Old 10-16-2005, 02:47 PM   #241  
Swimming Mouse

This is a swim-by post. Sounds like everybody is having a great weekend...
Ginny: No problems!!! Hope that hockey game was cool.
Robyn: Wal-Mart? Crowds? Gee... Have I told you about Wal-Mart Whiskey?
Kerry: Oooo! Lumps aren't any fun, and neither are anti-biotics. Enjoy the football banquet! I was just asked to help plan a major awards ceremony for the Science Fiction Writers of America. I was picturing a nice sit-down dinner, and some speeches. Uh, no. This is like the Academy Awards of Science Fiction. I'm wondering just what I've gotten myself into!
As for me? Well, I'm STILL working on my Red Cross class (which I have to be ready to give tomorrow night!), but I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel (of course, it could be the oncoming train...). I'm being observed on Wednesday... and my TA is of course out all next week. That should be interesting. We're making fruit salad, and I made an executive decision that we're going to make CANNED FRUIT salad... so I don't have to worry about knives. I even bought fruit with pop-tops.
(And of course, its all either juice-pac or no-sugar-added!) I'm not changing my lesson plan so I can do a dog & pony show for the supervisor... I told the kids we'd cook on Wednesday, so cook we will!
I did get to the gym to swim on Saturday... my old gym, because we had swimming lessons. I swam for an hour, and it was WONDERFUL! Then I spent 90 minutes helping test the kids because it was the last session till November. I might get to my new gym today for a quick swim because ... well... the hamburger didn't thaw, so I stuffed it back in the freezer. That means I have to go out for dinner, and if that's the case, I may go down toward the gym because there is a great pizza place there that has a non-oily cucumber and low-fat feta cheese salad. That'd be a good dinner, and the leftovers would make a great lunch with some celery and tuna.
I won't be home tomorrow or Tuesday because of my class, and won't be able to go to the gym either of those days. And Friday, we're going bowling for community instruction... Assuming that Ms. Mousie remembers to buy the darned Baby Ruth candy bars at the store that have the free bowling coupons on the back!

Okay... back to working on my class. Oh, and then to find the cable so I can hook my laptop to the TV at the chapter. I'm glad I bought that extra card for the computer so I can do that!
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 03:56 PM   #242  
burned out bus driver

Okie, dokie..lets try this again and hopefully a power surge will not kick me off. We have 45mph gusts of wind out there and ....well need I say more. Obviously my ISP had some trouble and kicked me off.

Mouse- enjoy that swim, ok?????? And your dinner sounds yummy- something a little bit out of the ordinary. (we generally don't have too many out of the ordinary places here, a wee bit too rural, even though NYC is only 50 miles from here). Gee, enjoy planning the awards dinner.....beam me up, Scotty.

Robyn- congrats on the weight loss! (as long as that darned scale goes down instead of up life is good!) Do not dispair- pick up a 1# block of butter and know with a huge smile that over 1.5 of those came off of your body this past week. Pretty impressive, if you ask me! Hope Gm's bday party was nice. Gee,you have some longevity genetics going for you......well, it makes me happy to think that you will be around for a long time to keep us laughing and kick me in the can from time to time! My condolences on the Walmart trip.....I hate the place when it is crowded.n Also condolences about being a pitchers mom. Remember I have 2 pitchers for kids.....have survived some 9 years of pitching.....got the grey hair to prove it too.....ok, it is covered up!

Kerry- so glad you took the time to get that lump checked out! Busy mom/teacher/wife/friend- you do so need to take good care of yourself.
Great news that it is a lymph gland, I've had that happen too. Guess with all the wonderful germs you face each day, your resistance might be challenged.
I sure think that going to the awards dinner makes up for missing the last game. (it would in my book!) Good job getting that 4 mile tape in. I do not usually allow myself the time for that one....an hour is a luxury for me.

