Old 10-24-2005, 05:21 PM   #271  
burned out bus driver

Happy Monday everyone!!!!
What a long day....and with the mood that Dh is in, it promises to be a very long nite.....oh well. Been a good day eating and getting workouts in. Just a long day and Atilla is in a crummy mood.

Pam- guess you are going to see the tail end of Wilma too...glad you got the sewing machine going. Was it the tension after all????

Robyn- glad you had such a productive day/morning!! Doesn't that feel great!
Hey- let me know when you are going on strike......can I join you?????? And you know that darned 0.4# is going to be gone on Saturday........

Mouse-did you have a good time at the dance????? Hopefully lots of entertainment and fun as a chaperone.......
Gotta go- Have a great nite!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:08 PM   #272  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

yahoo! someone else has been here! I was getting lonely out here by myself!

don't have anything to write-- except that I'm glad that this rainy, cold Monday is over!
I'm anxiously waiting to hear from my dear friend who lives in Florida.... When I talked to her this morning the house was boarded up and they were sitting listening to the wind and rain...the lights were flickering on and off. I was unable to get her via phone today after school ended..... They sure do need a REST from all the storms and mess!

Food intake was fairly decent...I'm under points....but didn't get in nearly all my milk! Oh well! I don't think I got all my fruits and veggies in either now that I think of it.
No exercise...unless you count pumping gas in the blowing windy rain.... OR messing with a bunch of boyscouts.... who were having a pumking carving contest tonight...but who ended up covering the room at the church were they meet with pumkin guts (by the fistfuls) instead. ARGGH!

gotta run...I am exhausted! (Wheww...Those 12 kids really take it out of me! actually, THEY DO! )
take care,
meeeee
thanks for all the nice words about my weight reduction! (hehehehe!)
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 PM   #273  
burned out bus driver

Good morning......or afternoon or whatever!!!!!

Been busy here.....got 3.5miles done with Leslie today (a 1.5 mile before work and 2 miles a few minutes ago) made dinner (Dd has piano tonite, so I have to be organised) spoke to my SIL in Fla- they are fine, just a wee bit wet......balanced my check book, if you can call it balancing.......in sorry condition for the next few days until Dh gets paid. And because I have been so busy, my eating is prretty good. Got a nice healthy lunch planned, and I am starving so I will get off here soon! Kiddies on the bus have been miserable......and simply amazing the police are now hanging out at strategic intersections of my route!! Hey, did you tell that I was a certified nut case..... , no it was one of my parents who witnessed the incident of 2 weeks ago who has been calling for police assistance.

Robyn- sounds as though this week will be great on the scale for you!!! Try to eat all your points (you can skip the "additional" ones if you like). Believe me when you go down to the next point range with weight loss you will miss those 2 darned points. You also need them for nutritional balance. But I do not always get all my points in either........some days it is easier than others.
Did you hear from your friend in Fla? Where do they live? Hey, did you want that 30 minute DVD from WW that I have?? I think it is a low intensity workout- so can't be too stressful. I didnot pay a cent for the thing.....yours if you want it, my dear. And it is 1 AP for the 30 minutes.

Okie dokie.........I gotta go eat lunch and get ready to face the masses again.
Hopeall who have not posted recently are doing ok, just busy!
We miss you.........
Ginny
Old 10-25-2005, 04:38 PM   #274  

Hey!
Made it through today. Nother busy week. Grades are due Friday, and suddenly all the kids are worried about their report card grade. Ha
It was quite cold and windy here today. I certainly didn't expect it to be quite as chilly as it was and didn't bring a coat to school. I have duty during elective change. I will be so glad when this month is over, cause I have had duty since the beginning of October.

Ginny: Wasn't me that told on you..........Yes it was the tension in the sewing machine...........You are so right about missing two crummy little points. Cause I went from 24 to 22 week before last. I have twelve points left for tonight. I am planning on using every one. I haven't been using all my flex points. Although, I may this week. I am soooo hungry. I am making homemade pizza for dinner and salad. I wanted chicken, but hubby is suffering chicken burn out. So...........I am going to make pizza instead.

Robyn: I have not excercised this week either. Unless you count all the walking I do at school. Or all the walking I do looking for something I laid down somewhere that disappears into the black hole. I think they need to go ahead and reserve a room for me, I'm doomed. How many points are you getting per day? I haven't really been good about tracking dairy products. However, I do eat cheese on my sandwich at lunch, and usually eat light ice cream at night. So, I guess I'm getting enough. How much exactly is a serving?

