Old 10-09-2005, 10:44 AM   #211  
burned out bus driver

'Morning!!!!
Robyn- congrats on the weight loss and storyboarding........hey sweetie, don't feell guilty at all for enjoying the rain out. Dh and I were both thrilled that yesterdays games were rained out......ya need a day off here and there, right? BTW- WW is funny- you can have a week where you eat totally OP and do everything right, and the dumb weight stays the same. Or a somewhat less than stellar week and drop 3 #. Go figure. All I know is that you are doing GREAT. BTW, and this applies to Pam too- I found a great lunch! Or dinner for that matter. Veggie burger (yup, I do like those) on a lite roll.....3 spinach/garlic balls (made this new recipe, and cannot tell one bit that it is "diet") and a cup of cantaloupe. Whopping 6 points total. And for me a lot of food. Anyone interested in the spinach ball recipe and I will post it later.

Pam- good for you on the 3# loss!!!!!! That is great for week 1. After the first 2 weeks the losses are usually a bit smaller, but then considering that almost any food is allowed- especially with the holidays coming up- then life is good right?? Never heard of the halleluyah diet......but look at all the stuff she can't eat. And how is she going to face chocolate....cake....Thanksgiving....you name it.....all that stuff is around the corner. You are doing great!!!!!! SOrry about the fussy sleepover kid. Drives you nuts, doesn't it?

Sue- hope your breakfast was nice yesterday. And a pleasant shopping trip with Dd too. Did Dh make it home on time for bowling???? Hope you get some time to relax too!!!! Great WI too!!!!!!!!! And you were not even counting (wish I could be that lucky!).

Kerry- how did the shopping go???? Hope you got some great new clothes that make you feel like a million $$$$. You so deserve it! All that working out has to have toned you up a lot. Sure, if you want to join me in my goal (keep reminding me!) I would love the company. I have to do this....I refuse to buy another pair of size 12 jeans (and mine are so well worn I could use new ones) and I am not allowing myself the new Patricia Cornwell book until I break out of the 160's ....got 2 weeks to do that.....but I need all the inspiration and butt kicking I can get. Thanks for the support and help.

Going to see Dm today. So I'd better get off of this and get my walk in. Did 2 WATP tapes yesterday....snitched a bit.....but not an awful day. I can feel the water weight coming on (PMS time, my friends, so I am likely to say anything this week, y'all know me by now!) But now I have 2 buddies for attending meetings- both mom's of kids in Dd's class. It will be nice to have some company for those times that I can get to the same meeting.
Gotta go be productive here......enjoy your Sunday.
(does everyone have tomorrow off??????? Hope so!)
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:53 AM   #212  

Yipee! Look at me posting two days in a row! That is a record for me since school started I think. Yesterday was great. My dd and I had a great bonding day plus I actually had grown-up girl time, which is very, very rare for me. My DH did make it home from Chicago around midnight. Then he was up at 6 to go golf. Should I add to his insanity that it was probably about 42 degrees this morning?

Congratulations on everyones weight loss. We are all kicking butt right now. Must be those crazy, overwhelming first months of school are paying off! As for Pam's neighbor, sure that weight is coming off fast but when people do those really restricting diets they just can't stick with them. Then when they go back to normal eating they gain it all back and then some. That is why I like WW. There isn't anything I can't eat if I want to spend the points. For me the key was portion control more than anything. I could easily sit down and mindlessly finish off a whole box of something. I would eat even when I was feeling full.

Today I have been very unproductive. I did make a coffee cake for my family. I usually make something on Sunday for them to eat during the week. They think they are getting something bad but really I sneak healthy stuff in there. Then I also make them eat a protein before they can have the other. I figure it is better than sugar cereal and I still don't have to dirty pans in the morning.

Right now I am debating between dusting my house, which it is in dire need of. Washing the windows (but it is sooooo cold out), going into school to get some work done, or going grocery shopping. I really should do them all but I don't want to do anything. I really want to look through cookbooks and find something exciting and new to make for supper today. At least if I found something that sounded good I would want to go get the groceries!

