Old 10-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #256  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
I am so happy today! Today is my last day to work for this week. I took a personal day tomorrow to go visit my family for the weekend. We are leaving around 9 a.m. in the morning to go see them. I have my lesson plans done for next week already and my copies made. Just have to sail through my afternoon and then it is home to do laundry and pack. So I don't know if I will be back on to chat with you all until Sunday evening or Monday sometime. If I don't get near the computer at my mom's have a wonderful weekend!
Pam I hope you lose a ton too this week! You are working so hard at getting the weight off. I know that you can do it! Keep up the good work! So what are your big plans for your Friday that you have off? Have a relaxing day off.
Ginny, I had to resort to plan B again this morning. My dh told me last night that the cable company had to come today to hook it up for us. So hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning I can walk with Leslie again. I was driving to work this morning in a kind of hohum mood and couldn't figure out why. Then I figured it out when one of my boys asked me if I had walked this morning and if so which tape did I do. So walking with Leslie really helps. Hope you are having a wonderful day! You will take that .2 gain right off and than some next week's wi.
Hello to everyone else! Hope you are having a great day!
Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:54 PM   #257  
Swimming Mouse

Good evening, everyone.
The class Monday & Tuesday went very well. All the work I put in on the powerpoint was totally worth it. Especially when the Disaster director showed up with "all the materials" which turned out to be ... the student workbooks! No video, no posters of the forms (so we can teach the students how to fill them in), none of the extra hand outs.. NOTHING! So, putting all the forms into Powerpoint and most of the course materials was a true lifesaver! The place we used had technical difficulties on Monday night, though, so the students had to squint to see the presentation on my laptop screen. Tuesday, though, we managed to get the computer hooked to the TV correctly. AND... unlike two of my other classes, these people understood that it wasn't my fault. And they just wrote in the comments section that the chapter didn't provide all the required paperwork, instead of taking it out on me.
On the school front, its been a rather long week. The full moon happening on Tuesday and Wednesday did in my ED kiddo. He was suspended for making threats against one of his other teachers and against an assistant principal. He had a bad night at home, with his older brother, so that was the trigger. He won't be back until Tuesday; which means that he can't go to the Homecoming Dance this weekend. They "fixed" the suspension dates so anybody suspended on Wednesday couldn't go to Homecoming because the dance is Saturday; so kids suspended Wednesday stayed in the in-school suspension room that day, and the out of school took effect on Thursday. That means that they'll still be "suspended" the day of the dance.
My other two girls that were going to go never brought back their permisison slips or bought tickets, so they aren't going. My Spanish speaking child had minor surgery (that is a whole story in and of itself; they implanted a device to help stop his seizures, but Mom didn't tell us and the device requires training to use properly!), and he won't be back till Monday... and my other two kids weren't interested in going. The one kid is singing in the show choir at the Homecoming game on Friday night, though, so I'm going to go to that. I need to buy a school shirt or something tomorrow morning because I don't have anything ... I can't exactly wear stuff from my last middle school. Its funny, my last three schools have had red & white (with blue) as their school colors, and those are also the Red Cross colors! Yet, other than my Red Cross disaster action team shirt from Maryland, and a red turtleneck, I don't own anything that is red white and blue! I did decide I'd wear my jeans tomorrow, so that covers the blue.
We don't know the status of my TA; I know she had her appointment with my endocrinologist today as well. I also know my endo well enough that she's not going to put up with any kind of whining. That woman is very good at getting me to do things I don't want to do (witness that eating plan I'm on!), so we'll see what happens. But even if she returns, I'm afraid that she'll be out frequently still. :sigh:
Ginny: Yes, it does get easier, but I can't say that I ever feel completely easy! I suspect I'm not unusual, because I have known what to do when necessary. I once had to do CPR on an elderly woman on a public bus (she passed out while I was a passenger), so I did CPR on her until the bus driver got us to the hospital. Whereupon, the woman woke up and refused to go with the emergency staff! I've also had to do it on a student in the middle of a high school hallway during summer school. I've used my first aid training more often than I've used my CPR training.
Robyn: My mom was that mom too. Everybody called her 'MousiesMom', and to this day, she answers to that. In fact, when we go to science fiction conventions together that is her badge ID...
Kerry: The observation went very well. I had all "pluses", and the only slightly negative comment I received was that I might want to consider two bowls next time... the fruit cocktail and the peaches needed to be drained, but we don't have a sink. So we drained the first can into the bowl, then emptied the juice back into the can. That didn't work for the second can, so we had to do that one over the trash can. But everything else went very well.... AND we're definitely going bowling tomorrow. I found the coupons for the free games at the grocery tonight. I bought two bags of Baby Ruth bars (I'm going to give them to the front office staff, they always have candy in their jars), and we have 2 coupons worth $9.00 each for bowling.
Was there anything else I was supposed to tell you all? Hope not... I'm sleepy!
G'night.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:25 PM   #258  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey people!