Well, the darned hockey team stunk......Carolina out played them all night but we had fun. Forgot how much I like watching hockey.....it moves constantly, unlike that other sport that is epidemic in my house......baseball.
Dh was a sweetie and went for a mile walk with me this am! (and he was in a good mood too......).
Better go check the oven, got some cookies in there for my Dd- midterms this week and I am mailing them out tomorrow am.
Hi to Summer, Pam, Sue, Tammy.....hope I did not miss anyone!
Ginny
Kerry-
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #243  
KAR

Good Afternoon everyone,
Had a great day! Spent it with my sdd. We went to lunch at the local Mexican place. Then went to Wal-mart. Where we picked out 9 new pairs of earrings for the little lady. Going shopping with a nine-year old girl can be a hoot. Then we picked out some cards for birthdays, wedding and baby. Plus got healthy stuff for my lunches and dinners this week. Then came home and put all of it away, then went for a 5 mile walk around town. That is already on top of the 3 mile walking video that I did with my two sds this morning. Plus I rode the excerise bike for 15 minutes. Had plans to go hiking with the kids but my dh had volunteered to help at the football games this afternoon. I will be so happy when football season is over and we can do some things that my sdd and I like to do. Enough about me.
Mouse, sounds like you are having a great weekend. Good luck on Wednesday with your observation. That sounds like a fun activity to do with the kids. I really think they will like it. So did you get your swim in today. So what is Wal-mart Whiskey?
Robyn, you probably need that 5 hour nap yesterday. So how was your grandma's birthday party? Did you survive Wal-mart this morning? Hope you had a great day!
Ginny, glad that you had a great time at the hockey game. I have always wanted to go to a hockey game. It looks like it would be really fun to go to one. Sounds like you enjoyed your mile walk with your dh this morning. So what kind of cookies did you make for your dd?
Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a great weekend!
I have to go do some work. Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:35 PM   #244  

Hey!
Back from the beach. Not ready to go back to work. In spite of the fact that we went out to dinner and had lunch out today I have managed to stay within my points. It almost killed me last night as we sat right by the desert bar at Golden Corral. But, I didn't eat any desert. I may be going back next weekend .My mom and my brother are closing their shop after twelve years of business, and they need a lot of help since they have to be out by the end of the month. I feel like I am coming down with a bug. I hope not, I have spent more time sick this year than well. I have a sore throat lurking.

Ginny: How about them Carolina HURRICANES!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOHOOOOO!
Heard they blew threw last night. Ha!

Robin: I HATE Walmart! The prices are great but the crowds suck.
Congrats on your loss this week. I know what you mean about the candy thing. It is currently my TOM and I could hijack a candy bar truck right about now. I do have some light chocolate ice cream in the freezer, so I think I will grab some after our walk.

Robyn and Ginny: My oldest son was a pitcher for a year. Everytime they would put him into pitch I would almost cover my eyes. I was glad when he slid into shortstop the following year. He was a high school field goal kicker and punter too. Everytime he would get up to kick in a very important game I would close my eyes. Even when they would be out of town and we would listen on the radio I would have to walk out of the room. It had my stomach in knots. Gosh, I miss going to the games, but don't miss the stomach aches.

Mouse: Glad you got your swim. How far is it from where you live now to go?? Good luck this week on your observation. Hope all goes well.

Kerry; Sorry you aren't feeling well. Don't you wish you could just go to bed until you felt better? I sure do. Sounds like your schedule is about as hectic as mine. Although, we have Friday off. Yippppeeeeee.

Hey to everyone else. HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!

Off to walk!

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #245  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Well went out to dinner with my dh tonight and he told everyone at the Pub we needed to come home to clean house. The only things he did was gather up the trash, take it to the curb and load and start the dishwasher. Then he said that he had to go and run a few errands and go see a few friends. I know that I shouldn't be pissed off but I didn't really spend any time with him this weekend. We had his kids and they were at football games since Friday night. I had thought we would take the kids hiking today and said something about it yesterday afternoon. Only to be told that he had promised them at the football field that he would work the chains for both playoff games today. So there went my idea of spending quality time as a family. I am just getting so sick of football. That is all the boys did and talked about this weekend. Then we go out to dinner tonight and they have the tv on at the Pub to a football game and the one guy in there was talking about football nonstop. Just once I would like to spend a couple hours on a weekend with my family were there was no mention of football. I guess it will be the middle of winter when they will want to do what Kerry wants to do and than it is going to be too darn cold to go outside and going hiking. Well I needed it to vent before I got back to cleaning house. I am just doing a quick run through and picking up stuff and sweeping the floors. I am not planning on doing a fancy cleaning job. Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a great evening.
Kerry
Old 10-16-2005, 11:29 PM   #246  
Swimming Mouse

