

Having said all that, I am going to make breakfast. Today was Fosamax day and you cannot eat for 1/2 hr and I got up late!

Happy~ we have fax f*ckers here too. That's what I call them when I find no paper!!! The machine is higher up and I can't load it! FLY ME TO THE MOON AND LET ME PLAY AMONG THE STARS....LA LA LA
I had to change the avatar so I could be decorated like you! I actually e-mailed my wheels to myself and saved the mail. JIC!!! lol I tried copying it but then couldn't open the file! So I figured if I kept it in a letter then I could mail it to you and Shad for
re-inserting! I remember very well my profile picture fiasco here! hours with no success!!!
Never again!!!

Ceejay~ Your holidays this year will be lots of family contact Maybe you can hitch a ride with Santa!
Hope the foot holds out till after the Holidays. Poor Tim will be puling out his hair again!!! LOL

Shad~ I miss the old clothesline here and all the lovely smells of air dried clothes. I remember my Gram "snapping" the towels and sheets to soften them a bit before we used them. She would give them a good shaking while we were in the tub. Today's kids would probably think they smell FUNNY!!!!

Meadow~ I have to use ice packs for my back cause it's a dual problem. Heat swells the muscle tissue and causes another problem altogether! maybe you and the kids should have an exercise hour at your house! When Jack Lalane(sp) was the top exercise guru when I was a kid, my brother and I would get out the kitchen chairs in the lkivingroom and exercise along with him and his white dog and my Grandmother!!! Hope the strike ends and the kids get back to school.....they just barely got started!!!

Painter~Ralphie Boy keeps me going and thinking. many times he's been a great help. I e-mailed him once and he answered. Very nice guy. Or at least in his letter! Hope the week goes better for you and keep plugging along!!
NO BODY LOVES ME
EVERYBODY HATES ME
THINK I'LL GO AND EAT WORMS......LA LA LA
I sang that one day in my journal. Cracked people up.

OK it's after 9 and safe to eat and I must depart. Holly may have posted by now. She keeps sneaking in here while I'm typing!
to everyone else and have a great day/night.

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-12-2005 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:06 AM   #225  
Happy September

OH!!! IT WAS NAE INSTEAD OF HOLLY!!! LOL HELLO HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME IN MONTANA AND GLAD THE LIST IS GOING SO WELL. AS FAST AS I GET ONE THING OFF ANOTHER GOES ON!