went to a conference! learned a lot... i'm tired. going to bed!
take care,
meeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:34 AM   #259  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

TGIF!
Old 10-21-2005, 09:00 AM   #260  

Hey!
Happy Friday everyone! I am home looking at the chaos my once cleaned house has become. Oh well. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED this morning. I was able to put on my son's size 34 waist jeans and they buttoned and everything. He is just shaking his head at me and telling me to take off his pants. Ha! If I could just get rid of this fat roll in the tummy. Actually the lower part. It's pissing me off. I keep loosing in the legs, legs legs.............I look like a walking apple with legs. Ha! It will come.

Ginny: I don't have any instructions with this sewing machine. Herein lies the prolem. I don't think the bobbin is right. Because the outside stitch looks great, but then the underneath side looks like a bunch of loopdiloops. It's making me crazy. I think I am going to try and find the correct bobbin today and see if that will make a difference. The thing under the bobbin spins, but the bobbin itself doesn't. I tried looking online, but all I know is that this is a Singer Fashion Mate. There is no model number. There is a serial number underneath. Maybe I will write that down today and go to the fabric store.

Kerry: Hope you have fun with your family. I am thinking about going back to my mom's this weekend. But, I may just hang out here and rake some leaves or something equally as fun.

Robyn: Hey girl. Hope you are doing great. You are so close to your mini goal...............

Mouse: Sounds like you have had a busy week as usual. I'm glad your evaluation went well. Are you liking your school any better? Have you had a sub the whole time your assistant was out? I know you said you had a lawyer in there or something for a day. Have you gotten to swim?

Hey to everyone else.

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:07 PM   #261  
burned out bus driver

Kind of a short hello.......

Pam- I am totally sure that if you either found a Singer web site or went to a Joann's or Hancock or whomever you might buy a sewing machine from that they would be able to help you. Another idea.....near me there are 2 vacuum sewing machine repair services, and they- who deal with all kinds of models/ages of machines would be able to help. Perhaps there is such a place near you. In addition, they might be able to find you a manual, assuming that it is out of print. Lots of luck! If the underneath part is all loopadoops,my suspicion is that the bobbin tension is too loose, or that the thread is not feeding thru the machine properly. (big help, I am right!!!) And of course that takes you back to finding someone who knows the working of the machine.
How awesome about Ds's jeans! I loose like that too.......everywhere but my dumb stomach. Don't worry, it will come off there too.....just gonna take a bit longer. You are doing great! And someday, Ds will understand.

Robyn- happy Friday!!!!!!!!!! Going to WW this weekend?????? The meeting I went to was about when you hit goal- and that is the first time I have ever heard that discussed. It often scared me that I would find maintenance overwhelming (if I EVER get there............snails move more quickly than I do at getting to goal). It sounded pretty good, and not too tough to do. Gives us something to look foward to, right?Have you solved your lunch dilemma????

Mouse- sorry that your week has been rather long....can the weekend come soon enough??? Thanks for the input on CPR. Hope I never have to use it.....but glad I am trained to do so. Hope your bowling outing goes well!

Got a real 2 mile walk in today......Dh took the day off to see his parents. Not a pleasant undertaking at all. Hope he comes home in a decent mood.
Gotta go straighen upstairs.......Happy Friday to all!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:36 PM   #262  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Holey MOLEY WHAT WAS THAT? Was it truly ONLY 1 week? It certainly felt MUCH longer! Today we had rain, rain, and more rain! One of my babies will be going back
to kindergarten on Monday. (That means that I will have 12 students ....I feel soooo guilty!) While I truly hate to admit defeat... he needs to go....before I lose my mind! He is so far behind and his parents are wonderfully supportive as well as complimentary! So... I'm without a room mom come Monday!

The rainy day was spent doing some wonderfully easy yet "amazing" experiments...it is easy to impress 6 year olds! LOL! They EVEN learned (or were exposed to) the scientific method as we made a gigantic mess in my room! They were totally amazed at the results of mixing colored water with cooking oil! WhoooHooo! (I warned you! ) We then sat and "messed" with one of those silly soap dispensers (empty!) with two liquids that won't mix and little, in this case, penguins floating around in it. First they were captivated by shaking it and watching the poor little penguins! THEN they were totally amazed that no one could pour out the liquids out of the hole on the top ...the one that was for the soap part of the bottle...It was a hoot! Anyway...I'm pretty sure that NO one here truly cares about this crap..so I'll move on!