Hey everyone else!

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #275  
burned out bus driver

Survived today, or should I say the rest of it.

Pam- sure seems strange how you miss those darned 2 points.......I am NOT looking foward to going down to 20 points......but by the time I get there I should (please!!!!) be close to the end and can start adding points to maintain. That is if I ever get there. I find it simply amazing how the tension can so totally mess up stitching. Glad that was all it was for you. Enjoy your pizza.....glad you have the flex points saved up for it. (gee, we have been with WW a long time if we both know them as flex points......that is either good or bad, not sure! ). BTW, a serving of dairy is 1 cup of milk or yogurt (skim or low fat preferably). Too bad you have not had any luck getting a workout in this week. What do you usually do for excercise? (I forget). Sorry that the weather has been crummy.....perhaps it will warm up for a bit. It is still only October, we should not be feeling winterish.....at least not yet. Although our long lost friend Summer might have gotten some snow today- I hear that upstate NY and north (she is north of me in Connecticut) got snow. I love snow but its a wee bit early for that for me.....unless, of course we get a snow day out of it!

Tomorrow is my WW meeting........hope my WI goes well. My scale at home tells me I am down a wee bit. Hopefully the official monster scale at WW will agree. Getting a bit of a cold, and have a headache. RIght now I really wish I could just crawl up in bed with my book and read.......last nite Dd and I turned off the TV and read (Atilla was in such a crummy mood that quiet was in order.) And the quiet was SO nice. And we both love to read, so it was fun to do so together.
Anyway.....time for me to go.....hope everyone is doing well. Tomorrow is "hump" day.....1/2 of a week over and done! Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 10-26-2005, 06:15 PM   #276  

Just you and me Ginny:
I am just getting ready to bake some chicken. I am seriously ready for the weekend. Seems like my life feels so frantic and rushed lately. I usually walk everyday, or do the Watp tape, but haven't had the time or energy to do much of either. I guess I have not been getting all of my servings of dairy. According to what a serving is. Oh well, I am trying. I would dread going down to 20 points, but be excited, because that would mean I have reached my goal. My weight watchers goal is 150 or 145 one of the two. My personal goal is 155. I did weight watchers twenty years ago........But, I really never took it seriously and only went cause my mom kept telling me I needed to lose weight. You know the more she said it, the harder I would resist. It was a waste of money and time, cause I never took it seriously. I guess you just have to be at a point where enough is enough. I reached that point last year. It was right after Christmas, and my husband bought me clothes for Christmas, and none of them fit me. Not, one single thing.....I was over it by that point, so that's when I said I have had enough of this mess. I was excited to walk into Walmart yesterday, buy one shirt size X large, bring it home, and it fit. I'll be even more excited when I can do that with most things.

Well, I've babbled long enough, and have a ton of work to do, laundry, dinner, etc......
Talk to you later.
Pam

P.S. Hey to eveyone else.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #277  
burned out bus driver

Another long day.......

On the continuing saga of this burned out bus driver and the miserable drivers....
The father who witnessed my "passing" incident 2 weeks ago now has the police shadowing my route for the last(and worst) mile of my route every day.....gee, how do I rate this....or did Pam really snitch on me!!!! Of course nothing will happen now- not with the police around. But it makes life interesting.

Pam- well, none of us would be here unless we had reached that point where "enough is enough" and it is time to get the weight off. As far as WW goes, I guess you are following the winning points literature, and actually- not a ton has changed. Points are still points, and for the most part- the program is intact. Ask away.....of either Robyn or me (think Sue attends meetings too......). You are doing great- and working down to your goal. You will get there!!!! BTW, how tall are you? My goal weight is the same as yours......gee I would LOVE to get to 130, but know that at my age and 3 kids later, well, 130 is probably not realistic. So, I will take 150- just to get to the point where I do not have to pay for meetings anymore.... I hope you can get a walk in- even 15 minutes counts!!!! Congrats on getting the new shirt that fits!!! Bet that feels great!!!!!

