Old 09-29-2005, 12:21 PM   #166  
burned out bus driver

Another short hello......just got back from my WW meeting. I lost 2#! (about time!)
A great meeting too, sorry for being so enthusiastic but I needed a good kick in the butt and got one today. Actually a kick to stay the course.......
It just started raining here, fortunately I got back from all my errands before the heavy rain hit. Now to get ready for my afternoon, and face the monsters (who, BTW were pretty good this morning). I probably will not be back tonite, Dh wants to go with me to Sam's (our big hot date out....Sam's club.....ugh......).
Hope everyone is having a good day. See ya!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:19 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Afternoon ladies,

Tomorrow's Friday! Yeah!

Mouse: I have to stay away from those sales, because I do not know when to stop. That's great that they had some good stuff you could use. I absolutely love my books and sharing them with me students. I even let my highschoolers "check out" my personal books (science and non-science).

Ginny: I slept until 5:30 today, I usually get up at 6, and I felt great! I've just been running around school so much lately (I've been a lab-oholic) that it finally caught up with me. This is my third year at this school and I always had to switch with another teacher for lab since there were no more by the time they added me. Well, we had a huge addition to our only 8-yr-old school and I got a brand-spanking-new 1500+ square food classroom and lab. I got all new equipment (although some of it is on backorder) and all that jazz, so I've kind of went crazy on the experiments. It's paid off at the scale too....I felt "light" today and hopped on the scale this morning (couple of days before I normally do). I'm not sure (no contacts in or glasses on) but I think I may have lost more than my usual 1 lb this week. I won't know until the official one.

Going to in-laws tomorrow night until Saturday night to make ketchup in a big brass pot outside. Dh and I really know how to party! I like being with the family...it's just a two-hour drive...ugh. Ds is coming home this weekend but I will not let his friend and him spend the night here without me being here. He has a history with parties....not crazy, but I still said he had to stay at his friend's Friday. They're going to Ohio State Saturday to hang out with some friends there, so I'll probably see him for about 2 hours before he goes back to school Sunday.

Have a good one,

Tammy

Last edited by Mad 4 STING; 09-29-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Mad 4 STING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:13 PM   #168  

Hey everyone!
Just realized that I hadn't been on here since last Sunday. I have been busy busy busy.............Proud to say that I did my walking tape today. I wasn't going to do it, but I felt so good afterwards, that I'm glad I did.
I have been on this major house thing lately. I run around making sure everything is tidy. Believe me, this isn't me! I guess, once I got the house cleaned, I didn't want it to get back to the way it was. Now, if everyone else would just take the cue...........

Don't have much time to get personal, except to say to Ginny....
My hair actually turned out fine. Everyone thinks that maybe the three months worth of antibiotics may have had something to do with the hair color gone bad. Hey>>>>We have a chemistry teacher around here. Can that happen? Anyway, it's darker than I wanted it. However, the highlights I put in it look very natural. None of the kids at school noticed. Atleast nobody has said........"What did you do to your hair?!"

Gotta get dinner in the oven.

Hey to everyone!

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 06:26 AM   #169  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Talking

TGIF! TGIF! TGIF!

HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:14 AM   #170  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
TGIF!!!!!! My feelings exactly Robyn.
Boy what a week this has been. I had to take yesterday off and go to the OB/GYN for my yearly check-up, while I was there she checked my thryoid. So I have a nice big bruise on my arm this morning and it is really sore. Then yesterday afternoon, I went to the dentist and got a tooth filled. They told me that they almost had to do a root canal on it. So I am looking forward to relaxing this weekend. I might be getting a new minivan this weekend. I looked at one yesterday and came home to tell my dh about it and we are going to go look at it tomorrow morning. I am just waiting on the dealership to open up this morning so I can call them to find out some more info.
Well my kids just came in. So I better get them on track for the day. Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful Friday!!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 10:40 AM   #171  
burned out bus driver

Morning!
Gotta be short...one of my schools gets out at 12 today....and then my supervisor is abusing me by having me take home a middle school run. Ok the $$ will be nice....where's the advil???
Mouse- we crossed paths yesterday. the sale sounds great, I am so dangerous around books. hope the new Dr works out well.
Pam- glad the hair is not bad......maybe you started something there!!! Hope your weekend goes well.
Kerry- so now you are all doctored out. ouch! (did they do a blood test for the thyroid?) WHat kind of minivan are you looking at? Hope you get a workout in.