I have to bowl tonight. I just bought a new ball (my DH thought it was time since I bought the last one over twenty years ago). Now I am afraid to bowl because I will still suck at it and I won't be able to blame anything but myself! HA HA. Actually I am not competitive at all so I find my ability quite amuzing.

I guess I should be productive.

Sue
MaintenanceMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Afternoon everyone,

I just lost my whole page of replies!!! I guess I'll be short this time then. Not an easy task for me.

Ginny: Thanks for asking...I do take lisinopril for my bp and it seems to do the trick. I do want to control my bp by losing weight and eating right though. Who knows where it'll be in 20 years if I don't.

Pam: I agree with Sue about the fad diets. Just like people I know that tried Atdkins' it all comes back (as fat) plus some as soon as you step off the plan. It's not natural either.

Kerry: Where are you? I'm dying to know what you bought! Talk to us girl.

Robyn: Congrats on the exercise so early in crappy weather. What determination! It's dreary here too but no rain yet today. I feel ya about the game cancellation. I got like that too when the kids were both in sports.

Sue: Don't feel guilty, I'm feeling that way today, too. I think I'm just going to grocery shop and finish getting ready for tomorrow, and do dinner (if the fam is nice to me!).

Anyone I haven't mentioned, heyyyyyyy. Talk to you later. I need to dry my hair before it stays like this all day.

Bye-bye now,
Tammy
Mad 4 STING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Forgot to mention, DH went on annual family golf trip in around Lexington, KY (exact location forgotten). I've taken a bunch of bad food "trips" and gained a lb. DS was home from school but was hardly here and DD was off doing homecoming stuff all weekend. I was the only one eating....so I had takeout. I feel like crap mentally and physically today. I was knocked to my senses by the scale this morning and had a healthy breakfast and lots of water.

Later,
Tammy
Mad 4 STING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:19 PM   #215  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

OMGosh! Just Googled "Hallelujah Diet" ........... um, more power to your neighbor. Go look. It isn't for me! Just stopping by after a "wonderful" (sarcasm, sarcasm!) trip to the grocery and before I get the living room straight and my lesson plans done and my homework for next week ready. Sigh! Thanks for the great support and cheering for my "shrinking"! I did about 15 minutes with weights yesterday. Whoopeee...but hey it is a start AND my body is yelling at me about it today! Yes, Gin, I would like to see your recipie! Yahoooooo and keep going to everyone who is sticking to their plan! Come on, you can do it! to everyone who isn't! I've GOT to get at LEAST a path through this living room so I'm gonna RUNNNNN!

take care, ya'll!
meeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #216  
Swimming Mouse