Went to WW- had to leave pretty early- elementary had a 1/2 day.......I was down 1.2# (and finally got it over with and wore my "heavy" jeans, so that is over with.).
I know the heavy jeans weigh the most.....so I figure I lost a wee bit more than the scale shows. Nevertheless, I am happy.
Guess I'd better go study history with Dd.
Miss all you non posters.........Sue, Robyn, Kerry, Summer, Mouse, Tammy......forgive me if I missed you........
Ginny
Old 10-26-2005, 10:06 PM   #278  
KAR

Hi everyone,
I am sorry that I have been MIA for the last few days. I had a wonderful visit over the weekend with my family. I must have since I gained the 1 3/4 pounds back that I lost last week. HAHAHA. Oh well, I will take it off and more this coming week. Been busy with school, working on my part-time home business and getting stuff done for my follow-up classes to the summer. So haven't had much me time to just chill.
Congrats are in order for Pam, Robyn and Ginny for your weight losses for the week. Keep up the great job!
Mouse, sounds like you are adjusting well and fitting in at your new school.
Well I am sleepy and think that I will attempt to go to bed early tonight. Talk to you all later. Take care and have a wonderful Thursday.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:13 PM   #279  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

frantic week.
so many things going on. nothing huge or horrible...
but mannnnn it is getting to me.
did ok with eating until about an hour ago....
and then...darnnnnn it was a regular little 3 minute binge....
nothing huge point wise...but way too many points late at night
................How can these 12 kids be getting to me so badly?
................Talked with the principal for nearly an hour regarding progress / issues, etc.... came out with several compliments under my belt but feeling horrible....I can't HEAL these kids issues!
...............Oldest was off to volleyball tonight.
...............Youngest had to study for a major test. He gets so down on himself if he doesn't GET it perfectly the first time. He hates hates hates reviewing for a test. He had a major project due today. I hate working your fanny off....and then NOT getting to get the presentation part over with. He and his dad worked on the model... I was in charge of helping with the paper part.

.....We have our eyes glued to baseball....GAWD forbid we miss a pitch! LOL (Altho will admit that EVEN DH fell asleep last night before the game ended.... Didn't everyone except those living IN Chicago and Houston???)

Tomorrow I MUST MUST MUST behave my mouth........it is all emotional junk...I know this...but I can't reel it in until it is too late...sigh! Thanks for listening! I will try to get personal tomorrow! Promise!

Take care...keep up the great work!
meeee
Old 10-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #280  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Did well with eating until about 7 p.m. when I decided to throw the day away by eating two cookies.... not just any cookies...big fat raw cookie dough pillsbury cookies....why?! Why? Dh has no job, money is becoming an issue.... O.D.D. kid has plucked my VERY last nerve today....to the point of me writing a referral and him being put into ISS for the rest of the week! (Halleluhjah!) Why does my mouth open when my heart and brain are heavy with emotion? WHY can't I keep this crap under control. What a waste of a day. AND just this morning the scales had read a new number! I have to want THIS more than I am worried / upset about THAT.... but, man...I'm just so tired! Sorry. Tomorrow is another day...AND well, I stopped at 2 cookies. I usually stop when the cookie dough runs out. I guess that is progress!

Hi to everyone. Miss you guys!
take care,
Meeeeeeee
Old 10-27-2005, 10:53 PM   #281  

Hey!
How is everyone? I'm tired, frustrated and broke......The life of a teacher. Robyn, I understand your dilema. I myself just ate three bite size three muskateer bars. I wasn't going to even open them.................I don't even care. It was worth all four points. All the while my husband is telling me that is BAD BAD BAD! Well it tasted good good good
Ok, so I felt a slight bit of guilt, but it passed.

There was a recipe for mini chocolate chip cookies on the weight watchers web site. They are small cookies, but very rich. Two cookies are 1 point. Very good. I made some the other night, and my oldest son, said they were the best cookies I have ever made before. I will give you the recipe if you want it.

Ginny: I am on the flex plan online they had two choices. There was flex which gives you thirty five points a week, and then ap points as well as regular points. There was also, core. I couldn't do that one. I don't have that kind of willpower..........I am 5'8" tall. So, according to that, at 164 I will no longer be considered "overweight" (according to the BMI index. ) Ha! THey haven't seen my midsection. Apple with legs............Not in the butt or legs, not above the waist, below the waist. It's scarey.............

Kerry: Glad you finally checked in, thought we were gonna have to send out the dogs to find you.....