Dh stayed home last nite from Sam's and Atilla came with me instead. Oh he was such a creep. Got up at 4:45 to go for my 2.5 mile walk outside- had to get rid of the darn stress of shopping with Atilla. At least he was civilized this am.
Kiddies were monsters this am.....thankgoodness it is Friday!!!!! (thanks for the reminder, Robyn).
Enjoy your day.......
Ginny
Old 09-30-2005, 05:09 PM   #172  

Default Tgif!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me again say TGIF! My kids were maniacs today. Ughhhhh. None of my first period seems to be able to get along. There are I think, nineteen boys and 7 girls. Lord give me patience.................And I want it right now. No matter where you move someone, they can't get along with the people you move them beside. The one boy who I said will burst into song at a momen's notice, gets on everyone's nerves. One boy in there told him today that he needed to shut his fat *** up. Omigod........... This boy has anger management problems to say the least. Not a great way to start the day. I wish I could move a few of them out. 27 is entirely too many in an inclusion class if you ask me. I gave out Star Student good notes and candy to all of the ones who I never have to speak to, and who always work hard. That pissed a bunch of people off. They need to just build a bridge and get over it I say. Other than that. I'm just worn out.

As soon as my little one can move out of the livingroom I am going to go and do my walking tape. Maybe I will get a little pep from that. I could seriously go to sleep. I tried to take a nap when I got home, but the dog kept barking right outside my window and then my nineteen year old and his friend came in so I got up and took my youngest one to get his hair cut.

My house is still in decent condition, so I won't be slaving over that this weekend. Maybe it will take me only an hour or so instead of the whole weekend.

Be back later!

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:05 AM   #173  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey ya'll! Just stopping in for a second to update my signature file with today's WW WI.
I'm getting depressed over how long this is taking me! Yeah, I know... I didn't get this fat overnight...so it isn't going to come off overnight... yadda yadda yadda.

This week's cause for the small loss was: 1. emotional reaction to stress at school and at home.... ate within my points BUT ate things that were farrrrr from healthy! 2. Not enough water. The weather changed. I've VERY limited access to a restroom (A teacher's bladder can ONLY be SOOOOO big!). 3. DH makes THE best homemade pizza AND instead of making it on Thursday, he made it last night. I ate 1 piece more than I should have... it is my DH's fault! JK! It tastes soooooo yummy! He makes me special veggie and teeny amounts of cheese.... He even mixes whole wheat flour with his special bread flour in an effort to make it a little better for me!

So. For the next week, I will:
a. drink ALL of my water and wear adult diapers!
b. write down EVERYthing that goes thru these lips
c. find time(??) to do SOME sort of exercise 2 days MINIMUM! (Baby Steps!)
d. find something else to do when stress other than figure the WW points in cookies!

Have a great weekend!
Take care,
meeeeeeee
Old 10-01-2005, 09:53 AM   #174  
burned out bus driver

Robyn, Robyn, Robyn!!!!!!!!!! WW is NOT known for fast weight loss.......but it is known for so, so many other good points....the only program endorced by the american diabetes foundation (I am sure I got the name wrong), doctor approved, one of the few known for long term weight loss (you do want the weight to stay off, right?). No deprivation- you can eat any real food-(within reason and guidelines), support, support, support, and although the weight will not come flying off, you have to keep your focus on how much you have taken off already!!!! You are doing great! It has only been a few weeks- and just think on most other plans, you could not even entertain having that cookie! So, my dear, figure out how many points a piece of Dh's wonderful pizza is......enjoy a slice......but either plan on using additional points (out of the 35 for the week) or go really easy the rest of that day. YOU CAN DO THIS! For excercise- 15 minutes of walking counts!!! Or 15 minutes of dancing around the house.....chasing Dh......get my point. You deserve it!! Now get rid of that stinkin' thinking (was your meeting about that too?). Love you- have a great day! (PM me if you need to)

Pam- glad the hair was ok. Hey, I am no teacher, but 27 sounds like a lot to me for any class....and you have to face them first period! Hope you got some excercise in. Gee, if your house is so neat, want to come clean mine??

Gotta go to Ds's baseball game, I get to run the concession stand. Already been to Dd's 8 am soccer game.......(they won)......just want to hang out this one load of laundry and then I am off for a day of baseball.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
See ya!
Ginny
Old 10-01-2005, 01:09 PM   #175  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Hi, ladies! Sorry I have still been MIA! September was NOT a good one for walking ! I only walked 9 days the entire month ! And this week was Homecoming AND Parent/Teacher conferences !