Well... I didn't get to go swimming today. That Red Cross class is taking forever... I'm almost halfway finished, but at least have ALL of what I'm teaching tomorrow done.
I had to go out and get a cable to hook my laptop to the TV, so I hope it works!
Kerry, since you asked... Wal-Mart Whiskey is the stuff that teachers drink. We buy it at Wal-Mart because we can't afford to buy real alcohol anywhere else. Another teacher came up with it 5 or 6 years ago, maybe more, when I told a story about interviewing in a REALLY REALLY rural town in the mid-west. The HR person giving me the tour told me, quite seriously, that if Wal-Mart didn't have it, their classrooms didn't need it! Its kind of stuck ever since.
So... since I didn't swim, I also didn't get my cucumber salad. I found a sandwich place over near the BestBuy, and bought a 1/4 roast beef, and 1/4 tuna. They can make the sandwiches "low carb" by giving you just the shell of the roll, so that's what they did... and it was whole wheat bread. Its kind of like a Quiznos, I guess, but the atmosphere is more my style.
My apartment is a pig-sty, still, and my clean clothes are in the dryer. I did, however, get the dishwasher emptied and the dirty dishes put in it! And there isn't a Saturday in the next FOUR WEEKS that I'm home. Next weekend is an Emergency Management drill, then Homecoming. The following Saturday I'm going to help my mom grocery shop, which is an all-day event (its kinda fun, though... we meet near the Fort Meade Commissary, and I help her shop and we talk, then we grab lunch). The Saturday after that we start swimming lessons again... and the aquatics manager always comes the first and last session nights, so we always go out after lessons. They drink alcohol, I drink iced tea. Its fun.
And somewhere in there, I have a feeling I need to plan my friend's babyshower... Her husband was supposed to get back to me, and I just realized that he hasn't done it yet. She's due in December, so I'm really running out of time!

Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:23 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday ladies,

This is a drive-thru, I'll get on again later. I have been quite busy this week and haven't had much time to get on the computer for me and not school stuff. Weekend was pretty good.

Hey Kerry! Did you ever go to John Bryan State Park out of Yellow Springs when you lived my way? DH and I walked a couple of the trails Saturday, and it was really nice. I had only done the stay-in-the-car stuff before there. We went to Peaches in YS for a late lunch, early dinner later.

DH flew out this morning to Burlington, VT on business. Happy, happy, joy, joy! It's just DD and myself until Thursday night. We are a little too happy though to be "manless" for the week.

I'm still at school after cleaning up the lab mess from today....but again, it was worth it. Take care.

Tammy
Mad 4 STING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #248  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

rainy days and mondays always get me down....
especially when the moon is as huge as the one i saw
as i returned home from my son's BoyScout meeting
tonight.

Here is another observation.... my mom was always
THE mom that all the kids flocked to...the one that
everyone trusted and talked to yadda yadda yadda...
So, tonight I realized that I'm now THAT mom! Or
maybe I'm just giving myself some higher position in
the world, but...
The Troop boys are something else!
Tonight one of the guys came up to show me his newly
pierced (with a safety pin at lunch time...) ear! He begged
me not to tell his father (his mother knows!). OK..
Soooo.... the way I figure it....a pierced ear is minimum....
I did tell him to clean it with some sort of antibacterial stuff
AND I added that if I saw that he was doing that incredibly
stupid guaging then I'd tell EVERYONE and ANYONE about
his ear! (HOW or WHY do you middle and high school people
do it?! AND what was I supposed to say? And I must add that
my sons know that I'd never fight their desire to pierce their
ears...their father had a pierced ear for years, I wear 4 earrings
and a cartilage ring...so what could I say?! Anyway... sigh!)