What happened to Summer????????????Sue?

Tired and going to bed....Hugs to all specially Robyn....It will get better.

Pam
Old 10-27-2005, 11:02 PM   #282  

Hey!
How is everyone? I'm tired, frustrated and broke......The life of a teacher. Robyn, I understand your dilema. I myself just ate three bite size three muskateer bars. I wasn't going to even open them.................I don't even care. It was worth all four points. All the while my husband is telling me that is BAD BAD BAD! Well it tasted good good good
Ok, so I felt a slight bit of guilt, but it passed.

There was a recipe for mini chocolate chip cookies on the weight watchers web site. They are small cookies, but very rich. Two cookies are 1 point. Very good. I made some the other night, and my oldest son, said they were the best cookies I have ever made before. I will give you the recipe if you want it.

Ginny: I joined weight watchers online. So, I am doing the flex plan. I looked at the core plan, but, didn't think I had the will power to do that one. By the way, I assure you I didn't rat you out.........
Just wondering ..........what was your bus number again???

Kerry: Glad you finally checked in, thought we were gonna have to send out the dogs to find you..... Hope all is going well for you.

Mouse: Hope you are having a good week.

What happened to Summer????????????Sue?

Tired and going to bed....Hugs to all specially Robyn....It will get better.

Pam

Any ideas on how to make a Darth Maul light saber? I need to do this soon so my son will have his costume complete. He is going to a Halloween Party Saturday Night. Yikes....Running out of time.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:50 AM   #283  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Does the Darth Maul light saber need to actually work? Without a light saber....he will just be some devil looking guy...so a light saber IS important! How about a flashlight with an aluminum foil (I love that stuff for costumes!) cone like thing (that would be the light part!) fixed to the end and covered with that red plastic food wrap?! If he wants it to really work....The sell the toy light sabers at Walmart.....It MUST be red or Darth will have the wrong one!....and everyone KNOWS that mom did the costume when Darth is carrying Yoda's light sabre.

Tonight I will be making some "KISS" wear..... yeah, the other stuff the boys and dh wanted to be ...I refuse......... so..... I'll be using some DollarGeneral foil cookie sheets to make some silver jewelry to wear with our black clothes! One of them will need silver shoulder and chest stuff...geesh..I guess I'd better go get a REAL view of what I need to make... We've got the make up! (Whew...THAT pressure is off)

Thanks for your support, Pam....4 points seems reasonable....for chocolate! My little binge had something like 12 points! OMG!

gotta run....take care

TGIF! TGIF!
meee
Old 10-28-2005, 06:53 AM   #284  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

YES....I nearly forgot the cookie recipie! PLEASSE!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:39 PM   #285  
burned out bus driver

Tired, frustrated and broke........gee, Pam the same words can be used to describe a school bus driver. Your description fits me perfectly these days.
My checkbook is a nightmare, thank goodness for overdraft protection. And I had that cleaned out a few months ago- back in the hole again.
Oh well- so you can tell I am having a wonderful day. Actually it is not all that awful, but my afternoon will be stressful. We have recently lost 3 drivers- and so all the "subs" are busy, the office is now driving kids......and they doubled up my run this afternoon. Guarantee I will be late for my elementary.......and Fridays they are usually in the upper stratosphere.......bring on the tylenol NOW please..........

Kerry, great to hear from you. We have missed you!
Pam- sounds as though you carry your fat the same as I do. I look pregnant- even when thin. Well sort of. No 6pack/washboard abs.......unless there is a couple of towels stuck to the washboard . I have tried the chocolate chip cookies- they are good. I also have a ww recipe for oatmeal cookies, and can post it if you like.
Robyn- I was wondering how you were managing on one income. Gee, it must be tough.......no luck with Dh's job hunt? Stress eating is difficult, I should know, I am the queen of it. We are all routing for you......don't eat, come here and vent instead. Or walk around the house....have a supply of something no calorie to drink in the fridge waiting for that moment to arrive......sometimes I use sf jello- works well.......or 94%ff popcorn- the whole darned bag is only 2.5 points. Coping strategy- try to find one.......you can and will do this!!!!! PM me if you need to......
Gotta go- sorry to be so abrupt. I just want a day to hang out in my jammies and do nothing.........fat chance that will ever happen!
See ya!
Ginny