Hi, all.
I had this nice post the other day and lost the whole thing. I was totally frustrated, because that has never happened to me before. I blame it on the placement of my new computer's glide pad (that little mousey thing at the bottom of a laptop)... Its to the left of center, so my hand keeps hitting it when I type, and I go back or forward or select everything and delete it constantly!
My Friday was like Kerry's: it tanked after lunch. My TA wasn't there again (and called while I was at school on Friday... guess she's not brave enough to call when she thinks I'll be here???) and won't be back before October 17! Okay, look, I know she has PCOS. Allegedly, I have it also. But I don't respond to the typical treatment! And you guys all know that I've had CT scans and ultrasounds and whoknowswhatall done to see why I have that pain on the right side... to no avail. So I just take tylenol (since I can't take advil!!), and deal with it. And you all know that I spent over a year throwing up everything I ate, but I dealt with it and WENT TO WORK! Anyway, the result of her not being there didn't really hit until 4th period. I only have one student that period, and he was invited to an ice cream party with the other class he spends time with. I was going to go down there, but we had a schedule emergency with the girl that we've been changing over to a certificate. She was put in a class that was really bad behaviorally, and the teacher was afraid the girls would chew her up... so we had to change her schedule again just before that class. I went to get her from that class, and she never showed up! So, myself and the TA from the other class went all over the building to find her. About halfway through, she was found in a bathroom... and then we realized that she hadn't gone to Art either (who was it who posted about the babysitter as substitute? This guy didn't even take attendance!). That shot the rest of 4th period, because I couldn't let her go to the ice cream social, so we sat in my room. She has after-school detention on Tuesday... this is the 3rd time this year she has cut, but because she is one of my students, nobody reports her. They just tell me; well, I did something because she cut MY class on Friday! Otherwise, she wouldn't have even gotten detention!
And it was pouring all day on Friday, too. So I leave school (thinking I'd forgotten my wallet at home, so I didn't do my errands), and get home... to realize my wallet was in my school bag the whole time! Duh!
Saturday was supposed to be packed: Red Cross class I was teaching, concert, then home to mom's. Well, the rain killed 2 of those plans. They issued a state of emergency for my mom's county in PA, so I couldn't drive up there. The concert was held, but the free parking is packed dirt and stones, and we had lawn seats. We didn't go... My local chapter was given the tickets to the Montgomery-Gentry concert at Nissan Pavillion for our support efforts during Katrina and Rita. Strange, then, isn't it... that we had a FLOOD during the dang concert?? :grin:
The class was held, but it was far from a roaring success. I have never been to the new Fairfax County office. They weren't where they are now when I was there last. My directions were screwy (the building faces a major street, so has that as an address, but you can't GET to the building from that street...so MapQuest was confused!). It was pouring so hard that I went the wrong way off the beltway... and almost ended up in Arlington!
I got there a few minutes after 9:00... and the students didn't have the brains to sit in their car! They were all waiting for me IN THE POURING RAIN! So, they were in just a wonderful mood.
The class they were taking is an EIGHT HOUR class. They're lucky: It used to be 16 hours! And when I took it, it was required before you could do anything. And there was no video. And ... and... and... the training building I took it in didn't have Air Conditioning, and I had to walk 28 miles in disaster-caused mud to get to the class....
Anyway, the students had this idea that they could go to lunch for 45 minutes and STILL get out of the class at 4:00. Not. They lucked out: some of the required papers were missing, so they did get out at 3:30. They think they scammed me, but I couldn't do a major part of the class because the paperwork wasn't there. They were rude, though, and spent the after-lunch period passing around a newspaper.
And took out the lack of paperwork, the fact that the posters were missing, and other things out on me! Like... okay, I don't volunteer for this chapter! I helped them out at the last minute (literally... they called me Thursday night to ask if I'd do it, and didn't get me all the details till after 8:00 on Friday!), so I can't answer questions about specific chapter details. I couldn't tell them where they were supposed to be for training on Sunday. I didn't put the packets together, so its not my fault they were backwards. Now, this is the second time this has happened to me: the first Shelter Ops class I taught for my own chapter was really disorganized, because we didn't have all the stuff we needed. Also, this particular class hasn't been updated to phrase out one type of paperwork and incorporate the client assistance cards that we use now instead of the checks. They spent a lot of time using the checks in the class. It didn't help any that I had some smart-asses. I hate smart-asses! I really, really do.
So, after class, I came home and treated myself to a nice dinner (fairly low carb, at that!)... and went to the bookstore today.
Tomorrow, before I go anywhere, I am going to hook up my new printer, change the sheets on my bed, and vaccuum. My apartment is a pig-sty!

Oh... and if that weren't enough: On Friday afternoon at school, they told me that our community trip to Trader Joes wasn't going to be allowed. Its in the next county over, and not more than 5 miles from the school. But, its IN THE OTHER COUNTY!!!!! So we can't go! The special ed office (and my mentor!) had told me that it was okay because it was so close. So, I have to go tell the manager at the store that we can't come on Tuesday now. He set up a whole tour and everything for us. And because of the late notice, we probably can't go anywhere. We've already been to Safeway and did a tour there... plus went shopping there. I can take them if I fill out a field trip request... so, what, I'm going to take them on a 45 minute field trip? Maybe I'll try to combine the Trader Joe trip with the one I wanted to do to Whole Foods (same problem: they're near each other, not more than 5 miles from the school).
And I still don't have a gym, but I think I finally got the other club to drop my membership. They haven't asked me to buy it out (which is what the corporate office said I'd have to do)... And they can't charge my credit card because that card doesn't exist anymore. :sigh:
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #217  

Hey!
Just getting ready to get ready to go to bed! Still have to pack my lunch.....Get my clothes together.
Had a super busy day today. My house is back to cyclone city, but it will be here tomorrow....
Did five days worth of lesson plans, graded and recorded a gibungus stack of papers, did all my homework for my practicum which starts Tuesday , ran off a set of papers for tomorrow morning, made a delicious chicken and dumplings which I threw in the crockpot. Yummy.