And...one of the guys brought his project over by me to paint
so he could "mess with" me (his words!) as he painted! He talked
and stole my paint the entire project! Our little group had a nice
long talk about how long I have been a teacher and why I can't
seem to get to 2nd grade! (They were teasing that it only took
them 1 or 2 years to get out of 1st grade!) Then another asked
for a ride home and then as he was getting out of the car, he asked
if I could drive him home next week as I was much cooler than
his mom!

So.... um, it is a good thing that they talk to me, yes?! (Have I
told you how much teenagers give me hives??? EWWW!) There is
a group of about 5 that call me "OtherMother"..... This is ok, yes?!
AND it could be worse, yes? I could be one that they are hiding
stuff from...right?!!!?? My mom still hears from "kids" that were in
her church youth group way back when. Of course, they are nearing
50 now! They still tell me how special she was / is to them! So,
this is a good thing with those kiddos at BoyScouts?!

Today:My food intake was good as well as controlled! My water intake was passed my goal! I've not done a bit of exercising.... and it is 9:15.... perhaps I could
do a 1 mile walk with Leslie! That wouldn't take very long at all...
and it would be something! Ok...off to dust off my 1 mile tape and
put on sneakers....

gotta run...so I can walk! (I crack myself up!)
take care....
meeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:37 PM   #249  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Looks like we all survived another Monday. Just think we are one Monday closer to summer vacation. LOL I guess I should just work on getting closer to getting through this week until Thursday with my kids. I took Friday off as a personal day to spend the weekend at my parents house visiting them. Today was a good eating and exercising day for me. I mean this would make it three days in a row for me since my last TOPS weigh in last Tuesday. I am hoping to see the numbers on the scale go down tomorrow evening. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please!
Tammy, I had been to John Bryan several times hiking the trails with my friends. Plus my dh and I went there on one of our dates. It is a beautiful park, especially in the fall with the changing leaves. So what are your big plans for this week with your dd since it is only the two of you at home?
Mouse, hope your class went well tonight. Sounds like you are just as busy as I am the next couple of weekends. I will be so glad when Thanksgiving break rolls around. Because I know that I can relax a little bit then. Watch I will either get sick or sleep through it all from being so exhausted. Sorry to hear that you were not able to go swimming yesterday. But your sandwiches sound yummy! Hope you have an awesome day on Wednesday when you are observed.
Robyn, it is an honor to be the other mother, the cool mother. You had me cracking up with your comments about how the kid asked for a ride home next week because you are a lot cooler than his mom. Plus how you haven't made it out of first grade yet. Glad to hear that you decided to spend a little time with Leslie tonight. Way to go. You will that 20 pounds or more milestone this coming Saturday. I have faith in you my cool mother!
Hi to Summer, Pam, Michele, Ginny and Sue. Hope you are all having a wonderful start to another work week!
Just got home from a 3 mile walk with my dh. So I need to lay out my clothes for tomorrow, make sure I have a healthy lunch and snack packed, got my gallon of water ready to take and go to bed. I think I might try to finish watching Meet The Fockers. I started to watch that last night before going to bed. It is funny in parts. Have any of you seen it?
Well I will talk to you all tomorrow. Hope to have great news to report to you tomorrow evening about my TOPS weigh-in.
Have a great evening. Have an awesome Tuesday!
Later gators,
Kerry
Old 10-18-2005, 11:58 AM   #250  
burned out bus driver

Just a drive thru hello.......and I most likely will not be back later. Tonite is my CPR refresher......and won't be back till 9.
Guess we all made it thru the weekend.....and now heading toward the half way point of another fun work week! Speaking of fun- I called the police this am to find out how the investigation of the moron who ran my reds is going.....and they have no idea who the report was filed with. So I called work, she had no idea who she spoke with. HOPEFULLY the father who also reported the event has a brain and knows who he spoke with, otherwise I guess I am stuck giving the jerk a summons myself.......or running him over which is a very appealing idea. Gimme a break......

