Old 09-18-2005, 07:12 AM   #106  

Hello Ladies! Sounds like everyone is having a busy weekend. Yesterday my DH took me to a bowling alley his friend owns (about 1 hour away) to get a new ball. My current ball and shoes are from 1984! The guy watched me throw a few balls then showed me several to pick from. I picked one called Tropical Storm. I thought it would be good to help me remember all the victims of Katrina and therefore appreciate how good I have it. I also picked out a new pair of shoes. I just wanted basic ones that wouldn't be outdated in a year. Of course these catelogs have no prices in them and I am clueless when it comes to bowling gear. I picked out a very basic pair, nothing fancy and definately nothing to get excited about. On the way home my DH informed me that they were probably the most expensive pair of shoes in the book and they propabably will cost over $150!! I was so mad that he didn't tell me that while we were still there. Like I need expensive bowling shoes. My current shoes were less than $30 and they have lasted me 20 years!!! Have I mentioned how badly I stink at bowling?! Like I need fancy shoes! I didn't even think I needed a new ball but my DH thinks it might help my bowling since technology has really advanced in the past 20 years. Of course this is coming from a man who buys a new ball every year! Funny how price is no option for golf and bowling but heaven forbid I buy the children new shoes when they out grow their old pair!

Today I am hoping to just lay low. I don't think I will be ready in time for early mass, so I will relax with a cup of coffee for a bit. Late mass isn't until 10:30 a.m. I have my lesson plans all ready for next week and my papers are all corrected and entered into the computer. My DS has a couple of homework papers I'll need to help him with but other than that (and housework) I am a free woman today! Next week looks like it is going to be crazy with something going on every night, so I guess I will relax and enjoy the day!

Robyn - I hope you enjoyed your "friend" weekend. One of my friends is expecting her first grandchild in a few months. It does make you feel old! I have step-grandchildren but I am not sure that is the same.

Ginny - Sorry to hear your DD has a bladder infection and may have to face surgery. What would they do for that?

Kerry - My you had a rough Thursday! I hope the weekend was better for you. I liked the female cop on the biggest loser too. I can't wait until Tuesday to get to know the characters more. My DH recorded the first one for me on Tbo (sp?) so I am tempted to watch it again before Tuesday.

Pam - I am sure your DS will figure out what he wants to do and then be ready to work to get there. Boys are just sometimes a little bit slow in that area (figuring out what they want to be when they grow up).

Tammy - Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work. Do some sit ups for me!

Mouse - Did you sign a year contract with the gym? Did you pay for it all at once or are you still paying each month. Couldn't you just have the bank stop the payments? I thought most gyms had a satisfaction garenteed policy where you can get your money back if you aren't happy. So what types of things are you going to do for transition with your AI boy? I keep talking about transition for my DS but I guess they aren't going to worry about it until they have to (14- years in Michigan). I just want him to be exposed to different things so he can have some idea what is out there. Right now he wants to be a police officer like his favorite uncle. Can you picture rainman with a gun? Probably not happening. He has sensory issues so a job where you get dirty is out. He will need something that is pretty much the same everyday at least where there aren't any surprises. Plus he is limited academically! I have no idea what but there must be the perfect job out there for him somewhere!