My baby boy turns twenty tomorrow ! It was funny we got him a cute card that was for a little kid that says to our little boy on his birthday. Ha! My husband was cracking up in the card aisle. We were looking for like a big bird card or something doofy, but this other one is so funny. Also, a cute little clown balloon. (These two things look likie they are for a four year old or something.)He already thinks we are crazy. I wanted to get him a Power Rangers cake for his birthday. But, we got him a small cake with a football on it. He said he wanted a tequilla cake, I said I don't think so. He is getting money, so we will probably not see him, and the cake will be staring me in the face. I think I am going to leave it on the table in the morning with a note that says You and your friends Enjoy,just leave a piece for your brother......

I also googled the Hallelujah diet. before I posted the first time. (Notice I spelled it correctly this time.) There is no WAY I could eat like that. This lady tends to jump from one fad thing to another and then moves on to something else. I don't mean with just dieting either. I am not saying this to be mean, but I seriously think she could be one of those people who would be easily persuaded to join a commune or something.......I am very happy with weight watchers. I even told her that it was for me because I can eat whatever, but I have to be accountable.....Especially doing it online. After I made the mistake of wasting two points on two toosie rolls the other day. I was like man, I could have had a whole bag of those 100 calorie chips ahoy. Dang.......Oh well......Live and learn.

Have a great day tomorrow!

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:15 AM   #218  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Survived my day yesterday. Kind of hectic getting everything done here and then scooting down to Dm's. For the most part it was a pleasant visit- sure wish that she lived closer (would make a short pop in visit possible, as opposed to an all day excursion) but she has no intent on moving, so I guess I'll just shut up and quit bellyaching.

Pam- sounds like you have school today. Bummer. Happy Bday to your "baby" (mine turns 20 in May 06). Great idea with the cake... Got a laugh out of the Power Rangers cake idea. Reminds me of my Ds and stuff like that we have tried with him. Think I would have done the power rangers cake as a goof....... As far as the tootsie rolls go...sometimes you have to allow yourselves the darned things to get it out of your system. I was at a meeting in the summer where this one woman (who was BTW very close to goal, so WW was working well for her). Her big indulgence was a chocolate croissant. (sp). I think the darn thing was 8points or something outrageous like that but she had one every day. And she was willing to give up the points to avoid feeling deprived. So you do what you have to do.....If chocolate is a problem, if I remember correctly the M&M Kudo bars are only 2 points......they have just a few mini M&M's sprinkled on top and could get you out of that chocolate thing. Just an idea there. You are doing great!

Sue- good to hear from you two days in a row. Hope you found some focus and knocked something off your "to do" list. (isn't it amazing how we can stress over which job to get done first?) So glad that your time with Dd was so rewarding. Ok as far as Dh and the golf outing.......what is it with men and baseballs, golf balls and footballs anyway?????? Aw, he could have been doing far worse, and I guess you have to take advantage of somewhat warmer weather before winter sets in.

Tammy-good for you on hoping to control the BP with weight loss and getting healthy. I hear ya with not knowing what you will be facing in 20 or so years. I know that is a major driving force for me to get these # off. Hope that the rest of your day was healthy eating. You can do this!

Mouse- good to hear from you!!! Hope you can find a place to swim (is it starting to bug you that you can't?) I feel for you - seems as though whenever you are assigned an assistant you get a loser......and too bad you did not get to see your Dm. Do you have school this Thursday??? (if I remember correctly you had to take personal time for the Jewish holidays, right?)

Robyn- good for you getting a workout in!!! Hope you are not too sore today- and are sticking to your eating plan. I took some of those spinach/garlic balls to my Dm's- she liked them too. I'll post the recipe later- and honestly I think you could reduce the point value a bit more with some substitutions. But these do taste like the real deal....no diet thing at all and of course you get a veggie in. Did you find your living room?

Kerry- waiting anxiously (can't wait to hear about the good stuff you got!) to see how your shopping trip went!