Crazy dress-up days everyday, a 12 hour day on Wed (PTC), my son was sick on Thursday and I had to LIE to stay home with him. Friday was a shortened schedule with the crowning of the royalty, powder puff football game, and parade. Then we went to supper and the game, which was great--we won 54-0 !

I got up this morning to find that one of the kids had puked during the night, but had not woke me up. Not only did they not flush the toilet, but they missed and it was on the seat and floor. I wasn't upset (too much) about that, but I was sad that she (found out later it was my daughter) didn't wake me up to support her. When she got up she was fine and appologized for not cleaning up, but didn't know why she hadn't woken me up. I'm afraid my little girl is growing up .......

Anyway.....NOT a good week! BUT.....today starts a new month and I am going to walk more! I started with the Power Mile this morning and will go do more shortly. Tomorrow DD and I are walking a 5K for Breast cancer with my 2 sisters. My mom is a 15 year survivor, but can only do the 1 mile walk this year due to lung cancer surgery in January.

Sorry to dump on you! I'll try to check back in later!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 07:37 AM   #176  

Hey girls! No time to even read the posts. I hope everyone is doing okay with no major crisis. This working stuff is taking up too much time! Luckily I have a great bunch of students, so I think I will survive. I am hoping that things will slow down soon so I can get back into checking in with you everyday. I miss you guys!

I haven't written down a single thing since school started. I haven't been to WW in over a month. I don't even want to get on the scale! Oh where are my lazy days of summer?!

In case I don't get back on before then. Happy birthday to Summer on Wednesday! I hope all your dreams come true!

Sue
MaintenanceMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, everyone,

Home at last. Went Friday night to southeast Ohio (found a new way to get there, so it only took 1-1/2 hours) to in-laws for the night and all day yesterday. DH, DD, and I went "home" to make ketchup in this pot that belongs to mom-in-law. She is the 4th generation to have it. It has a little outside stove that it sits in on top of a temporary brick base. The men wrap this giant chain around outside of pot to keep it in place and pack mud around it to keep heat from escaping through cracks. They build a fire under it early, early in morning and we stir with a giant paddle all day. It was ready to bottle at 4:30 pm.....over 100 bottles! It is delicious (more like dark barbeque sauce).

Anyways, weight loss "plan" took a nose dive starting Friday night. We had Cincinnati chili spaghetti (I had a 3-way and coney, everyone else had 4-ways with beans). Then Saturday, it was a down home banquet in the barn...OMG! And it's too dangerous to take a walk out on the road with all the crazy hot-rodders, so no exercise. Not like it was back in the day at "home." To top it off DH lied about who was going to be there. He said it would just be his brothers and sisters (4) and their kids (10+), but when we were almost there he started naming all the other relatives and friends that would be there (50+). Oh, well, it was fun. Back on track today. I'm not even going to weigh myself until next weekend, so I do not get depressed.

Sorry, for complaining. I'll be more positive (and personal) later in the day hopefully.

Bye,

Tammy
Mad 4 STING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:45 PM   #178  
burned out bus driver

Michele- hope your little one is ok......mine too had a rather fast moving stomach bug. They do grow up SO fast.

Tammy- homemade ketchup! Sounds great.....neat to do for yourself like that too. Hope today was good for you and you are back on track......

Sue- glad your kids are good this year. Hope we can hear more from you soon, but we all understand how busy life gets.

Busy day.....got to church, got my 2.5 mile walk in, and the walked to Applefest again with Dd. Figure I walked well over 4 miles today.....more like 5.
Nice weather too. Dh actually noticed that I looked thinner yesterday. Amazing......and was kind enough to say something. Very unlike him.
Well he wants the computer. Gotta go.
Ginny
Old 10-02-2005, 03:16 PM   #179  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Ok, Gin....

Tell me what to pack in my lunch this week! I'll give you 7 to 8 points.... GO!

I'm up to my neck in preparing homework and my weekly newsletter! (MANNNN do parents KNOW how much goes into this crap?) AND I just realized, I've not done plans... pooooodles!

gotta run!
take care,
meee
Old 10-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #180  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I did my Breast Cancer 5K Walk in a personal best of 49 minutes 30 seconds! I had set a personal goal to be at or under 50 minutes and I DID IT! Last year I did it in about 55 minutes.

Sorry I'm short on time for personal notes. DD is better (she walked with us). Need to finish the laundry and get ready for the week. I'm leaving early Friday am for the state Foreign Language Conference and then I htink the family is joining me at the hotel for a family night. It has a great waterpark for its guests, which is always fun!

Chat more with you later!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote