Old 09-01-2005, 09:17 AM   #16  

You are NOT going to believe this.... I actually exercised yesterday! I did a little Pilates and a little free weights. It's nothing to brag about but for me it is a step in the right direction. Plus I golfed twice, so I guess all that walking must count for something. I need to start toning. I was sitting on my DH's lap the other day, which made my legs kind of squish up. I was SHOCKED at the amount of celulite I saw! I've lost the weight but now I need to do some replacing of muscle with fat. Hopefully that little view will be a good motivator. I guess I should have taken a picture of it!

Michele: Don't feel guilty about giving up exercises for your sick DS. Children need their Mommies when they are sick. Just as long as you make sure there is some time for just you.

Kerry/Ginny: We are leaving Friday and coming home Monday. I sure hope my DH does not get too amourous as he is staying home to golf. I am just taking the kids and meeting up with my girlfriend and her children. My sisters may also come.

Pam: I know that 3:00 hunger thing too well. That is my weakest point. Not only am I really truely hungry because lunch is so early but I am usually tired and overwhelmed by what I still need to do. Those things are also big triggers for me. I am so sorry to hear that you lost so much in the flood of 1999. I have never experienced such a tragidy so I can only imagine how tough that must be. My children love to camp. Of course they are still only 10 and 13. Remember to take your weight lose one step at a time. Any lose is a victory. This weight didn't come on over night, so you can expect it to go away that quickly either.

Mouse: I am so glad you are back! I was worried sick. Worrying is one of the things that I am really, really good at! So is your student from Central America really MR or is it just a language barrier thing? I hope they figure out a way to get an interpreter soon for the poor guy. I get teased all the time about being a part time teacher because I only have 10-12 students in my class at a time. Of course when I offer to trade classes (and work load) no one wants to take me up on it.

All your talk about school and students is making me anxious to get back. From what I heard from the other teachers, I should have a great bunch of kids this year. Plus only having two preps will be wonderful! One week from today I'll be with the little (well okay most of them are bigger than me) darlings again!

Today I get to go have my mamogram. Yipee skippee! They are so much fun and I almost always have something that they want to see again. For being totally breastless, I sure have a lot of lumps! Other than that I am just planning on doing some packing and doing some family time, since we won't see my DH for four days.

Sue
MaintenanceMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #17  
KAR

Good Afternoon Ladies,
I am having another great day! I can't believe two days in a row. My kids are finally settling in to a routine. I have a few boys who try to test the waters all the time, but I am trying to stay on top of them.
Great job on getting some excerise in Sue. Any little bit helps. Hope you get your packing done and can spend time with your dh and kids. I told my dh last night that I wanted to spend some time with him tonight since we have his kids this weekend. I feel at times that I have vie for his attention when they are around. He will give me attention, but his daughter has to be everywhere we are and not leave us alone for two minutes. If he sits by me on the couch then she has to be on the other side of him. If he kisses me, she comes running up to him to get a kiss. She is very jealous of having to share her daddy with another female at times. Oh well, I am starting to get use to how she acts and deal with it accordingly.
Hello to Pam, Michele, Tammy, Robyn, Ginny and Mouse. Hope you are all having a wonderfu l day!
I better go and get my kids started on their math lesson. They were silently reading to calm themselves down from recess. It seems to have worked today, so I think I might run with this idea for the rest of the year.
Check back with everyone later this afternoon or evening.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:01 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Sorry not to get personal.....just stopped in for a short hello.
Went up .6#.......seem to be losing the same .6 all the time. Gotta break out of this rut......but TOM is due next week, so that could be the problem.
Off to take Ds to baseball practice. See ya!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Back from a wild day.....just entirely too much running for my likes.....and the price of gas??????? $3.15 for regular downtown.....ugh.......

Kerry- love your attitude! Hope you get your time in with Dh before the weekend. Glad too that the Herbalife stuff is working out well for you. Must be something good in it, cause you have been in a great mood!

Sue- well are you sufficiently squeezed to death for one year??????? I had a mammo a few years ago, they called in the head of the department mid stream, cause they thought they saw something.....she came in and made the wierdest faces...almost as though she saw aliens in my left boob or something......so there I lay on the dumb table- three people oggling at my left boob.......wondering if that alien they saw was potentially malignant or a friendly alien. I was ready to strangle the dept head- whose reaction was absolutely the worst.....her faces gave away her reaction (oh, how professional). So I understand the abnormal mammo thing.......hope yours went well.