Guess I'd better get my hyde in the shower. Dh and Ds are at Ds's double header.....who knows if I will get there or not. Forgive me but I do not really want to go anywhere today. Ain't I a crumb!!!!! BTW, for you WW'ers out there, one member mentioned the other day that 1/2 cup of Fiber One cereal is 0 points......a pleasant sort of sweet, crunchy snack if you are into eating dry cereal. Just don't eat too much of the stuff.......you'll be sorry!
See ya later!
Ginny
Old 10-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #219  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

WELL.... read the posts from today as I sat down to my husband's home cooking. You know...dinner at the keyboard!
So .... here is some GUILT!

Get this.... tonight when I arrived home from school dinner was ready! He made: homemade rolls, twice baked and then mashed potatoes (my absolute favorite thing he makes!), green beans that he cooked with meat, and chicken...FRIED...in OIL.... in a PAN ON the stove!

He also had dessert waiting... some sort of apple cashew cinnamon bun stuff! I asked him if WW sent him into the kitchen with plans of destroying me?!

I did eat a small helping of everything with the exception of the greasy beans. It tasted yummy. I'm done for the night. Well, duh! I think I'm sorta feeling a bit queasy at the thought of all the points I just ate. BUT .... What was I supposed to do??? Insult him?! (hehehe!)

This won't happen again this week....So I HAD to enjoy the chance when it came up!

gotta run....boy scouts...yipppeee skipppeeee
take care, meeeee (don't report me to the WW authorities!)
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:57 PM   #220  
Swimming Mouse

Good evening, all! I have some really great news, and have to share (but also had some not-so-good news):