While away at the conference I made sure that I won't get to my goal this week! I am simply hoping that I won't gain! Not a very good goal....BUT, ahem.... you know how teachers GET when they go out and don't have to worry about school or home! Actually.... for the record, NO alcohol was involved! I weighed my options and had a WONDERFUL (and VERY MUCH WORTH THE 2000000 points) chocolate milk shake! The really only "bad" food that I ate was the conference lunch that was surprisingly very very good baked chicken with fresh green beans on a bed of rice. with some very tasty sauce. I ate more than I should have. BUT, I did turn down the bread basket...BUT THEN....I ate the crust (I adore point laden carbs!) of a piece of apple pie! Anyway... I think that my confession is complete!

Yes, I will be up before the sun and at WW tomorrow... Then I have a wedding to attend. I am officially an old geezer. I am going to the wedding of one of my 1st grade pets....all grown up...and getting married! OMG OMG OMG! I thought I felt ancient when she invited me to her HS graduation.... I feel like I should find a cane!
I am not attending the reception as I can't miss Thomas' last baseball game of the Fall Season! (And besides it was a great excuse to make an appearance, give my girl a hug and RUN!)

Speaking of running.... It is 8:30....Wayyyy past my bedtime on a Friday night! I'm hitting the hay! Ya'll take care.... I tell you all about my gory time at WW in the morning! Know you all can't wait! LOL (Oh, BTW, let me know if you need any help with amazing science experiments! I'm THE one to ask.... hehehee I crack myself up sometimes! )

Take care...
meeeee

Last edited by HatterasMermaid; 10-21-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:38 AM   #263  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

WELL. -0.8 (The milkshake weighed more than that! SO, what did I truly expect?! Actually, considering my lack of thought and control while at the conference.... a loss of 8tenths of a pound sorta thrills me! When I was standing there confessing and waiting for the drumroll and announcement.... I was JUST wanting to NOT have gained! AND once she heard my confession, we were both thrilled with the number! LOL So. This weeks meeting (which is getting to be soooo much like attending church and listening to the sermon for ME!) was all about clicking our ruby slippers together and controlling our own destiny and how things will be when we get to goal! There was much conversation by the lifetimers (some who are successful and some who are back OP and trying to click those slippers together again!) and the rest of us about "giving up" or "giving in"....throwing it all away....for a moment, hour, day, etc... and how to regain control! (I was asked to share my confession and then tell them how the rest of the week went! LOL) Anyway.... at the end of the meeting I truly felt like I needed to throw my hands in the air and yell AMEN! I also puchased my next set of coupons. So, I'm doomed, I mean committed to continue on this journey! hehe! I am 4tenths of a point away from my 10%......... DARNNN this is slow!

Gotta go get the baseball kid moving...and then get myself moving. It is rainy (and they are still planning to play ball!) and yucky and I've got to get all dressed up for that wedding when all I really want to do is crawl back into bed!

Will check back in to see if ANYone else survived the week! Sure hope you did!
take care,
meeee
Old 10-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #264  

Hey!
Happy Saturday. It is the weekend. I am just debating whether or not to go to my mom's house. I'm thinking no! But, who knows. My hubby just went to get the oil changed in my car so maybe I will decide when he gets home.
I have lost two pounds this week. Which is great. However, I wanted to be under 170 today. Oh well. Next week. I may have been but yesterday I ate a hamburger happy meal for lunch, and then went to mexican for dinner. I don't care, it was the best tasting hamburger I have had in a long time!
You are almost there Robyn! Keep up the good work.

Gotta go dry my hair. Have a great weekend.

Pam
Old 10-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #265  
burned out bus driver

Roby, Robyn, Robyn!! Noone ever said this was going to go quickly. BUT- keep going to those meetings- you are doing great!!!!! I enjoyed hearing about the lifetimers- and we shared our struggles too. But, my dear you are almost 22# down!!!!!!!!! Amazing. And you have lived too. Hang in there, enjoy the wedding.

Pam-happy Saturday! Congrats on the 2# loss!!! Did you decide to go to Dm's or stay home?