Mouse- glad you are ok......sounds as though you are in yet another interesting situation. Focus on where you can do some good (sounds as though there is tons of potential for that!). How good that you were able to reach that Central America student. Keep your chin up and keep smiling......
Glad too that your Imp is back home with Mommy. For me, I have finally found a good use for the awful local newspaper......I put lots of it underneath and around the litter box. RC will use one of those "hooded" litter pans- had to get that because otherwise her fat fanny hangs over the litter box and she gets the floor. So the hood keeps her fat fanny in the box. Fidgie- well being an alien cat herself, and infested with space cadet disease too, she needs the paper underneath just to keep things under control.

Anyway......not much else new.....long day.....Dm is on the phone. Gotta go
Ginny
Old 09-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #20  
Swimming Mouse

Good evening...

Ginny: Imp has that automatic litterbox, and I think he's rebelling a bit because he doesn't like the clumping litter. But it is the only kind that works with. Hmph.
And today he figured out where his plastic baggy of treats from his Grandma was (on top of the fridge... they were in the middle of the living when I got home. Must've interrupted him because they weren't open yet.)

All: I'm sorry you all were worried. And remember my kid and the language book? Guess what? He's NOT ALLOWED TO EAT PIZZA! Apparently, its a trigger for his seizures! I've gotten my first love note from a parent, and a phone message. The adapted PE teacher didn't take the kids to get their pictures taken. I have no idea why, since all the other kids did it through health and PE or some other core class. I don't teach any of my kids core classes. The communication in this building SUCKS, and really, my mentor bears a striking attitudinal resemblence to the team leader I thought I got rid at my last school!
The kids make it worthwhile, but its so hard to get a straight answer out of anybody!!

I found a neat Italian place near the gym I interviewed at today... they had a cucumber and feta salad with low-fat dressing premade. It was awesome, and I have some of it left for lunch tomorrow. I had it with some shaved lamb and a small piece of bread (how could I resist? It was FRESH baked naan! I watched him make it!). Other than that, I'm pretty good on food. I amaze my teaching assistant, I think... she has PCOS, but doesn't follow the diet at all. She tells me how her doctor isn't really doing anything, so I gave her the name of my endocrinologist... maybe she'll go see her.
Speaking of which, I worked at a bike ride to raise money for the local Red Cross chapter last Sunday... its either a full Century (100 miles) or a metric century, or half metric century... (62 or 31 miles), and a lot of the money goes to the local chapter disaster relief. I was the manager for the start/end site, and while I'm getting set up for lunch and dealing with the county department of health (apparently you need a license to serve food even temporarily at an event of this size... 1400 bike riders!)... who walks up to me but my endocrinologist?? I was stunned. I think I knew she rode a bike, but she did the whole 100 miles, and was definitely one of the first ones back. It couldn't have taken her much over 6 hours, because we didn't start registering people until 6:00 a.m., and I don't remember seeing her when we were doing that.
Okay... gotta run. G'night. Hope everybody has a good Friday.
Oh: I might have problems getting here this weekend! I'm doing some minor consulting for a friend's son, plus of course we're busy with Red Cross stuff. I'll probably be at the local chapter answering phones since I can't go to New Orleans.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:03 PM   #21  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I got myself caught back up tonight! I did the 4 mile Super Challenge! I wasn't feeling all that guilty about choosing my son over walking. But, I WAS a slug yesterday--there was NO EXCUSE for not walking. I just didn't feel like it. That happened again this morning. I just didn't want to get up and walk (even though I always have so much energy when I do it!). I HAVE to get up and walk tomorrow because I won't have another opportunity. I have to do my ticket-taking duty (1st of 2 a year) at the first football game of the season tomorrow night. 4-5 hours of standing on a cement slab taking money and handing out tickets for a whole $20!! By the time my duty is done, it will be going on 9:00 and I'll probably stay for the rest of the game. So, I'm getting my fanny out of bed at 5:45 and doing 3 miles (I hope!).

Have a great night!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:59 AM   #22  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
Michele- great job getting that 4 miler in...Hope you made it up today and got another "walk" in. I know I feel so much better when I do! Oh, the things we do for our kiddies.........hope your ticket taking tour of duty is as good as it can be. I will be thinking of you when I get stuck with one of my 2 tours of duty at the concession stand at Dd's soccer league.