Been a good girl walking the past day or so- and my eating has been fair- considering I have been fighting PMS it could have been a ton worse.
Gotta go wash the kitchen floor. Oh what fun.
Sorry not to get personal.......I miss "chatting" with you!
Ginny
Old 10-19-2005, 11:54 AM   #251  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
I went to TOPS last night and was the weekly loser of 1 3/4 pounds. So that is half of what I gained the prior two weeks. My goal is to be about 190 pounds by the first of Dec. I only have 8 1/4 pounds to go. I hope that I can do it. I guess I got a compliment from my dh last night because I had my nightgown on and happened to walk in the living room for something and he said "Oh honey, I guess I can't call you old thunder thighs anymore since they aren't that way anymore. They are really starting to tone up and look nice." Now if I could just get the fat on the underside of my arm to start to tone up and look great I would be happy. I guess we can't have it all own way all the time!
So are you all glad that it is Wednesday and half the work week is over. I only have tomorrow and than it is off to see my folks for the weekend in the Youngstown area. I am looking forward to a break away from my busy life of school, stepkids sports stuff and housework. I hope to go shopping on Saturday for some Fall/winter tops and shirts.
Ginny I am proud of you for getting your walking in. I was a little disappointed this morning when I couldn't get my VCR to work, so I rode the excerise bike instead. So I atleast got my half hour workout in. Did you have fun at your CPR refresher course last night?
Hello to everyone else. I hope you are all having a wonderful week. I have to go run to the rest room before going out on recess duty. Talk to you all later. Have a wonderful afternoon and evening.
Kerry
Old 10-19-2005, 12:24 PM   #252  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a drive thru visit here.........

Kerry- congrats on the weight loss!!!!! Sure feels good to regain some ground lost...
You are going to make that goal......keep up the good work. Sorry about the VCR. That kind of stuff ticks me off, especially when you were I am sure, looking foward to some quality time with Leslie. Nice job "executing plan B", however.......got a workout in anyway! (love Dh's complement.....give that man a hug!). Hey, do you use the stretchie??? (Leslie's power walk tape uses it). There is a ton of back of the arm work in that tape......and I know you like her.

CPR was ok- it gets easier and makes more sense the second time around. Not that I did not get it the first time, I just do not feel so overwhelmed......no I do not feel confident at all, just less overwhelmed. Hey, Mouse, does it ever get any easier???? (figure you must have CPR).
Went to WW- gained 0.2. Some might be water- TOM is here- and also some of it is clothes. I wore more today as the weather is cooler. My pants are getting looser- so I am not discouraged. Got 3.5 miles in with Leslie today.
I'd better go iron some shirts before Dh sends me to the cleaners!!!!!!
Its hump day!!!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 10-19-2005, 04:17 PM   #253  

Hey!
Happy Wednesday. For me tomorrow is the last day of the week. Yippeeee. We are off Friday. So, I am soooooooo glad. I have been doing really really well with my points this week. I hope I lost a ton. Ok, a couple of pounds will be ok too. I'm so close to getting under 170. I can hardly stand it.
School has been busy as usual. I'm pooped out. My mom gave me a sewing machine, and I have been trying to figure out how in the world to get it to work properly. I never did well in home economics................... I need to hem some pants for my youngest son. I have hemmed two pairs by hand, but that's a pain. Plus I can't stitch straight. So................ I am gonna go fiddle with that for a while.
Talk to you all later.
Hey to everyone!

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:33 PM   #254  
burned out bus driver

Hey, Pam!
I hope you lost a ton too!!!!!! Sorry you are so pooped out, I understand! Now, the big question. Why do you have Friday off?? (gee, how come I don't?) Good luck with the sewing machine......if you are attempting to use the hemming stitch, it works great once you have mastered it. My neighbor taught me how to use that stitch and I went thru a piece of scrap fabric trying to master it. I hope your directions are better than the ones with my machine....I am not a great seamstress but love to sew..and the directions had me dizzy. Ok, dizzier than normal.
Enjoy it - rest up..........enjoy the weekend.
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 10-19-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:02 PM   #255  
burned out bus driver

Gee, noone here........the end of a long day.....is it Friday yet????????
G'nite. I too am pooped.
Ginny