So far a quiet day.....rainy. Dd had a short soccer game (they won- weather shortened it), took Ds to the chiropractor for his back. (ah, the joys of being a pitchers mom) and now the mountain of laundry Dd brought home from college.
SOmehow I will get a workout in today........aw the dumb cat is chasing her tail behind me on the computer chair. What a wacko........see ya!
Ginny
Old 10-22-2005, 02:39 PM   #266  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey ya'll! Thanks for the words of encouragement! Yahoo for those 2#, Pam! I *DO* totally understand about how wonderful that milkshake, I mean, burger tasted! LOL
Gin, my friend suggested that I should recognize my loss as I would a newborn! What she meant was.... If my newborn had grown to 22 pounds in 2 months I would be so darn proud! So... my 22 pound baby isn't too bad, huh?! LOL

The wedding was beautiful! The rain stopped and the sun came out! Rust, brown, cream and yellow were the colors used. The groom is a professional performer...He had written a song for the day and sang it. It was beautiful! I bumped into the bride's mother in the restroom. She and I had an "unkosher" friendship back in the day! We were both rather young (I was 25! She was 27! I never let her forget that she is older than I am, either!), she was new to the area and my best friend had just moved.... We became very good friends when her daughter was in my class! ....This was totally NOT ALLOWED....which made us more determined to be friends! We remained friends for several years...and then life got in the way.... moves with the military, babies... life.... Anyway. We've always kept in touch...even if it was only a Christmas card! She has always signed things with "Shay's mom" and I always sign things as Mrs.LastName! LOL She always blames me for her daughter's lack of being able to spell words correctly as I encouraged phonetic spelling! She also credits me for changing her baby into young lady who could read! It was good to see her even if it was only for a few seconds in a public restroom! I am so glad that I went! I have many, many happy memories of her sweet daughter....AND the WONDERFUL fun times spent with "Shay's mom"! LOL It is funny how things come back to you as you sit to write a simple sentence about a beautiful wedding! Sorry!

On to the baseball update:
I missed the last game of the season. I missed THE game of the season for my son! I missed my son pitching a 3 up, 3 down inning! I missed my son assisting in getting 3 outs while playing the infield. I also missed my son hitting a single and then a TRIPLE to the fence! SIGH! I have sat thru so many innings of baseball with NOTHING to report...and I miss THIS game and VIOLA.... I miss ALL the action! I will be able to see it via video tape however! We have dear friends who's only child plays on DS's team! They video tape EVERYthing.....every game and every practice! So I will get to watch it all! Yahoooo for friends with cameras!

Well, this is entirely too long and boring..... I've got to get moving and do some house work! I'm home alone! NOW is my chance to really make a difference in here...or NOT! LOL

Take care,
meeeee
Old 10-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #267  
burned out bus driver

Robyn- well, you are not alone.......I missed my Dd's (19) hit the cover off the ball game, when she hit a triple, double and HR all in one game.....and pitched really well too. I missed the little Dd's only soccer goal.....you are not a bad mom, just think of how much fun Ds can have telling you again and again and again about his wonderful day. (as if he will have trouble reliving the event!). And think of what an event you can make watching the tape of it! Sounds like the wedding was great......ah how time passes so darned quickly. My advice to you regarding weight loss (and PLEASE tell me to shut up if I am going overboard on you)- go get a one pound block of butter (margarine is fine). Look hard at that and realize what a wonderful accomplishment you have in losing almost 22 of them!!!! (looking at it that way it sure looks like a lot, right?) Keep smiling- allow yourself that occasional milkshake......opps did I mean hamburger........keep living and this darned weight will come off. BTW, yup I know the stuff is pricey, but have you tried any of the WW snacks that they sell at the meetings? I usually only buy their stuff once in a while- because of the price- but some of the 2 points bars are delicious- and the smoothies- there is so much you can do with them (each box comes with recipes that are really good). Just another idea to break up monotony and add some fun to the weight loss journey.
Well.........everyone has the TV's monopolized (and the VCR's) so I am going to get my walk in in the drizzle. I want those 2 AP's!!!!!! And for some reason I am hungry today- trying to hold out till dinner as I know Dh wants to bring something in to watch the darned World Series. (you expected us to watch anything else in this house??)
Hope everyone's Saturday is going well.....think I will be ironing tonite during the series....and have done entirely too many loads of wash today......(Dd brought hers home from college).
See ya later!
Ginny
Old 10-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #268  
Swimming Mouse