Mouse- darn it, when you gonna teach Imp how to open the bag of treats!!!
Bad mommy you are, my dear! I bought one jug of that clumping litter, found it a regular pain in the butt.....went back to the clay stuff. (speaking of which, I have to change the litter pans this am). I am sure that you will be very busy with the Red Cross this weekend. I just tried to make a donation (Katrina) online at another organization and their server is on overload. No surprise, I guess. Have a good weekend, if you don't make it here.

Any of you southern ladies......NC or Virginia residents find my husband???
I think I left him somewhere on the OB- or in Va, Md, Del.......6'3", 190#, folically impared a bit, greying.....blue eyes..... All I know is I went on vacation with him, and he was nice to be with last week. Sort of like the man I fell in love with 20 years ago......nothing like the monster that is masquerading for him and coming home from work this week. Breaks my heart- ate myself into oblivion last nite and slept on the couch. Wanted NO part of being near him. He picked all over any and everything- did not like Dd's hair cut (this kid has gorgeous, wavy blond hair, the whole shop was goggling over it, tons of people pay lots and lots of $$$$$$$ to get hair that looks like hers naturally) he did not like much of anything else going on.....just managed to find something I did not do (and why the heck did you not do that!) as opposed to what I did accomplish. Ok, to his credit- he knew he was a monster (Atilla the Hun is back!) and did apologize,but the hurt is still there.
Ok, Ginny, just shut up and deal with it. Sorry for my ranting and raving....had to vent and I am shifting into PMS time. It all still hurts, nontheless.

Well, on that happy note, got another busy day. Dd is coming home for the weekend and bringing her roommate, so I'd better restraighten the house (I had it looking great on Wednesday ). Got a few errands to do.....and Ds has a baseball game this evening. Its my turn to stay for that- Dd can't get home from work early enough. (he gets the double header on Monday! ). Speaking of Dd, she is most definately seeing that wonderful creep who dumped her just before Christmas (and totally trashed our Christmas break). Lord give me grace........

Hope everyone has a good day. I will stop foaming at the "keyboard" now.
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 09-02-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:29 AM   #23  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Thank God it is Friday! I am sure you are all looking forward to a long 3 day weekend, like I am. Tonight I might get out of going to the high school football game with the family, if my one nephew decides to go with them. I am really hoping so that I can get some downtime and recharge before everyone floods our house this weekend. Tomorrow the boys have their second football game of the season. Thank God it is a home game and we don't have to go very far. Sunday I think we are going to take it easy. I hope to be able to go to church. I only got to go I think twice this summer with everything that was going on with my summer school, kids actitivies and family duties. I might see if we can go out to the lake and take a nice long walk as a family. Than Monday we are having a birthday party at our house for our 4 year -old great niece. So I think I am going to have a great weekend!
Mouse, glad that you are enjoying working with your students. Atleast that makes it worth getting up in the morning and going to school. Lord knows the staff doesn't cut it for you. So when will you hear something about the interview you had at the gym? Hope all goes well this weekend for you working at the Red Cross center.
Ginny, I wonder if there is something in the air that makes males at this time of year acted like a heartless idiot. My dh has been like that at times this past week. Last night I went to the local pizza shop with him, so he could get something to eat for dinner and there was a guy in there that made the statement when football season comes around he dumps his girlfriend for about 5 months. I think that is just awful and after sitting by this guy for about 10 minutes, I now know why he is still single. What a jerk this guy is. So I thought of you and how you are a baseball widow during the spring, summer and fall. You will be proud to know that I just drank water while my dh ate last night. It wasn't too bad even though I love their pizza. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family and your dd's roommate.
Summer are you still playing hide and seek in your classroom? Hope you are having a wonderful week with your students.
Pam, how is your week going? Do you still love your students and being changed to 6th grade? Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Robyn, good luck tomorrow morning at your WW's meeting. Hope you are getting in all your points and excerise in.
Sue, have a wonderful, safe camping trip. Enjoy the last weekend camping of the season.
Michele way to go about getting your walk in. I hope you were able to get your fanny out this morning to put in your walk. Have fun doing your tour of duty at the ticket gate.
Tammy where are you at? Hope all is well with you!
I did weigh and measure myself this morning. I have lost 13 inches and 2 pounds on my new diet plan. So I am so happy with the results so far.
Well I better go, since my kids are here. Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-02-2005, 11:41 AM   #24  

Hello everyone: I decided to postpone my camping trip until tomorrow. My girlfriend isn't getting up there until then anyway. I just had to offer to pay for the site for tonight anyway because they wanted to rent it for the full weekend. My heart just isn't in this trip, although I know it will be fun when I get there.