Sue
MaintenanceMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:24 AM   #107  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Sounds like you were all busy this weekend too! I made it through my Saturday without hurting anyone. LOL I did drive my van to and from the football game. So I basically drove 4 hours yesterday. An hour to and from my class and an hour to and from the football game. Jeez I just could have driven home to see my family since that is how long it takes one way. LOL My dh knew that I was running out of energy and patience on the way home when his one son would not stop asking fifty millon questions. I stopped a stop sign and told my stepson he was not to talk anymore until we got home since it was 10:30 at night and foggy out on this curvy road. He wanted to debate the issue with me and I started to get out of the van and open his door, so I could look him in the eyes and repeat myself. I think I scared my dh some. My dh told him not to talk again or he was going to be in huge trouble. Today I don't have a whole lot planned. I did bring some school work home to work on if I had some free time. It isn't really necessary that I work on it before tomorrow. So we will see if I even pick up the bag. I do know that my dh and stepkids are to go for a walk with me sometime today. I asked them last night to and amidst grumbling from the boys my dh did say that yes they would do that today with me. He explained to them that I was up early yesterday, went to class, came home and went to their game last night and stayed for the second game so they could watch it. Which they didn't watch much of because they played with their little friends instead. We did leave at half time though. So I don't know if we will go to Old Man's Caves, to the lake or just walk on the bike path with them. But I know we are going to take a long walk. LOL
Tammy congrats on another pound lost. I knew you could do it! Keep up the great work! See you just needed to treeck (sp.) your diet a little bit. Atleast you are in the same building as the bathrooms at your school. I have to walk from my portable into ever the immediate or primary buildings to use the bathroom. Needless to say I can't hold my water intake for long periods of time or I might have an accident. LOL
Mouse, sounds like you had a better time teaching classes at the Red Cross this weekend. I am glad that it was easier on you this time. Glad you are making progress reaching out to your students. Sounds like the school really doesn't get very involved in preparing the students for the real world after high school though. That is very sad. Hope you can think of somethings to help your senior and get the backing from your school staff. Sounds like you had a wonderful time on Friday talking with the sub. TA. Is there any possibilty that you could requset that TA to sub again when needed? Hope you are enjoying what free time you have this weekend.
Sue, so you got a new bowling ball and pair of shoes yesterday. I know what you mean about the price of stuff and when it comes to their stuff it is okay. Like I can only wear New Balance tennis shoes and Clark shoes from now on because of my feet problems. Since I was heavy for so long and than took off some of that heavy load, my feet produced fat deposits on the underside of my pinky toe on both feet. So I have to wear insoles and the above name brand shoes. My dh almost went into stroke mode on me when we were pricing shoes this summer for school. He was like can't you wear Dr. Schol's shoes. I said remember I tried once and they did more pain than help. I did get my shoes but had to get them on sale and installments. But if the kids need sports gear, money is no object. So I can feel your pain, Sue. Hope you have a nice relaxing Sunday.
Robyn, hope you had a wonderful weigh in and trip this weekend.
Summer, how was your week with your kiddies? We miss you and hope you come drop us a line or two soon.
Ginny, miss you too and hope your computer is fixed soon. How is your dd feeling?
Michele, hope you had a nice relaxing weekend.
Well I think I am going to throw some clothes on and workout a little bit before my whole family is up and moving around for the day. Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 12:27 PM   #108  
KAR

Got my 3 mile WATP Express tape in this morning. My stepsons' even joined in with me. One walked the whole 3 miles and the other one walked 2 miles with me. They just seemed to pleased to share a workout with me. They are only 7 years old and had fun. They even said that they would still go for a walk with me later this afternoon too. It is apparent to me now that their mom really doesn't do much of anything with them. Which is sad. My dh and I are always playing with them, taking places that they want to go to and helping them with their homework. The kids told us the other day, that they are left pretty much on their own to do what ever they want to at home. That might explain why they don't want to leave and go home anymore with their mom. This has been a good reality check for me today where the kids are concerned. Remind me of this when they are driving me nuts the next time. I just can't believe having children and not doing anything with them. Last night at the football game, my sdd came up to my dh and I and asked if she could go run a favor for her mom ( it is our weekend with the kids). My dh asked what it was and my sdd said that she had to go get her mom and sdf something to drink. He told her to go ahead. Mind you we were on the visitor side of the field in the middle. Her dm and sdf were sitting by the end zone closest to the concession stand. So it won't have been that far of a walk for them. Since her dm has met this guy she is married to now, she has gotten heavier. My stepkids have told us that their mom will sit out in the van and send them into the grocery store to pick what she needs. They are only 7,7 and 9. My parents didn't trust me to go into the store to pick up stuff by myself until I was a teenager. When they are with us, and we stop at a store they want to run in and get it for us with us staying outside. I won't let them do it, since there are a lot of crazies out there in this world and you never know when one is going to appear. Sorry for my little rant. Need to go and get my shower.
My dh took the kids out to lunch at the Chinese buffet near our house. I didn't want to go and be tempted by the buffet to overeat. My goal is to be 175 by Dec. so I don't want to jinx myself. Talk to you all later.
Kerry
Old 09-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #109  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey ya'll!