Good evening, all.
I am SOOOO happy that we don't have swimming lessons this week. I totally thought we did, but we don't! There is no way I would have survived the day if I'd had to go to Baltimore, too. Let me back up a day...
Friday was a good day at school, except that I had 2 students all day long (1 at a time!). My one kiddo is still suspended (he'll be back on Tuesday, just in time to carve pumpkins with the head principal on Wednesday. Ohhhhh! I'm so worried about him, carving knives, and the oh-so-throwable pumpkin guts!), my chronic school cutter cut despite my best efforts on Thursday (she hates pep rallies, so I got myself assigned to the study hall so she could be with me, and got permission for her not to go, talked up our bowling trip, etc, etc, etc.), one of my kids had surgery on Wednesday and none of us knew (he's my Spanish speaker: he couldn't tell me... he told his ESOL teacher, so then I felt really guilty!), and the other one had a major dentist appointment.
So we didn't go bowling. We went to Costco instead, which was an ordeal... I had to buy a new membership to get us in there. We picked up cookies for the school's indoor staff tailgating.
And... then the real festivities! Homecoming. It POURED ALL DAY LONG! They didn't cancel the activities. My student that is in the choir didn't ask where he had to meet, what time he needed to be there or how he was to get there. Fortunately, our principal was very approachable, and allowed me to put him in my car to take him to the middle school so he could go with everybody. His mother does not drive, his brother was at work ... So we called home and his mom gave permission. Then I caught the tail end of the parade itself, and took pictures... and sat in the rain for 2 hours to wait for the game to start so I could take pictures of that.
I then left... and am glad I did, because it went from drizzle to POUR within 5 minutes of my leaving the school!
This morning I hauled my rear out of bed to help with the Red Cross' part of the emergency response drill. Wound up working for the health department as a receptionist. Then tried to get food... finally wound up at Fuddruckers after trying 2 other places (one didn't take credit cards even though all the other stores in the chain do; the other kept me waiting 30 minutes to tell me they were out of what I'd ordered!).
I need to go get ready for the dance in a few minutes... I'm going to chaperone. And tomorrow I SHOULD stay home and make an attempt to straighten my apartment and do laundry, but I'd much rather go swimming!!
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:31 AM   #269  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

WELL.... I tricked all THOSE folks who were planning on getting in my way in Walmart today as I tried to grocery shop! HaHa! I was done and heading back home prior to 9:30! WhoooHoooo! Returned home, brought in all the groceries alone as everyone else was still asleep! Put all the groceries away ALONE and began fixing breakfast for my guys who managed to pull themselves out of bed to eat! It is before noon and I've gotten so much done! Of course, my eyes are about to fall out onto my cheekbones as I'm exhausted! I will be taking a nap VERY soon! I dare anyone to wake me! LOL Laundry is waiting....that and the living room and bathroom! Yahoo! I love weekends! The let me fit MORE work/jobs into my life! I saw on the news (one day last week) that a mom/wife was on strike....and her husband had his own sign posted..."Now accepting applications for the position of New Wife!" I guess he thought it was funny! I'm not too sure how it all ended! I do feel like striking sometimes! BUT, I'm kinda sure that I would be ignored and my position would be filled! (ok...so I'm kidding! What woman would walk into this sty and take over?! Heh. )

Gotta run! My pillow is calling my name!
take care,
meeeee
Old 10-24-2005, 04:51 PM   #270  

Hey!
Just a cold rainy Monday here. Getting ready to make some potato soup for dinner. Yummmy. Had to break down and eat a nanner. I'm starving today. This was a terrible weekend for me foodwise. I swear I stayed hungry the entire weekend. However, I only went over my points on Saturday by 1.5. So, not too bad overall. I can't walk it's raining and like Ginny, all tv's are monopolozied. I think I will be booting someone out of the livingroom shortly so I can excercise.
Ginny: Got the sewing machine working. Yeah! I took your advice and they could not help me at all. So, I came home, typed in Singer Sewing Machine images on the google website. So, I waded through a ton of pictures until I found the one that was mine. So, then, I went to the singer website, and they said substitute a different model for mine, so then I was able to get bobbins. Anyway, the tension was not right. So, I was able to hem two pairs of pants for my son yesterday. Good thing, it was very chilly today. By the way, didn't make it to my moms. My hubby went and got the oil changed and the tires rotated, and then was called into work. The whole point was for him to keep the youngest so I could help them start packing up the store. Looks like I will have to take him anyway next weekend since they have to be out of the building by the end of October.

Robin: I think twenty two pounds is awesome. You are doing so great. I am so ready to be under 170 pounds, and actually stay there. I was under 170 for one day last week, but on my finally weigh in, it was two pounds instead of three. But, that's ok too. Sorry you missed that game. I know what that is like. I took my little one to my oldest ones ball game and he had to go to the bathroom at just the moment he was kicking an all important game deciding field goal, I missed it, cause I was wiping a butt in the potty! Ha! (I like these pumpkins!)

Mouse: Hope you are having a great Monday. How was the dance? Did you boogie down? Speaking of carving pumpkins, I need to get a couple before I get fired by my youngest.

Hey to everyone else!

Pam