Kerry thanks for the reminder about step parenting. I am in the opposite boat as in my children live with us. I have been trying hard the past few weeks to give my DH some extra special attention just for him. I know I have to continue this once school starts.

Ginny - Be happy with your $3.15 a gallon. I think the pumps were running right around $3.40 yesterday. I have to fill the tank today for camping and will need to do it again when I get back. I am not looking forward to that sticker shock. They found another lump yesterday. Now I have questionable lumps in both breast so at least I am even. They had me stay and do an ultrasound on it. I will probably get the results next week. Nothing like giving you a little stress for your last weekend of summer! Sorry your DH isn't treating you right. It is so much harder to be hurt by the person you love and is suppose to love you.

Mouse - Ohhhhhh homemade bread! My stomach is rumbling just thinking about it. That is probably my biggest killer when I go out to eat. I can order sensible but I can't keep my paws off the bread! I know I could ask them to remove it but I am usually with other people so I can't. It is so honorable the work you do for the red cross. My BIL is a paramedic and his company is sending him and several other down south to help out. The film footage is just so depressing. It is uncomprehensible to me that that is happening in the United States!

Michele: I use to take tickets for our freshman basketball team to earn a season pass to all athletics. Then I realized I spent more money feeding my children from the consession stand than I would to buy tickets to the few football games I attended. (I don't care for sports but I like the marching band!). I hope you survived your tour of duty. I have tendonitis in my knee and standing or walking on cement really does a number on me.

I am not sure if I'll have time to get on tomorrow or not. I guess it all depends on how constructive I am today. I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend.

Sue
Old 09-02-2005, 11:41 AM   #25  
KAR

Just had to come in and tell you my embarassing, but funny story. I just got a new tool for my classroom called the Attention Getter. It makes three noises when you what to get your class's attention, race track, rooster and Tarazan. So I decided to use it today as a transition tool for my boys. One of them kept trying to make it go off ,so I stuck it in my back pocket. Well I forgot that I had it in my back pocket and sat down. Guess what Tarazan went off. Must have been the heavy load on him. LOL The kids started laughing immediately as well I did. But the embarrassing part is that I said "It isn't everyday that you hear that noise coming out of my butt!" The boys just thought that was so funny and kept right on laughing for about 10 minutes. I bet my face was really red. Just thought you might need some humor to go on with your afternoon. Talk to you all later.
Kerry
Old 09-02-2005, 12:21 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello....

Kerry- proud of you with that water! Hope your Dh is treating you right.

Sue- most questionable lumps end up being nothing...I will keep you in my prayers.
See ya later-
Ginny
Old 09-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #27  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Kerry, thanks for the chuckle this afternoon! I needed that!

I DID get up and did the 3 mile Express tape this morning! Now I can stay at the game when my duty is over and just enjoythe beautiful weather and hopefully a win! We are playing our near-by rivals, so this would start our season off right if we won!

No big plans for the weekend. We'll run to town (about 40 minutes away) sometime for some errands. Otherwise, the only thing is cards with our dearest friends. They were supposed to come over last weekend, but he forgot to tell her and she made other plans for them (it was their anniversary, so I don't really blame her for wanting to be alone). So, now they're coming over this weekend. I'll probably make up some munchies and we'll sit and laugh and play cards. Otherwise, a very quiet holiday weekend--YAY! Next weekend we are scheduled to go to the Twin Cities. Hubby and son are going geocaching (a sort of treasure hunt using a GPS) and daughter and I are going to the MALL of America!

The following weekend, we are going camping at a lake near Des Moines. It is also a geocaching activity. But this lake has so much to do that we will be very busy! Good thing we have a pop-up (we just bought it in May), the weather is getting crisp at night.

Well, I really should use my prep for some school stuff......

Check back in with you later in the weekend!

Michele
Old 09-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #28  
Swimming Mouse

Evening all.
There are some issues with my getting set up with the Red Cross. Most of my contacts have been directly with the director, who is also the person in charge of sending out all the national people! She's up to her eyeballs, and doesn't have time to answer... so I've been shunted into the group of all the people who are new volunteers or haven't ever gone out before. And that means I'm told to attend the orientation: which is at 10:00 a.m. or noon. That isn't going to happen, not with my principal!
I guess that means I won't be doing anything this weekend, I can't reach anybody to talk to them and explain.