I've returned home after a WONDERFUL Saturday! Nothing like good friends to make you NEARLY forget what goes on Monday - Friday! HOWEVER, we were ALL teachers! At the baby shower with 15 in attendance total... only 2 were not some sort of teachers (but they have hung out with teachers so long they might as well be!! Actually they are both nurses... so they have their own "issues"!)

We each got to "name" the baby! Only teachers would sit around and think of the most CRAZY name we could think of! We did a bunch of other goofy stuff too! You KNOW how teachers get! LOL ...and then it turned into "war stories"! We laughed until we cried! I ate NOTHING! I knew that as soon as the others left we would had reservations for dinner!

We went to Maggiano's! If you are not familiar, look that up on the internet! I did fairly well.....but I've used up points for next month! LOL I allowed myself to taste a small portion of everything we ordered. (It is served family style!) OMG! The food was exceptional!

Left for home at 11:45pm, promptly took a wrong turn, realized my error about 10 minutes in the wrong direction... got back home around 1:30 this morning! Ann has called from Florida! They're home. Momma to be is sleeping the day away! All is good! NOW.... I have tons of house work and school stuff to do...I've yet to read all that happened here this weekend.... BUT I wanted to run in and say hello! The baby is due next month! So I will get to see Ann (and MY new "grandbaby"!!) in a few weeks!

I've posted my wi results from Saturday PREMaggianos below! Anyone here have issues with constipation caused by MENTAL issues due to the fear of not being able to go before the weigh in??? I need to talk to you, if so.... for the 3rd week in a row... I've psyched myself OUT so much that my WW leader and I are certain that I weigh less than the scale is showing on Saturdays! (Too much information?! You've not heard the worst parts! LOL) ANYone have experience with this sort of MENTAL PROBLEM! I'm NOT joking.... I've GOT to figure out how to control my brain! THIS issue was the cause of the NO weigh in week 3! Thanks for listening to my poop problems! LOL

take care,
meeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:01 PM   #110  
KAR

Robyn Congrats on the 1.8 pound loss. Keep up the great work! I don't know what to say about your mental poop problem. Can honestly say that it doesn't seem to be a problem for me. But I will ask my one friend from TOPS if that has ever happened to her and get some feedback to you. Glad that you had a wonderful Saturday! Enjoy your day doing housework, schoolwork, and everything else you might get into. LOL
I am trying to talk myself into doing some housework. The house looks like a diaster area. I did get the laundry rounded up and started. So that is a plus, I guess. After my sdd watches her movie, than we are going out to the lake to take our walk. So I guess I could reward myself with the walk if I get some housework done, right? Well I better get off my big butt and get started. Talk to you all later.
Kerry
Old 09-18-2005, 08:15 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Evening everyone,
Sunday evenings get me blue when Monday I have to go back to schoo. Sorry, had to say it. I'm just sitting in my office listening to Loreena McKinnett (Canadian that sings Celtic) with my 'mood' candles on trying to relax.

Mouse: I hope you can find a place to swim. I do not even have the courage to swim in public in a gym. I only get in the water on vacation because I know I'll never see the other folks there again.