Okay, so I get it out of the way: not-so-good is that my lower wisdom teeth have to come out, the upper 2 were already taken out because they were twisted when they came in and eventually decayed... however, the bottom teeth are also grown into the bone, so it'll have to be done by an oral surgeon. My own dentist cannot do it. I'm going to ask my primary care doctor if she can recommend somebody local because my dentist is near the gym in Baltimore. I see her 2 times a year, and I always make my appointments during the time I'm off school anyway... So it didn't make sense to change.
First good news: I joined the other gym that I saw (the one I wanted to work for). I'm going to try to start going tomorrow, at least to swim... I forgot to ask about getting somebody to show me out to use their equipment upstairs because it is a little different than my old gym. But its REALLY accessible, I've been there 3 times at different points of the day and not had any issues parking. There is an easy to use elevator, and while the pool isn't perfect (steps instead of a ramp, and no hot pool to do the PT exercises in), its a bit deeper. If it doesn't work, I just might sign up for water aerobics classes at the nearby rec center. They have some neat classes that sound kinda fun... water kickboxing, and water yoga. I just hope they have them in the evenings. But they also have quite a few deep-water classes, and water jogging. I could probably get into water jogging with my iPod once I learned how to do it.
I can get the classes for free if I volunteer for 4 hours a month, and they need lifeguards. I'll have to see where I can squeeze another 4-6 hours in...
Second good news: I saw my endocrinologist today. She had bloodwork done last week, and she already had the results back. I OFFICIALLY have normal insulin levels! When I started seeing her, it was like 56. HIGH normal is 17. I was at 15, so I'm not just high normal, I'm NORMAL NORMAL!!! Also, the last two blood tests have shown normal liver function as well... that is what we were hoping for, because the liver has a remarkable way of healing itself. The enzymes went wonky after I took Glucophage for several months, and its taken 3 years to have two tests come back normal. It was usually one would be normal or slightly elevated, and the next time, it would be elevated and the other would be fine.
I do still get nauseous from time to time, but its nowhere near as bad as it has been. And, I guess the reason I can't go without eating completely now is that since my insulin level is normal, my body is mostly doing what it is supposed to do. With any luck at all, weight loss will follow. I am wearing smaller sized clothing, and I can wear some pants that aren't stretchy. I wore my jeans today for the first time since last spring (can't wear 'em to work so they don't get worn much... my new school allows it, but you have to pay $2 to the scholarship fund on Fridays for Jeans Day... I don't think its worth it, personally!)... and last time they were just a bit tight. Now, they are loose, and I have to pull them up. But the scale hasn't changed at all. I don't get that one.
Oh well. Can't wait to get swimming again.
Ginny: Yes, it has REALLY been bugging me. I don't have the patience that I developed from getting the exercise. One thing I need to work out though is a snack. Our hours are so strange: 9-4, and my lunch break is at noon. I need to find some low-carb, easily portable snack that I can put in the car so I eat something before going to the gym. I was thinking something like a SlimFast snack-bar, but they don't have any low carb ones... and most of the low-carb ones have chocolate coating, which I can't have. I wonder if the low-sugar ones from South Beach or SlimFast would be okay? I usually have celery and cucumbers with lunch, so I'm not going to want those again, and if I buy anything that needs to be refrigerated, I'm likely to leave it in the fridge at school.
Any ideas?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #221  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Just a brief visit to tell you about my weekend. Went to class on Saturday. it was okay. Came home to pick up my dh and off to the mall we went. I got a new winter coat. Get this it is a men's medium. I was floored at the size. I tried on a coat by the same company (columbia) in a women's and it was too tight across my shoulders and upper arms that was a large and an extra large. I was able to get 4 pairs of jeans in a size 16. I got a couple Ohio State t-shirts in a large too. Then my dh and I went to Lonestar for dinner. Which by the way, sucked. We ordered a Texas Rose and it was burnt. So the manager tried to replace it with another one. Ended up giving us an order if potato skins but we didn't eat any of them since we had already gotten our dinners. The waiter never came back to see if I wanted something else to drink besides my big margrita and glass of iced tea. So that ticked me off. We got free desert out of the deal. i ordered a piece of cheesecake and eat it. But it wasn't any good. I think it had a lot to do with my mood by this point in the evening. I was tired and was looking forward to a nice quiet relaxing dinner with my dh and then this happens. We didn't have to pay for our meal though. The manager picked up the tab. Came home and walked to the local bar to play some pool. Ended up drinking 4 fuzzy navels and some old man tried to pick me up at the bar. Came home and finally fell into bed around 3 a.m. So I was up on Saturday for about 21 1/2 hours. Woke up yesterday morning at 10 to get ready for my sds' football game. But I did make the time for a 3 mile walking video. Jumped in the shower and hurried up to get ready to go to their game. Went to their game and then it was off to Wal-mart to pick up some much needed bath supplies like shampoo, deodrant and the like. I did treat myself to a new cd Big and Rich. Went to dinner with my dh and came home to straighten up the house and do some laundry. Finally fell into bed around 12:30 only to get back up at 5:30 to face my day. So that was by big exciting weekend. I did buy two pairs of tennis shoes yesterday. They were on sale at the Shoe Dept. New Balance.
Now I am off to make my lunch for tomorrow morning and get my clothes laid out and then it is off to bed for me. Talk to you all tomorrow. I will be more personal than with you all.
Have a wonderful evening.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #222  
Swimming Mouse

Wow, everybody must have been super busy today! So, for the second day in a row, I have good news...
My TA is still out, but since she actually called it in on Friday, I have a substitute for her. And he's pretty competent. He's a lawyer, but he has some time during his day, and he likes working with kids. He comes prepared, too... he has a pretty neat Memory Book to teach mnemonics to the kids, and a stamp album. I'm so psyched, because I'll be out on Thursday for Yom Kippur. I'm hoping that he is really there all week like we think, because he can do some of that stuff when I'm out. He's also quite capable of working with either my higher kids or my lower kids. The lower kids started sorting beads by color today for our classroom business, and he was quite happy to help with that, but he also helped one of my girls with Algebra.
The last bit of this may not sound good, but it is: my student who has seizures had one right at dismissal: went to his feet and everything, made the usual noises that he makes when he's seizing.. but came out almost instantly! I hope that means the new medication is working better; otherwise he'll have to have surgery and I don't want that for him.
Second bit: I went swimming today. I got kicked out of the slow lane! At my old gym, I'm one of the slower swimmers. Nobody ever wanted to share a lane with me, they'd rather wait. Here, I'm too fast for the slow lane... and I was the faster of the 2 other women in the lane with me. About the time I left, a man joined the lane and he was faster than me. I was really surprised, let me tell you. And I just confirmed how much I missed swimming: I was seriously less stressed when I was done.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:25 AM   #223  
burned out bus driver

A drive thru visit here......I am going to WW this am, and then the rest of the late morning/afternoon I am locked in my big yellow bus. One school has a 1/2 day......gotta go up to that town 2 X........ But rain or no rain I am going to WW once the am monsters are safely delivered to school.