Michele: I don't think I said hello before. I think I missed your original post when I was MIA. WElcome! The others know that I went from one really bad situation and seem to have landed in a similar staff/administrative situation to the one I left. You'll have to excuse my posts... I'm trying to be positive, but its hard. My mentor can't possibly be as clueless as she seems, but she is sure making it hard for me to find the paperwork I need and get answers to my questions.

Kerry: I love your story! I laughed so hard... that is great, and sounds totally like something I'd do!
Ginny: NEVER! I'm NEVER teaching Imp to open the treat bag! He's figured out how to open the foil covered ones on his own... he uses his teeth. He couldn't get a simple plastic sandwich bag open? Nah! I'm sure I interrupted him at his deed.
And he may not like the litter, but he darned sure loves his SUPER CLEAN litterbox.

And now, I have a student story. I have more than one kid that I'm pretty sure isn't MR and shouldn't be coded that way. :sigh: One of them is emotionally disturbed, however, and a kitten compared to my kids that I just left. He's a wanna-be.... big mouth, the whole deal. He was absent Tuesday, which would have been my first day to see him, so I didn't meet him till Thursday. And he tried his games... telling me how stupid he was, and how I was going to kick him out of class. I just jumped right on him and structured the whole deal... spent quite a bit of time talking to him. And the first time he did something wrong, I pulled him in the hallway and REALLY jumped. Today, I helped him out with his schedule and guidance counselor (who is as much of a prize as the rest of the administrative staff!)... He did a really nice bit of self-advocacy, and I made sure he was rewarded for it. Later, he was coming down the hallway, and he stopped to give me one of those totally teen gestures... he gripped my one hand, then bowed over my shoulder. Then he ASKED if he could do the same with my TA. Since I'd jumped on him yesterday when he couldn't keep his hands to himself, I was super pleased. And when I asked him if he was working on thinking before he talked, he VISIBLY paused, counted to 5, and then spoke... just like I'd asked. It'll definitely take time, but I was super psyched over that.
Also, the reading teacher stopped me to tell me about reading test scores, and she and I got nearly identical scores from the kids we tested... so that was really good.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:14 AM   #29  

Good morning everyone! I am just waiting for it to warm up a bit before I attach the camper to the car and take off. Sounds like we are going to have a beautiful weekend! I am getting excited about my children's first canoe trip. I wish my DH could come too.

Kerry - Your story cracked me up! I can just see the children's reaction. That will be something they will talk about for years to come!

Ginny - I have had many of lumps in the other breast, so I know not to spend too much time worrying about it. Actually I should be excited. I am so flat chested, I can use all the mass I can get! I appreciate the prayers anyway, just in case.

Michele - So do you have some good diet friendly munchies that you feed to your non dieting friends? My girlfriend is having a retirement party and asked me to bring along some munchies. I would like to make something that I can eat guilt free but I don't want to gag the regular people who will be eating it!

Mouse - Sounds like you made a big difference in that boys life. Probably no one has ever taken the time to help him before. See that is why we do it all. That one moment was worth all the crap you put up with up to that point. I notice your school day count down, how funny!

Robyn, Summer and Pam - Where are you?

Sue
Old 09-03-2005, 08:57 AM   #30  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Well, we didn't get home until 10:30 last night, but WE WON!!! 50-21! It was a great way to start the new season, and with a new coach and against our local rivals, it was even sweeter!

Sue, no I don't have any good "diet" recipes. The friend who is coming over with her husband can't have regular sugar, but she is a fabulous cook. She has discovered Splenda and makes all sorts of sweets using it. More than likely she will bring something sweet. I thought about smokies in BBQ sauce because my kids love them and don't get them very often. Haven't decided what else. Actually, I have found that I do pretty well when they come over--we're so busy playing that I don't munch much! But if anyone has any good ideas, I'd gladly take them!

I'm planning on doing at least 3 miles today (the prescribed amount for today on my Walk Diet). Hubby is gone until late this afternoon and the kids will be outside playing all day (it's gorgeous here!). So I can walk to my heart's content! I also need to get caught up on household chores this weekend. Working for a living has meant NO TIME for that!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, restful, Labor Day weekend!

Michele