Sue: Bowl a game or two for me! We now live one mile from a huge alley and I've been once with people from my DH work. One of the gals organized it and it was great. There was a unique mix of people there....my DH and I, several other 'tradional' couples and three 'non-traditonal' couples (males and females)! We're going again next month. Do you know if it burns a lot of calories??? Maybe that could be an alternative to my walks/biking in the winter. (BTW, my DH doesn't have a problem with frequent golf-related purchases either. I told him when I hit my goal, watch out.....I'm heading to the mall for a shopping marathon.)

Kerry: I'm so jealous....I love Hocking Hills. Old Man's Cave is our fave walk there. Hocking Hills is my DH favorite park. We've camped there several times when kids were younger (sold camper before I had to sleep in it again). We really want to get there for a weekend in this year...even if its winter. One of our Cinci friends has an old cabin in the woods there. When do the leaves start turning?? I bet it's gorgeous. We actually only live about an hour and half from there (I think that's what my DH said). I haven't been since we moved here from Cinci. He goes to his bud's cabin every Feb. for a guys acting like college kids weekend of skeet, paintball, beer, and storytelling, not necessarily in that order.

Robyn: I hope you work out your PP. I had a friend like that but she got psyched for different reasons. Maybe lots of water and listen to some relaxing music???? My 18 year old DS actually has a CD called "Come Poop With Me." Of course its a comedian with a dog puppet that used to be on the Conan Show (I think). It's crude, lude, and pretty funny to listen to at home when no one else is around.

DH just came in from his bike ride. I think I need to finish up my school stuff.

Later, ladies. Have a great week!

Tammy
Mad 4 STING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #112  
KAR

Tammy,
I only live about 45 minutes to an hour away from Hocking Hills. We didn't go there today like I had wanted to. But we did make it to the local lake and walked around the island. I could have went farther on a walk but the kids were too tired after that little hike around the island. Maybe sometime when you head to Hocking Hills, we could meet each other. Just a suggestion. Would love to have a little reunion of sorts with everyone on here sometime? I wonder were would be a central location for everyone to meet at?
I did get all my laundry done for the week so far, straightened up the house, graded papers, put grades in my computer, did my folders for each day this week of my kids work, and went grocery shopping this evening. So now I am relaxing before I go to bed.
Well this coming week looks like it is going to be a busy week too. I have to work after school on Monday through Wednesday. I have my TOPS meeting on Tuesday night. I have to go to a middle school about an hour and a half away for an iDiscovery meeting. It is for a free 2 hour graduate class through one of my workshops that I took this summer. So I couldn't pass it up. Than Friday night going to an away football game with my dh. Plus fit in three evenings at Curves too. On Saturday, my dh and I are to meet some of my old freinds from my first teaching job for dinner. Sunday the boys have another football game. So looks like I will be busy this week once again. When will my live ever slow down or will that be when I retire?
But I will seek on here doing my kids specials and my lunch breaks. Plus if I have some time in the evenings I will drop in.
Hope everyone has a wonderful work week! Keep up the great work on your diet and excerising.
Kerry
Old 09-19-2005, 09:38 AM   #113  
KAR

Hi All,
Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful work week. Hope you have a great week with your kids at school! Plus an even better week at dropping a pound or two and having your scales move down instead of up.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-19-2005, 04:12 PM   #114  

Hey everyone!
Had my cat scan today. Yippeeee. Still won't know the results until a few days. So, I worked until 11:30 and was out of the hospital by quarter til two, picked my son up. I was starving. COuldn't have anything to eat or drink for four hours before the test. Yuck. So, I came home and ate some grapes.......I figured I would wait until dinner. You know, the funny thing is, normally I don't think about being thirsty, but I was thirsty today.
I am getting ready to do my grades for progress reports. I spent Saturday recording the eight million papers that have been residing in my book bag. Isn't that fun....But, it was a relief, My book bag weighs a whole lot less. Kinda nice....Progress reports are not due until next Monday, but my husband's company is having a family picnic/softball game next Sunday, so I need to go ahead and get this done.
Went to lunch yesterday with my friend from the fourth grade. It's great. It doesn't matter how much time we spend away from each other, we pick up right where we left off. It was really nice. She was my matron of honor, and I haven't seen her in couple of years.
Other than that, not much happening. I can happily say that I have eaten properly today since I couldn't eat. So, that's a nice way to start the week. I think I am going to try and walk tonight. The cruise is quickly approaching..........
Talk to you all later.
Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #115  