Robyn- if I give you directions would you send up Dh to cook for me too?
The meal sounds wonderful and aw so what as far as WW goes. Just figure you used up some of those additional points (of the 35) and regroup today.

Mouse- congrats on the normal insulin levels!!!!! Great news for you (about time for you, as I am sure you will agree). Not sure about a low carb snack- but the SB bars sound as though they will work. Or, check out some web sites, there has to be a recipe for something you could make yourself. SO glad you got some pool time in! Bet it felt great.

Kerry- so, a successful shopping trip! Hey, Tues is your WI day, right?How did that go? Too bad about the restaurant.....sure wrecks a meal.

Okie dokie......guess I'd better go get ready to sniff some diesel fumes.
See ya and have a great day!
Ginny
Old 10-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #224  

Hey!

Well, tomorrow is Thursday. I am sooooooooooo pooped. I have had one meeting after another all week, no planning period, meetings after school. Meetings scheduled at the same time. Bluck.........
I wish it were Friday. So, I could get some much needed rest. However, I am planning on going to my mom's this weekend, so I don't think that is going to happen. I don't know though. I have been so tired.....Maybe I will go next weekend. Or not......
I was soooooo tempted to drive to KFC tonight. However, I went to the grocery store and bought chicken..... So, it's currently in the oven. I am starving. I just realized I have only had nine points today! I have been really working to shave my points in the morning and at lunch, so I can have a decent dinner. So, I bought some WW english muffins (1pt) and ate one for breakfast. I took a peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch ( I only use 1 teaspoon of peanut butter) sugar free jello and a fruit cup. I ended up eating an apple during planning. I'M STARVIN LIKE MARVIN! Oh, I only drank half of my pepsi this morning too. Miracles can happen.
Mouse: Sounds like your luck is changing for the better. It's about time!
Congratulations. Glad you finally got your swim in. I was going to walk tonight, but I'm just pooped.
Kerry: Wow! Size sixteen. Dang, I'm jealous! I have some shirts that are size sixteen. I bought one outfit that was a sixteen. However, I'm debating on whether or not I want to keep it. I just put a new coat on layaway this weekend. I need some money, cause I need some clothes. I have nothing to wear. I was so mad this morning trying to get ready for work. I only have two pairs of pants. I was great when it was warm enough for capris. Now, I'm in trouble.....We don't get paid until the end of this month......I think I am going to go to the thriftstore and find something.
I certainly can't go to school naked! I mean clothes were flying everywhere this morning.....
Ginny: Wish we had half a day! We have next Friday the 21st off. I'm very excited about that. I am taking an annual leave day and being a bum.
Hey to everyone else!

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #225  
burned out bus driver

Pam- I am exhausted too.....wish this darned week would just end. Good job on keeping your points so low. So nice to do that because it opens up a ton of options as the day goes on. Hey, I hear ya with financial woes.....Dd has been burning thru the $$ at school- and we just had to pay property tax....my acounts are suffering and payday is a week away for me. Fortuately Dh is paid the 15th.

Got to WW for a short WI and most of the meeting... (had to run out because of the early closure). I lost .8 -considering that TOM is due I am happy. I broke out of the 160's too.....so I am one happy camper. I worked awfully hard for that .8. Lots of excercise and I really did fairly well with my eating this week, although it was far from perfect.
Ok, better go- schools are closed tomorrow - except of course that my run services the Catholic HS which is NOT closed. So I willl be sniffing diesel fumes at 6 am (yawn).
Spent far too many hours in a school bus today......over 120 miles......not looking foward to tomorrow am, but at least my day will probably end a wee bit earlier. Might actually be home by 4:15.
Time to shut up. See ya tomorrow! G'nite (and Hi to all I missed)
Ginny