Happy Monday Everyone,

Nothing too exciting in Ohio today. I tried to pay the latest tuition installment for my son's college, and he changed the password on me! I called him and he actually answered his phone during a movie in sociology! He called back when he was out and said "He didn't think he had changed it," but gave me a new one to try. It didn't work, so he said he would go right then to Student Services to take care of it.

I stayed after and got my copying, etc. for the rest of the week so I can relax in the evenings.

Later,
Tammy
Old 09-19-2005, 08:02 PM   #116  
burned out bus driver

Okie,dokie........the computer guy says my computer if fixed. Seems to be, although it will need some more work. Memory upgrade.......and he wants to strip out the operating system and reinstall it. Seems as though one of Ds's games messed up my IP - I dunno........hope this works. And he felt sorry for me, worked on it for hours and only charged me for 2. And charged me at the old rate. We had some really interesting conversations about our kids over the past week- one of the reasons he took so long working on this was that his Dd totalled their van last week- after passing her road test only 2 hours before. I can relate to that one......Ds passed his road test today. Lord give me grace. He seems to be a good driver- better than his sister. I hope!!!
Anyway- a quick hello. Welcome Tammy......sorry I have no time to get personal tonite, wanted to let you know that I hope to be back for awhile. This week is busy- tomorrow I am helping my neighbors move, Wed is Dd's sonogram, things might slow down Thursday. Friday volunteer day at Dd's school and hopefully I can sneak in a WW meeting. Somehow, I will get here tomorrow.....and address each of you personally. Gee, I missed you all!
Nite-
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:35 PM   #117  
KAR

Afternoon Ladies,
Well my day is going okay. It is not the greatest day. I think part of the problem for me today is that I am a little hurt by my dh's behavior/reaction of a little encounter we were having last night. When we were almost done, he looks at me and says we need to stop. I just realized that today would have been my 13th wedding anniversary to my ex-wife. Than he says that he is going to go away for awhile and leaves. He left at 11 p.m. and came home around 3:30 a.m. this morning. I could understand his weird behavior if it was the first or second year after their divorce. But it was the fourth year. I know that he loves me and doesn't have feelings for her anymore. But it still bothers me. I just don't know what I should do or how to react around him for the next couple of days. When I kissed him good-bye this morning since he was still in bed when I left, he woke and said I love you. I really do! So was that his way of trying to apologize for his rash behavior last night ir what? Please give me some advice. I really would appreciate hearing from you more experienced wives. Since I have only been married to my dh for 1 1/2 years.
I have one student who likes to pout when he doesn't get a reward and someone else in the room does. I tried talking to him and he just refuses to listen. I did get him to answer my question of whether or not he gets mad at home when someone in his family has a birthday and they get presents and he doesn't. He said no that is just stupid. So I am trying to use that approach with him to see if he can grasp the concept that not everyone gets rewarded all the time. Any suggestions for this?
Tonight is my TOPS meeting and than I get to go home and watch The Biggest Loser. I hope that will motivate me not to eat poorly in the evenings. Last night I just had a little pig fest. I ate some soup to go, yogurt, fruit cocktail, sweet and sour meatballs and rice. Than I got into the candy jar in my after-school program directors office and eat some chocolate. Then when I got home I had some chips and salsa. So far today, I have stay on track. I hope I can keep it this way. Enough about me.
Ginny, welcome back. We sure did miss you. Sounds like you have been busy as ever. Hope your dd's sonogram goes well tomorrow. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers during the next couple of days.
Pam, sounds like you had a rough day yesterday. Hope you get your results soon. Hope you have a better day today. Atleast you started the week off right with good food intake. LOL The scales should go down some for you.
Tammy, did your son get his password figured out yesterday. Sounds like you got a lot done for this coming week. So how do you plan on relaxing in the evenings?
Hello to Robyn, Summer, Mouse and Michele. Hope all is going well for you all this week.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #118  
burned out bus driver

Ok, just me and one of my drive thru visits........
Hugs to you Kerry. I know little about divorces/divorced spouses, but can imagine that because dates become such a large part of our lives, that Dh's reaction was just that, not intended at all toward you, but just frustration over all the pain from his failed relationship of the PAST. And stuff like that never really goes away- and depending upon how the rest of his day was, or maybe something reminded him of the bad times with the ex- you know how stuff just creeps into your life like that. How sometimes you are surprised at how something in the distant past can seem so present, something reminds you of it. (hope I am making some sense here!). That is what it sounds like to me. And you just might have to tenderly approach 9/19 for the rest of your lives, and possibly expect a reaction from him. But, I totally agree, his reaction was outof line- and an overreaction (does he have some family member who is chucking old guilt at him about his ex, perhaps?). And his I love you today was an apology. Sometimes that is the best you will get.
Hugs- get a good sweaty workout in, try to forget about it for now, and if you feel the need to, talk to Dh about it, but in a few days when the topic is less volatile.

Back to diesel fumes...................see ya later!
Ginny
Old 09-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #119  

Evening Ladies,

Kerry: I've been married for 20 years and I married at 20.....ah, yes I turned 40 this year. So I have been with the same man half of my life!! OMG. I really do not have any advice specifically for what happened, but I do have some general advice....men are kind of like adolescents regardless of their personality, profession, intelligence, or maturity,etc., etc. The best of them will have their moments. I try to keep the big picture in mind and know that we are all just human, and I do not sweat the small stuff. We both have learned when to step back, step away, or step in. I guess that's why even though we married young and it seems like we've been together forever, we still act goofy at times and get along even better now than before.

And yes, the password situation is under control and tuition payment made on time. DH is getting the grill going as I type for some Laura's Lean Burgers and salad tonight. The season finale of my show INXS Rockstar is tonight. Boy, I live life on the edge. Anyway, take care.

Ginny: Take care of that computer. My DH gave me my own personal computer for my birthday 2-1/2 years ago. He sent me on a scavenger hunt starting in the garage when I came home from school through the first and second floors, and finally to the basement where he had it stashed in an old trunk. And yes, he had written clues all along the way. The kids thought it was hilarious that I was finally on the end of one of his unique ideas. But back to my reason for the story....he got so tired of my griping at the kids for downloading crap and putting too much 'stuff' on the family computer that he got one for me that was hands off to everyone, even him. It didn't have all the bells and whistles that was available, but it is still nice.

Pam: Hope your week is going well. Keep up the proper food, water, and exercise. We're thinking of you.

I hope everyone is having a decent week, and things are starting to settle down. They are a little at my school. Hopefully Hurricane Rita will not do much damage (kind of weird that's my mom's name and she just move to the gulf side of Florida in May). She's got a hurricane-like personality.

I would ramble forever if I didn't have to go and help with dinner and family life. See ya,

Tammy
Old 09-20-2005, 09:35 PM   #120  
burned out bus driver

Hi,
Just another short hello......
Hi Tammy! I never really got to "meet" you yet, with me and my dumb computer saga.
I agree with you and Kerry's Dh saga.....yup they all get addle brained from time to time (my Dh can be such a knuckle head at times!). How many children do you have??
And 20 years with the same man.....bless you for that! (we are in the 20+ year category, ourselves). But it sounds as though your Dh and marriage are "keepers". What a wonderful thing!!!!! Hope your evening went well.

Me, I am pooped. Did a Leslie Sansone this am. tomorrow Dd has her sono. Eating was pretty good. And I'd better get off this darned thing and get Dd to bed (myself too!).
See ya tomorrow.
Ginny